• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is everyone?

Started by amehr36, December 08, 2018, 12:09:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

December 10, 2018, 02:51:20 pm #50 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:45:20 am by bleudog
Quote from: Rida4Life on December 10, 2018, 02:08:59 pm
ouch......
I would like to see exactly how a school can supposedly be that "small" but have 60 on their roster...year in and year out. 
I guess JC is the only place in America where EVERY male in the school is an athlete.
assuming 173 is their legit number
grades 9-12 would have @ 43 students per class.... assuming a 50/50 boy girl split you have lets say 21 or 22 boys.
a roster of 60 would equate to 15 per grade.....so you are telling me that 6-7 boys per class don't play football at JC.
that's impressive......
bet those dudes get picked on EVERY day....

51 on the roster and that's with 9th thru 12th.

https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/208099/2018_Football_Roster_with_9_Graders2.pdf

Team photo had 51 dressed out.

https://www.facebook.com/JunctionCitySchoolDistrict/photos/a.144885542328301/1215395371943974/?type=3&theater

Where those talking heads for AETN got 60 the Lord only knows.  They had to have been counting water boys (who do wear jerseys during the game and are that intimidating bunch on the front row of the team picture).

JC has 213 kids in 9th - 12th grades (link was in earlier post).  JC has 317 kids in the 7th thru 12th grades.  Their male/female ratio in those grades it 54/46.  There should be about 115 males in the 9th-12th grades.  With 51 on the post regular season roster, that's a participation rate of about 45%.

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByRaceGender.aspx?year=29&search=junction%20city%20h&pagesize=10

There are a few kids who concentrate on one sport.  Most play multiple sports.

Dragon I

I believe there were 53 or 55 on the roster in 2003 after the freshmen moved up.  Seventeen Seniors and around 15 Juniors.  Vilonia played Batesville for the 4A Title that year.  Almost the whole lines played both ways.  They had between 35 and 40 on their roster.  Had a QB like Hazen that went both ways and played on the D-line.  JC had 1 kid that went both ways full time.  None of the D-Line and O-Line starters went both ways.

It would be interesting to see the participation numbers from the rest of 2A, Bleu.

bleudog

December 10, 2018, 03:17:27 pm #52 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 04:00:00 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Dragon I on December 10, 2018, 02:54:57 pm
I believe there were 53 or 55 on the roster in 2003 after the freshmen moved up.  Seventeen Seniors and around 15 Juniors.  Vilonia played Batesville for the 4A Title that year.  Almost the whole lines played both ways.  They had between 35 and 40 on their roster.  Had a QB like Hazen that went both ways and played on the D-line.  JC had 1 kid that went both ways full time.  None of the D-Line and O-Line starters went both ways.

It would be interesting to see the participation numbers from the rest of 2A, Bleu.

Getting ADE numbers is the easy part.  Roster aren't.  Plus, even being a number geek, I'm going to leave the problem of getting kids out of the halls and on to the football field to the coaching staffs of their respective school.    ;D

And there were 52 in the program and on the sign at The Lair.  ;)

dragondad

December 10, 2018, 05:06:09 pm #53 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:17:14 pm by dragondad
So much willful ignorance shows up around here,  after the links and data and constant regurgitation of the same questions.  I still say this should be made into a sticky post and left at the top of every board.  52 on the roster people, 9th - 12th,  36 players 10-12 and 16 9th graders,  roughly a 45% participation rate, 7 or 8 2A schools larger than JC, roughly 6 to 8 LA kids on the SR High team each season.  We don't recruit, academic standards for LA kids are roughly twice as stringent as AR kids, all kids are counted by ADE and AAA.

PS: we need to add to our state champ stencil on the jet and tour bus, feel free to donate.

Rida4Life

Quote from: dragondad on December 10, 2018, 05:06:09 pm
So much willful ignorance shows up around here,  after the links and data and constant regurgitation of the same questions.  I still say this should be made into a sticky post and left at the top of every board.  52 on the roster people, 9th - 12th,  36 players 10-12 and 16 9th graders,  roughly a 45% participation rate, 7 or 8 2A schools larger than JC, roughly 6 to 8 LA kids on the SR High team each season.  We don't recruit, academic standards for LA kids are roughly twice as stringent as AR kids, all kids are counted by ADE and AAA.

PS: we need to add to our state champ stencil on the jet and tour bus, feel free to donate.

But the "charter" doesn't give you a competitive advantage at all?  Just a question looking for an honest answer.

dragondad

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 10, 2018, 05:32:54 pm
But the "charter" doesn't give you a competitive advantage at all?  Just a question looking for an honest answer.

No more than open school choice does for any other school.  But hey,  maybe those two LA non-skill position starters are just that good.

Dragon I

School choice has made the charter irrelevant.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: dragondad on December 10, 2018, 05:06:09 pm

So do the 9th graders play on the Senior Varsity year around? I thought in 2A the ninth graders were still considered Jr High

bleudog

December 10, 2018, 07:36:55 pm #58 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 07:50:30 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Rida4Life on December 10, 2018, 05:32:54 pm

The driving reason behind the creation of the charter was the Ward 9 parents wanting their kids to stay in their neighborhood school when the Claiborne Parish School Board terminated the long standing agreement.  I applaud their use of political options to counter Claiborne's mandate.  It was a textbook example of members of their community taking proper steps to accomplish what they think is best for all in their community.

beaverfan007

People work some may be deer hunting

bleudog

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on December 10, 2018, 07:30:32 pm
So do the 9th graders play on the Senior Varsity year around? I thought in 2A the ninth graders were still considered Jr High

The 9th graders do play jr high ball.  When the jr high season is over, there is usually one or two regular season games plus an unknown, if any, playoff games left.  The 9th graders move up after the jr  high season is over. Every few years there is a gifted athlete.  Most of the time they're practice meat.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Dragon I on December 10, 2018, 07:31:34 am
The same thing can be said for JC in the bone or for Hazen all year.  Bartons 03 team was extremely athletic and had great execution all season.  JC was superior on the lines and you see what happened.  A simple pound it fundamental offense can and does work.  It is just easier to defend when the talent levels are even.
I watched that game and felt like junction was the more talented team

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas