• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 1 Boys, Day 2

Started by Yak, March 08, 2015, 10:09:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Yak

When I played cards, there were times I thought I had the winning hand. Once the cards were flipped over, it never ceased to amaze me that many times I thought my hand could not be beat, and then bam...digging for more money or chips. How about the first round? Bam I say! Upsets and tight games! Again, HS basketball at its finest! Maybe I can pick a little better today.
England vs Dermott: England has the ingredients to contend for the plaque. Ask Clarendon about that from the regional tourney. They have two big guys that can rebound and play inside. Add a few shooters and their athleticism, well, you get the point. Dermott has athletes, but are they disciplined enough to play solid defense? Will they slow England's game down? Some have said Dermott could, it is if they will. I'm going with England by 14
Earle vs WYC: Well, all indications say WYC will win by 16. Just kidding. Unfortunately, there is not much to say about this game. David vs Goliah, big vs small, weak vs strong, etc. If WYC watches Hoosiers, they will need to play like Hoosier boys to pull an upset. Stranger things have happened.....but it will be on Halloween. Earle, title contenders as well, by 22.
Blevins vs Augusta: Blevins had a solid team last year that was making headlines across the state. After losing several players, Blevins was suppose to be down, but alas, here they are again but as a 2 seed. In a school where basketball seems to rule, they just reload apparently. Augusta has started to peak at a critical time. As a 3 seed, I believe they would be a higher seed in other conferences. I think Augusta will win this one over Blevins. Augusta by 6
Let the games begin!

BoxNOne

Nice write up Yak. My picks are:

England by 10
Earle by 30+
Blevins by 5

Dogg

BoxNOne

Yea, my 30+ pick on Earle is looking good. Just too good for the west teams and definitely could win it all.

Dogg

March 08, 2015, 04:01:17 pm #4 Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:06:30 pm by Dogg
Doggs rolling

thabeast428

Just like them dragons was yesterday

NEAsupporter

What you feeling for today Yak?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas