• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Basketball 2016-2017

Started by WPWells, November 12, 2016, 09:49:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RATTLER43

Lance Harter
Chris Bucknam
Dave Van Horn
Mike Anderson

There are others who are accomplished as well.

AirWarren

Quote from: WPWells on July 06, 2017, 04:25:02 pm
Here's a question: who's the best coach on the U of A campus? Depending on how the discussion goes, I may make a new thread for this.

DVH
MA
BB

this of course being the big three sports.

beach bum

This thread is going to take a turn for the worse.... And it will probably be me who takes it there eventually. I like all our coaches except for one and its not that hard to figure out.

RATTLER43

July 06, 2017, 06:28:13 pm #653 Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:30:58 pm by RATTLER43
Quote from: RATTLER43 on July 06, 2017, 04:29:59 pm
Lance Harter  Arkansas has collected 13 NCAA podium (top four) finishes including the 2016 NCAA Outdoor Championship team title, 2015 NCAA Indoor Championship team title and five national runner-up performances – four of those from cross country. Harter has also guided his team to 28 SEC titles (16 cross country, six indoor track and six outdoor track) including the last seven-consecutive conference championships dating back to the 2014 SEC outdoor meet. His title haul at Arkansas also includes 20 NCAA Regional Championships in cross country. Has multiple rings including two at Arkansas.

Chris Bucknam  Bucknam has led the Razorbacks to 20 top 10 finishes. His cross country squads have placed in the top 10 four times while track and field has 16 top 10s including four national runner-up finishes and a national title.  Has a ring at Arkansas and wins the toughest conference in track regularly in Arkansas most successful program. Hard to follow the Legend, but he has done well.

Dave Van Horn  Van Horn has led Arkansas to four College World Series appearances, 13 NCAA Tournament berths, one Southeastern Conference overall title, three SEC Western Division championships.  Close, but no big cigar yet.

Mike Anderson 2011-Pres.
Six Seasons   Arkansas
Head Coach   128-74 (.634)
15 Seasons      328-172 (.656) Never had a losing record.  Wonderful coach, mediocre recruiter.

There are others who are accomplished as well.

cuckoobird

1) DV
2) a-whatever letter is MA and all the none profit sports.
3) BB and only because the former women's basketball coach wasthe worse decision I've ever seen an AD make in hiring.
4) current women's basketball coach because of the unknown

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on July 06, 2017, 09:18:49 am
He is officially gone.

Time to move on.

Reggie Perry has committed to Mississippi State.

AirWarren

beach bum

July 17, 2017, 11:52:08 am #657 Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:58:32 am by beach bum
Quote from: Romeo on July 17, 2017, 11:31:00 am
Reggie Perry has committed to Mississippi State.

Huh?? If the kid went to Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, or even Florida I would have understood him dropping us. Oh well he'll have fun finishing below the Hogs once or twice in the SEC standings. What a stupid decision. I am all for young men making decisions to help them get to the NBA faster, but Miss State? I never once dogged on Monk for picking Kentucky because for him it was the right decision. I dogged him once he showed his true colors of being a cocky show boat. Look at his demeanor compared to DeAaron Fox or Bam Adebayo this last season. Those two other guys were actually humble about their game.

Romeo

His father also played at Mississippi State. Might have been one of the factors for going there.

beach bum

Quote from: Romeo on July 17, 2017, 12:29:37 pm
His father also played at Mississippi State. Might have been one of the factors for going there.

Ok that I can understand. At first I was just scratching my head. I know he is from Georgia so if he would have went to Florida in Gainesville even that would have made sense.

Romeo

According to reports, he de-committed from Arkansas due to family health reasons and wanted to be closer to south Georgia. Starkville is closer to his location than Fayetteville but is still about 7 hours away.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on July 17, 2017, 12:29:37 pm

Father played there.

7 hours vs 14 hour drive from Thomasville to Starkville.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on July 17, 2017, 01:22:57 pm
Father played there.

7 hours vs 14 hour drive from Thomasville to Starkville.

This......... I seriously would have understand if he went to one of the blue blood programs or even to Florida State or Florida with those two being so close to his high school. But Miss State?? Come on give me a break something is fishy here.

AirWarren

It isn't what it is. At this point, I'm used to Arkansas swinging and missing on blue chip talent.

BannerMountainMan

We don't need him we need another a 4 star big guy that won't want to be a ball hog to get looks from the NBA, gonna be a great next few years!!

beach bum

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on July 23, 2017, 09:27:28 am
We don't need him we need another a 4 star big guy that won't want to be a ball hog to get looks from the NBA, gonna be a great next few years!!

I want guys that will be here 2 years at least.... Like a Portis type. I think Gafford has that potential to be 2 or 3 years and gone. I am just glad we have a good enough recruiting class in total this doesn't wreck us. On another note one guy that will be a sophomore next year I hope takes his game to the next level is Bailey. If he gets an offensive game to go with his motor he can add something to Macon and Barford. The North Carolina game showed he isn't scared of a little competition how good he played.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas