• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is one or the other Bentonville high school (or both, or neither) about to get MUCH bigger?

Started by OPoraquê, December 10, 2018, 07:37:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OPoraquê

I asked this on the 4A board regarding Gravette, so it seems foolish not to ask it here.

By now, everyone's heard about the upcoming, FINALLY, completed Bella Vista Bypass.

https://www.joplinglobe.com/opinion/columns/our-view-could-bypass-be-just-a-beginning/article_470914e1-6963-5f78-9a10-01a2be90554f.html  (Who would have ever thought that Missouri would want so much to be tied to Arkansas, save maybe for the SEC?  ::)   )

I've heard that Walmart has already purchased land for a Neighborhood Market at what used to be called "Gun Range Road" in far west Bella Vista, which tells me they see big growth coming out there.  Maybe Gravette will get it all.  But there's a LOT of undeveloped land in east Bella Vista which in the not too distant future will suddenly become the "quiet side" that the Highlands to the west used to be.  (Remembering how the valleys roar when legions of bikers are heading north past the BV Dairy Queen on the Sunday after BBB is finished in Fayetteville.)  Or will there be just that many more subdivisions built around Bentonville West high school, which will be the Bentonville district's area with quickest connections to both the future Canada-Mexico I-49 corridor AND XNA?

Or will they both grow, and necessitate that third Bennie high school that's on the drawing board (which I'd be surprised to not see locate somewhere in Bella Vista (boy, could THAT feature a beautiful football stadium if placed right, but I digress).

Bella Vista and NWA are going to be right in the center of what may become mid-North America's most important vehicle transportation corridor.  It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

friscokid

It'll be several years before the bypass is complete. They just got the funding finalized in Missouri. Arkansas already had the money but was waiting on Missouri. But it shouldn't take long to get dirt moving. I imagine that area would be filling in with houses regardless of the new highway.

OPoraquê

We're looking at a 2022/2023 opening for the full BVP, which will be on us sooner than we think.  If Missouri responds when the money arrives the way they did when the Anderson/Pineville I-49 segment was built last decade, we'll see an army of earthmoving equipment appear almost overnight and get to work above the border.

The effects of all this will be interesting to see.  Gravette/Sulphur Springs will definitely get a very nice new Arkansas Welcome Center out of the deal at least. :)

ricepig

Probably happen about as fast as Ft. Smith getting that 3rd public high school you kept telling us about.   ;D

OPoraquê

Quote from: ricepig on December 11, 2018, 12:47:09 pm
Probably happen about as fast as Ft. Smith getting that 3rd public high school you kept telling us about.   ;D

It's all good.  I-49 will likely make Greenwood grow so big there won't ever need to be a third Fort Smith public high school.  ;D

Okieback

Greenwood districts goes all the way to Chaffe Crossing, and for some reason they won't build a new elementary there🤷🏼‍♂️

I see a new high school in Bella vista, didn't they just approve an elementary there? And isn't there a branch of the "New School" charter there already?

Pr8hd

Quote from: Okieback on January 01, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Greenwood districts goes all the way to Chaffe Crossing, and for some reason they won't build a new elementary there🤷🏼‍♂️

GW voted on the 3rd elementary and they failed to approve it. This was donated land to them initially, later offered to FS to build the 3rd HS in the same area. The GW district re-organized the structure of the schools to make the room and built the Freshman center. Since that time, I have not heard any talk about a need to build a 3rd one out at the Chaffee Crossing area.

It is interesting to drive thru that area and see the newer subdivisions advertise/offer GW schools and others offer FS schools. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Okieback on January 01, 2019, 09:39:55 am

I see a new high school in Bella vista, didn't they just approve an elementary there? And isn't there a branch of the "New School" charter there already?

I think the new school is a private school

beach bum

HF is right.... New School is private

And yes there is finally an elementary school in Bella Vista

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas