• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference predictions in 4A

Started by bulldoghistorian, June 23, 2015, 02:46:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

Here is the predicted order of finish for each conference.
This is not a hootens poll.
These rankings are voted on by the coaches of these conferences.
1-4A.
Prairie Grove
Shiloh
PRidge
Gravette
Huntsville
Gentry
Lincoln
Barryville.
2-4A.
Newport
Heber
Lonoke
West Helena
CAC
Stuttgart
Riverview
Baitseville Southside.
3-4A.
Pocahontas
Gosnell
Highland
Truman
Jonesboro WestSide
Cave City
Brookland
Harrisburg.
4-4A.
Dardanelle
Robinson
Pottsville
Dover
Clinton
Ozark
Arkansas Baptist
Subiaco Academy.
7-4A.
Nashville
Malvern
Arki
Ashdown
FountainLake
Mena
Bauxite
Waldron.
8-4A.
Star City
Dollarway
Hamburg
Warren
Crossett
Monticello
Dewitt
Dumas.

HeberFan

Thanks for typing this. Could this be Star City's year?

LJ06

Quote from: HeberFan on June 23, 2015, 05:25:39 pm

If they don't get it done this year it's time to face the facts that it's not happening...ever ;D

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

If it were me, here's how i'd put the 8-4A.
Star City
Dollarway
Warren
Hamburg
Crossett
Monticello
Dewitt
Dumas.
That's just me.

hawgfan15

2-4A is wide open this year. 6 teams have a reasonable shot at winning it. Newport as the preseason favorite is interesting though with Coach Harrison gone and they graduated a talented group of seniors.

bulldoghistorian

HeberFan

As a Heber fan, that #2 ranking for the Panthers is pretty aggressive. Heber graduated an excellent senior class last year. Conference is wide open. Look for Riverview or Southside to surprise someone.

bulldoghistorian

And also for the fact that yall have a new head coach

HeberFan

I think Heber went from a very good coach last year, to a very good coach this year. This year's coach was the offensive coordinator and has been with the program for years. Transition has been good.

bulldoghistorian

I think he will do a great job.
He actually was an asistent at Star City several years ago.
He's a great guy.

HeberFan

Surprised to see Stuttgart picked that low.  Have to think they will finish a lot better than 6th.

bulldoghistorian

cuckoobird

Naw, we are young and won't be any good. It's an off week for whomever we play...

HeberFan

Cuck loves to downplay expectations.

purpleswag

HeberFan

Hootens would agree with you about Lonoke. Every week is going to be a big one in the 2-4A, which it appears, is one of the more balanced conferences in the state.

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on June 24, 2015, 06:50:10 am
Cuck loves to downplay expectations.
Oh no, when we are good I have no problem telling folks. Too young to win it all this year, that won't happen till next year and the year after

HeberFan

Cuck, surely you don't agree with the pre-season prediction of a sixth place conference finish?

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on June 24, 2015, 07:53:27 am
Cuck, surely you don't agree with the pre-season prediction of a sixth place conference finish?
Oh no I don't

HeberFan

How do you see the 2-4A this year, Cuck ?

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on June 24, 2015, 07:59:09 am
How do you see the 2-4A this year, Cuck ?
HWHC, Lonoke, Stuttgart, Newport, CAC, Heber, Riverview, and Bateseville

HeberFan

Quite the unbiased opinion there, Cuck

cuckoobird

HeberFan

You actually think Stuttgart can beat Newport? 

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on June 24, 2015, 08:36:31 am
Yes, but we don't have to beat them to finish ahead of them.

SUGARTOWN

Lost to them by one point last year and they lost a ton of players, especially on the lines. The only person you can name on their team is Carl Turner. He's good, but if he doesn't have holes to run through how good will he be?

The conference is wide open this year. Lonoke should be on top, but the next 4 or 5 teams can be in any order.

bulldoghistorian

What should we expect out of Hamburg and Dollarway?
Haven't heard anything and I was just wondering.

AirWarren

I'm not sure about either of them. hamburg will always have size, speed and a big roster but not sure why they can't put it together. Dollarway will be the same minus roster size. I would say that the dollarway athletes are better than Hamburg.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 24, 2015, 09:34:25 am

Lost to them by one point last year and they lost a ton of players, especially on the lines. The only person you can name on their team is Carl Turner. He's good, but if he doesn't have holes to run through how good will he be?

The conference is wide open this year. Lonoke should be on top, but the next 4 or 5 teams can be in any order.

I agree with this. 2-4A is as wide open as any conference this season.

bulldoghistorian

I may be wrong, but I just don't foresee Hamburg being as good as last year, especially since Savage graduated.
I know one person doesn't make a team, but I really believe he was the main reason why they did as well as they did a year ago.
He was their offense.

LJ06

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 24, 2015, 03:39:34 pm
I may be wrong, but I just don't foresee Hamburg being as good as last year, especially since Savage graduated.
I know one person doesn't make a team, but I really believe he was the main reason why they did as well as they did a year ago.
He was their offense.

From seeing them in person last year, Savage was their offensive weapon. When he went down it just threw the whole offense out of whack.

bulldoghistorian

Infamous

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 24, 2015, 09:34:25 am

I'm a Newport fan, and I couldn't agree anymore with that assessment. Spot on.

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on June 23, 2015, 05:31:04 pm
Quote from: HeberFan on June 23, 2015, 05:25:39 pm

If they don't get it done this year it's time to face the facts that it's not happening...ever ;D
well we still have a major hole to fill at running back.

bulldoghistorian

RUSH

July 03, 2015, 04:55:10 pm #36 Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:02:18 pm by RUSH

Infamous

July 09, 2015, 09:41:43 pm #37 Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:47:27 pm by Infamous

Infamous

Proud Buckaroo

What's the deal with all the periods? lol.

The Ref

CAC is my sleeper pick in the 2-4A, I think they'll have the top offense in the conference & will win some games they probably shouldn't.

Mr. Mercer

Quote from: The Ref on July 11, 2015, 09:15:37 pm
CAC is my sleeper pick in the 2-4A, I think they'll have the top offense in the conference & will win some games they probably shouldn't.
[/
How are they looking up front on both sides? They have two good players in Johnson and Harris, but I don't see much more than that.

HeberFan

Quote from: The Ref on July 11, 2015, 09:15:37 pm

CAC still have that big reciever ?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 24, 2015, 03:39:34 pm
He was their offense.

You are absolutely correct. I watched them in 7 on 7 and they.... not that great. Granted. It's just 7 on 7. But still.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas