• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jessieville looking for new girl's basketball coach!!

Started by teachers pet, April 19, 2017, 03:56:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

teachers pet

no mascot

Coach Carter has done a phenomenal job there over the years.

4real

teachers pet

4real

He has been offered admin jobs before so it doesn't seem that strange

Beaver Fever

Sounds like Jessieville will be hiring a new head coach for every sport except football.

PapaHog

He went to Lakeside as Jr boys coach, didn't he?

4real

Is this "fake news"?
I thought vb/sb was the only opening.  Why in the world is this going on, if true?

bobcats

Coach Lamb is the new Sr Boys head coach at Hot Springs Lakeside.

Sports24/7

Quote from: bobcats on May 17, 2017, 08:34:43 am
Coach Lamb is the new Sr Boys head coach at Hot Springs Lakeside.

I know more than one Lamb coach. Which Lamb? Where is he from?

bobcats

PapaHog

I was told that the boys coach went to be varsity boys and the girls coach went to be Jr High boys. Could be wrong though.

teachers pet

I don't know but Jessieville has their returning 5 starters in state tournament unless Sawyer follows his dad to Lakeside which I don't think will happen.

4real

Is the talent there about to dry up? Are there board/admin problems?  Sounds strange

teachers pet

I know teachers haven't had a raise in a few years, going to Lakeside is an automatic 8000 raise just for a teacher!

bobcats

Quote from: teachers pet on May 17, 2017, 09:20:57 am
I don't know but Jessieville has their returning 5 starters in state tournament unless Sawyer follows his dad to Lakeside which I don't think will happen.

I don't think that is correct.  Anderson was a senior and Barnett has already returned to Kentucky.  If Sawyer goes to Lakeside, which I fully expect then that only leaves 2.

teachers pet

You're right about Anderson, didn't know that about Barnette but they do have a jr high that won conference.

PapaHog

Didn't that Bratton girl graduate? I saw her play once and was really impressed. Do they have anything to attract candidates?

AirItOut21

Can anyone confirm who the new Lakeside Junior High coach is?

teachers pet

We were talking about boys, but yes the girls lost almost everything with not much coming up. It's hard to recruit when you're off the beaten path.

PapaHog

You may have been talking boys, but this thread is for the girls. Lol

4real

Traditionally, Jessieville is one of the hidden gems of coaching jobs.  Doesn't come open very often, usually has enough talent to win their district and will make a nice run in state every few years.  Some of the nicest facilities of any small school.  Pay is supposed to be pretty good.  But, if their talent is about to run dry, for the first time in forever, this makes more sense.

teachers pet

Again no pay raise in several years, so pay is a concern!

Beaver Fever

bobcats

Pay is competitive with 3A schools.  Lamb and Carter both were making mid to upper 50's.  Same with the current football coach.  3A schools just can not pay what 5A and up schools can pay.  The retiring coach at Lakeside was making 80k.  Lamb should make close to that.  Can't blame a guy for taking a 20k pay raise for a job that is closer to your house.

teachers pet

Speaking of Carter, does anyone know if he is going somewhere else to coach?

bobcats

Quote from: AirItOut21 on May 17, 2017, 10:17:25 am
Can anyone confirm who the new Lakeside Junior High coach is?

They have posted it again so they did not fill the position.  Perhaps they wanted to give the new Sr coach a say in who gets the job.

Lionroar

Quote from: bobcats on May 18, 2017, 10:28:31 am
They have posted it again so they did not fill the position.  Perhaps they wanted to give the new Sr coach a say in who gets the job.

Original I heard that Lamb was going to be Jr high head coach and then White retired so they just moved him into the position. So they had to open the Jr. High job again.

teachers pet

Rumor has it new girl's coach is girl's coach from Marshall.

Bosshog34

The new girls coach was at Magnet Cove last year.  Rumor has it the next boys coach will be the boys coach from Marshall. 

teachers pet

FisherOfMen11

Okay so with the problems she had at Magnet Cove how is she such a quick shoe in for a really good job at Jesseville?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: FisherOfMen11 on May 22, 2017, 12:16:17 pm
Okay so with the problems she had at Magnet Cove how is she such a quick shoe in for a really good job at Jesseville?

What problems did she have?

FisherOfMen11

apparently quite a few as I do not think she had many fans in the community or in the school. Have yet to hear someone who is not glad she is leaving. There is a thread on here a month or so ago that mentioned some of the problems that have occurred under her watch. Not going to say what I think I remember they are as I have no idea if i remember correctly or not and I do not want to spread a false accusation. You would just think a good program and school like jesseville would have a high profile coach who was leaving a program in good shape and in good terms.

Magneto

Only reason people don't like her is she doesn't kiss @$$ or take $#!t from anybody.  The people who bash her the most are the ones who's kid rides the bench.  I heard several starters have already moved to other schools since they found out she was leaving.  You are going to hear more negative than positive on here since they can hide behind a screen name.  Jessieville is getting a great coach.  She loves the game and will coach her tail off.

FisherOfMen11

Why have kids already moved out without even knowing what coach is coming in? Seems like they are jumping the gun

no mascot

If anybody is moving I would guess that they were intending to do so before the previous coach left.

Hogjr

Actually one starter left because of her. There are multiple concerns with her and most of them are pretty serious. From what I know, there are multiple complaints filed about her to the board of education. The concerns that parents have with her are no way in regards to playing time whatsoever. As far as coaching abilities, she knows how to coach the game just not the people aspect. You can only coach so far with a negative and bullying attitude. Gotta know how to motivate and push without tearing down and belittling. Gotta know not to cuss parents out and threaten other schools coaches. Good luck jessieville

teachers pet

No one is going to replace coach Carter anyway, big shoes to fill.

teachers pet

PapaHog

How's this going? Sure was a lot of heat around this one this summer.

teachers pet

Hadn't heard anything, I  know they lost all their talent from last year and got hammered in their first game by Dardanelle 43-19.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas