• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2a Region And State Tournament Hosts(Brackets)

Started by HorseFeathers, January 11, 2018, 03:28:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Maxpreps has Charleston listed in Clarendons spot.

Bildo

I won't be there all day/night every night though

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Ctucker

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 25, 2018, 11:01:06 am
Ctucker, how many nights are you gonna make the tournament?

Cheek?

Bildo?
im going to try most every night I live 2 miles from gym!

BW2015

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 25, 2018, 11:46:45 am
Thanks!

Quitman Carlisle potential 2nd round game..

That should be a good game.  Rematch from a state tourney game last year.

AR Ball Junkie

Anyone have directions to wcc gym?  I know it is around Judsonia.

Ctucker

Quote from: AR Ball Junkie on February 25, 2018, 07:45:34 pm
Anyone have directions to wcc gym?  I know it is around Judsonia.
It is about 12 miles north of Searcy on hiway 157!

Mr. Trill

Quitman and Carlisle and Clarendon and MT are on the same side  for Boys and Girls, very interesting.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 25, 2018, 11:01:06 am
Ctucker, how many nights are you gonna make the tournament?

Cheek?

Bildo?
Oh I see how it is...just a boys club  ;D lol

MomaLion

Ctucker

I do not know how to start a new thread! One of y'all that knows how you can start one on this But if you could pick one kid to start a team with in 2a who would you pick! I would pick Dolittle he has that killer instinct! Don't know enough on girls side to have a opionion! And remember only one pick!

RedWolf275

Pick_DA_EAGLES

RedWolf275

Thanks for the info. I went to a state tournament there in the late 90's and wondered if they had a newer gym.

Ctucker

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 26, 2018, 09:48:59 am
Thanks for the info. I went to a state tournament there in the late 90's and wondered if they had a newer gym.
It was built in 87 and remodeled last year

Ctucker

I'm going to tell how old i am by saying this but gym was built my junior year we had to play all  away game first half of that year because our old gym was condemned. The remodel was extensive!

Ctucker

We got a Superindent that wanted to get Basketball going good here and she made a  great hire for coach and worked with school board and got the gym done! Before her sports was a after thought here!

bearbacker52

Quote from: old.dole on January 11, 2018, 06:50:18 pm
AAA does a terrible job at this. Poyen got basketball baseball and softball for the south. Seems convenient their sup is on the board. If they get one they should spread it around for the others when there are just as suitable schools for hosting
it seems as though they do whats best for aaa and not the schools, students, or families.

FromTheBench

White County is definitely not the most perfect set up for state tournament. They have the seating but the only problem is the biggest section of seating is behind one of the goals and it is a terrible spot to watch a basketball game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FromTheBench on February 26, 2018, 01:21:37 pm
White County is definitely not the most perfect set up for state tournament. They have the seating but the only problem is the biggest section of seating is behind one of the goals and it is a terrible spot to watch a basketball game.

So...it's like Izard county ?

FromTheBench

I've personally never been to ICC gym so I'm not sure. Home and Visitor sides at White County are your average high school gym though. I think MVE gym could hold more people on home and visitor sides

Ice Water

I've mentioned before how jacked up the structure of the 2A bracket is, but maybe this will resonate a little more now that there are actual teams in each slot. Comprehend this:

1) Quitman beat England in the regional semis before falling to WCC in the finals.
2) Quitman is "rewarded" for beating England by drawing the North 3 seed (Marked Tree), while England is "punished" for losing to Quitman by drawing the North 4 seed (EPC).
2b) From the other side of things, when MT & EPC played for 3rd & 4th, the winner of that game is "rewarded" with drawing a 2 seed (Quitman), while the loser draws a 3 seed (England). From the same region!
3) And of course, there is an inexplicable 1 & 2 from the same region on the same side of the bracket.

All of this is completely avoidable. Even with a 12 team, 3 region bracket. It's not too complicated to structure a bracket that keeps 1 seeds opposite from the 2s and 3s from the same region. And it's not hard to make sure teams are not rewarded for losing. Will it make a major difference in determining who the absolute best team is? Probably not. But I'd sure like to see a bracket structured the right way for once.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: FromTheBench on February 26, 2018, 01:21:37 pm

That's how a lot of the newer/remodeled gyms seating is. Heck most all colleges have seating behind the goals.

Ctucker

Quote from: Ice Water on February 26, 2018, 03:21:01 pm
I've mentioned before how jacked up the structure of the 2A bracket is, but maybe this will resonate a little more now that there are actual teams in each slot. Comprehend this:

1) Quitman beat England in the regional semis before falling to WCC in the finals.
2) Quitman is "rewarded" for beating England by drawing the North 3 seed (Marked Tree), while England is "punished" for losing to Quitman by drawing the North 4 seed (EPC).
2b) From the other side of things, when MT & EPC played for 3rd & 4th, the winner of that game is "rewarded" with drawing a 2 seed (Quitman), while the loser draws a 3 seed (England). From the same region!
3) And of course, there is an inexplicable 1 & 2 from the same region on the same side of the bracket.
One region has to do it but it should be the region that got the free bye which is the south region this year should have been north last year! On the 1 and 2 seeds
All of this is completely avoidable. Even with a 12 team, 3 region bracket. It's not too complicated to structure a bracket that keeps 1 seeds opposite from the 2s and 3s from the same region. And it's not hard to make sure teams are not rewarded for losing. Will it make a major difference in determining who the absolute best team is? Probably not. But I'd sure like to see a bracket structured the right way for once.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 26, 2018, 04:50:52 pm
That's how a lot of the newer/remodeled gyms seating is. Heck most all colleges have seating behind the goals.

Seating behind the goal is cool.... 1/2 the seating in the gym behind one goal, not so much(seen that 1a state tournament 2 years ago)

HoopKing

In the girls bracket all the number 2 seeds are on the same side while Earle and caddo hills are waiting on 3/4 winners in the second round.  I think the possible 2nd round Carlisle quitman game could be a dandy to watch

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 26, 2018, 05:36:22 pm
Seating behind the goal is cool.... 1/2 the seating in the gym behind one goal, not so much(seen that 1a state tournament 2 years ago)

That's not how WCC is. It might be a 1/4 of the seating.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HoopKing on February 26, 2018, 05:55:19 pm
In the girls bracket all the number 2 seeds are on the same side while Earle and caddo hills are waiting on 3/4 winners in the second round.  I think the possible 2nd round Carlisle quitman game could be a dandy to watch

The possible match up would eliminate a serious contender in The 2nd round.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 26, 2018, 10:37:27 am
I'm going to tell how old i am by saying this but gym was built my junior year we had to play all  away game first half of that year because our old gym was condemned. The remodel was extensive!
Wow, you're older than I am lol

MomaLion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

MomaLion

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 26, 2018, 11:21:24 pm
I think it's seatback on home side
Just need to know if i'm bringing a cushion lol...I plan to watch most if not all games and those seats get mighty hard.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

FromTheBench

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on February 26, 2018, 11:19:34 pm
Wow, you're older than I am lol
And I feel it more ever day! Lol And it is just chair back on one side! But good thing about the end seating is it's straight up so you can see over people it front of you which is important to a short guy like me!

FromTheBench

I agree with this. WCC and Quitman got slapped in the face for competing for a Regional championship and earning top seeds. There are coaches out there that would have thrown games to get out of that tight spot.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The north regional was  gonna have a strong 3 seed regardless with Earle, Clarendon and marked tree. You gotta beat the good teams sometime. Heck it's the state tournament, the competition should be strong. Would you prefer to hand pick your opponents?

Ctucker

February 27, 2018, 10:37:45 am #90 Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:19:55 pm by Ctucker
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 27, 2018, 10:05:10 am
The north regional was  gonna have a strong 3 seed regardless with Earle, Clarendon and marked tree. You gotta beat the good teams sometime. Heck it's the state tournament, the competition should be strong. Would you prefer to hand pick your opponents?
You got to beat good teams to win State it does not matter when  because if you don't win it it just means u lost your last game of the year!

MikelB

Ctucker

Dogg

Ctucker

Quote from: Dogg on February 27, 2018, 04:25:08 pm
Don't sleep on EPC they gonna come and fight
yes I know they will! I just Pick England to win!

MomaLion

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on February 28, 2018, 09:38:22 am
Any first round prediction upsets?
Do you mean by seeds because the only first round game that could possibly be a upset no matter who wins! Would be MT PIne beating Clarendon don't think it will happen but the rest of the games would not be a upset I don't think personally!

Lions84

It will be great! Cant wait to I can retire and go.

FromTheBench

Quitman will have hands absolutely full with Marked Tree, but don't count them out!

3 Dollar

Since you seem to have all the answers, have at it!!!  Let's see your bracket!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas