• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best 2012 SuperBowl Commercial

Started by True Believer, February 05, 2012, 06:18:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

I'm still thinking about Beckham's abs.

Just wow. 

True Fan

February 10, 2012, 07:50:53 am #51 Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:02:23 am by True Fan
Wahls, you're right. Ford probably would if they could work out the legalities. You would have thought Dodge would have already done it.

Texarkana_Piggie

fastdrop

Valleysports

Quote from: Wahls on February 09, 2012, 10:10:33 pm
You can take a Cummins 3.9l diesel and put it in a full size F150 and get 25 MPG and all the torque you can ever want.

Why aren't car companies putting the Cummins 3.9 into light trucks?!?!

Having a diesel that gets 25 mpg isn't a good trade off - cause diesel cost $1 more per gallon.  Then you have to put up with the noise and heavier weight when you're trying to get across mud to a duck swamp.  My buddy does take his Ford King Ranch, or whatever it is, sometimes, but we pull a side by side for off road.  He has Chevy Trucks for his business.  I have Hyundies, Toyota's, Mazda, and GM's that I pay insurance own.  Hyundai is great, but we compared the Hyundai SUV to GMC Acadia, and the road noise was night & day.

Valleysports

February 10, 2012, 01:51:27 pm #55 Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:52:15 pm by Valleysports
That Teleflora Commercial keeps coming on - I ordered Flowers today, partly because it's Valentines and partly cause I feel guilty for looking!  :-[

Who is Adrian Lima?
Teleflora Commercial

True Believer

Wahls

February 11, 2012, 05:15:49 pm #57 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:19:30 pm by Wahls
Quote from: Valleysports on February 10, 2012, 01:48:49 pm
Quote from: Wahls on February 09, 2012, 10:10:33 pm
You can take a Cummins 3.9l diesel and put it in a full size F150 and get 25 MPG and all the torque you can ever want.

Why aren't car companies putting the Cummins 3.9 into light trucks?!?!

Having a diesel that gets 25 mpg isn't a good trade off - cause diesel cost $1 more per gallon.  Then you have to put up with the noise and heavier weight when you're trying to get across mud to a duck swamp.  My buddy does take his Ford King Ranch, or whatever it is, sometimes, but we pull a side by side for off road.  He has Chevy Trucks for his business.  I have Hyundies, Toyota's, Mazda, and GM's that I pay insurance own.  Hyundai is great, but we compared the Hyundai SUV to GMC Acadia, and the road noise was night & day.

You can run a diesel engine on used motor oil... The heavier weight isn't a big deal, and a 4cyl diesel isn't loud...

Average price of diesel: $3.90 @ 25 MPG
Average price of gas: $3.50 @ 15 MPG

Price to go 400 miles on diesel: $62.40
Price to go 400 miles on gas: $93.33

Valleysports

QuoteAverage price of diesel: $3.90 @ 25 MPG
Average price of gas: $3.50 @ 15 MPG

Haha, 25 mpg vs 15 mpg?
Initial cost of vehicles?

QuoteThe heavier weight isn't a big deal, and a 4cyl diesel isn't loud..
You're just full of it - aren't you?  ;D

Wahls

Quote from: Valleysports on February 11, 2012, 06:09:03 pm
Initial cost of vehicles?

Offset by the fuel savings and longevity of the vehicle. You would save about 1k a year in fuel, and the vehicle would go 300000 miles. Under the life of the vehicle, you'd save so much more.

Quote from: Valleysports on February 11, 2012, 06:09:03 pm
You're just full of it - aren't you?  ;D

How does the weight matter if it is more efficient? ???

Valleysports

February 11, 2012, 08:28:19 pm #60 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:32:25 pm by Valleysports
My neighbor and I learned many years ago that I can go across his wet yard, during the rainy season, when he can't (he sinks).  Although he has tried multiple times to change his luck.  He used to come borrow my GMC, to pull his Ford Diesel out, but for the last few Springs he just gets mine if he needs to cross his yard.  And he's got one of those jacked up, big mudders,  fancy Bubba Trucks!  ;D 

Hey I don't care about this truck talk dude - what about the Valentine Model?
How much do you think she'd cost over 300,000 miles?
TB, how many miles you got on you now?  :D 

True Believer

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas