• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Girls top 10

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, November 28, 2018, 12:29:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Batesville beats Nettleton 68-57 to stop their NEA streak at 5.

Great win for Batesville.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 28, 2018, 07:28:18 pm
Batesville beats Nettleton 68-57 to stop their NEA streak at 5.

Great win for Batesville.

Big Congrats to Batesville , Great Game!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Cardfan1 on December 28, 2018, 07:20:00 pm
Farmington SG 62
Highland SG 51

Thanks for update Cardfan,
It's good to see talent on the other side of the State.
Sounds like the Farmington Lady Cardinals have a really strong team, safe travels home

87DAWG

Quote from: Cardfan1 on December 28, 2018, 07:20:00 pm
Farmington SG 62
Highland SG 51
Good job to Farmington and good luck with the rest of season! Highland got down early again and was inconsistent attacking the zone. I heard a Cardinal fan say they played below par. Highland didn't play their best either. Farmington got the last run of the ball game and deserved the W. Highland plays Hermitage this morning at 9! Need to stop this 2 game skid!

Cardfan1

Farmington SG 69
Wonderview SG 51

prHOG13

Pea Ridge 57
Alma 33

Blackhawks win the Alma Holiday Classic

HogCall11

Berryville girls seem to be rolling beating Estem and Mountain View in Holiday Hoops Tourney. They handled Mountain View very well tonight in Championship Game.

MDXPHD

Quote from: HogCall11 on December 29, 2018, 11:03:02 pm
Berryville girls seem to be rolling beating Estem and Mountain View in Holiday Hoops Tourney. They handled Mountain View very well tonight in Championship Game.

I think Berryville should be number one so far. They haven't played much competition, but the win over MV is a good one. I haven't seen them play - do they have good size?

Hawk4L

Yes Berryville has good size. They also beat Pea Ridge 3rd game of the seaon by 5. PR led almost the whole game.  It will be a very close race for conf title between those 2 and Farmington possibly even Harrison

87DAWG

Quote from: Hawk4L on December 30, 2018, 01:28:45 am
Yes Berryville has good size. They also beat Pea Ridge 3rd game of the seaon by 5. PR led almost the whole game.  It will be a very close race for conf title between those 2 and Farmington possibly even Harrison
Sounds like that conference is gonna be a dog fight every night out!

Hawk4L

Berryville comes to Pea Ridge Friday night gonna be big game. Berryville won by 5 in the first meeting.

iRebound

Big game tonight with Berryville and Farmington.

Charlie1001

Quote from: iRebound on January 15, 2019, 11:31:05 am
Berryville has the toughest schedule of any team on any week in the state this week. Winning 1 of 2 will be respectable but winning both should put any doubts to rest.

Hawk4L

Quote from: Charlie1001 on January 15, 2019, 05:37:31 pm
Berryville has the toughest schedule of any team on any week in the state this week. Winning 1 of 2 will be respectable but winning both should put any doubts to rest.
Agree. If they win both they should be #1 in state without question

Go Postal

Quote from: iRebound on January 15, 2019, 11:31:05 am

Berryville Lady Bobcats      54 W
Farmington Lady Cardinals 25
Final

On another note Lady Goblins move to 4-1 tonight with only conference loss to Berryville.
Lady Goblins we're raining 3s tonight

Harrison Lady Goblins 53
Prairie Grove Lady Tigers 19
Final

87DAWG

Batesville

MDXPHD

Berryville May have a tough conference schedule, but their non conference was pretty weak.

HogCall11

So are you saying Berryville isn't all they are hyped up to be?

hsindian

Quote from: HogCall11 on January 16, 2019, 07:43:56 am
I think it was more the comment they had the toughest schedule this week of any team in the state at any time this season.

MDXPHD

Quote from: HogCall11 on January 16, 2019, 07:43:56 am

Nope. Not saying that at all. I think they're top 2 in the state. I will say that I think Farmington is hyped up more than what they are though. I think Berryville and Batesville are the two top teams. Of course, teams improve and it could change by tournament time.

HogCall11

It's a shame that Berryville and Batesville couldn't set up a game or 2 just for fun. Both teams would benefit greatly from it.

Charlie1001

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 16, 2019, 05:16:50 am
Berryville May have a tough conference schedule, but their non conference was pretty weak.

I won't dispute that at all. My point was, if the beat both teams, people should know they are for real.  I've watched Pea Ridge and Berryville both play a few games each.  They are both very good this year so Friday should be a good game.

87DAWG

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 16, 2019, 09:19:08 am
Nope. Not saying that at all. I think they're top 2 in the state. I will say that I think Farmington is hyped up more than what they are though. I think Berryville and Batesville are the two top teams. Of course, teams improve and it could change by tournament time.
I say Batesville is #1 only because I have seen them play and the impressive win over Nettleton! If a team is 19-0 then I know they are very good! 4A-1 conference is the best in 4A, IMO, top to bottom. Berryville beating Farmington like they did is impressive. Farmington is solid but not alot of height. Super athletic tho. If they are hitting the 3 they can beat anyone in 4A. Strong schedule, weak schedule, 19-0 is impressive. We all know that teen kids can not show up and play their best any given night.

NEA Razorback olfan

I would agree with 87,
Batesville and Berryville are the top 2 teams.
Batesville had a big win vs Nettleton

HogCall11

I'm sure the game tomorrow night will be a close one. Pea Ridge is always a tough place to play.

Hawk4L

Pea Ridge 46
Berryville 43 final

One of the best games I've ever seen. Both teams are so good

Go Postal

But Harrison Lady Goblins are 5-1.  This season for us from the old 5A fans has been by exciting.

Charlie1001

Quote from: Go Postal on January 18, 2019, 11:31:48 pm
But Harrison Lady Goblins are 5-1.  This season for us from the old 5A fans has been by exciting.

This should shake things up at the top.  Both are still top 4 teams.

Hawk4L

Quote from: Go Postal on January 18, 2019, 11:31:48 pm
Pea Ridge, Harrison, Berryville, Farmington all 5-1

HogCall11

Pea Ridge is a lot better than Harrison and Farmington but I'm not sure if I would knock Berryville out of number 1 spot. Farmington did beat Pea Ridge once but Berryville has beat both once also. Can't wait for the district tourney.

Cardfan1

Quote from: HogCall11 on January 19, 2019, 12:13:28 pm
Pea Ridge is a lot better than Harrison and Farmington but I'm not sure if I would knock Berryville out of number 1 spot. Farmington did beat Pea Ridge once but Berryville has beat both once also. Can't wait for the district tourney.

Interesting logic. 🤔 Not sure I follow. LOL

Maybe you are correct, only time will tell but I'm amazed at your lack of respect for other programs. Love your Carroll County fandom and your commitment to the Lady Bobcats but remember pride comes before the fall. 2 of the 3 programs you mentioned in this post are no strangers to post season, final fours, and state title games.......and are known for "peaking at the right time".  You can research and decipher that for yourself. A wise man once said "don't poke the bear"! 🐻😂.   All jokes aside, there are several good teams across 4A and particularly in the 1-4A. It's the mid point of conference play so still early.  I'm excited to watch the last few weeks. Berryville, Farmington, Harrison, and Pea Ridge all have very quality teams. And you are correct......the District Tourney should be fun......don't sleep on Gravette or few others either, they could be dangerous come post season.

prHOG13

Gravette has a soph guard (Morrison) that can put up 30+ if she wants. I agree they  can be dangerous too.

If you can get back on defense and not let Farmington snow bird the entire game and make them run a halfcourt offense, they are beatable. If the game gets uptempo, they're very good in transition.

Berryville is the best team top to bottom PR has faced this year. They've got good guards, a big that can control the paint and is very physical, and they work angles really well on offense against the zone. Defensively their zone is very active.

I'm eager to see how Harrison looks. Judging solely on results, they're going to be very tough as well.

PR has 4 seniors and a sophomore and are really starting to click on both ends of the floor. They're still not playing their best basketball but the confidence is growing.

The postseason is going to be wild

Cardfan1

Quote from: prHOG13 on January 19, 2019, 01:09:06 pm
Gravette has a soph guard (Morrison) that can put up 30+ if she wants. I agree they  can be dangerous too.

If you can get back on defense and not let Farmington snow bird the entire game and make them run a halfcourt offense, they are beatable. If the game gets uptempo, they're very good in transition.

Berryville is the best team top to bottom PR has faced this year. They've got good guards, a big that can control the paint and is very physical, and they work angles really well on offense against the zone. Defensively their zone is very active.

I'm eager to see how Harrison looks. Judging solely on results, they're going to be very tough as well.

PR has 4 seniors and a sophomore and are really starting to click on both ends of the floor. They're still not playing their best basketball but the confidence is growing.

The postseason is going to be wild

I agree with the bulk of what you say but you're the first person I've ever heard make the claim that Farmington doesn't execute in the half court, as a matter of fact it is widely thought that they execute offensively with précision. The "snowbird" comment is wrong as well. Farmington Girls initiate offense off the defensive rebound and they run in transition as good as anybody....again what they're know for but they also defend with with 5 kids......"snow birding" would mean they leave a
Kid down on offense and defend with 4....that isn't accurate at all.

I'm disappointed in 1-4A posters lack of research on various teams. Here is what I can tell you about Harrison. Their best player is a Senior guard named Parker who is Two time all state, they have decent size at the forward spots and have a talented group of Sophomores whose only losses in Jr High I believe came at the hands of Farmington. The Sophs are athletic and skilled with the ball. The last several years Harrison has been a consistent 5A State Tournament qualifier. They're typically good defensively and usually have kids that can shoot the basketball.

Hawk4L

From what I've seen between Pea Ridge , Berryville and Farmington all 3 are pretty equal and all capable of beating each other.  Any of the 3 can win district , regionals and state imo.  Harrison I'm sure is right there with them but haven't seen them yet so can't judge them. Pea Ridge travels there Tuesday so we will get to see.

Cardfan1

Quote from: Hawk4L on January 19, 2019, 01:43:59 pm
From what I've seen between Pea Ridge , Berryville and Farmington all 3 are pretty equal and all capable of beating each other.  Any of the 3 can win district , regionals and state imo.  Harrison I'm sure is right there with them but haven't seen them yet so can't judge them. Pea Ridge travels there Tuesday so we will get to see.

I agree. I must say based on what I saw Tuesday...I thought Berryville was playing their best basketball of the year, so Pea Ridges victory on Friday should serve notice to the rest of the league and state, that they are for real and are a major player for the whole enchilada!  The league this year is reminding us long time fans of several years ago when Prairie Grove, Huntsville, Shiloh, and Farmington were all major contenders state wide and even the middle group of the conference were state tournament caliber.  From a basketball purest, the conference race will be a lot of fun!

prHOG13

Quote from: Cardfan1 on January 19, 2019, 01:29:27 pm
I agree with the bulk of what you say but you're the first person I've ever heard make the claim that Farmington doesn't execute in the half court, as a matter of fact it is widely thought that they execute offensively with précision. The "snowbird" comment is wrong as well. Farmington Girls initiate offense off the defensive rebound and they run in transition as good as anybody....again what they're know for but they also defend with with 5 kids......"snow birding" would mean they leave a
Kid down on offense and defend with 4....that isn't accurate at all.

I'm disappointed in 1-4A posters lack of research on various teams. Here is what I can tell you about Harrison. Their best player is a Senior guard named Parker who is Two time all state, they have decent size at the forward spots and have a talented group of Sophomores whose only losses in Jr High I believe came at the hands of Farmington. The Sophs are athletic and skilled with the ball. The last several years Harrison has been a consistent 5A State Tournament qualifier. They're typically good defensively and usually have kids that can shoot the basketball.
Settle down, I said they're beatable not that they can't execute a half court offense. Obviously Berryville was able to do that and PR wasn't. It was more of a compliment about how good Farmington is in transition yet you took it as a slight.

Pea Ridge hasn't seen Harrison yet this year, so I can't offer any intelligent opinions on them. Sorry to disappoint you.

Cardfan1

Quote from: prHOG13 on January 19, 2019, 02:52:21 pm
Settle down, I said they're beatable not that they can't execute a half court offense. Obviously Berryville was able to do that and PR wasn't. It was more of a compliment about how good Farmington is in transition yet you took it as a slight.

Pea Ridge hasn't seen Harrison yet this year, so I can't offer any intelligent opinions on them. Sorry to disappoint you.

Touché....not trying to be "testy", I should've been better with the tone of my response. On Tuesday, Berryville's post kids dominated the paint in particular on the glass,  guards hit timely shots, and to your point, they did get the game slowed down. That coupled with Farmington inability to make shots turned it into a route. Harrison, Pea Ridge will be a great match-up.  The Ridge Girls are obviously playing with sky high confidence right now so I sure wouldn't bet against them. Where will the Harrison-Pea Ridge take place?

prHOG13

Go Postal

I'll post a live stream link for the Pea Ridge @ Harrison game later on the score thread.  Check later today.

prHOG13

Quote from: Go Postal on January 22, 2019, 11:13:02 am
I'll post a live stream link for the Pea Ridge @ Harrison game later on the score thread.  Check later today.
Headed that way. Should be some good games

#1 Hog fan

Geez does Camden Fairview not exist ::)

87DAWG

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on January 24, 2019, 09:08:53 pm
I've noticed their record just hadn't seen them play #1 Hog fan. Tell us about them.

MDXPHD

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on January 24, 2019, 09:08:53 pm

Haven't played anyone good.

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: 87DAWG on January 25, 2019, 06:16:34 am
I've noticed their record just hadn't seen them play #1 Hog fan. Tell us about them.
They are quick and very hard to stop in transition. They're a very scary team to play against they could make some noise in the tournament

#1 Hog fan

::)
Quote from: MDXPHD on January 25, 2019, 10:54:17 am
Haven't played anyone good.
Star City, Warren, El dorado, Lakeside

Gray lizard

Kind of like De Queen which is 18-2 Who they have played. 

MDXPHD

Haven't heard of CF for 10 years. And dequeen doesn't need to be mentioned. Everyone knows that the champion will be from NE or NW.

#1 Hog fan

Camden Fairview was actually good until after the 2013 season they went 20-9 and that was Coach Rogers last season at Cf and the year before that they were 22-6 where they beat El Dorado, Conway, Little Rock Christian, Lakeside, and Siloam Springs those were really good teams at the time. So yes I understand that's probably to you but I think saying 10 years is an overstatement.

FoxandHound34

CF been in 5A for the past 10 years, so why would he need to hear about them 💁🏼‍♀️

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on January 25, 2019, 09:34:48 pm
CF been in 5A for the past 10 years, so why would he need to hear about them 💁🏼‍♀️
Just stating facts 5a or not no need to get in defense mode :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas