• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What would coach Carpenter have did if coaching for hampton on the failed go ahead conversion?

Started by bearbacker52, December 10, 2016, 03:25:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bearbacker52

mr.gametime

bdubyab60

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 10, 2016, 03:29:49 pm
Who cares

+1...have no idea why this thread exists...you can just ask that question in the main thread.  The game could have had a lot more what ifs...but it doesn't matter because MT. Ida is the state champs...

bearbacker52

someone truly of football knowledge can grasp this subject matter instead to say who cares...

02cat

They wouldn't of been in that position to begin with if he was at the helm. He would have the mistakes cleaned up in my opinion and Hampton would've been at least 2tds ahead. But that's just my two cents.

bearbacker52

Quote from: 02cat on December 10, 2016, 03:42:30 pm
They wouldn't of been in that position to begin with if he was at the helm. He would have the mistakes cleaned up in my opinion and Hampton would've been at least 2tds ahead. But that's just my two cents.

agree

Monsta

Ables has the brain of a peanut if it was Carpenter he would have kicked it and no Tried to pass the ball on 4th down

bearbacker52

I see this too many times,,when you choose to be a coach you can be criticized for good and bad decisions, but sometimes i wonder if coaches are trying to make themselves look like geniuses.  I see it too often.

Monsta

Quote from: bearbacker52 on December 10, 2016, 04:30:32 pm
I see this too many times,,when you choose to be a coach you can be criticized for good and bad decisions, but sometimes i wonder if coaches are trying to make themselves look like geniuses.  I see it too often.
nah you just can't compare Greatness to Basic ables was out coached it's goes to show you that it don't matter that you have the best athletes you still can get beat

Old Scrapper

Carpenters offense would have a heavy dose Monta and in all reality would not have been in the same situation to have a failed 2pt conversion debate.

STUNNA

pea ridges coach did it last night

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2016, 05:51:37 pm
pea ridges coach did it last night

No, Coach Neal was trying to do different things in order to get back in the game.  Things they haven't done all year to try and throw a wrench in it.  Didn't work, but it was smart...

STUNNA

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on December 10, 2016, 05:52:43 pm
No, Coach Neal was trying to do different things in order to get back in the game.  Things they haven't done all year to try and throw a wrench in it.  Didn't work, but it was smart...

down 8 going 5 wide is not smart.. reason team got out of hand for pea ridge

Backwoods Bart

If it works, you are a genius! If it doesn't,  your a goat! It's a love/hate thing!

Old Scrapper

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on December 10, 2016, 05:55:10 pm
If it works, you are a genius! If it doesn't,  your a goat! It's a love/hate thing!

Yeah I know lol.  Warren was starting to get a hold of that run game, and we had to do something different. 

STUNNA

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on December 10, 2016, 05:58:17 pm
Yeah I know lol.  Warren was starting to get a hold of that run game, and we had to do something different.

you scored on your previous possesion..lol.. did you watch the game?

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2016, 05:59:26 pm
you scored on your previous possesion..lol.. did you watch the game?

I was at the game...I think you knew that.  It was 3rd down and 3...either run or pass.  We went five wide the first possession with those crucial 3rd and 4th down throws as well.  So na lol...Warren was totally playing run that play.  We had Hayden right there, and the ball sailed to far right.

STUNNA

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on December 10, 2016, 06:01:20 pm
I was at the game...I think you knew that.  It was 3rd down and 3...either run or pass.  We went five wide the first possession with those crucial 3rd and 4th down throws as well.  So na lol...Warren was totally playing run that play.  We had Hayden right there, and the ball sailed to far right.

you guys went 5 wide three plays in a row. and then punted.. cost you a possible chance at winning the game

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2016, 06:02:54 pm
you guys went 5 wide three plays in a row. and then punted.. cost you a possible chance at winning the game

And?  We can't just play power run the whole game.  I noticed on that first drive our RBs were creating the plays, not the O-Line.  It was due.  You saw later what happened with Winn getting let up...so Neal had to do that...

STUNNA

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on December 10, 2016, 06:04:29 pm
And?  We can't just play power run the whole game.  I noticed on that first drive our RBs were creating the plays, not the O-Line.  It was due.  You saw later what happened with Winn getting let up...so Neal had to do that...

you beat teams by playing your game.. not by doing something you dont have the horses to do. Like I said that series is what caused the wheels to fall of for PR.

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2016, 06:07:47 pm
you beat teams by playing your game.. not by doing something you dont have the horses to do. Like I said that series is what caused the wheels to fall of for PR.

Alright man lol.  This is the 2A bulletin board.  If you want to talk about our "awful" coach who led us to our first state championship ever, please go to the 4A bulletin board.

Go ahead and apply for the coaching job at PR too!

STUNNA

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on December 10, 2016, 06:09:21 pm
Alright man lol.  This is the 2A bulletin board.  If you want to talk about our "awful" coach who led us to our first state championship ever, please go to the 4A bulletin board.

Go ahead and apply for the coaching job at PR too!

like hamptons coach.. he made some what in the world play calls. Does'nt mean hes a bad coach. Just means they got out coached..lol

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: STUNNA on December 10, 2016, 06:14:46 pm
like hamptons coach.. he made some what in the world play calls. Does'nt mean hes a bad coach. Just means they got out coached..lol

He didn't.  He is nothing compared to the coach at Hampton.  The difference with him is that he uses kids that on a normal team would be average and makes them play hard and better than their size, speed or strength...

The Hampton coach gives the ball to one guy and hopes it works, but in this one he didn't even do that...and you saw what happened...

bearbacker52

BigBrother

You all are focusing on the wrong thing. The game was lost with penalties and turnovers. The result of those made Hampton have to execute 1 play for the game.

bearbacker52

BO_KNOWS

JC coach didn't reach the title game as fast as Ables did. Hampton came off a huge win against England and didn't play their best ball game. Mt ida was good ball team. Next year looks good for the DAWGS and we are proud to bring home runner up trophy. The best our school has ever done!!!

BigBrother

doctor in the house

Its kinda hard to say for sure when you consider that earlier in the game the Mt. Ida defender took the ball out of the QB's hands inside the 1 yard line...

couch-coach06

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on December 11, 2016, 10:27:05 am
JC coach didn't reach the title game as fast as Ables did. Hampton came off a huge win against England and didn't play their best ball game. Mt ida was good ball team. Next year looks good for the DAWGS and we are proud to bring home runner up trophy. The best our school has ever done!!!

Unfortunately things look better for Ida next year

BO_KNOWS

Yes Ida looks good next year. Anybody that makes the title had a year to remember I promise any trophy is better than no trophy

BO_KNOWS

We had 3 move ins
The other two left for one year
1 because we didn't have a sr high team
1 because he moved in with another family

sickwillie

This is like asking would Bieliema have gotten on Petrino's motorcycle. Not a logical question in my opinion.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: sickwillie on December 11, 2016, 07:48:38 pm
This is like asking would Bieliema have gotten on Petrino's motorcycle. Not a logical question in my opinion.

Looking at bieliemas wife, i doubt he does

Hornet4ever

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas