• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

Started by Brian G, March 01, 2015, 12:28:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Brian G

I'd like to use this thread for local info (like places to eat) as well as overall chatter about the games.

Scores will be on a separate thread each day.  Feel free to start other topics but lets try to gather here for one stop shopping.

HorseFeathers

2a state officially pushed back one day due to west region post poning today

MomaLion

mtindian42

MomaLion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

With more winter weather forecast for Wednesday- Thursday, you bout can bet on more delays.

MomaLion

I'm about tired of taking vacation and having everything upended. I went to Clarksville to get my daughter from college and back to Mt Ida for our regional and it was clear.

HorseFeathers

eureka springs is about 2 hours north of clarksville momalion.....they are the ones that keep saying they can.t make it....

THA TRUTH

If the weather delays is there a way that they can play the state tournament at two gyms

sports03

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2015, 07:10:39 pm
eureka springs is about 2 hours north of clarksville momalion.....they are the ones that keep saying they can.t make it....
I just saw where Eureka Springs is closed tomorrow.  They have rearranged the schedule at Westside tomorrow to hopefully allow the roads to melt as much as possible before they drive down.  That area received more ice than snow over the weekend.

MikelB

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2015, 02:39:16 pm

Seriously? Some of us need to change plans if this is the case...wonder when team's will be notified?

Brian G

Quote from: MikelB on March 01, 2015, 07:39:52 pm
Quote from: HF on March 01, 2015, 02:39:16 pm

Seriously? Some of us need to change plans if this is the case...wonder when team's will be notified?
It's official.

See thread title.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

It's going to get changed again, don't think they will get in a full day Wednesday or Thursday.

Donnie Jamon

I agree pick. More freezing rain coming in Wednesday and the temp will be low 20s in some areas. 

Lions84

The AAA got to get some back up spots set up so we can avoid so many of these delays.

BoxNOne

Just looking at the weather forecast, this tournament is going to get started about Friday.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Madmax

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on March 03, 2015, 07:31:39 am
Will the west regional be completed today?
Yes.  Girls final - JC Westside vs. Quitman, 1:00.
                    Boys final - Eureka Springs vs. Conway St. Joe, 2:30

MikelB

Will it get called today or do yall think we will be prepared to start tomorrow and then it get postponed?

Hootiethehog

If everything is pushed back a day, are they going to play the semifinals on Sunday, or will they wait until Monday?

THA TRUTH

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 03, 2015, 11:14:17 am
Need to wait til Monday I don't like playing on Sunday's

Aren't you a little old to be playing? Lol

ballmember

B.G., unable to get brackets for 1A and 2A with teams on them. Blank brackets;  other classifications work as stated.  Thanks. 

Brian G

Sweet

This is the NOAA forecast. TV stations were double these amounts.

Tonight Rain. Low around 39. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday Rain before noon, then freezing rain and sleet between noon and 3pm, then snow and sleet after 3pm. Temperature falling to around 26 by 5pm. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.

Wednesday Night Snow and sleet, becoming all snow after 7pm. Low around 18. Wind chill values as low as 6. North wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sweet on March 03, 2015, 09:42:08 pm
This is the NOAA forecast. TV stations were double these amounts.

Tonight Rain. Low around 39. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday Rain before noon, then freezing rain and sleet between noon and 3pm, then snow and sleet after 3pm. Temperature falling to around 26 by 5pm. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.

Wednesday Night Snow and sleet, becoming all snow after 7pm. Low around 18. Wind chill values as low as 6. North wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

What area is this for?

bleudog

Twitter:

ArkActAssn (AAA)               ‏@ArkActAssnAAA

All state basketball tournaments have been postponed today.

9:12 AM - 4 Mar 2015

Lions84

bleudog

Twitter:

ArkActAssn (AAA)
‏@ArkActAssnAAA

All State Basketball Tournaments postponed today...will resume tomorrow March 6.

7:32 AM - 5 Mar 2015

bleudog

From the AAA twitter account:

2015 Basketball Finals Schedule: Saturday, March 14th

11:00 am 7A Boys
12:45 pm 7A Girls
  2:30 pm 2A Boys
  4:15 pm 2A Girls

6:00 pm 5A Boys
  7:45 pm 5A Girls

thabeast428

That's about right playing early. I want be off til 12 at the earliest

Bigditchlion

I've heard there will a run on tickets which will leave the 2a fans going up there but not finding a ticket due to the 7a filling the arena. Any truth to this??

CathywithaC

Based on my experience the past several years, you won't have a problem.  Crowd will thin after 7A boys game.  Fayetteville doesn't bring that many fans.

Sport718

Hats off to Pangburn for putting on a great tournament. Final four will be one to remember!

keohog

Quote from: Sport718 on March 11, 2015, 12:40:45 am
Hats off to Pangburn for putting on a great tournament. Final four will be one to remember!
+1

lionfan59

ONLY BAD thing with Pangburn was that it reminded me why I HATE AT&T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: lionfan59 on March 12, 2015, 02:55:58 pm
ONLY BAD thing with Pangburn was that it reminded me why I HATE AT&T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verizon wasn't much better.

lionfan59

I was sitting there begging just to get on "E"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas