• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-4A week 1

Started by bulldoghistorian, June 10, 2015, 09:06:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

I know the season is still a few months away from kicking off, but I thought it would be good to go ahead and start taking a look at the week 1 games for this conference.
Warren vs Smackover.
Star City vs Lonoke.
Dollarway vs Helena.
Dewitt vs Clarendon.
Dumas vs Mayflower.
Hamburg vs McGehee.
Crossett at Magnolia.
Monticello at Lake Village.

LJ06

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 10, 2015, 09:06:29 pm
I know the season is still a few months away from kicking off, but I thought it would be good to go ahead and start taking a look at the week 1 games for this conference.
Warren vs Smackover.
Star City vs Lonoke.
Dollarway vs Helena.
Dewitt vs Clarendon.
Dumas vs Mayflower.
Hamburg vs McGehee.
Crossett at Magnolia.

Only two that really pop out on that list are Warren/Smackover and Star City/Lonoke. Both should be good ones.

bulldoghistorian

June 10, 2015, 09:36:55 pm #2 Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:39:54 pm by bulldoghistorian
Deffenently.
Those 2 should be the best matchups.
I think Hamburg/McGehee could be somewhat interesting, as well as Crossett/Magnolia.
Monticello shouldn't have much trouble at Lake Village but you never know.
Monticello only one that game last year by 12.
31-19.
I know that was last year though.

LJ06

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 10, 2015, 09:36:55 pm
Deffenently.
Those 2 should be the best matchups.
I think Hamburg/McGehee could be somewhat interesting, as well as Crossett/Magnolia.
Monticello shouldn't have much trouble at Lake Village but you never know.
Monticello only one that game last year by 12.
31-19.
I know that was last year though.

I was just about to say ole Monty struggled in the first 3 quarters against the mighty Beavers of Chicot County last year.

bulldoghistorian

beach bum

Quote from: LJ06 on June 10, 2015, 09:12:19 pm
Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 10, 2015, 09:06:29 pm
Warren vs Smackover.
Star City vs Lonoke.
Dollarway vs Helena.
Dewitt vs Clarendon.
Dumas vs Mayflower.
Hamburg vs McGehee.
Crossett at Magnolia.

Only two that really pop out on that list are Warren/Smackover and Star City/Lonoke. Both should be good ones.

Should have some close games in there for sure though.

bulldoghistorian

LJ06

Really interested in SC/Lonoke. SC will be loaded and I think Lonoke is a potentially dark horse. Plus it's always a close game. Might have to have ole CP save me a seat!

bulldoghistorian

May have to do that lol! And yes, it's always a close one! I expect it to be close this time around too!

LJ06

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 10, 2015, 10:23:36 pm
May have to do that lol! And yes, it's always a close one! I expect it to be close this time around too!

Or you can save me a seat in the press box man! Lol

bulldoghistorian

Sounds like a plan to me!! Lol!!

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on June 10, 2015, 10:07:31 pm
Really interested in SC/Lonoke. SC will be loaded and I think Lonoke is a potentially dark horse. Plus it's always a close game. Might have to have ole CP save me a seat!
I will do it

Proud Buckaroo

Not being a homer, but I think the best game out of that list would be the smackover/Warren game.

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 13, 2015, 05:50:14 pm
Not being a homer, but I think the best game out of that list would be the smackover/Warren game.

On paper, smackover should beat Warren. How it plays out and how well Warren executes will be the deciding factor. Lot of new faces out there.

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on June 13, 2015, 10:32:51 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 13, 2015, 05:50:14 pm

On paper, smackover should beat Warren. How it plays out and how well Warren executes will be the deciding factor. Lot of new faces out there.
I believe they are underestimating the Lumberjacks but we will see.

Proud Buckaroo

What makes you think that? Have I said anything that has made you think that?

Superjack45

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 16, 2015, 12:07:59 am
What makes you think that? Have I said anything that has made you think that?
I never said you directly I am talking about the whole forum, I wasn't pointing fingers just making a statement of what I think. Since we lost a lot from this past championship team that's all.

Proud Buckaroo

If we go by the boards. A lot of people are underestimating the buckaroos as well.

Romeo

Looking at my records, the last time Warren and Smackover played was October 9, 1969. Warren won 13-0. The earliest game I have on record dates back to 1935. Its possible they might have played before then. I believe they also played in a preseason scrimmage in either 1994 or 1995.

harry

Week 1: Dewitt 48 Clarendon 6. and thats a fact jack!

MomaLion

Quote from: harry on August 26, 2015, 08:23:07 pm
We shall see  :)

cuckoobird

Quote from: harry on August 26, 2015, 08:23:07 pm
I have nothing against clarendon, but, if Dewitt doesn't win that big, they should be worried about every game after that

Loyalfan1

Dumas should have shot at week 1 Victory.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas