• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early State Champ Predictions

Started by Mr. Trill, February 23, 2015, 09:35:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Will Win It All?

Clarendon
33 (30.8%)
Earle
16 (15%)
B.I.C.
5 (4.7%)
Junction City
32 (29.9%)
Another Squad
21 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 107

NEAsupporter

I could bring up a lot of the classless acts from your team and your illegal player but I'm gonna keep it classy and not post it on here because I'm not gonna talk badly about kids that are in high school. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like BIC does no wrong, but, if we're being honest, how many programs in the 2a-3 are innocent? It's no secret that I'm not a fan of EPC but I still wished yall as well as all the other teams in the 2a-3 good luck because I would like our conference to make a good showing in state. And yeah, BIC might get beat today but we played good when we needed to and did good enough to get to the Final Four whereas yall didn't. Sorry about that.

Dragon I

JERRY, JERRY, JERRY! 

(Springer.  Get it?)

NEAsupporter

Quote from: bbfan89 on March 11, 2015, 07:30:17 am
No secret I don't care for BIC.  Most people in NEA don't. Yes EPC lost, but did win three of the five meetings with BIC this year.  As for why I do not like BIC. They cheat, recruit and tend to go on social media as #2 did after EPC lost and show exactly how classless they are. I will post what I want when I want and hopefully you and the rest of the mustang fans can join us on the irrelevant list......GO DRAGONS   
And yall never get on social media at all? Pretty sure before the district semi-finals yall were blowing it up with senseless stuff. Ohh well. It's always BIC's fault, I know. We are an evil empire and EPC can do no wrong. Shouldn't even be spending my time arguing with you because we are never gonna agree. Anyways, congrats to ALL the teams that made it to semi finals! It's a huge accomplishment and I hope everyone plays well today. Hope to see some good games.

NEAsupporter

Quote from: Dragon I on March 11, 2015, 07:49:04 am
JERRY, JERRY, JERRY! 

(Springer.  Get it?)
Hey now, I seen you going at it with them Earle fans last night on here lol.

Hawkeyes

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 09, 2015, 07:27:48 pm
There was a kid cussing on the team and the kid kept making them run laps. Scales told the coach to handle it or he would. The coach never would do anything but keep making them run. Scales said he isn't running anymore for that crap and got his stuff and left.  The coach also suspended Scales 3 games for visiting Arkansas about walking on. The coach only suspended 3 boys for robbing a kid 2 games. Get that!
Don't think Bic has had any players commit a robbery think that's just a little worse than something being said on social medial

Dragon I

LOL!  That's why I love these boards.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Hawkeyes on March 11, 2015, 08:01:37 am
There was a kid cussing on the team and the kid kept making them run laps. Scales told the coach to handle it or he would. The coach never would do anything but keep making them run. Scales said he isn't running anymore for that crap and got his stuff and left.  The coach also suspended Scales 3 games for visiting Arkansas about walking on. The coach only suspended 3 boys for robbing a kid 2 games. Get that!
Don't think Bic has had any players commit a robbery think that's just a little worse than something being said on social medial
Probably depends on whats being said. Technically it was robbery but they were playing a joke to scare a kid they used to go to school with. They got community service for it and fined. lessons learned, it could have been worse if they had done it to the wrong person.

And Ive read the things these kids form BIC have sent to EPC players. so dont jump on your moral high ground.

NEAsupporter

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 11, 2015, 08:41:53 am
Probably depends on whats being said. Technically it was robbery but they were playing a joke to scare a kid they used to go to school with. They got community service for it and fined. lessons learned, it could have been worse if they had done it to the wrong person.

And Ive read the things these kids form BIC have sent to EPC players. so dont jump on your moral high ground.
And I've read some of the things that EPC players have sent BIC players. Both should be keeping stuff off social media and take the high road but you can't call out one without calling out the other.

bdubyab60

Quote from: NEAsupporter on March 11, 2015, 08:51:48 am

And I've read some of the things that EPC players have sent BIC players. Both should be keeping stuff off social media and take the high road but you can't call out one without calling out the other.
Ill agree that these kids shouldnt be on social media.

Hawkeyes

I'm not jumping on any high ground, I realize the BIC kids are no angels far from it but robbery is robbery and that's a fact. The point that they only got suspended for 2 games for it doesn't say a lot either especially considering how the Scales kid was handled. Sounds like the coach had it in for Scales and not the 3 criminals. For the record I was pulling for Epc and really think they had a good shot at beating JC but we will never know now that your coach decided to prove some kind of point instead of putting his best team on the floor in the most important game of the yr

Idoknow

March 11, 2015, 09:16:33 am #660 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:47:26 am by Idoknow
I know the 2A-3 has a strong BB conference, but it seem's to me the Coaches and Players don't like each other. Have they ever been able to get along?

NEAsupporter

Quote from: Idoknow on March 11, 2015, 09:16:33 am
I know the 2-3A has a strong BB conference, but it seem's to me the Coaches and Players don't like each other. Have they ever been able to get along?
Not really.

Shack106

Im an Earle fan and I'm rooting for BIC over JC today. If BIC shoots well from the outside, like they usually do, they should win. From what I've read JC dunks all their points. So all BIC has to do is trade baskets

BoxNOne

Quote from: NEAsupporter on March 11, 2015, 07:44:21 am
I could bring up a lot of the classless acts from your team and your illegal player but I'm gonna keep it classy and not post it on here because I'm not gonna talk badly about kids that are in high school. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like BIC does no wrong, but, if we're being honest, how many programs in the 2a-3 are innocent? It's no secret that I'm not a fan of EPC but I still wished yall as well as all the other teams in the 2a-3 good luck because I would like our conference to make a good showing in state. And yeah, BIC might get beat today but we played good when we needed to and did good enough to get to the Final Four whereas yall didn't. Sorry about that.

I wouldn't be lumping the rest of the 2A-3 into this argument without specifics. Let' hear them.

NEAsupporter

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 11, 2015, 10:14:46 am
Quote from: NEAsupporter on March 11, 2015, 07:44:21 am

I wouldn't be lumping the rest of the 2A-3 into this argument without specifics. Let' hear them.
Man, this arguments already been settled. Chill. Didn't mean to upset you Riverside folks.

Hawkeyes

Quote from: lionfan59 on March 10, 2015, 06:33:55 pm
NE Arkansas showed real class last night. Between the Mark Tree kid throwing the ball and the Earl team watching the game trying to cause trouble.  I'll give JC credit they just watched the game mostly,  unlike a Earl.  So with that said. England and JC in a Hot Springs!!!! Go LIONS
4 out of the 8 teams left from the same conference ;)

lionfan59

Quote from: Hawkeyes on March 11, 2015, 10:43:56 am
NE Arkansas showed real class last night. Between the Mark Tree kid throwing the ball and the Earl team watching the game trying to cause trouble.  I'll give JC credit they just watched the game mostly,  unlike a Earl.  So with that said. England and JC in a Hot Springs!!!! Go LIONS
This means what??? That the NE part of the state has class?  Well how two of those teams acted sure is not helping your cause.  And by reading the comments between EPC and BIC looks like im not the only that have noticed that. 

BigLion10

Good luck to the right teams remaining that are playing today

Idoknow

Which teams other than the Doggs have the best chance to advance.

NEAsupporter

Good luck to all of the teams playing today.

Hawkeyes

Quote from: lionfan59 on March 11, 2015, 10:48:27 am
This means what??? That the NE part of the state has class?  Well how two of those teams acted sure is not helping your cause.  And by reading the comments between EPC and BIC looks like im not the only that have noticed that.
It means they have best basketball conference in the state in AA and it's not even a close race

bleudog

March 11, 2015, 11:48:24 am #671 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:51:02 am by bleudog
Quote from: bbfan89 on March 10, 2015, 10:24:04 pm
I hope the Junction kids get their rest tonight. BIC playing early today might give them a leg up. I want Junction to take BIC to the woodshed.  After that I don't really care who wins, I just want to see a good game in the finals. JC better pick the shooters up coming off of the bus and play smart, BIC draws a bunch of charges and they get away with the push off every trip down the floor.  Please JC, don't let Taylor get in your head, remember what happened when a James Anderson led JC squad fell to BIC a few years back.   

I'm not sure how many of the JC basketball players were also football players, but anybody who ever went through Coach Carpenter's football practices should have no problem at all playing two basketball games in two days.  ;D

Didn't BIC host the state tournament in JA's junior or sophomore year when JC lost to BIC?  If I remember right, those refs acted like they'd never seen anybody do on a basketball court what James could do.  BIC's coach's son seemed to have every borderline call go his way.  Help me out TT or DI, I'm too old to remember all those details. ;)

Hawkeyes

March 11, 2015, 11:48:56 am #672 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:55:22 am by Hawkeyes
Quote from: Idoknow on March 11, 2015, 10:51:32 am
Which teams other than the Doggs have the best chance to advance.
In my opinion Earle and Duke are going to be blowouts and both Bic teams have a fair shot with the boys team having the best chance

THA TRUTH

Quote from: bleudog on March 11, 2015, 11:48:24 am
I hope the Junction kids get their rest tonight. BIC playing early today might give them a leg up. I want Junction to take BIC to the woodshed.  After that I don't really care who wins, I just want to see a good game in the finals. JC better pick the shooters up coming off of the bus and play smart, BIC draws a bunch of charges and they get away with the push off every trip down the floor.  Please JC, don't let Taylor get in your head, remember what happened when a James Anderson led JC squad fell to BIC a few years back.   

I'm not sure how many of the JC basketball players were also football players, but anybody who ever went through Coach Carpenter's football practices should have no problem at all playing two basketball games in two days.  ;D

Didn't BIC host the state tournament in JA's junior or sophomore year when JC lost to BIC?  If I remember right, those refs acted like they'd never seen anybody do on a basketball court what James could do.  BIC's coach's son seemed to have every borderline call go his way.  Help me out TT or DI, I'm too old to remember all those details. ;)

That was at jesseville and yea brooks got quite a few calls I met him the year before in the state baseball tourney and thought highly of him but that all changed after that state bball tourney and a trip to the xtra innings classic

NEAsupporter

Quote from: bleudog on March 11, 2015, 11:48:24 am

No. BIC has only hosted state one time and that was when the Fowler girl was a freshman. Our boys didn't even make it when we hosted.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

2006 was at Danville. BIC defeated Danville,JC ,VS   & Altheimer at Alltel
My son got to play in 3 of the 4 & Actually held JA scoreless for about 3minutes. He used to tell me everytime we would see JA on television. lol!

THA TRUTH

2006 was at jesseville cause jc lost there in 2007 it was at Danville where jc won the tourney by beating bigelow riverside and Earle to get to finals to play jesseville

bleudog

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 11, 2015, 02:39:28 pm
2006 was at jesseville cause jc lost there in 2007 it was at Danville where jc won the tourney by beating bigelow riverside and Earle to get to finals to play jesseville

Got to go with TT on 2007 being in Danville:

Quote from: bleudog on March 04, 2007, 09:41:13 am
El Dorado News Times  3/4/07   

Dragons top Earle Junction to play in title game

By TONY BURNS    For the Sunday News
   DANVILLE – James Anderson scored 43 points and grabbed 20 rebounds Saturday night to lead Junction City to an amazing 75-72 victory over Earle in the 2A State semifinals. The Dragons (31-3) will play Jessieville for the state championship next week in Hot Springs.
   Junction City trailed 55-48 going into the fourth quarter before Anderson took over, scoring 16 points in the final period in an incredible state tournament matchup.
   "This was about as good as you can get for the state finals," said Junction City coach Joe Paul Hammett. "We hung in there and kept playing. It was a team effort, defensively. James had a big night. He wasn't going to be denied. He helped carry us tonight. I told them all along, if we play defense, which, it doesn't look like it but we played some."
   Trailing by seven to start the fourth, Shumeecio Lark scored for the Dragons before Anderson scored on a drive to the basket.
   Earle's Ronnie Davis hit a jumper but Lark's 3-pointer cut the lead to 57-55. Moments later, Herbert Flowers picked up a steal and passed ahead to Anderson for a dunk, tying the game 57-57 with 5:35 left to play.
   The Bulldogs answered with a 3-pointer by Steven Meredith. Jeffery Cowser hit a free throw for the Dragons but Davis hit two at the line for Earle. Flowers scored on a drive for Junction City but Davis' area code 3-pointer gave the Bulldogs a 65-63 lead with 3:38 remaining.
   That's when Anderson went postal, clearing a defensive rebound and heading up the right side of the court. The McDonald's All-American crossed over a defender and went down the lane for a twohand dunk that rocked the jam-packed gymnasium and tied the game.
   Anderson scored twice more, each time getting his own rebound and laying it in as Junction City built a 69-65 lead with 2:08 left.
   Meredith scored for Earle before Anderson hit a free throw for a three-point lead with 1:36 remaining. After the Bulldogs were called for an illegal screen, Anderson was fouled and hit two free throws with 31.5 seconds left, pushing the lead to 71-67. Earle didn't quit as Davis, an unbelievably quick senior point guard, drilled a long 3-pointer to cut the lead to two with 21.8 seconds left.
   The Bulldogs fouled Anthony Carter, who knocked down both ends of the 1-and-1. Earle tried to answer quickly but the Dragons, with Anderson guarding Davis, forced the Bulldogs to take time off the clock. Finally, with 5.9 ticks on the clock, Daniel Hurst was fouled and hit two free throws, cutting the lead to 74-72. Junction City inbounded the ball to Flowers, who hit one free throw with five seconds left. The Bulldogs got off a desperation 3-point attempt, which was no good at the buzzer as the Dragons staved off a dangerous foe on their way to the state finals.   
   "I knew Earle was probably the best team from that region," said Hammett. "We saw some quickness we hadn't seen all year. (Ronnie Davis) is about as good a guard as you're going to see.
   "James really took it on himself to get us a shot and he a couple big ones. Anthony and Jeffery hit some big free throws."
   Lark scored 18 points with seven rebounds for Junction City. Davis finished with 26 points for Earle with Darron Weedon adding 14 and Corbin McKenzie 10.
   Anderson left the game with an injury with 3:31 left in the second quarter but the Dragons held ground until he came back. Lark's layup gave Junction City a 33-32 halftime lead. Behind the hot hand of Davis, Earle controlled the third, building a 48-40 lead with 1:54 left in the quarter. Anderson came back with a 3-pointer but the Bulldogs still pushed the lead to 53-45.
   Anderson then launched a 3-pointer from the "J" in the LITTLE JOHNS that was printed on the court, cutting the margin to seven going into the final period. The game was played in front of a jampacked gymnasium, which was rocking down the stretch.   
   "I appreciate all the fans. We had a good crowd come up here," said Hammett, who added, "We've got one more to go."

bbfan89

A very entertaining day of basketball, especially the last game. England vs. Junction will be very good contest. Good luck to the Marmaduke girls, like they need it.

keohog

Quote from: Mr. Trill on March 10, 2015, 10:54:14 pm
If B.I.C defeats JC I would feel a little bit more comfortable knowing Earle could have a good chance on taking thwthe crown.
Over looked England huh.

Dragon I

Me and TT were talking about that earlier.  Last night an Earle fan turned to us and said, "we'll see y'all in Hot Springs.". LOL!  Maybe they're just coming to watch?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on March 11, 2015, 10:11:12 pm
Me and TT were talking about that earlier.  Last night an Earle fan turned to us and said, "we'll see y'all in Hot Springs.". LOL!  Maybe they're just coming to watch?

I tried to warn them, but I'm just a dumb ole des arcian, who doesn't know good basketball if it bit me. Lol

keohog

Quote from: Dragon I on March 11, 2015, 10:11:12 pm
LOL

bigworm

Outside of us england folks, pick was the only one that gave us a shot. Pick, is a smart man. But i still dont understand how he watches a game with all that hair down in his eyes.  ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on March 11, 2015, 10:34:22 pm
Outside of us england folks, pick was the only one that gave us a shot. Pick, is a smart man. But i still dont understand how he watches a game with all that hair down in his eyes.  ;D

Lol, I learned to adjust to it and LOTS of hair spray and gel.

keohog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 11, 2015, 10:36:53 pm

That's why it shines so bright.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: keohog on March 11, 2015, 10:45:54 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 11, 2015, 10:36:53 pm

That's why it shines so bright.

That and I never ever wash it with shampoo. 👴

Bigditchlion

That dude has a MOP! Started to ask him if he needed one of my daughters hair bands.

Pick you and momalion were the only ones to give England any props.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 11, 2015, 02:39:28 pm
I stand corrected.  Got my years mixed up. Pulled out the old DVD!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 11, 2015, 11:16:47 pm
That dude has a MOP! Started to ask him if he needed one of my daughters hair bands.

Pick you and momalion were the only ones to give England any props.

That's why I had to start standing along the upper deck, my hair was obstructing others view of the court.

NEAsupporter

BIC boys and girls have finished state-runner up and state top four in other sports this year along with both finishing in the Final Four tonight. Just can't seem to get that championship. Maybe our girls can do it in softball. They'll be stout this year.

MomaLion

Hey now, I have supported y'all  ;)

bigworm

Quote from: MomaLion on March 12, 2015, 01:54:55 am

my bad maaaa.

MomaLion

Quote from: bigworm on March 12, 2015, 11:33:09 am
Quote from: MomaLion on March 12, 2015, 01:54:55 am

my bad maaaa.
Lol

Ctucker

Mustang I will say one thing BIC has a real good coach and pike is a stud but I'm sure you already new that is he going to play basketball in college

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: ISU7 on February 24, 2015, 04:45:53 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 24, 2015, 09:49:38 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 24, 2015, 09:01:53 am
The Doggs will win

Not so sure about that.
Well  who are you SURE about Pick and what's tonights winning lotto #'s lol just messing with you Pick.. 8)

I was SURE on this, lol.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

March 13, 2015, 10:16:05 pm #696 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:28:31 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 26, 2015, 07:17:32 pm
Out of the teams y'all beat your chests about beating, only McClellan is even going to make state in their classification. What's honestly so impressive about any of these wins?

Dang dude, another miss by your predictions, lol.

You can adjust your predictions if you want 12th man. 😁

WPWells

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 13, 2015, 10:16:05 pm
Out of the teams y'all beat your chests about beating, only McClellan is even going to make state in their classification. What's honestly so impressive about any of these wins?

You're welcome to adjust your prediction of Clarendon winning it all as well

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 13, 2015, 10:31:13 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 13, 2015, 10:16:05 pm

You're welcome to adjust your prediction of Clarendon winning it all as well

I did. Lol,

That's when I turned against Earle. 😁

Check your p.m.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas