• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teams with the most state championships

Started by toobad4u993, September 23, 2010, 07:17:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead2

Who won the AA Title in 1969 since there was no playoffs ???? Who did the AP select ??? Hope went 11-2 that year and was voted #2 ! Who won it ??? Its as if the AA teams played a dead season.
AAAA LR Hall, AAA Springdale, A McGehee  all won playoff games to win their titles....

Hootie

Quote from: Hoghead2 on June 22, 2015, 03:09:35 pm
Who won the AA Title in 1969 since there was no playoffs ???? Who did the AP select ??? Hope went 11-2 that year and was voted #2 ! Who won it ??? Its as if the AA teams played a dead season.
AAAA LR Hall, AAA Springdale, A McGehee  all won playoff games to win their titles....

If it was in the Ark Democrat I can go look at UALR on the microfilms one afternoon, I think they go back to the 1900s. Do you know when this info would have been released in the paper? Or any ideas? If you have any idea of the time frame to look I'll go see what I can find. I have some downtime in the summer at work, fortunately.

HorseFeathers

My guess would probably be around thanksgiving

Hoghead2

Hope playedd its last game on Wednesday 21 Nov. 1969. They played Camden for the 4-AA Title and won 13-6. Camden won the 4-AA East Title and had just lost to Hope two weeks earlier.

4-AA West
Hope
Arkadelphia
Camden Fairview
Malvern
Camden Lincoln

4-AA East
Camden High
Warren
Crossett
Magnolia
Smackover

Proud Buckaroo

I forgot that Camden had three schools back then. Didn't they consolidate Camden Lincoln and Camden fairview? Then later consolidate Camden high?

phdefense

No playoffs no champions. The AAA does not recognize "paper" champions

HorseFeathers

Quote from: phdefense on June 22, 2015, 06:11:47 pm

So....those champs recognized back to 1907 in the record book are imaginary?

Proud Buckaroo

If that's the case... Stuttgart's 1949, and 1952 "championships" are non-existent?

Hoghead2

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 22, 2015, 05:59:59 pm
I forgot that Camden had three schools back then. Didn't they consolidate Camden Lincoln and Camden fairview? Then later consolidate Camden high?

5 High Schools
Camden Panthers
Camden FVW Cardinals
Camden Lincoln Tigers
Camden Lafayette
Camden Harmony Grove
Lincoln merged with Camden High
Lafayette merged with CF
Camden HG is still open.
Camden High merged with CF

Proud Buckaroo

I think I remember someone telling me that Camden high was called. Camden gold or something?

HeberFan

AAA is only one organization. If a team was named champion by a state news organization or body before the playoff system, then that team is champion.

Hoghead2

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 22, 2015, 06:51:57 pm
I think I remember someone telling me that Camden high was called. Camden gold or something?

No, Camden High Panthers. They wore Gold & Black. That was their school colors.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Hoghead2 on June 22, 2015, 07:02:43 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 22, 2015, 06:51:57 pm

No, Camden High Panthers. They wore Gold & Black. That was their school colors.

That's what it was. They wore Gold. I couldn't remember.

bulldoghistorian

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on June 22, 2015, 06:54:47 pm
AAA is only one organization. If a team was named champion by a state news organization or body before the playoff system, then that team is champion.

So if two teams were named champs by two separate newspapers there could be 2 champs for that year? I don't think so.

Hoghead2

Blytheville has 7 Titles, not sure how many were AP Titles ????   The AAA was formed in what year ?

zebradynasty

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 22, 2015, 09:55:59 pm

So if two teams were named champs by two separate newspapers there could be 2 champs for that year? I don't think so.

Why not it happen in college football on several occasions.

rooftops

The Newport Greyhounds were awarded the AA state championship in 1969. They also won playoff state championships in 1981 and 1991. In 1972 Newport lost to Magnolia in championship game. In 1988 and 1989 Newport lost state championship games to Dollarway and also lost semifinal game to  state champion Dollarway in 1990.

phdefense

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 22, 2015, 06:46:38 pm

If that's the case... Stuttgart's 1949, and 1952 "championships" are non-existent?
Sorry but you fail at history. There were playoffs those years.

phdefense

Sorry, but the AAA declares who were champions and when and maintains a record book indicating such. If the AAA does not recognize the championship then it is not valid.

Hoghead2

Quote from: rooftops on June 22, 2015, 11:46:32 pm
The Newport Greyhounds were awarded the AA state championship in 1969. They also won playoff state championships in 1981 and 1991. In 1972 Newport lost to Magnolia in championship game. In 1988 and 1989 Newport lost state championship games to Dollarway and also lost semifinal game to  state champion Dollarway in 1990.

Thanks ! I've always wondered this because the AAA didn't set up a AA playoffs that year. Why ? AAAA, AAA and A had them !  Hope finished 11-2 and ranked #2

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 22, 2015, 11:43:49 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 22, 2015, 09:55:59 pm

Why not it happen in college football on several occasions.

That's because the NCAA doesn't recognize a Div. 1 college football champion. The AAA does. One champion per class each year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hoghead2 on June 22, 2015, 11:08:51 pm
Blytheville has 7 Titles, not sure how many were AP Titles ????   The AAA was formed in what year ?

AAA was formed in 1907

cuckoobird

Quote from: rpr on September 24, 2010, 10:23:02 am
Current 4A schools: McGehee 7, Shiloh 6, Stuttgart 6, Dollarway 5 according to AAA record book.
Stuttgart has 7 and Mcgehee is a current 3a school

zebradynasty

Quote from: phdefense on June 23, 2015, 01:10:15 am
Sorry, but the AAA declares who were champions and when and maintains a record book indicating such. If the AAA does not recognize the championship then it is not valid.

Their validity is your opinion. AAA doesn't say that it merely says it doesn't recognize championships before the playoff system was formed. No one from AAA will say they are not valid!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 23, 2015, 07:22:11 am

Their validity is your opinion. AAA doesn't say that it merely says it doesn't recognize championships before the playoff system was formed. No one from AAA will say they are not valid!

Well if they're not listed on their site then that's a pretty good indication that they don't recognize them. But hey, go ahead and claim whatever you want if it makes you happy. Just don't expect anyone else to go along with it (except for the other paper champions).

Hootie

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 23, 2015, 06:53:42 am
Current 4A schools: McGehee 7, Shiloh 6, Stuttgart 6, Dollarway 5 according to AAA record book.

That post was from 2010 lol

cuckoobird

Quote from: Hootie on June 23, 2015, 08:05:51 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on June 23, 2015, 06:53:42 am

That post was from 2010 lol
haha I didn't realize

zebradynasty

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 23, 2015, 07:49:41 am

Well if they're not listed on their site then that's a pretty good indication that they don't recognize them. But hey, go ahead and claim whatever you want if it makes you happy. Just don't expect anyone else to go along with it (except for the other paper champions).

So you have seen where AAA has said it doesn't recognize championships prior to the playoff system? Or is that what you been told?

cuckoobird

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 23, 2015, 08:51:58 am

So you have seen where AAA has said it doesn't recognize championships prior to the playoff system? Or is that what you been told?
I've got to go with sugar on this, if they recognized them, they would be in their book and on their website

zebradynasty

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 23, 2015, 08:53:26 am

I've got to go with sugar on this, if they recognized them, they would be in their book and on their website

Same question!

cuckoobird

June 23, 2015, 09:17:07 am #81 Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:20:10 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: zebradynasty on June 23, 2015, 09:07:06 am

Same question!
Ok let me ask you one in return, If they recognize them, why aren't they listed? All the ones we know they recognize are. It's called deductive reasoning.

Deductive reasoning is a logical process in which a conclusion is based on the concordance of multiple premises that are generally assumed to be true. Deductive reasoning is sometimes referred to as top-down logic. Its counterpart, inductive reasoning, is sometimes referred to as bottom-up logic.

zebradynasty

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 23, 2015, 09:17:07 am

Same question!
Ok let me ask you one in return, If they recognize them, why aren't they listed? All the ones we know they recognize are. It's called deductive reasoning.

Deductive reasoning is a logical process in which a conclusion is based on the concordance of multiple premises that are generally assumed to be true. Deductive reasoning is sometimes referred to as top-down logic. Its counterpart, inductive reasoning, is sometimes referred to as bottom-up logic.

One last time is this what you read for yourself or are you repeating what you been told?

zebradynasty

Speaking of deductive reasoning wouldn't it be a logical deduction that if I keep asking you to the same question....I know/have the answer already ???

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 23, 2015, 09:30:14 am
Speaking of deductive reasoning wouldn't it be a logical deduction that if I keep asking you to the same question....I know/have the answer already ???

Or you're just a little slow.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 23, 2015, 09:17:07 am

Same question!

i think bottoms up fits this thread better.

cuckoobird

you have your opinion just like us

SUGARTOWN

BTW, I never said they don't recognize non-playoff championships. I said that if the AAA doesn't have it listed that I don't recognize it.

zebradynasty

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 23, 2015, 09:40:30 am

Yet fast enough to find out things for myself and not simply parrot what I've been told.

From the AAA Website:

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Media/recordbook1415.pdf

Pay close attention to the first 2-3 pages then turn your attention to page 25. * This OFFICIAL RECOGNIZED ARKANSAS SPORTS RECORD BOOK has not been updated to include the Z's 22nd Football Championship!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 23, 2015, 09:55:24 am

Yet fast enough to find out things for myself and not simply parrot what I've been told.

From the AAA Website:

Pay close attention to the first 2-3 pages then turn your attention to page 25. * This OFFICIAL RECOGNIZED ARKANSAS SPORTS RECORD BOOK has not been updated to include the Z's 22nd Football Championship!

Did you not read my post right above yours? I never said they didn't recognize non-playoff championships.

zebradynasty

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 23, 2015, 09:58:19 am

From the AAA Website:

Did you not read my post right above yours? I never said they didn't recognize non-playoff championships.

Right and I just provided you with proof the AAA DOES recognize non-playoff championships. Which proves that you never heard that they didn't at least not from AAA!

cuckoobird

From the AAA Website:

Well, they still have Stuttgart's wrong. We have 7 with a playoff and 9 counting paper champions. According to oldman, Mcgehee's is wrong too. They have 8 with a playoff. So, what are we supposed to believe. BTW I'm sure there are more errors that haven't been brought to light yet

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 23, 2015, 10:25:25 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 23, 2015, 09:58:19 am

From the AAA Website:

Right and I just provided you with proof the AAA DOES recognize non-playoff championships. Which proves that you never heard that they didn't at least not from AAA!

What is it that you're not understanding? For the 3RD TIME, I NEVER said that they don't recognize non-playoff championships nor have I ever heard that. You're arguing with the wrong person dude.

zebradynasty

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 23, 2015, 10:26:14 am

From the AAA Website:

Well, they still have Stuttgart's wrong. We have 7 with a playoff and 9 counting paper champions. According to oldman, Mcgehee's is wrong too. They have 8 with a playoff. So, what are we supposed to believe. BTW I'm sure there are more errors that haven't been brought to light yet

Well according to the record book all someone has to do is complete the form and provide documentation to prove the record.

FBfan79

Who are the top teams since 2000? Not just championships...

Hootie

Quote from: FBfan79 on June 23, 2015, 01:07:28 pm

Shiloh Christian, Warren, Nashville, Stuttgart, Dollarway, are the first few that come to mind. Stuttgart has been down the past 2 years but they were consistently good in the 2000s and won it all in 2012... And well Dollarway is good when they're not breaking the rules.

LJ06

Quote from: Hootie on June 23, 2015, 01:22:44 pm
Quote from: FBfan79 on June 23, 2015, 01:07:28 pm

Shiloh Christian, Warren, Nashville, Stuttgart, Dollarway, are the first few that come to mind. Stuttgart has been down the past 2 years but they were consistently good in the 2000s and won it all in 2012... And well Dollarway is good when they're not breaking the rules.

One of these is not like the others...no titles for Dway

HeberFan

cuckoobird

HeberFan

Heber has earned trophies, thank you very much

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas