• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fort Smith Southside at Greenwood - The Battle for Sebastian County

Started by RD™, October 12, 2012, 10:36:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD™

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 13, 2012, 03:22:15 pm
RD, Conway's is something special. I hope they get to bring it. I did hear GW asked another school not to bring their band.
Simply because we can't hold 7A bands.

Back in the day, The Pride of Western Arkansas, was THE Showband in this state. Those were the days.

7AFBFAN

Is there room to bring in extra bleachers or possibly open up the entire track to lawn chairs like you guys do a chosen few?

Baitshop

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on October 13, 2012, 03:20:36 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 01:27:22 pm
Did you say Band?   Well count me in!   I love watching the Battle of the Bands!  x14113 has all the contest listed on the music forum...

Greenwood's band hasn't battled jack since ole Uncle Hawg graduated.

Was Dolan there then..??..??

Southside will put 276 on the field during halftime...

RD™

Quote from: Baitshop on October 13, 2012, 03:26:14 pm
Did you say Band?   Well count me in!   I love watching the Battle of the Bands!  x14113 has all the contest listed on the music forum...

Was Dolan there then..??..??

Southside will put 276 on the field during halftime...
Hill was here 96, 97, then he bailed to Lake Hamilton because of our administration and then we hired Dolan, love the guy, he is awesome, and consider him a good friend, but a Paul Simon show my SR year, was NOT what I had in mind. #fail

Baitshop

Went to school with Dolan's brothers (or cousins) and his wife Kim....

RD™

Quote from: Baitshop on October 13, 2012, 03:57:15 pm
Went to school with Dolan's brothers (or cousins) and his wife Kim....
Kim was sweetest lady I ever met, that really messed up Dolan. So much in fact, he is no longer interested in the other sex.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2012, 01:41:41 pm
Is it too late to order runner-up...runner-up rings or do you think bigshot has some stashed somewhere?.....

I like this girl...

the Padre

Skip the band nerd talk.  The Padre sez Rebels by 10.  Any less than a 10 point lead late in the 4th for the Rebs and all bets are off.  Going to make this my first game in a couple of years and will be sitting with the Rebs.  My good friend, Father Guido would like to remind these fine folks on the Big Boy board that Greenwood has played bigger teams in the past, and big games in the past and are not likely to be in awe of anything SHS will be bringing.  Key to the game, assuming the Rebs go with their old school style is to put points on the board while they are pounding the ball up the middle and eating up the clock. Winning time of possession won't get it done, and for God's sake don't get stupid and get sucked into throwing the ball around with the Bulldogs

the Padre

Looking forward to a good game.  Gonna break the sabatical and get out for the first game in a couple of years if I can remember how to find my way to Smith-Robinson.  It will be a little strange sitting, standing on the other side though.  Should be a good one.  Rebels will need to put some points on the board and not shoot themselves in the foot.  Hope the players listen to Coach Williams and don't look at this as a bunch of 5A boys trying to hang with the big boys.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 13, 2012, 11:01:30 am
Quote from: TTofGreenwood on October 13, 2012, 03:35:06 am
Quote from: Baitshop on October 13, 2012, 01:01:49 am
I've got some Greenwood gear stuffed in the back of my lingerie drawer that I might still fit in.....I may take you up on that offer....what time do you boys get up there..??

5:55. I'll see if our counselor can get you an all access pass.

Ummm...

Not to crash your little man love party boys, but there will be some Fearless Friday royalty in attendance as well.

I require a fifth of Coke Zero and a bowl of black and gold M&M's along with my reserved indoor seating...

I bet we can take care of the Fearless Friday Potentate.  Swing by the booth for shout out.  I cant meet like regular FF folks....

gwddog

Quote from: Baitshop on October 12, 2012, 10:46:07 pm
The month of October will end on the 31st......and Greenwood's winning streak still continues...

Courtesy of THE Southside Rebels....only playing the U of Greenwood again because AAA says they have to!!!
Fixed it for you

RGP

The "U of Greenwood" is one of the most comical developments I've ever witnessed.

WAKE UP CALL
You have historically played to be the 33rd best team in Arkansas.
Your town consists of a bunch of white hillbillies. Thus.....
Your team typically consists of a bunch of white hillbillies (recruitment non-withstanding).
Yes, your team is fast. But everyone is still a bunch of white hillbillies.
On any given year, you may have 2-3 players big enough and strong enough for football with the big boys.
Your stadium is a joke.
Your team is classless.

And......
Maintaining this means so much to your crappy little town and school district that you are more
like Devry University of Greenwood Village to me.
Yes, that's a real school.

Unless you have proof shut your mouths

RD™

I will not tolerate that garbage. Post it again I dare you.

Earl is my Hero!!

Wait, I missed that. What did RGP say?

Everybody hears things that may or not be true but at the same time may or may not be legal. Specifically, I have heard some troubling things about this Bulldog Foundation that makes sure certain financial concerns of certain individuals are no longer concerns of said individuals.

From what I hear there is at least one other coach that makes Barry Lunney money, but not all of said coach's income is reported on the W-2 from said school district.

Rumor is a part of life in the high school football universe...

Smithian

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on October 14, 2012, 04:49:54 pm
I will not tolerate that garbage. Post it again I dare you.
So, basically, you don't like when Greenwood is trashed?

Sorry, but when you play Southside we will not bow down to 5A standards and let Greenwood fans be the only one mouthing.

The idea of being talked down to by the #33 school in football last year is laughable to me. I can barely find it in me to get excited about the game other than to tear down the dreams of fans and kids of Fort Smith's suburbs.

catfish1

7AFBFAN

catfish, you obviously don't know the first thing about football with that statement. Nothing else you say from this point forward has credibility.

RD, play fair now, your boys mouth crap about SS non stop year in and year out yourself included. If you don't mind please take some time and tell us what RGP said that isn't true. The truth shall set you free.

Smithian

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 14, 2012, 05:42:04 pm

RD, play fair now, your boys mouth crap about SS non stop year in and year out yourself included. If you don't mind please take some time and tell us what RGP said that isn't true. The truth shall set you free.
Leave RD alone.

Greenwood fans want to be the biggest fish in a tiny pond. They want the power. They don't want to compete on an equal footing.

RD's moderating follows along with that concept.

If RGP's post was that false and inflammatory, I am sure RD could tear him to shreds with his own facts and opinions.

RD™

Let's just say he said some things, that could get Lanny in trouble if Greenwood admin saw it on here.

7AFBFAN

I missed something. I take it a post somewhere was altered.

Baitshop

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 14, 2012, 08:11:52 pm

"Joan Rivers" has been altered less than RGP's post was.... ;)

"Gutted" might be a better description....

ricepig

Quote from: Baitshop on October 14, 2012, 08:32:57 pm
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 14, 2012, 08:11:52 pm

"Joan Rivers" has been altered less than RGP's post was.... ;)

"Gutted" might be a better description....

Probably a few claims that were unsubstantiated.

7AFBFAN

pantherblue

#22 was Peyton Hillis's number for Conway if I'm not mistaken. That number will run to would be tacklers instead of away from. 

fastdrop

Things are getting real now.

Greenwood fans are a bit touchy.

SS fans have been there and done that.

BTW.... I always pull for the underdog unless it is eldo.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on October 14, 2012, 05:46:05 pm
Let's just say he said some things, that could get Lanny in trouble if Greenwood admin saw it on here.

Did he break the news that someone is interviewing for the Head Coaching job at El Dorado??

B. Kirk

Price tops 150 yards, Whitfield and Jackson add 50 each.

I don't see Greenwood's defensive line that tops out at 220 being able to hold the line against the road graders Southside has up front.

I know you'll retort with the typical line that their speed allows them to get off blocks and make plays but the 5 big boys Southside will put on the field are both bigger and more athletic than your typical 5A-West school.

Baitshop

FYI....for the University of Greenwood boys....this is what happened to the last "chuck and duck" undefeated team that we played late in the season....

We ain't skeered....

RD™

BillyJack™

The trip back to Fort Smith after the game will feel like an unusually long drive for the Rebs. Greenwierd will handle Southside like they fielded a Jr High Spirit Squad.

Dogs78

2. What happened to the line coach at Greenwood from last season? Let's just say one was terminated due to a wildly exaggerated story of what happened in the off-season. He was fired soon after by the coach's demand. According to the Arkansas Teacher Fair Dismissal Act A.C.A., 6-17-1507 reads in part:

Are you talking about Def Line coach? And if so, you're talking out of your ARSE if you think that termination was not "justified"????

fastdrop

I agree any coach saying no to the extras should be terminated yesterday.

DogsWin7

Greenwood participated in the Dale Bumpers Invitational on Sat.  Heard they did fine.  I remember the band 20 years ago, always thought they were awesome.

Everyone like's all those back flips down the field too!!! 

DogsWin7

Greenwood wins in a very close game!!!     GO GREENWOOD!

iliveformarch

7AFBFAN

Very interesting RGP. I would be surprised if some of that is only rumor.

Just like the football team the bands success is relative to the competition. Even GW people should be able to make that determination over the next two weeks.

urhog

Hope Greenie has a tough QB because I have a feeling that SS is gonna bring dat wood.

DogsWin7

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 15, 2012, 08:21:05 am
Very interesting RGP. I would be surprised if some of that is only rumor.

Just like the football team the bands success is relative to the competition. Even GW people should be able to make that determination over the next two weeks.

Did you slip and hit your head this morning?  Cause that is pure craziness you're typing! 

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 15, 2012, 08:10:50 am
CONJECTURE!!!!

Really?

Then why do the "rumors" pertaining to item #1 meander all they way up to Bentonville and fall upon the ears of people that could care less about Greenwood football?

Some of the "rumors" one hears are disturbing to say the least, and in some eyes legally dubious at the worst. Look back a couple of years and you will find other districts that have uncovered similar "for profit" activities outside of purview of the school district (while conducted in district facilities) have resulted in termination of the offending parties.

Look, I have no skin in the game either way, just looking forward to a good ballgame, but I am just pointing out there could be some shaky ground underfoot for certain individuals...

DogsWin7

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on October 15, 2012, 08:26:13 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 15, 2012, 08:10:50 am
CONJECTURE!!!!

Really?

Then why do the "rumors" pertaining to item #1 meander all they way up to Bentonville and fall upon the ears of people that could care less about Greenwood football?
Some of the "rumors" one hears are disturbing to say the least, and in some eyes legally dubious at the worst. Look back a couple of years and you will find other districts that have uncovered similar "for profit" activities outside of purview of the school district (while conducted in district facilities) have resulted in termination of the offending parties.

Look, I have no skin in the game either way, just looking forward to a good ballgame, but I am just pointing out there could be some shaky ground underfoot for certain individuals...

Because everyone wants to believe something bad about someone or a program.  Gossip spreads.  It's sad but it is true. 

Either way, this message board is not the place for such allegations against  Greenwood School System or Coaching Staff. IMHO.

Everyone is entitled to believe what they want, but I tend to lean towards having facts in hand first.  That's all....

7AFBFAN

I would like to hear from one GW fan as to why they even stand a chance Friday night? Please don't say coaching as SS has one of the best staffs in the state as well.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: iliveformarch on October 15, 2012, 08:30:04 am
If he wasnt a moderator or if someone was bad mouthing shiloh earl would be banning them...... Sounds one sided

Obviously, you don't know much about me.

Continue with thine ignorance...

DogsWin7

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 15, 2012, 08:33:03 am
I would like to hear from one GW fan as to why they even stand a chance Friday night? Please don't say coaching as SS has one of the best staffs in the state as well.

It's simply because it is Greenwood. ;)

iliveformarch

7AFBFAN

B illyjack, fail. They aren't playing Alma Friday night. You 5A guys have a man crush on each others teams I know but get serious for one minute. GW will be embarrassed Friday night. This night has been a long time coming.

DogsWin7

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 15, 2012, 08:39:02 am
B illyjack, fail. They aren't playing Alma Friday night. You 5A guys have a man crush on each others teams I know but get serious for one minute. GW will be embarrassed Friday night. This night has been a long time coming.

It's ok 7AFBFAN.........I'll forgive you when you are on the sidelines crying.  I'll even help you to the bus.. ;D

7AFBFAN

In the 5A being GW may mean something. Friday night it won't help.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 15, 2012, 08:31:24 am
Because everyone wants to believe something bad about someone or a program.  Gossip spreads.  It's sad but it is true. 

Either way, this message board is not the place for such allegations against  Greenwood School System or Coaching Staff. IMHO.

Everyone is entitled to believe what they want, but I tend to lean towards having facts in hand first.  That's all....

Diehard, believe me, I could care less one way or the other what goes on down in Greenwood.

The only reason I have heard anything is because the situation down there came up a year or two ago when a school up here (people can figure out which one I am talking about pretty easily ;D) had a similar situation where people lost their jobs.

I don't think anyone from Greenwood denies that the town is very "fond" of their coach, and they would like for him to hang around as long as possible. In fact, along those lines, the school district and the community have taken steps to insure the same.

I am just saying that legally, there are things outside groups can and cannot do. I believe booster clubs, and I use that term very loosely in this instance, can and do pay stipends to coaches, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong, those stipends are actually donated to the school district, and then passed along to the individuals.

Other arrangements may or may not be copacetic...

DogsWin7

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 15, 2012, 08:43:29 am
In the 5A being GW may mean something. Friday night it won't help.

Being in Greenwood always means something.   Apparently, it holds the envy of not only El Dorado fans, but SS fans as well....... :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas