• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bigelow vs Junction City

Started by cuz, March 10, 2015, 09:50:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuz

March 10, 2015, 09:50:14 pm Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:55:04 pm by cuz
Halftime
JC 43
Bigelow 30

cuz

March 10, 2015, 09:51:58 pm #1 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:55:45 pm by cuz
JC 53
Bigelow 41.   2:39 in 3 rd

Idoknow

bleudog

End of 3rd qtr:

Junction City Dragons: 60
Bigelow Panthers: 45

cuz

cuz

cuz

cuz

JC 80
Bigelow 56.    Final

Congrats Dragons

Sport Fan

Congratulations Junction City Dragons! ! ! !

dragondad#1

THA TRUTH

Two but they played real sloppy

dragondad#1

THA TRUTH

Especially with bic this is the game jc could lose from a coaching stand point

Rackjack74

Congrats to Junction City for the win and to Bigelow for a great season. Both squads kept it classy. Can't wait to see JC vs BIC.

bleudog

Lions84

pantherfan3

I'm sure JC only having 8 fouls called in a state tourney game with an aggressive athletic team of their caliber is normal right?  I'm sure none of you know that at least one of those refs lives near JC. I'm sure everyone thinks that was a fair called game?

Too bad for the boys on both teams.

thabeast428

March 12, 2015, 05:45:45 am #17 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 07:15:40 am by thabeast428
K

Dragon I

LOL!  I actually looked at my dad toward the end of the first period and told him how one sided the officiating was.  He agreed.  The worst was when Bigelow's guard got kneed in the head.  Tay had earned the foul and I think all of the JC fans would agree with that. Then the official called traveling.  I felt bad for the kid.  Not only did he get kneed in the head, but then the official blew the call.  The inconsistencies at the end of the game were bad as well.  Don't change the way you're calling in the fourth.  If you've been letting the kids play physical all night, don't start calling touch fouls 40 feet from the basket.

lionfan59

That was my argument against MT, if you are gong to call it one way and the kids adjust to your calling DO NOT CHANGE THE WAY YOU ARE CALLING!!!!!!!!!... and the short ref at the JC/BIC Game called Charging like it was going out of style the other night... Then on questionable calls, that I was sure he would call Charging, he jumped shift to call blocks.. I know people gripe and moan about officials, but it just seems they get worst every year.

pantherfan3

Quote from: Dragon I on March 12, 2015, 06:31:13 am
LOL!  I actually looked at my dad toward the end of the first period and told him how one sided the officiating was.  He agreed.  The worst was when Bigelow's guard got kneed in the head.  Tay had earned the foul and I think all of the JC fans would agree with that. Then the official called traveling.  I felt bad for the kid.  Not only did he get kneed in the head, but then the official blew the call.  The inconsistencies at the end of the game were bad as well.  Don't change the way you're calling in the fourth.  If you've been letting the kids play physical all night, don't start calling touch fouls 40 feet from the basket.

I couldn't agree more.   There was an Augusta fan sitting behind me that told me before the boys were ever on the floor that we might as well head home...that the tall ref was from the JC area and he would blatantly call for them.  I didn't believe her but boy I should have!!  I also agree at the end you guys got some calls that you probably didn't think you should have based on the first 3 1/2 qtrs. of the game! :(  JC has a very talented team that had pretty good chances of winning that game on skill and merit--too bad that it had to go as it did.  Bigelow boys have proven to be salty and surprised folks and I think probably showed up to win that ball game too!  Too bad they won't ever know. :(  I do have to say though that the JC kids weren't mouthy or trying to take advantage of it and they could have--and our boys didn't get defeated or get angry and show out--pretty great reprsentations from both schools under the circumstance!

bleudog

March 12, 2015, 04:48:48 pm #21 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:52:48 pm by bleudog
I don't have a clue how refs are assigned for state tournament nor did I see the game mentioned in this thread, but every year there seems to be an issue with refs and styles of play. 

What I'm referring to is you might get refs who all year only see teams with nobody over 6' 1", that play to score forty points a game and are coached to make sure there are at least ten passes before anybody even thinks of taking a shot (then that shot is still most likely a three). 

This group of refs is then for the first time all year assigned to a state tournament game where one or both teams have a number of athletic 6' 4" kids who crash the boards to play above the rim, the team plans to score 70+ a game and are more than likely to drive/dish rather than spend much time passing. 

Same thing works the other way with refs who are used to seeing the quicker more athletic type games and all year have let kids play.   Then those refs are assigned to a game with a more methodical slow down team and don't make the calls the methodical team is used to getting all year.

We can debate all day about which style of play will give a given team the best chance to win a state tournament, but I'd think most refs would have a hard time making those changes and being good at it. 

Dragon I

Whatever the problem is, Arkansas high school basketball officiating is the absolute worst of all the sports.  I've seen all the calls go for JC, and I've seen them all go against JC.  You just play the hand you're dealt.  As far as the tall guy being from this area, it may very well be true.  I personally have never seen him before.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas