• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC Dragon Basketball

Started by bleudog, January 06, 2009, 07:27:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nico29

Bell will still be a Dragon next year.

bleudog

December 28, 2013, 10:31:11 am #201 Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 05:09:55 pm by bleudog
And the 2013-2014 season begins:  CLICK HERE

Here's the schedule:  http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2013-2014/2013%20Basketball%20Schedule.pdf

NWA Hawg

When do they play again? Do you have a bracket of the Hampton tournament?

thabeast428

They play@5 today against Dermott

Dragon I

The Dragons beat Dermott tonight.  Play in the championship game Monday.

NWA Hawg

Who do they play and what time?

thabeast428

December 29, 2013, 12:27:05 am #206 Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:53:06 am by thabeast428
Not sure yet who they play but will play at @ 7:30 Mon in Hampton...... If I'm not mistaken they will be playing Gurdon bc they beat Crossett last night

bleudog

Quote from: Dragon I on December 28, 2013, 09:56:14 pm
The Dragons beat Dermott tonight.  Play in the championship game Monday.

EDNT article on the Dermott game:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

December 31, 2013, 07:16:53 am #208 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:31:43 am by bleudog
EDNT post game article on Hampton tournament finals win over Gurdon:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Elvis

3A school playing 2A ball. WOW !!!! ??? Bet everyone in JC is glad Monk is not at EPC anymore after that total collapse in last season's semifinals.

thabeast428

Who is a 3a school playing in 2a? Obviously u need to get ur facts straight before talking on here.

bleudog

January 08, 2014, 04:00:49 pm #212 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:39:48 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Elvis on January 08, 2014, 02:30:26 pm
..... Bet everyone in JC is glad Monk is not at EPC anymore......

Bet everyone in 2A except EPC is glad.

Was Sturdivant a senior?  He scored 27 to Monk's 29 of EPC's 75 in that semi game.

HorseFeathers

3A school playing 2A ball. WOW !!!! ??? Bet everyone in JC is glad Monk is not at EPC anymore after that total collapse in last season's semifinals.

We went through this on the 2A board...We've seen the numbers for how many Louisiana kids are actually attending Junction City....They are a large 2A school...Get over it, quit beating the dead horse....

MomaLion

Quote from: bleudog on January 08, 2014, 04:00:49 pm

Was Sturdivant a senior?  He scored 27 to Monk's 29 of EPC's 75 in that semi game.
Yes, they lost Jamar as well as Monk.

bdubyab60

Quote from: bleudog on January 08, 2014, 04:00:49 pm

You got that right bleu lol.

bleudog

JC           67
Dermott  57

CLICK HERE

cuz

Quote from: HF on January 08, 2014, 10:57:32 pm

We went through this on the 2A board...We've seen the numbers for how many Louisiana kids are actually attending Junction City....They are a large 2A school...Get over it, quit beating the dead horse....
+1

keohog

Doesn't matter how dead the horse is it's still an unfair advantage.

bleudog

January 12, 2014, 02:46:31 pm #219 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:39:17 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Elvis on January 08, 2014, 02:30:26 pm3A school playing 2A ball. WOW !!!! ??? Bet everyone in JC is glad Monk is not at EPC anymore after that total collapse in last season's semifinals.

Quote from: keohog on January 12, 2014, 01:55:34 pmDoesn't matter how dead the horse is it's still an unfair advantage.

Yes, HF's superior comprehension skill and ability to follow a relatively simply and common sense situation gives HF an unfair advantage over at least two people who have posted in this thread.   ;D

dragondad#1

Will someone please explain to me how theres an advantage?  Does JC play with 12 on the field..this conversation is old..

dragondad#1

Sorry wrong board....i guess we put seven guys on the court  8)

keohog

Quote from: dragondad#1 on January 12, 2014, 03:30:00 pm
Will someone please explain to me how theres an advantage?  Does JC play with 12 on the field..this conversation is old..
When you have kids that come to your school that do not live in your district and they don't count against your numbers , that's an advantage. Any school in the state like to do that but they can't.

bleudog

January 12, 2014, 06:57:10 pm #223 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:49:14 pm by bleudog
Quote from: keohog on January 12, 2014, 06:41:43 pm
When you have kids that come to your school that do not live in your district and they don't count against your numbers , that's an advantage. Any school in the state like to do that but they can't.

Your statement about not counting is inaccurate.

1)  Since the mid 90s, JC has only accepted out of state kids from Ward 9.
2)  Ward 9 is approximately the same size population wise as the other 5 zones in the district.
3)  JC reports all Ward 9 kids as out of state students to the Arkansas Department of Education thru the standard reporting software. 
4)  The AAA has access to ADE data and would be able to make any classification adjustment required.

And actually your point about other Arkansas schools not being able to take kids from other districts is inaccurate also.  The changes to the School Choice laws as a result of the Malvern/Magnet Cove court decision makes those transfers easier than the hoops JC has to go thru for the Ward 9 kids.

thabeast428

January 12, 2014, 08:56:08 pm #224 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:58:22 pm by thabeast428
You shouldn't have to explain this all over again especially to an idiot that thinks we are doing something illegal. If it's wrong then I assure u the AAA would do something about it. We're almost one of the smallest 2a schools and some people are mad bc we have good success almost every year in sports. It's all about the gene pool down here what else can u say lol. I enjoy watching teams play no matter who they r, and for someone to talk about a school so much makes them only strive to keep working hard and winning ballgames. So if you dnt like it get a life and get over it. Or maybe since ur so sure about what's going on down here maybe u should go to the AAA and tell them the same thing I'm sure others have and make urself look like a idiot. Keohog!

Bearden_Bear72

Cant believe i had to listen to this bull all thru football season and now here

thabeast428

Ikr... it's old and makes the people that complain about it sound like their jealous lol. Of what idk bc there just high school kids doing what they enjoy and that's winning games in any sport I mean they dnt go out there expecting to lose. I'm just glad that it's not anyone from our conference or in the south that's complaining.

Bearden_Bear72

MomaLion

This would be kinda similar to Barton pulling kids from Helena to play for years...gave them an unfair advantage when you have your pick of players not just the luck of the draw from your district...that was for football but still I can relate.

bleudog

January 13, 2014, 07:08:29 am #229 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:34:30 am by bleudog
Quote from: MomaLion on January 12, 2014, 11:38:37 pm
This would be kinda similar to Barton pulling kids from Helena to play for years...gave them an unfair advantage when you have your pick of players not just the luck of the draw from your district...that was for football but still I can relate.

Barton and Helena isn't the best comparison. 

Again, Ward 9 is similar in size to every other Zone in the JC district and every kid in Ward 9 goes to JC.  There is no picking and choosing. 

thabeast428

People up north just can't seem to understand that. Maybe they should do some research before speaking

bdubyab60

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on January 12, 2014, 09:33:07 pm
You and me both
Yeah it does get old. Nothing anyone could do anyway. But I wonder if JC fans would say any different if other 2A teams were getting players from other states. I dont care either way, we have had our share of transfers form other schools. People still complain about those and crap we lost the best player in the state to recruiting so I gues it evens out eventually.

bleudog

January 13, 2014, 09:19:57 am #232 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:35:33 am by bleudog
My issue is with private schools that play small classification ball but their campus is located inside a large classification district. Now that's fishing in a big pond. But hey, my opinion on that subject goes back to watching JC go up against the Hardings and U$Cs of the world.

MomaLion

Quote from: bleudog on January 13, 2014, 07:08:29 am

There is no comparison to Barton and Helena. 

Again, Ward 9 is similar in size to every other Zone in the JC district and every kid in Ward 9 goes to JC.  There is no picking and choosing.
Am I not entitled to my opinion? Gee, I was under the impression that I was...my mistake lol.

bdubyab60

Quote from: bleudog on January 13, 2014, 09:19:57 am
My issue is with private schools that play small classification ball but their campus is located inside a large classification district. Now that's fishing in a big pond. But hey, my opinion on that subject goes back to watching JC go up against the Hardings and U$Cs of the world.
We have had our share of playing private schools as well.

BoxNOne

Don't get the private school guys worked up. I found that out during baseball season last year.All I said was it seemed to me that they won a lot of state championships for the number of private schools that exist and the war was on!

The_Devil_Himself

bleudog

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on January 13, 2014, 11:33:37 am
Giggling unconTROLLably.
;D

I haven't seen anything in this thread that would prompt a mod to book someone on e a FF vacation. ;D

bleudog

Quote from: MomaLion on January 13, 2014, 09:23:38 am

Am I not entitled to my opinion? Gee, I was under the impression that I was...my mistake lol.

Everyone has and is entitled to their opinion.  But your analogy wasn't factual. 

I did modify my earlier post to soften it up a bit.  ;)

bdubyab60

Quote from: bleudog on January 13, 2014, 12:00:08 pm
Giggling unconTROLLably.
;D

I haven't seen anything in this thread that would prompt a mod to book someone on e a FF vacation. ;D
The Devil had Himself a little vacation for discussing this very topic on the football board.

I did however like the comment and its spelling Devil. Very clever. lol

MomaLion

Quote from: bleudog on January 13, 2014, 12:03:22 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on January 13, 2014, 09:23:38 am

Everyone has and is entitled to their opinion.  But your analogy wasn't factual. 

I did modify my earlier post to soften it up a bit.  ;)
yea yea lol...I just felt left out of the conversation, I really don't care as long as everyone follows what AAA allows :)

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 13, 2014, 01:27:30 pm
Giggling unconTROLLably.
;D

The Devil had Himself a little vacation for discussing this very topic on the football board.

Astute observation.

Freed me up to work with mother nature more closely.

And I still maintain that having 40 on your football team is better than having 32.

bleudog

January 15, 2014, 03:32:01 pm #242 Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:57:21 pm by bleudog
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on January 15, 2014, 02:53:40 pm
.......And I still maintain that having 40 on your football team is better than having 32.

If coaching, conditioning, attitude, ability to follow/execute instruction, talent, technique, etc. are more or less equal, I'd tend to agree with your post.

But I've seen a football team with 14 kids get a W over a 36-player team.

And I still maintain in any high school sport: the higher the likelihood of success - the higher the participation rate.

The best athlete in school won't do a team any good if the kid chooses not to suit up and the coach or the kid's peers can't change that athlete's mind.

bdubyab60

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on January 15, 2014, 02:53:40 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 13, 2014, 01:27:30 pm
Giggling unconTROLLably.
;D

Astute observation.

Freed me up to work with mother nature more closely.

And I still maintain that having 40 on your football team is better than having 32.
I guess it depends on the team.

bleudog

January 15, 2014, 03:43:27 pm #244 Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:58:25 pm by bleudog
Back on topic:

Junction City  54
Hermitage     24

CLICK HERE

(Article starts with the Strong win over Parkers Chapel)

bleudog

JC             70
Stephens  48

CLICK HERE

bleudog

Junction City  59
Strong           44

CLICK HERE

cuz

JC's looking good and will play better as they go............ ;)

bleudog

Junction   67   
Bearden   63

CLICK HERE

bleudog

Junction City     66
Parkers Chapel  50

CLICK HERE

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas