• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls title

Started by Neabasketball, March 04, 2015, 04:01:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who takes the girls state title home?

marmaduke
36 (61%)
England
7 (11.9%)
Mineral springs
2 (3.4%)
Spring hill
4 (6.8%)
Other team?
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 59

MikelB

Quote from: Neabasketball on March 07, 2015, 02:58:04 pm
I don't see Jc west side giving marmaduke Any trouble if they meet considering they how narrow of a win they had today against epc.

That's sort of a slap in the face to EPC, you're right JC Westside won't come close to Marmaduke but EPC was not a pushover. They played Marmaduke within 10 at the NEA, so let's give them a little credit because that's more than a whole LOT of teams has done this year.  I agree with what an earlier poster said all these teams must be able to play or they would not have made it through district and regionals. To even make an appearance in the state tourney was a big accomplishment for EPC and for that they should be commended because there were a lot of teams that didn't make it.....ok with that being said my rant is over and I pick Marmaduke all the way!

RedWolf275

Marmaduke 40 Hector 15 halftime

#1 seed not going down here lol.

hogfan32

Foreman girls, who Finished 4th in the 7-2A West beat Magnet Cove who finished 2nd respectively in their conference. No doubt the 7-2A is the most talented conference With Spring Hill, Mineral Springs, and Foreman.

1995fan

There is not a doubt in my mind that Marmaduke will be in the finals.  They are great outside shooters, have a bench that can produce, and a decent coach.  I have seen Bopp from Marmaduke shoot lights out and they have a post player knocking down 3's as well.  Any team is beatable but finding the Lady Greyhounds kryptonite will be the thing.

Cheek

Quote from: hogfan32 on March 08, 2015, 05:25:48 pm
Foreman girls, who Finished 4th in the 7-2A West beat Magnet Cove who finished 2nd respectively in their conference. No doubt the 7-2A is the most talented conference With Spring Hill, Mineral Springs, and Foreman.

I agree, they are much better than I expected.  I am more impressed with Foreman than SH or MS.

MSHS FAn

Quote from: Cheek on March 08, 2015, 10:16:55 pm
Quote from: hogfan32 on March 08, 2015, 05:25:48 pm

I agree, they are much better than I expected.  I am more impressed with Foreman than SH or MS.

I wasn't at the Sh game but I was at the MS game and I know for a fact that the girls from MS did not play their best ball and it almost cost em! The message the past few days has been about focus and coming to play every night and to never under estimate anybody because it's March Madness and anything can happen! They only hit two outside shots in that game and the physical post players from Mtn. Pine gave them trouble! They also had done a lot of traveling! The stayed in searcy Wednesday and Thursday! Came back Friday and had to make the 3 hour and 20 minute drive Saturday! They were a bit tired! Not making excuses I'm just saying I know that they can play better than they did Saturday!

hogfan32

I agree. MS is the most underrated team in the tourney. Both in boys and girls.

WPWells

Still not impressed with Westside?

RATTLER43

March 09, 2015, 09:11:31 pm #58 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:13:17 pm by RATTLER43
I am impressed.

Sport718

Probably better put JC Westside on the list. I think they might receive a vote or 2 based on that performance vs a good Foreman team in Round 2. I think it was 70-42! Very impressive. As good a point guard as I've ever seen and she is surrounded by a lot of weapons. Just saying respect is earned and I think they earned a little tonight.

Bigditchlion

England vs Marked tree today. What are your thoughts on the match up? Of course I'm pulling for the lions! Go lions!!!

RedWolf275

England by 15 or more.

Bigditchlion

Red you were right it was more

lionfan59

Looking forward to seeing the Lady Lions back in Hot Springs. Just one more hurdle Wednesday.

Neabasketball

Marmaduke and England will both roll tomorrow with 20 point plus I say and we will see a heck of a state title game sat! With duke knocking off England by 10

lionfan59

I'm with agreement on that one, minus the last part. England is ready to bring back home the championship trophy!!

DragonFan

State Championship game will be played tomorrow between JC Westside and Marmaduke!

lionfan59

DragonFan. Did you drink too much NyQuil????

Rackjack74

Quote from: DragonFan on March 10, 2015, 09:15:07 pm
State Championship game will be played tomorrow between JC Westside and Marmaduke!

From the games this week I would say that'll be right. All the girls teams remaining are tough but these two are very consistent. For it to turn out different the winning team Wednesday would have to have a bad shooting game in Hot Springs.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Big shout out to the Lady Mustangs making the Final 4!!   Great job ladies!!!   

BoxNOne

Spring Hill found out what I already knew. You don't run and gun with the Duke. You better have a game plan and don't just roll the ball out and think that's gonna work.

Bigditchlion

Great job England lions! Boys and girls final 4!!! Your city is behind ya!!!

lionfan59

Quote from: Rackjack74 on March 10, 2015, 11:25:42 pm
Quote from: DragonFan on March 10, 2015, 09:15:07 pm

From the games this week I would say that'll be right. All the girls teams remaining are tough but these two are very consistent. For it to turn out different the winning team Wednesday would have to have a bad shooting game in Hot Springs.

I remember people saying this about the Lady Lions a few years back.. We saw how we have done each time they have made it to Hot Springs.

RedWolf275

From that halftime score today, it looks like the Duke is the class of this girls field. Just like Spring Hill was last year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas