• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A East Region at Mount Ida

Started by HorseFeathers, February 23, 2015, 07:26:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

February 23, 2015, 07:26:45 pm Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:30:42 pm by HF
*Edited to reflect the assumed schedule moved back 1 day, with finals and consolation pushed back to Monday night.

Boys Division

Quarterfinals

Game 1 (Thursday 5:30)
#1 Clarendon
vs
#4 Ouachita Warriors

Game 2 (Friday 5:30)
#2 Poyen Indians
vs
#3 Augusta Red Devils

Game 3 (Thursday 8:30)
#1 England Lions
vs
#4 Kip Delta Kipsters

Game 4 (Friday 8:30)
#2 Brinkley
vs
#3 Mt Ida Lions

Semi Finals

Game 5 Saturday 5:30
Winner Game 1
vs
Winner Game 2

Game 6 Saturday 8:30
Winner Game 3
vs
Winner game 4

Consolation

Game 7 (Monday 1:30)
Loser Game #5
vs
Loser #6

Finals

Game 8 (Monday 7:30)
Winner Game #5
vs
Winner #6

Girls Division

Quarterfinals

Game 1 (Thursday 4:00)
#1 Clarendon
vs
#4 Mountain Pine Lady Red Devils

Game 2 (Friday 4:00)
#2 Magnet Cove Lady Panthers
vs
#3 Carlisle Lady Bison

Game 3 (Thursday 7:00)
#1 England Lady Lions
vs
#4 Des Arc Lady Eagles

Game 4 (Friday 7:00)
#2 Hazen
vs
#3 Poyen Lady Indians

Semi Finals

Game 5 Saturday 4:00
Winner Game 1
vs
Winner Game 2

Game 6 Saturday 7:00
Winner Game 3
vs
Winner game 4

Consolation

Game 8 (Monday 12:00)
Loser Game #5
vs
Loser #6

Finals

Game 8 (Monday 6:00)
Winner Game #5
vs
Winner game #6

Cheek

HorseFeathers

The Kipsters will teach the Lions how to play Ball :D

Cheek

Quote from: HF on February 23, 2015, 08:19:58 pm
The Kipsters will teach the Lions how to play Ball :D

Thanks for the support.

HorseFeathers

jsky14

Kipster-sounds like a pledge to the rich kid fraternity.

"Thank you, sir. May I have another?"

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jsky14 on February 23, 2015, 09:00:11 pm
Kipster-sounds like a pledge to the rich kid fraternity.

"Thank you, sir. May I have another?"

I don't know if they actually have a mascot or not, just remembered somebody calling them the Kipsters a couple years ago at region so that's what they got stuck with haha

Cheek

Will the 6AA be able to finish district tomorrow?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 23, 2015, 09:51:28 pm

Yea, unless some unforseen circumstances happen.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 23, 2015, 10:18:27 pm

Do you think Brinkley can pull off an upset?

bigworm

Quote from: Cheek on February 23, 2015, 10:32:35 pm

nope. But mt ida can.

MomaLion

Kipp is Blue Hornets, no Brinkley won't pull an upset, yes we will play tomorrow and it depends on which Kipp team shows up to play...sometimes very good and sometimes not.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MomaLion on February 23, 2015, 11:20:06 pm
Kipp is Blue Hornets, no Brinkley won't pull an upset, yes we will play tomorrow and it depends on which Kipp team shows up to play...sometimes very good and sometimes not.
thanks....last year they were the only team in their region to not have a mascot on anything that listed the teams. Thnk the aaa book even had them as the kipsters. Which after some research that.s what they call all of their students...

jbtiger73

i think we can momalion. If we can control the inside, like I know we can. Then there's the chance there.

MomaLion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on February 23, 2015, 10:41:10 pm
Quote from: Cheek on February 23, 2015, 10:32:35 pm

nope. But mt ida can.

No, I don't Cheek.

Bigworm, the only way Ida stays within 20 is with major help from the zebras, which I guess cheek said that was going to happen.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 24, 2015, 09:51:56 am
Sorry JB, not happening.

Have they decided to play the finals, or go with the higher seeds.  I am sure Hazen does not want to play since their girls would be the one seed if they don't. 

MomaLion

That was my worry about Hazen as well Cheek but I'm sure the school doesn't want to lose the money from a guaranteed to be packed game....I'm sure they don't fill the gym like that often. As of now the games will be played tonight.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

There will not be ANY regional games played tomorrow. Be lucky to get started Friday. ❄❄❄❄

MomaLion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

jbtiger73

Im a 2A-6 Guy through and through. But I don't see any of the teams from the 6 on the girls side qualifying for state. Just from what I've see, I definitely would be suprised. Im definitely hoping so.

MomaLion

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 24, 2015, 04:10:29 pm
I say we send 2 girls to state.

The 6AA will be favored in three of the four boys games.  I would say that all 5AA girls teams should be favored.  But to be honest, this is tournament basketball and one bad game can send you to the house. 

BrianfromCarlisle

Clarendon girls moved up a freshman that has been a MAJOR difference for them.  They will be an extremely tough out.

keohog

I think the 5 will sweep the girls. England Boys win and Mt. Ida pulling an upset because there at home.

BrianfromCarlisle

Clarendon girls will win at least their first game. They are playing very well

Cheek

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 24, 2015, 09:11:53 pm

They got s bad draw for the first round.  Mt Pine moved up couple of freshmen who give them some needed depth.   I will have to go with Mt Pine in this game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 24, 2015, 09:19:40 pm

They got s bad draw for the first round.  Mt Pine moved up couple of freshmen who give them some needed depth.   I will have to go with Mt Pine in this game.

You homer cheek. Lol

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 24, 2015, 09:20:44 pm

You homer cheek. Lol

No more than you Pick.  This is an honest assessment.  I think the girls team with the best chance against the 5AA is Carlisle.  I would much rather play Magnet Cove than Mt Pine right now. 

MomaLion

I say Clarendon gets the first round win unless playing back to ball nights hurt them. They are rolling right now.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 24, 2015, 09:30:22 pm

You homer cheek. Lol

No more than you Pick.  This is an honest assessment.  I think the girls team with the best chance against the 5AA is Carlisle.  I would much rather play Magnet Cove than Mt Pine right now.

I been taking lessons from you. Lol

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 24, 2015, 09:42:05 pm
Quote from: Cheek on February 24, 2015, 09:30:22 pm

You homer cheek. Lol

I been taking lessons from you. Lol

The 6AA is our true conference.  The AAA just shipped us across the state to mess with us.  We are making every effort to beat the he$& out of them so they will send us back.  I think it might be working.😝

Bigditchlion

They might cheek after this year basketball and next years football.  ;D

MomaLion

No games today...will play tomorrow same times.

Cheek

February 25, 2015, 10:14:24 am #35 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:16:30 am by Cheek
Quote from: MomaLion on February 25, 2015, 09:47:02 am
No games today...will play tomorrow same times.

It is official.

jbtiger73

I'll be saying "not happening" to the lions in football next season also, momalion. lol. so enjoy

Bigditchlion

I guess we will see about next football season! First things first let's hope the purple Lions can stay on the winning streak they have been on.

jbtiger73

I'm very curious on how Augusta is gonna handle big Goodman, from Poyen. and if they get past the red devils, how they would match up with the red lions as far as inside play goes. because Goodman is gonna get his

M.I Time

If goodman plays physical like he can then it will be very hard to beat them . Your only hope is fouls trouble early . Then they fall apart

jbtiger73

last year, he had 17 against us, but the guy coming in after him wasn't that great. so we capitalized. and also, they did a great job during regulation slowing us down and keeping it at a steady pace. but in overtime, they tried to run with us, and big Goodman just couldn't hang.

bigworm

That big joker aint built for runnin.

BrianfromCarlisle

Maybe Augusta will utilize the 6'7" guy they have.

jbtiger73

heck no, he aint. did see where he signed to play football at Arkansas Tech though. haven't seen him play football. I mean, he's definitely would be dominating at the 2A level. but hopefully he works on his feet. maybe he can be the Dan Skipper of NCAA Div. II.

jbtiger73

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 25, 2015, 02:44:07 pm
Maybe Augusta will utilize the 6'7" guy they have.
not to down rate anyone, but ever since that leg injury he suffered against us in football, he's played very, very soft. that's why I was telling people on another post, that if we were to attack their inside often, then we would definitely beat them. and we did. Goodman might kill this kid if that's the case.

Lions84

I expect the Lions from Clarendon to ROAR this week some more and I expect the rest of the 6AA to get their licks in too and win some Regional games.

BrianfromCarlisle

I was wondering why he wasn't more of a factor.

M.I Time

Goodman is no Skipper lol . He's got the size and the speed for a lineman but he plays really soft . That's why he landed a D2 spot Instead of a D1. But he is most certainly a big feller . And with a little help he could do big things in D2 just gotta get mean

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: M.I Time on February 25, 2015, 04:29:55 pm
Goodman is no Skipper lol . He's got the size and the speed for a lineman but he plays really soft . That's why he landed a D2 spot Instead of a D1. But he is most certainly a big feller . And with a little help he could do big things in D2 just gotta get mean

For some reason, that mean streak, seems to be You are either born with it or you don't have. Doesn't seem to be something that can be developed very often.

M.I Time

He's a good hearted kid just wish he had that meanness that would really allow him to do work at the college level

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas