• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport open

Started by The Ref, May 08, 2015, 08:38:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tb02brotha

There is board meeting tonight and its presumed that the new HC will be voted in tonight! John Bradley HC from Cave City and Mark  Hindsley the current DC are the top 2 canidates.

tb02brotha

It is official....Mark Hindsley is the new and current HC of the Newport Greyhounds!

whippersnapper

Congratulations to Mark! He is one of the most honest men I know and will do right by the kids. He has moved his way up the ladder at Newport and has made it his home. Go hounds!!

Coach_RC

Word is that Bradley is going as OC.

HeberFan

Should be a good hire.

SUGARTOWN

The last two Newport hires have came from the previous staff, correct?

Loyalfan1

whippersnapper

If you mean this hire as a part of the last 2 then yes. The program is in a very good system right now and I don't mean X's and O's. Poole came over from greenwood and brought the "Rick Jones" system I guess you could say. Poole had his own ideas as well but it's a business mentality. When you come to practice you either bust your butt or get out. Any that have seen a Greenwood practice would know what I mean. Now is practice like a college practice like a greenwood? No not to that extreme. But through Poole and Harrison in the last 4 years a great foundation has been set. Hindsley will have his on ideas of how he wants to do things I am sure.

Infamous

Quote from: Infamous on May 08, 2015, 11:16:11 pm
I'm a lifelong Greyhound fan and alum, and as much as I want to kid myself and say it's still a good job, it isn't. There's a reason Harrison left. The majority of his better players were in the past two classes, and with no reserves waiting in the junior high wings, he saw the writing on the wall. He knew it was time to get out of
dodge while he still had an opportunity.

As far as who they take, I say they strike out on several higher-graded candidates and they eventually tap defensive coordinator Mark Hindsley for the job.

I called that one.

Infamous

Quote from: Coach_RC on May 26, 2015, 09:16:06 pm

His offense makes sense considering there will be a weak line and no receivers, and the only decent players are the quarterback (Collier) and running back (Turner).

whippersnapper

May 30, 2015, 11:58:24 pm #60 Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:35:00 am by whippersnapper
Quote from: Infamous on May 30, 2015, 09:41:11 pm
Quote from: Coach_RC on May 26, 2015, 09:16:06 pm

His offense makes sense considering there will be a weak line and no receivers, and the only decent players are the quarterback (Collier) and running back (Turner).
I am not saying that some double wing concepts won't be added but I am thinking Hindsley will stick with the spread as the base offense. The weak line has 4 guys with experience now with 3 SRS and a Jr.

Infamous

Granted, you're probably more familiar with the roster than I am, but doesn't a coach have to have receivers to run a spread offense? With Bell, Cordell and Wills all exhausting eligibility, who else is left?

I saw that line enough last season to know they're going to struggle without Simmons and Schulz. Those four may have experience, but that's only because there hasn't been anyone better the last few seasons.

HeberFan

Newport has a very solid football program. Competitive every year and battling for a conference title most years. It would be a mistake to think that just because they graduated a very good senior class last year, that they will not be strong again.

Infamous

Quote from: HeberFan on June 04, 2015, 08:28:51 pm
Newport has a very solid football program. Competitive every year and battling for a conference title most years. It would be a mistake to think that just because they graduated a very good senior class last year, that they will not be strong again.

I think they'll be fine when they drop down to 3A in 2016, but with as little talent as they have returning and the schedule they'll be facing, yes, it'll be a long, difficult season.

Lions84

Best of Luck to Coach and the Greyhounds  I had  a cousin graduate from the Port about 25 years ago.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas