• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ICC vs. Conway

Started by D6Bound, December 27, 2018, 09:08:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

D6Bound

Moonshiner

D6Bound

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 27, 2018, 09:11:33 pm
Where is this tournament?
Highland. Semi finals of Ronnie Brogdon Classic

Gravelbar

Conway's quick and will press the pants off you...better be ready to have your ball handling skills honed..this will be interesting...might have to make the trip north today.

D6Bound

December 28, 2018, 09:43:30 pm #4 Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:52:29 pm by D6Bound
ICC lost by 9 from free throws down the stretch. Don't remember final score. Largest lead for Conway was 10.

D6Bound

December 28, 2018, 09:54:36 pm #5 Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 10:03:10 pm by D6Bound
ICC plays Marian tomorrow for third place. 5:00

boss85

Ok Help me out. ICC beat Springdale Harber by 30+ Wednesday night. They then beat PA by 30 Thursday night. Both nights the starters didn't come out until the last minute. Tonight ICC was within striking distance the whole game but they were obviously tired. Conway did a good job limiting touches by Cooper but his shots were falling short early in the game, then in the 2nd half they ran out of gas. Why, why, why would the coach make those guys play that many minutes the first two nights when he had the opportunity to get them some rest with huge leads? I just hate that this great 1a team could have beat Conway, a great 6a team on a lot of nights but their coach wore them out against inferior teams. Trying to prove something? Ego? What is your thinking?

D6Bound

Quote from: boss85 on December 28, 2018, 10:53:09 pm
Ok Help me out. ICC beat Springdale Harber by 30+ Wednesday night. They then beat PA by 30 Thursday night. Both nights the starters didn't come out until the last minute. Tonight ICC was within striking distance the whole game but they were obviously tired. Conway did a good job limiting touches by Cooper but his shots were falling short early in the game, then in the 2nd half they ran out of gas. Why, why, why would the coach make those guys play that many minutes the first two nights when he had the opportunity to get them some rest with huge leads? I just hate that this great 1a team could have beat Conway, a great 6a team on a lot of nights but their coach wore them out against inferior teams. Trying to prove something? Ego? What is your thinking?
Great question. That coach will be back at Highland tomorrow so maybe you should ask him yourself instead of bashing him behind a keyboard and a screen

boss85

Wow! I'm not bashing. I'm on ICC's side. I wanted them to win. Can I not question the thinking and get others opinion? I am not imagining what I observed and heard the same question from other knowledgeable basketball people on site. I just thought it was very odd thinking, and I thought it was a good question. As far as I know coach McCandless is an ok coach, but his decisions can be 2nd guessed or argued like anyone else. So did you think it was good strategy?

D6Bound

December 28, 2018, 11:26:18 pm #9 Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:32:12 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: boss85 on December 28, 2018, 11:24:44 pm
Wow! I'm not bashing. I'm on ICC's side. I wanted them to win. Can I not question the thinking and get others opinion? I am not imagining what I observed and heard the same question from other knowledgeable basketball people on site. I just thought it was very odd thinking, and I thought it was a good question. As far as I know coach McCandless is an ok coach, but his decisions can be 2nd guessed or argued like anyone else. So did you think it was good strategy?
I don't think I would consider someone who has been to the state tournament every year he's coached and been to the finals once and will likely repeat that for the next few years would be someone I consider an "ok coach". But I'm sure you and the knowledgeable basketball wizards you were around would think otherwise

Oxford Cat

I'd say it had more to do with Izard County having to go through Har-ber and Pulaski Academy while Conway only had to beat Highland. Coach McCandlis is nothing but class by the way.  Cougar fans wouldn't trade him for anyone in the state.

boss85

Quote from: Oxford Cat on December 28, 2018, 11:27:58 pm
I'd say it had more to do with Izard County having to go through Har-ber and Pulaski Academy while Conway only had to beat Highland. Coach McCandlis is nothing but class by the way.  Cougar fans wouldn't trade him for anyone in the state.
Never meant to disparage coach McCandless. I hope no one took it that way. I was just thinking since they had to play three straight nights, and there was a chance to rest your guys on the first two nights because you were winning so big, that looking back it would have been a good idea to play some of your bench.  Conway did that against Highland Thursday night, playing their 2nd team guys most of the 2nd half. I won't comment anymore on this subject. Seems like a raw nerve. Good luck to ICC tomorrow. They will need it. Marion looked ready for a fight!!!!

D6Bound

Quote from: boss85 on December 28, 2018, 11:38:36 pm
Never meant to disparage coach McCandless. I hope no one took it that way. I was just thinking since they had to play three straight nights, and there was a chance to rest your guys on the first two nights because you were winning so big, that looking back it would have been a good idea to play some of your bench.  Conway did that against Highland Thursday night, playing their 2nd team guys most of the 2nd half. I won't comment anymore on this subject. Seems like a raw nerve. Good luck to ICC tomorrow. They will need it. Marion looked ready for a fight!!!!
Well there's a reason why he coaches and you don't. So your opinions about what he should do with his team should be kept to yourself unless you want to ask him yourself. Just my take on this.

boss85

I hope ICC wins tomorrow.

waterboyh20

ICC in its 3rd game in as many days just gave a very big and athletic talented Conway team all they wanted. Lets talk about that. ICC is doing things most people say they shouldnt be able to do. They play team basketball that is fun to watch. Ive really enjoyed them this week.

hsindian

Dang people all he did was ask a question. Is ICC's bench weak? I'm curious why he didn't rest them as well in blowout wins. Wasn't disparaging the coach. I know some coach's don't like to pull their starters because they have a dance with who brought you style.

SportsFan5

Legit thoughts. I had heard other people that don't participate in this forum make the same comment.

ozarkmtnsman

Quote from: D6Bound on December 28, 2018, 11:41:48 pm
Well there's a reason why he coaches and you don't. So your opinions about what he should do with his team should be kept to yourself unless you want to ask him yourself. Just my take on this.

He asked a legitimate question, this is a DISCUSSION FORUM. 

baller334

NEA Razorback olfan

Sounds like the coach didn't rest his starters when he had a chance,  valuable min lost by ICC bench

Sports Loser

ICC would prob win 1A-4A if not higher.  They destroyed PA and I heard they were supposed to be great.  Super fun team to watch

NEA Razorback olfan

If everyone kept their opinions to themse...why have a forum?

Sports Loser

Has there been a team in the last 20 years that is as good as ICC in 1A?

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

Bay with Colton Watson could give them a run for their money.

Sports Loser

Quote from: Jackmerius Tacktheratrix on December 29, 2018, 05:06:47 pm
Bay with Colton Watson could give them a run for their money.
Think so?  I don't!  Cooper would of destroyed them.  I think ICC would've won by 20.  It's awesome though that was a good team I just think this team has too many great players.  Wish we could take those teams and play them that would be cool

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

Quote from: Sports Loser on December 29, 2018, 05:19:06 pm
Think so?  I don't!  Cooper would of destroyed them.  I think ICC would've won by 20.  It's awesome though that was a good team I just think this team has too many great players.  Wish we could take those teams and play them that would be cool
2013-2014 Concord would be a fun one as well.

Central Ark

I think Mills would have something to say about ICC probably winning 4a. And sometimes coaches make bad decisions. That doesn't make them a bad coach, people can question their decisions. Especially on a forum. I questioned ICC coach last year at the state finals when he continually allowed Guy to throw deep outlets and get easy baskets. It doesn't make him a bad coach though.

beach bum

This is a discussion board where a variety of opinions are welcomed..... The ICC coach probably has a thicker skin than what you are showing. People can criticize a coaches single decision and them still think they are a good coach. No coach makes perfect decisions 100% of the time. They're human after all.

D6Bound

December 29, 2018, 08:39:17 pm #28 Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 08:41:09 pm by D6Bound
I think it's funny how when ICC beats Har-Ber and PA by 30 nobody says anything but downplays their win. When ICC played with NLR for 4 quarters despite everyone else saying they would get demolished most of the users downplayed their success and said crap like "The state overall is down this year" instead of giving ICC credit. But the second ICC gets beat by a super elite 6A Conway team, after playing against two decent teams on back to back nights who could beat most teams in 1-3A, whereas Conway had to only beat Highland, everyone is QUICK to jump on here and criticize the coach.

Central Ark

Literally everybody on this board says this is ICC's state title to win besides like one dude from Dermott. They are very good and can play with any team in the state regardless of classification. I know Marion beat them by 20+, but they are extremely good.

boss85

ICC played tough tonight. Got in a small amount of foul trouble. Stuck with Marion for a half. Marion wore them down in 2nd half. Cougars got tired in 2nd half.

I would be surprised to see them get beat the rest of the year.

Flobbito

Quote from: Central Ark on December 29, 2018, 08:45:41 pm
Literally everybody on this board says this is ICC's state title to win besides like one dude from Dermott. They are very good and can play with any team in the state regardless of classification. I know Marion beat them by 20+, but they are extremely good.

This is the same Marion team that beat Mills and Parkview by more than 20 as well. ICC losses are to North Little Rock, Westside (I think, and not GF), Conway, and Marion. With wins against Pine Bluff, Har Ber, PA, and probably the second best team in 1A. So yeah, they're good, and probably the 1A favorites for the next few years.

Missco

Icc wouldnt have a chance to win 3 on up. They could win 2A  but it probably wouldnt happen.

boss85

Quote from: Central Ark on December 29, 2018, 08:03:50 pm
I think Mills would have something to say about ICC probably winning 4a. And sometimes coaches make bad decisions. That doesn't make them a bad coach, people can question their decisions. Especially on a forum. I questioned ICC coach last year at the state finals when he continually allowed Guy to throw deep outlets and get easy baskets. It doesn't make him a bad coach though.
Being out coached by Hutchcraft is nothing to be ashamed of.😊😊

Central Ark

Quote from: Missco on December 29, 2018, 09:42:20 pm
Icc wouldnt have a chance to win 3 on up. They could win 2A  but it probably wouldnt happen.
Seems like this year each division has a clear cut favorite besides 2. 1- ICC, 2- ?? Earle or Clarendon, 3- baptist, 4- mills, 5- ?? West Memphis/Marion/Jonesboro/Jacksonville/PV, 6- NLR

boss85

We can only imagine if ICC could win another division because it's not possible. The difference I see in some of the upper division teams is their depth. The good 4a, 5a, 6a teams play 9 or 10 players without much drop off. ICC has 3 excellent players, 2 other good roll players( by the way I LOVE watching Mike play. I can't remember his last name) but not as much bench. That starting 5 plays nearly the entire game. That makes a difference in close games and tournaments.

Moonshiner

Quote from: boss85 on December 29, 2018, 09:47:19 pm
Being out coached by Hutchcraft is nothing to be ashamed of.😊😊

Actually, it is. 

HorseFeathers

I was wondering if everyone was going to let that slide 😂🤷

Sports Loser

Quote from: Jackmerius Tacktheratrix on December 29, 2018, 06:29:10 pm
2013-2014 Concord would be a fun one as well.
Another good 1A team not even close Cooper would destroy them on the inside.  Too big too much talent.  I think ICC by 15+. 

Sports Loser

Quote from: boss85 on December 29, 2018, 10:04:17 pm
We can only imagine if ICC could win another division because it's not possible. The difference I see in some of the upper division teams is their depth. The good 4a, 5a, 6a teams play 9 or 10 players without much drop off. ICC has 3 excellent players, 2 other good roll players( by the way I LOVE watching Mike play. I can't remember his last name) but not as much bench. That starting 5 plays nearly the entire game. That makes a difference in close games and tournaments.
Ask those big schools that just got tick tocked by ICC.  ICC could win 1-3 or 4 A I think maybe 5.  What's Pulaski Academy are they supposed to be good?  Best small school I've seen in many many years

boss85

December 30, 2018, 09:25:06 am #40 Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 09:37:04 am by boss85
Quote from: Sports Loser on December 30, 2018, 08:23:16 am
Ask those big schools that just got tick tocked by ICC.  ICC could win 1-3 or 4 A I think maybe 5.  What's Pulaski Academy are they supposed to be good?  Best small school I've seen in many many years
Got to be careful here. It's easy to offend the ICC faithful. But from what I saw this week at Highland, Harber is an extremely week 6a team. I would expect them to finish last in their conference. Very little talent. ICC dominated them. PA in my opinion will finish in the middle of their 4a conference since they are in their with Mills, McClellan etc. But they are well coached so they may do a little better. PA won't be in the mix for state championship in 4a. ICC beat them down but it may have cost them a win vs Conway the next night. Those are the two big schools that ICC beat this week. Conway is pretty good and Marion is pretty good, Conway is 6a, Marion is 5a.One of those schools could be in the 5a or 6a mix. But they both beat ICC. ICC is talented enough to beat any school on any night including some good large schools. To make a run through a tournament against those schools, playing that level of talent for 3 games in 4 days like they would have to in a state tournament? Well, they won the 1st 2 games this week. ICC should not lose another game this year period.

Sports Loser

Quote from: boss85 on December 30, 2018, 09:25:06 am
Got to be careful here. It's easy to offend the ICC faithful. But from what I saw this week at Highland, Harber is an extremely week 6a team. I would expect them to finish last in their conference. Very little talent. ICC dominated them. PA in my opinion will finish in the middle of their 4a conference since they are in their with Mills, McClellan etc. But they are well coached so they may do a little better. PA won't be in the mix for state championship in 4a. ICC beat them down but it may have cost them a win vs Conway the next night. Those are the two big schools that ICC beat this week. Conway is pretty good and Marion is pretty good, Conway is 6a, Marion is 5a.One of those schools could be in the 5a or 6a mix. But they both beat ICC. ICC is talented enough to beat any school on any night including some good large schools. To make a run through a tournament against those schools, playing that level of talent for 3 games in 4 days like they would have to in a state tournament? Well, they won the 1st 2 games this week. ICC should not lose another game this year period.
I agree with your post!  ICC shouldn't lose again.  Maybe we will see them and Dermott. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Sports Loser on December 30, 2018, 08:23:16 am

They already lost to Westside, who is probably about 4th in 4A. And they wouldn't win 5A either.

Quote from: D6Bound on December 29, 2018, 08:39:17 pm
I think it's funny how when ICC beats Har-Ber and PA by 30 nobody says anything but downplays their win. When ICC played with NLR for 4 quarters despite everyone else saying they would get demolished most of the users downplayed their success and said crap like "The state overall is down this year" instead of giving ICC credit. But the second ICC gets beat by a super elite 6A Conway team, after playing against two decent teams on back to back nights who could beat most teams in 1-3A, whereas Conway had to only beat Highland, everyone is QUICK to jump on here and criticize the coach.

You're the most bitter fan I've seen on here. Anybody comments one thing about ICC and you jump all over them. Someone simply questioned the starters playing so much in 30 point wins and you get all in your feelings. You need to enjoy life a little more - not everyone is against ICC. We all know they are likely to win the 1A basketball championship and they are a good team, but you make it hard to root for them.

hsindian

They play Tuckerman Feb 5th. They're one of the favorites in 3A and that should be a great game to watch.

Sports Loser

Quote from: hsindian on December 30, 2018, 10:00:40 am
They play Tuckerman Feb 5th. They're one of the favorites in 3A and that should be a great game to watch.
Ill be there.  Should be a great game

boss85

I'll take ICC against Tuckerman. Where is that game?

Ctucker

Quote from: hsindian on December 30, 2018, 10:00:40 am
Babtist Prep will win 3a

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on December 30, 2018, 10:26:38 am
Babtist Prep will win 3a

Having a player that can average 40+ if he wanted to is quite the advantage....

Ctucker

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 30, 2018, 10:39:25 am
Having a player that can average 40+ if he wanted to is quite the advantage....
Yes it is. And like usual we will get to watch him play college ball in another state!

Sports Loser

Quote from: Ctucker on December 30, 2018, 11:07:12 am
Yes it is. And like usual we will get to watch him play college ball in another state!
Where is he going?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas