• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Highland open?

Started by JohnBarleycorn, April 22, 2015, 02:31:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ref

beach bum

This is a good job.They have had a solid program recently so these are the situations where an in staff hire makes sense. Some losing programs that hire within confuse me.

The Ref

Highland has some good coaches currently on staff. They would be wise to hire from within.

TBone70

April 22, 2015, 09:08:29 pm #4 Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:12:20 pm by TBone70
Yep, rumor has it. Shaking my head as I'm writing. Wish Coach Hill luck. Going to be hard to replace him and was in the zone here. He's done well here at Highland and we all thank him for it.. Fayetteville is lucky to have him. They should be able to fill the position easily, within I hope, if not I'm sure there will be several applications to look at.

skins68

Where is Coach Hill going to??  Is he going to coach another school??

The Ref

Quote from: skins68 on April 23, 2015, 09:11:48 am

Quote from: TBone70 on April 22, 2015, 09:08:29 pm
Yep, rumor has it. Shaking my head as I'm writing. Wish Coach Hill luck. Going to be hard to replace him and was in the zone here. He's done well here at Highland and we all thank him for it.. Fayetteville is lucky to have him. They should be able to fill the position easily, within I hope, if not I'm sure there will be several applications to look at.

Tigerdad2

I agree, if you're a winning program, hire within which I hope they do.
On the other hand when losing programs hire within , they're choosing to keep the tradition of losing going.
I might shake some people up on this, but it's true.
Coaches want to get to NWA to coach, this is just another example

Loyalfan1

AirWarren

April 23, 2015, 12:12:45 pm #9 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:16:22 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on April 23, 2015, 09:51:31 am
I agree, if you're a winning program, hire within which I hope they do.
On the other hand when losing programs hire within , they're choosing to keep the tradition of losing going.
I might shake some people up on this, but it's true.
Coaches want to get to NWA to coach, this is just another example

By NWA, you mean Fayetteville, bentonville, and Shiloh christian, correct? Outside of those schools, state football titles and tradition are relatively non existent. And I don't see it happening anytime soon.

TBone70

April 23, 2015, 12:36:39 pm #10 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:41:13 pm by TBone70
Quote from: The Ref on April 23, 2015, 09:28:22 am

Yes Fayetteville High School. Rumor has it taking the O. C. job replacing Zak Clark who took over H.C. at Springdale. Hill was good for us. He grew up here and played ball here under His dad Sam Hill. Then came on to Coach. During Coaching career he has over 80% winning percentage. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: TBone70 on April 23, 2015, 12:36:39 pm

Yes Fayetteville High School. Rumor has it taking the O. C. job replacing Zak Clark who took over H.C. at Springdale. Hill was good for us. He grew up here and played ball here under His dad Sam Hill. Then came on to Coach. During Coaching career he has over 80% winning percentage.

According to the 7A board, Benji Mahan was promoted to Fayettville High OC last month.

TBone70

April 23, 2015, 02:56:25 pm #12 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:03:53 pm by TBone70
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 23, 2015, 02:41:07 pm
Quote from: TBone70 on April 23, 2015, 12:36:39 pm

According to the 7A board, Benji Mahan was promoted to Fayettville High OC last month.
Yeah, I just read it. that's why I said rumor has it, you know how coffee shop talk can be. lol

The Ref

April 23, 2015, 04:42:55 pm #13 Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:28:34 pm by The Ref
I heard he will be a position coach on offense & he'll be either a running or passing game Coordinator,  whatever that it is.

Donnie Jamon

How much talent is still around Highland? I know they lost some big time talent but didn't know if other positions were young or what?

TBone70

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on April 23, 2015, 07:18:49 pm
How much talent is still around Highland? I know they lost some big time talent but didn't know if other positions were young or what?
HEY BUDDY, They are solid, 3 yr starter QB back with honors, line is good. The stars will be missed. lot of experience coming back. The junior high has been solid in the past few years. I think we will be in contention again this year.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: The Ref on April 23, 2015, 04:42:55 pm
I heard he will be a position coach on offense & he'll be either a running or passing game Coordinator,  whatever that it is.
Actually  he is a 9th grade HC and senior high assistant for Fayetteville

Jacketman65

Personally, I think Highland will be fine and will attract a upper end coach.  May have lost some talent, same as most programs, but has a solid program and in a good area of the state.

OB11

This job will also be attractive because of the conference Highland is in.  No offense whatsoever to the other teams in the conference, but after the first 3 or 4 teams it drops off.  So whoever takes this job is looking at making the playoffs consistently for years to come. 

Loyalfan1

Any Jonesboro assistants interested?

TBone70

School board meeting tonight. Announcement coming soon.

Donnie Jamon

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Donnie Jamon

Carter?  Who might it be?

TBone70

Internal hire, congrats to Adam Carter.

The Ref

Donnie Jamon

Love Adam. He is a good friend of mine

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on April 29, 2015, 11:31:16 am
Love Adam. He is a good friend of mine
Just not good enough to let you know he was getting this job!  :) 

Donnie Jamon

Nope. I didn't ask bc I knew he wanted it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas