• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 1 Girls

Started by Yak, March 07, 2015, 08:58:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Yak

Ok, JC Westside vs EPC, England vs Parkers Chapel, Mineral Springs vs Mt Pine

Upsets can happen, seeding may not be as important in the State as in regional, and of course dominant teams can run through the tournament like Spring Hill girls did last year. However, give thoughts and predictions, as well as a little match-up knowledge if you have any.

Mine are as follows: JC Westside vs EPC-Not for sure other than JC westside is back in the tournament from last year. According to their chatter boards, they are pretty dominant and have a very good record. I know nothing about EPC. I'll just go with JC Westside by 15
England vs Parkers Chapel-England is very talented, they have speed, size, and their coach does a great job. They apparently have played a tough schedule and picked up some quality wins. Rotate many players in and can play it slow or fast. PC has two quality ladies, a 1-2 punch which appears to be a 3 pointer player and then an inside player, and have been in the tournament before. They were riding a high and then lost in regionals to take a 4 seed into state. Very interesting match up, but I think England is too good. England wins by 16
Mineral Springs vs Mt Pine-Mineral Springs has speed. Then they have more speed. And to top it off, they have some speed. At least that is what I have been told. Fast break and score many points off steals and lay ups. Hustle very well. Played very good when it matters (their district and regional tournament, as they say, peaking at right time). Beat a very good Spring Hill team earlier in the season. Mt Pine is a Cinderella team if there is one. Playing in arguably one of the tougher conferences, defeated inner turmoil early and came on strong at the end. They have a few big, aggressive, post players mixed with a guard or two. This could possibly be an upset. I am going with Mt Pine by 2 over Mineral.

Let the games begin!

BoxNOne

JC Westside by 20 over EPC
England by 12 over PC
MS by 5 over Mountain Pine

hogfan32

Nice read. Good job Yak. Keep em comin throughout the following rounds!

Cheek

I will take Mt Pine over Mineral Spring.   The pressure will not effect Mt Pine, and they will dominate on the post.   I say Mt Pine by 12.

D-Dawg

someone told me the games are being live-streamed. Can anyone give me some info, a link, etc., on this?  Thanks to all the delays, I am going to be 1,500 miles away when my daughters play in Pangburn on Monday!

NEAsupporter

Any updates on that first girl's game?

RedWolf275

JC Westside over EPC by 5. I thought JCW might battle M'duke but judging by the score today against EPC I don't think so.

Neabasketball

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 07, 2015, 02:54:57 pm
JC Westside over EPC by 5. I thought JCW might battle M'duke but judging by the score today against EPC I don't think so.
Agree duke would blow them out of the gym!

Donnie Jamon

Yeah those girls wouldn't want to bring the ball up the court in the 4q against Duke

bighurt411

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 07, 2015, 08:10:41 pm
Yeah those girls wouldn't want to bring the ball up the court in the 4q against Duke
[/quote
I have not seen Marmaduke play and apparently they are really deep and talented, but don't give them the trophy just yet. They can have a bad game just like anyone else.

Cheek

The PG for JC Westside can really handle the ball, and will have no trouble with the press.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas