• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brinkley vs Junction city

Started by Redandwhite, March 02, 2015, 06:56:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redandwhite

Will Brinkley have a chance against them?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Of course, everyone from this point on has a chance. J.C . isn't the best team Brinkley has played this year.

bigworm

14  minutes and no post from THA TRUTH. what?

Bigditchlion

Brinkley has played some very solid competition thus far.  They can play!  Don't worry he wil be pounding the JC drum in a second. Haha  ;D

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 02, 2015, 07:08:47 pm
Of course, everyone from this point on has a chance. J.C . isn't the best team Brinkley has played this year.

I think Brinkley can play with JC if Green will work on the post instead of trying to play a guard.  Brinkley will do better if he will go with a three guard set.

keohog

Quote from: bigworm on March 02, 2015, 07:09:40 pm
14  minutes and no post from THA TRUTH. what?
Battery must be dead .

THA TRUTH

give me time haha but yea if jc plays their game Brinkley will then have played the best team they have all year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 02, 2015, 07:55:11 pm
give me time haha but yea if jc plays their game Brinkley will then have played the best team they have all year

No, you are wrong. They have played Clarendon more than once. So at best, J.C. would be the 2nd best team Brinkley has played. 😎

bigworm

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 02, 2015, 07:55:11 pm

there's THA TRUTH we know and love.

THA TRUTH

Let's see Clarendon and jc are just the same but jc has a lot more size so if jc plays there game it's the same as Clarendon just with another element that bell and Grayson bring that Clarendon doesn't have

THA TRUTH

But I will say jc does have a habit of coming in and not taking teams seriously unless they have a reason to get up like they did eldorado and like they will Clarendon if they play them they can't quite make up for it like they could in football

bigworm

How tall is grayson?  JC will have plenty to play for if they get to clarendon. Which i fully expect to happen. I just hope i can watch it. Will be epic.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 02, 2015, 08:04:32 pm
Let's see Clarendon and jc are just the same but jc has a lot more size so if jc plays there game it's the same as Clarendon just with another element that bell and Grayson bring that Clarendon doesn't have

But they are not the same, Clarendon is undefeated, probably quicker, and better shooters, J.C. doesn't have a basketball player the caliber of Ro either.

MomaLion

Brinkley has some size and has played us 3 times this year. I wouldn't underestimate them. As for Clarendon, we've shot much better this year so size hasn't been ad issue. Plus we've done a lot more half court ball this year.

THA TRUTH

I can respect momas opinion cause she isn't a bandwagon

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I'm not a bandwagoner either. I have more than one connection to Clarendon. But it's all good. My comments are true, that's the problem you have with them. Lol

THA TRUTH

But to pick the quickness and caliber of player are the ones I have to question cause jc has both Rogers and Grayson that are both players of Ro caliber and type one just bigger and also bell has been given the option of being able to play D1 basketball at la tech so I say he is a pretty good caliber player

Wonderdog

Junction City feeds off of their fast break and dunks. Do not get into a fast break battle with them, they will win. JC rebounds with the best of them as a unit. seems like 4 dragons are on the offensive board every possession. Play a fundamental zone defense and make them shoot it outside and you have a chance. They will hit some shots but are not an exceptional shooting team. They win most of their games on the back of a productive defense and getting to the basket on both ends. Definitely has a shot to win it all this year.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 02, 2015, 08:22:00 pm
I'm not a bandwagoner either. I have more than one connection to Clarendon. But it's all good. My comments are true, that's the problem you have with them. Lol

How are u not a bandwagoner??? U support the team that is number 1 and ur connection don't matter cause I have the same connection to smackover but u won't see me riding their jock in football when they win state next year

MomaLion

Ro is definitely special but it's the entire team that makes it work. Bam does a phenomenal job on the inside getting put backs and rebounds as well as a good perimeter shooter. Jr is super quick getting rebounds and getting to the basket as well as perimeter shooting, DJ is great on the outside as well as steals and blocks, Justice flat out hustles...then you have subs that are crazy good. They work extremely well together.

MomaLion

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 02, 2015, 08:18:54 pm
I can respect momas opinion cause she isn't a bandwagon
I appreciate that :) I love my kiddos!!!

THA TRUTH

And are probably better coached than jc

Wonderdog

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on March 02, 2015, 08:24:32 pm
Junction City feeds off of their fast break and dunks. Do not get into a fast break battle with them, they will win. JC rebounds with the best of them as a unit. seems like 4 dragons are on the offensive board every possession. Play a fundamental zone defense and make them shoot it outside and you have a chance. They will hit some shots but are not an exceptional shooting team. They win most of their games on the back of a productive defense and getting to the basket on both ends. Definitely has a shot to win it all this year.
One thing to add, if your kids play a physical game particularly against Bell, he will throw a temper tamtrum and get T'd. Seen it happen a few times in the regular season and again at regional.

MomaLion

I agree with you..but, what you just said also describes Clarendon and England.

MomaLion

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 02, 2015, 08:25:29 pm

How are u not a bandwagoner??? U support the team that is number 1 and ur connection don't matter cause I have the same connection to smackover but u won't see me riding their jock in football when they win state next year
Honestly Pick has supported Clarendon for as long as I've been on this site which was a very long time before I started posting.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 02, 2015, 08:25:29 pm

I have liked Clarendon basketball since jamarlin and my nephew played aau together, not to mention des arc is TERRIBLE in basketball, so I have to cheer for someone.

And in case you forgot, this is the same team that beat j.c. last year.

MomaLion

Ok, let's get back to Brinkley and JC lol...it'll be a great game.

THA TRUTH

Yea by a three at the buzzer u give jc the ball it coulda gone the same way just Clarendon had the last opportunity that don't make them better

THA TRUTH

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 02, 2015, 08:33:46 pm
Yea by a three at the buzzer u give jc the ball it coulda gone the same way just Clarendon had the last opportunity that don't make them better

But They won, correct?

MomaLion

Lol, I know...but honestly, one game at a time...Don't underestimate Brinkley.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 02, 2015, 08:35:25 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 02, 2015, 08:33:46 pm

But They won, correct?

Yes the record does show that they won and are consider the runner up which also called first loser

Wonderdog

Quote from: MomaLion on March 02, 2015, 08:29:26 pm
My assessment is for the Brinkley folks. If this information later applies to England or Clarendon feel free to reference it at that time once again. lol
Considering your input however, I hope I get to a JC/Clarendon match up.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on March 02, 2015, 08:39:05 pm
My assessment is for the Brinkley folks. If this information later applies to England or Clarendon feel free to reference it at that time once again. lol

Brinkley will run too, they have some athletes as well. Greene can be a beast if he wants to be.

MomaLion

Brinkley plays a lot like Clarendon, don't underestimate them.

THA TRUTH

That's just it they can't play like Clarendon and expect to win

THA TRUTH

They won't run and win this game

MomaLion

We will just have to wait and see. They will play a more physical game than Clarendon does.

THA TRUTH

I saw them play last year and they had two impressive kids but that was it those two carried them until foul trouble got them against cedar ridge

Wonderdog

Quote from: MomaLion on March 02, 2015, 08:45:12 pm
I have no plans to over/underestimate any of the teams. I have no ties to any team in the state tournament. Just gave a short assessment over Junction City since I have seen them play about 10-12 games THIS season. I hope they get a challenge and that I get to see it. I will unfortunately not get to see any of the state tournament. Just too far of a drive for me. I hope to see some title games though. I do believe however, that they will present the opportunity for a team to insert the dagger that could end their season if they do not perform better than they did against Blevins in the regional final. Blevins was very fundamentally sound, that kept them in the game for about 3 quarters. Blevins walked out on the floor and I said to my friend that JC was about to lay the smack down, then Blevins played fundamentally sound and surprised me with the results. They played above their potential according to my eye test in the pre-game, which isn't worth much to speak of haha.

THA TRUTH

Jc shot free throws horribly against Blevins and that's what truly cost them against Clarendon last year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on March 02, 2015, 09:51:16 pm
I have no plans to over/underestimate any of the teams. I have no ties to any team in the state tournament. Just gave a short assessment over Junction City since I have seen them play about 10-12 games THIS season. I hope they get a challenge and that I get to see it. I will unfortunately not get to see any of the state tournament. Just too far of a drive for me. I hope to see some title games though. I do believe however, that they will present the opportunity for a team to insert the dagger that could end their season if they do not perform better than they did against Blevins in the regional final. Blevins was very fundamentally sound, that kept them in the game for about 3 quarters. Blevins walked out on the floor and I said to my friend that JC was about to lay the smack down, then Blevins played fundamentally sound and surprised me with the results. They played above their potential according to my eye test in the pre-game, which isn't worth much to speak of haha.

Nice assessment, Brinkley will pass the "eye test", it's the fundamentally sound part that will be the deciding factor, they can play that way, but do not do it all the time. If this is one of the games they do, they will present a challenge for J.C.

Wonderdog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 02, 2015, 10:37:51 pm
Quote from: Wonderdog09 on March 02, 2015, 09:51:16 pm

Nice assessment, Brinkley will pass the "eye test", it's the fundamentally sound part that will be the deciding factor, they can play that way, but do not do it all the time. If this is one of the games they do, they will present a challenge for J.C.
Something that may come back to bite JC is that they haven't had many close games this year. Only a select few games of their's has been decided by single digits. Seems like there is a team or two that has that same scenario every year and drops one because of the tight game pressure. JC has played well in tight games the few times i have seen them in that situation. They will be a tough out.

smackdat014

thabeast428

jbtiger73

Lions84

This should be a stiff Test for JC.  Buck is pretty solid this year.

THA TRUTH

Was it a stiff test for Clarendon???

jbtiger73

Quote from: Lions84 on March 03, 2015, 10:30:56 am
This should be a stiff Test for JC.  Buck is pretty solid this year.
With mostly Jr's and soph's on the team. only 2 sr's. one is a starting guard, and the only white kid on the team, so you can't miss him. and the other doesn't register any minutes.

Lions84

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 03, 2015, 10:32:13 am
Was it a stiff test for Clarendon???

They are our cross county Rivals  Yes it is always a battle like JC and Bearden in Football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas