• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Search?

Started by Chester A. Arthur, September 23, 2013, 10:35:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chester A. Arthur

The "search" feature under the forums is no more.  How do you initiate a search on the site?

HorseFeathers

think i seen somewhere, that it's turned off due to overloading the servers or something of that nature..

Eddie Goodson

Search is disabled right now as Douglas finishes the server move. It will return.

Douglas

It may be a couple weeks before Search returns as Eddie indicated. We need to be able to test the true power of the servers for tomorrow night and Saturday. Right now, the search system we use (called Sphinx) is not playing nicely and locks up all 5 of the web servers while the requests are processed, which basically crashes everything, so we're working on troubleshooting in a development area, rather than on the live production servers.

Have no worries, it WILL come back. :)

pars1234

Any update on the return of the "search" function?

pars1234

Quote from: Douglas on September 26, 2013, 08:54:05 am
It may be a couple weeks before Search returns as Eddie indicated. We need to be able to test the true power of the servers for tomorrow night and Saturday. Right now, the search system we use (called Sphinx) is not playing nicely and locks up all 5 of the web servers while the requests are processed, which basically crashes everything, so we're working on troubleshooting in a development area, rather than on the live production servers.

Have no worries, it WILL come back. :)

Douglas,
Any update on the search function return date?

Douglas

It's deprioritized right now. Will return after CFB season is over.

pars1234

Thank you, I check daily for the search function to return. I appreciate your contribution to the message board!

pars1234

Update on the search function return?

Walter

pars1234

Does "cfb" stand for college or conference?  No, I'm not being sarcastic. 

Lanny

We are going to use a different resource for search.  Not activated now

Lions84

Moonshiner

Any news on how to do a search?  Am I missing it somewhere?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on May 21, 2014, 01:38:00 pm

It's disabled....

sevenof400

May 21, 2014, 07:07:54 pm #15 Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:11:42 pm by sevenof400
Quote from: Moonshiner on May 21, 2014, 01:38:00 pm

As a short term workaround, you might try this.  You can search for a specific term within one website.  Might be handy enough to help you find something on FF..

I tried searching for Uncle Ivan on FF and found several - shall we say interesting - threads worth reading.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas