• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is 2A baseball wide open??

Started by JohnMarkTomayo, October 12, 2016, 02:20:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnMarkTomayo

Since 2000 one-half of the state baseball championships in 2A have been won by either Woodlawn, Horatio, or Junction City.  None of the teams are in 2A for the next two years...who are the new teams to beat??

RedWolf275

October 12, 2016, 03:02:43 pm #1 Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:04:37 pm by RedWolf275
2a baseball will be wide open. With Woodlawn, Junction, Ouachita, Walnut Ridge, Dierks and Riverside gone, the state tournament will have to be down from previous years but will be wide open.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Based on recent years in 2A, teams that are STILL in 2A(although I don't know what any have coming back)

Conway Christian
BIC
Murfreesboro
Hector
Parkers Chapel
Magnet Cove
McCrory
Palestine-Wheatley
Hackett

baseball man

Parkers Chapel has 7 returning starters return from a 19 win season, 5 being Seniors.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: baseball man on October 14, 2016, 12:36:45 pm
Parkers Chapel has 7 returning starters return from a 19 win season, 5 being Seniors.

They got some help with this most recent classification cycle also.  Took their 2 biggest obstacles out of their way:  Woodlawn (down to 1A) and Junction City (up to 3A).  I hope their coaches still find a way to play those 2 foes in regular season.  Don't want to see those rivalries go away. 

baseball man

Yes sir they did. I have heard from both Woodlawn & PC coaches and both said they will continue to play each other. They always have good games between the two.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: baseball man on October 14, 2016, 12:36:45 pm

Sounds like PC has a good crew coming back.  I know they missed the state tournament last season, but that region was brutal.  Had some strong teams and very good #1 pitchers on every team. 

baseball man

i just hope everybody is competitive.With all the changes with 2a

big E

PW lost 1 kid that mattered Jonathon Estes. If they can find some more pitching to go with Nash and Fowler they should make a good run.

fresh_prince

I'm anxious to see what Hampton does with the addition of Monta Thomas and the returning of a legendary coach. Should be interesting.

baseball man

Manta is a good athlete but in baseball its all starts with pitching. One man really dont help.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: baseball man on December 08, 2016, 07:54:36 am
Manta is a good athlete but in baseball its all starts with pitching. One man really dont help.

Maybe he can pitch.....after he wins them the state football championship.....and scores 25ppg on the hardwood.....if the track meets don't interfere with baseball games.

I just realized............Monta is BO JACKSON

baseball man

He is good but i dont think he is a Bo Jackson GOOD. Heck Bo ran a 4.3 on his way to track practice.

fresh_prince

Quote from: baseball man on December 08, 2016, 07:54:36 am

I agree with you. It is more of a mental game than physical. They have a few decent tenth graders this year and with the addition of Monta it could be interesting. I didn't even think of track getting in the way. When I went to school there we didn't have track. He may not even be playing baseball.

baseball man

i was thinking the samething of him playing baseball. Got the chance to watch him play baseball last year. Was impressed with his speed.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: baseball man on December 08, 2016, 08:18:18 am
He is good but i dont think he is a Bo Jackson GOOD. Heck Bo ran a 4.3 on his way to track practice.

4.2 on the way TO practice.  4.3 on the way HOME.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

May never be another one like Bo, but Monta is one of the top athletes in the state regardless of classification.

Head Lion

Who is the baseball coach at BIC? I know Manila's coach has called everyone at the school trying to get a game since they are just 10 miles down the road. Can't get anyone to even return the call & even say no.🤔🤔🤔

fresh_prince

Quote from: baseball man on December 08, 2016, 03:02:57 pm
i was thinking the samething of him playing baseball. Got the chance to watch him play baseball last year. Was impressed with his speed.

I've honestly never seen him play. I just know he was all state his first year to play. I'm just assuming lol

OB11

Quote from: Head Lion on December 08, 2016, 06:17:24 pm
Who is the baseball coach at BIC? I know Manila's coach has called everyone at the school trying to get a game since they are just 10 miles down the road. Can't get anyone to even return the call & even say no.🤔🤔🤔

I was under the impression that it was Brandon Ballard?  Could be wrong, but that's who I had in the job on the 2016 baseball job openings thread. 

Redbug Loyal

Quote from: baseball man on December 08, 2016, 03:02:57 pm
Heard rumors that he was going back to Hermitage for baseball. Just here-say but is interesting

sickwillie

Quote from: Redbug Loyal on December 12, 2016, 08:32:57 am
Heard rumors that he was going back to Hermitage for baseball. Just here-say but is interesting

I haven't heard that, but I don't think he is leaving. Probably wants to contend for track and weightlifting championships in Hampton.

big E

How would he go back to Hermitage if his family lives in Hampton? He was a bonified move correct? Has his family moved back to Hermitage?

fresh_prince

Quote from: big E on December 12, 2016, 04:07:44 pm
How would he go back to Hermitage if his family lives in Hampton? He was a bonified move correct? Has his family moved back to Hermitage?

Yes they legitimately moved into the school district.

bobthebuilder

Quote from: sickwillie on December 12, 2016, 10:28:31 am
I haven't heard that, but I don't think he is leaving. Probably wants to contend for track and weightlifting championships in Hampton.

He will play baseball

baseball man

Well will Hampton be in the same conference as Woodlawn? If so good luck to them on that game!!!!!

MICHAELSPAPPY

I don't know if they will be in the hunt for the state title, but Magazine had a pretty good team last year, and they have most of their talent coming back.

Head Lion

Quote from: OB11 on December 11, 2016, 08:40:43 pm
I was under the impression that it was Brandon Ballard?  Could be wrong, but that's who I had in the job on the 2016 baseball job openings thread.
Ok, Just know we get no response about playing. It is kind of silly with both schools just 10 miles down the road. They sure had no problem playing us when Brandon was in hi school.

dawg_days

Quote from: baseball man on December 13, 2016, 10:58:16 am
Well will Hampton be in the same conference as Woodlawn? If so good luck to them on that game!!!!!

If the conference is the same as basketball they should be.

baseball man

There is only 4 in the conference, with that being said all 4 go to the Regionals. 
Dermott
Hampton
Hermitage
Woodlawn

dawg_days

Quote from: baseball man on December 14, 2016, 08:46:04 am
There is only 4 in the conference, with that being said all 4 go to the Regionals. 
Dermott
Hampton
Hermitage
Woodlawn

Strong and Sparkman not having teams this year?

baseball man

dawg_days

Quote from: baseball man on December 14, 2016, 10:19:00 am
I Guess not.

I just realized that hampton would be playing in 1A. I'm on the wrong board.

baseball man

Nomad1324

Quote from: dawg_days on December 14, 2016, 10:57:07 am
I just realized that hampton would be playing in 1A. I'm on the wrong board.

With the conference mess that the AAA has wrought, easily done.

baseball man

baseball man

Wish we had a preseason top 10 for 2A!!!!!!!!!!

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: baseball man on December 14, 2016, 01:15:22 pm
Wish we had a preseason top 10 for 2A!!!!!!!!!!

Step up and put yours out there and then your wish is granted.

baseball man

BLUEBLOOD i aint that smart!!!!!!  lol

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: baseball man on December 14, 2016, 03:28:31 pm
BLUEBLOOD i aint that smart!!!!!!  lol

Know your limitations!!  Pretty smart to me.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

baseball man

Yes sir. i try to think before i speak!!!!!!

ghoti

Quote from: big E on October 21, 2016, 05:37:51 am
PW lost 1 kid that mattered Jonathon Estes. If they can find some more pitching to go with Nash and Fowler they should make a good run.
pw has a good shot. little luck and a good draw (which they havent had lol!!) could put them over the top. i know coach is excited about the possibility.

big E

Quote from: ghoti on December 16, 2016, 03:30:39 pm
pw has a good shot. little luck and a good draw (which they havent had lol!!) could put them over the top. i know coach is e xcited about the possibility.
Coach told me that practice was going real well Nash is gonna be Nash hard to handle. Offence should be fine some freshmen should contribute for this team ,as soon as the 5 kids that are playing basketball get there they should really start to gel the good news is all the teams that have put us out of the state tournament the last 5 years are gone.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Head Lion on December 08, 2016, 06:17:24 pm

Brandon Ballard is the baseball coach.   I looked back & those 2 teams haven't played each other since 2011.
It would be good to get back to playing each other.  I'll see if I can find out something for you.

OB11

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on December 19, 2016, 11:38:48 am
Brandon Ballard is the baseball coach.   I looked back & those 2 teams haven't played each other since 2011.
It would be good to get back to playing each other.  I'll see if I can find out something for you.

With those 2 schools being so close to each other and being close to the same size there's no reason they shouldn't play each other.

Head Lion

Quote from: OB11 on December 19, 2016, 08:34:55 pm
With those 2 schools being so close to each other and being close to the same size there's no reason they shouldn't play each other.
I kinda thought the same thing. Both schools just passed big millage taxes & they want to drive 60-70 miles in baseball & elementary hoops to play the weak sisters of the blind. Don't make much sense to me.

Head Lion

I will say this, as a player, I never saw a greater competitor than Coach Ballard.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Magazine should be strong again. Most of the talent returning, including their starters.

big E

I watched Will Nash from PW throw inside the other day and looked like he has gained some velocity on his fastball.  Drake Fowler was also throwing that day and he looked pretty solid.

T-Bone

Quote from: big E on January 13, 2017, 04:32:38 pm
I watched Will Nash from PW throw inside the other day and looked like he has gained some velocity on his fastball.  Drake Fowler was also throwing that day and he looked pretty solid.

Just wondering what type of velocity?  Hitting spots?

big E

I would guess low 90s . Change up looked just like his fastball. And Will has always put the ball where he wanted to put it he has good command of his pitches.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas