• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Currently, What Is Your Favorite Song?

Started by AllSmiles, January 31, 2008, 02:33:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Valley he had some songs where he actually did sing . . . . But i'd still rather listen to him gargle through gravel as you said than listen to 90 percent of these guys on the radio that couldn't carry a tune in a bucket without their autotune that we have today . . .

Valleysports

DogsWin7

That's a good song.....AC/DC will get your heart pumping! 

Valleysports

C-Mac 73

Texarkana_Piggie

Valleysports

HorseFeathers

Valleysports

DogsWin7

I'm Sexy and I know It....   LMFAO   Lol!!!!!!!  That song is funny!

Valleysports

DogsWin7

Any of you have a few favorite hymns?

I love them....they provide a lot of comfort too me...sometimes just the words are enough to lift my thoughts where they need to be..

A few of my favorites, and I can't possibly name them all are,  Just As I Am, How Great Thou Art, Victory In Jesus, Jesus Loves Me, Old Rugged Cross, In The Garden etc..., and I do like some of the more modern songs as well but my favorites are still the Old Hymns.    I played the piano in church on Sunday and some Wednesday nights when I was kid with my piano teacher.   I miss my piano sometimes.   

Valleysports

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: HF on February 26, 2014, 08:52:24 am
Valley i'm serious lol   i was raised on old country and bluegrass and southern gospel. . . . My parents being raised in the country in the 60's and 70's might have had a hand in that.

Try having parents raised in the 40's and 50's.

I grew up hearing a lot of Hank Williams, Webb Pierce, Faron Young, Johnny Horton, and so on.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 12, 2014, 03:38:07 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 09, 2014, 11:31:35 pm
Strangely enough, I've been listening to Carly Simon lately.
Nobody Does It Better ;) 

I always think of James Bond.     I like several of her songs.

Carly straight up killed it with that one.  Best Bond song they ever recorded. 

Followed by versions done by Shirley Bassey, Paul McCartney, Tina Turner, and Chris Cornell.

The worst?  (cough)

HorseFeathers

Uncle ivan heard quite a bit of those artists growing up to. . . .

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 02, 2014, 04:12:06 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 12, 2014, 03:38:07 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 09, 2014, 11:31:35 pm
Strangely enough, I've been listening to Carly Simon lately.
Nobody Does It Better ;) 

I always think of James Bond.     I like several of her songs.

Carly straight up killed it with that one.  Best Bond song they ever recorded. 

Followed by versions done by Shirley Bassey, Paul McCartney, Tina Turner, and Chris Cornell.

The worst?  (cough)

I agree, Carly's is the best song of all the James Bond Films in my opinion.   I do like A View To A Kill by Duran Duran but I like their music..... I wasn't a fan of that movie however.   From Russia With Love, Dr. No and For Your Eyes Only are some of my favorites.   

Uncle Ivan

March 02, 2014, 09:20:26 pm #1268 Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:22:38 pm by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 02, 2014, 06:16:26 pm
I wasn't a fan of that movie however.

Roger Moore should've hung it up before then.  He was far too old and saggy for the role.  Tanya Roberts was one of the worst Bond girls until Denise Richards showed up.

However Chris Walken did a credible job as the bad guy.

Hoghead

Harry Hippy by Bobby Womack.......Yall don't nothing about that.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 02, 2014, 09:20:26 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 02, 2014, 06:16:26 pm
I wasn't a fan of that movie however.

Roger Moore should've hung it up before then.  He was far too old and saggy for the role.  Tanya Roberts was one of the worst Bond girls until Denise Richards showed up.

However Chris Walken did a credible job as the bad guy.

Roger was a great actor and yes, age did finally catch up with him but I still like the way he played James Bond better than most of the others...there's just something about him.   Denise Richards still looks good.  She is in amazing shape for her age.  IMO.   

Some of the newer films are trying to get to animated in blowing stuff up and focusing on scenery it seems instead of the connect to the audience in the story line....but again that's my opinion.   I still like watching the older films better.  :)

DogsWin7

sevenof400

Valleysports

LOL I just ran a 21 yr old coworker out by singing song he's never heard... Jeremiah was a Bull Frog . . .  Delta Dawn . . .  Kung Fu Fighting.. Baby don't give up on me.  This is the Pit Bull Fan  ;D

DogsWin7

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 03, 2014, 05:58:39 pm
Destroyer
The Kinks.
Excellent.

I like their music.....the song I'm Not Like Everybody Else is good.  They had several good songs IMO.   

Goodbye-Lifehouse.   

DogsWin7

Texarkana_Piggie

Elijah by rich mullins. 
also Step by Step by rich mullins.

DogsWin7

I had to look him up.  Nice voice.

Matter of Trust-Billy Joel.  I like his music.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 10, 2014, 03:34:18 pm

Piano Man!

DogsWin7

You better believe it!!  :)   oh and many more!!!   

AirWarren

DogsWin7

You play that one a lot AW....I'm thinking it must be your all time favorite.  Lol!!  :)

sevenof400

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 10, 2014, 03:34:18 pm

Allentown has always been my favorite Billy Joel song.  Some hauntingly accurate lyrics......

AirWarren

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 11, 2014, 08:51:30 am
You play that one a lot AW....I'm thinking it must be your all time favorite.  Lol!!  :)

Sirius radio is awesome with the capability to save favorites!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: AirWarren on March 11, 2014, 06:10:27 am
Eddie Money "Take me home tonight"

Saw Eddie sing lip sync that one in minus 74 degree weather at the Liberty Bowl a few years ago.

There was a definite age gap.  People above forty sang along, most people younger than that wore puzzled looks.

DogsWin7

Big City Nights-Scorpions.   Yes....it's a old song.  :)

sixthman

Old song: Ride the Lightning.

New song: Royals, I have no idea why.

Hoghead

DogsWin7

Slow Burn- T.G. Shepard.   Still love to hear him sing. 

DogsWin7

Up All Night-John Pardi

I still prefer old classic country songs and bands.    Must be age thing.  :)

Roar-Katy Perry.

True Believer

DogsWin7

Merle Haggard- My Favorite Memory

Read an article today that Merle Haggard will be honored by a few country musicians by the release of the "Working Mans Poet" Album due to be released April 1st.   Also he was the first ever Entertainer of the Year in 1970.   Celebrating 50 years of Merle Haggard. 

Texarkana_Piggie

Rich Mullins' album "songs" is giving me a lot of peace and comfort right now with some things I am going through. I just love his messages in his songs.

sevenof400

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on March 21, 2014, 11:22:22 pm
Rich Mullins' album "songs" is giving me a lot of peace and comfort right now with some things I am going through. I just love his messages in his songs.

Is one of those things the "Benchmark Blues"?

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 22, 2014, 11:44:25 am
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on March 21, 2014, 11:22:22 pm

Is one of those things the "Benchmark Blues"?

Thankfully no.  We don't benchmark in kindergarten.  My dear friend who is like a second mother is in the hospital going on two weeks with serious respiratory problems.  Been at her bedside and in the waiting rooms a lot.

sevenof400

Sorry to hear that TP - here's hoping for a speedy and full recovery for your friend. 

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 22, 2014, 01:14:14 pm
Sorry to hear that TP - here's hoping for a speedy and full recovery for your friend. 

Thanks. We need lots of prayers

DogsWin7

Prayers for your friend, her family and you.    I hope she recovers very soon. 

DogsWin7

Caribbean Queen-Billy Ocean.

I have the 80's and 90's stuck in my head. 

DogsWin7

I love the rainy nights.....Eddie Rabbitt.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas