• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who was the most underrated and overrated teams this year?

Started by Jaderosenbaum44, November 26, 2018, 01:07:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaderosenbaum44

SUGARTOWN

$aintMaximu$

Here is the preseason top 10-

1.  Warren
2.  Arkadelphia
3.  Joe T. Robinson
4.  Rivercrest
5.  Ozark
6.  Bauxite
7.  Southside Batesville
8.  Pea Ridge
9.  Prairie Grove
10.  Nashville

What do you guys show the 4A top ten as of right now? 

RabAlumni

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 26, 2018, 01:32:21 pm
Here is the preseason top 10-

1.  Warren
2.  Arkadelphia
3.  Joe T. Robinson
4.  Rivercrest
5.  Ozark
6.  Bauxite
7.  Southside Batesville
8.  Pea Ridge
9.  Prairie Grove
10.  Nashville

What do you guys show the 4A top ten as of right now?

Overrated would have to go to Southside Batesville.  I Would consider Prairie Grove and Pea Ridge right up there too.

Underrated -  Stuttgart, Helena West Helena, and Dumas

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 26, 2018, 01:36:17 pm
Overrated would have to go to Southside Batesville.  I Would consider Prairie Grove and Pea Ridge right up there too.

Underrated -  Stuttgart, Helena West Helena, and Dumas

Yep, Southside was definitely overrated.

hsfbdude

Shiloh has to be up there. They flew under the radar at the beginning of the season and have been underrated for most of the season

toadRyder

$aintMaximu$

Dumas was absent as well.... Shiloh , Dumas and Stuttgart in for sure..

RabAlumni

Quote from: toadRyder on November 26, 2018, 01:41:51 pm
Better question: Most improved team this year?

Arkadelphia -  Got hot at the right time and might not stop!

#1thetruth

I don't know about overated.....
under rated:
Bauxite
HWH
Ozark
you also have to give Ricebirds their do...

the Badgers had me sweating at the start of the season... I think the train is back on track.
Burks is the best player I've seen in a long time. good luck to him

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 26, 2018, 02:42:43 pm
I don't know about overated.....
under rated:
Bauxite
HWH
Ozark
you also have to give Ricebirds their do...

the Badgers had me sweating at the start of the season... I think the train is back on track.
Burks is the best player I've seen in a long time. good luck to him

I think most improved has to go to Arkie... Peaking at the right time...  Shiloh gave Nashville their worse loss of the season but the match up this week has me much more concerned in regards to the Arkie secondary.

How much of this team for the Badgers is graduating?

hogfan10

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 26, 2018, 03:43:44 pm
I think most improved has to go to Arkie... Peaking at the right time...  Shiloh gave Nashville their worse loss of the season but the match up this week has me much more concerned in regards to the Arkie secondary.

I think the following starting positions graduate:
DB-3 (but several underclass have logged time this season)
LB-1
DL-1 (maybe 2, it's about a 5/6 man rotation)
OL-1 (maybe, at most)
TB-1
WR-2
PK/P-1 (will be a big loss)
Next year, DB, WR & PK/P look to be areas of concern.
Team should be pretty solid the next few years.

phdefense

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 26, 2018, 03:43:44 pm
I know their stud QB is a junior. Stuttgart has had to endure back to back 4-year starter careers both named Turner.

Carl Turner of Newport 2012-2015
Cannon Turner of Arkadelphia 2016-Present

+numerous Lumberjacks that entered varsity as freshmen

Not going to be sad when we go a season without hearing the name "Turner" ;)

toadRyder

Quote from: phdefense on November 26, 2018, 06:22:07 pm
I know their stud QB is a junior. Stuttgart has had to endure back to back 4-year starter careers both named Turner.

Oh don't worry. Arkadelphia has 3 Turners and counting..

HeberFan

Quote from: phdefense on November 26, 2018, 06:22:07 pm

Whatever happened to Carl Turner after high school ?

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Quote from: HeberFan on November 27, 2018, 08:08:49 am
Whatever happened to Carl Turner after high school ?
I believe he went to Arkansas Babtist College.  I don't know if he still plays.
He was quite the athlete.

HeberFan

Quote from: SouthsideSouthernerDad on November 27, 2018, 08:48:51 am
I believe he went to Arkansas Babtist College.  I don't know if he still plays.
He was quite the athlete.

I don't think so.....

justafan33

Arky can't be most improved,  they were last year's state champions. Bauxite wasn't ranked in top 15 preseason and were 4-10 last season, 0-10 the season before, when 14 of these seniors started as sophomores.  They were Joe T's only loss in 4A so far. They were leading in the Arky game until 4th qtr. They played Nashville into OT then lead at half in playoff. They weren't given a thing this year and made a huge turnaround.  Overrated would've been Shiloh, until I watched them play Nashville.  Warren was overrated without Burks

CoachRH

Quote from: justafan33 on November 27, 2018, 05:04:53 pm
Arky can't be most improved,  they were last year's state champions. Bauxite wasn't ranked in top 15 preseason and were 4-10 last season, 0-10 the season before, when 14 of these seniors started as sophomores.  They were Joe T's only loss in 4A so far. They were leading in the Arky game until 4th qtr. They played Nashville into OT then lead at half in playoff. They weren't given a thing this year and made a huge turnaround.  Overrated would've been Shiloh, until I watched them play Nashville.  Warren was overrated without Burks
Not that it matters, I don't see how you think Shiloh was overrated.  They weren't even picked to win their conference and the 4A-1 is down this year!

init2winit2

How is Shiloh overrated? They're in the semis and weren't even a top 10 team preseason  ;D

beach bum

Quote from: init2winit2 on November 27, 2018, 08:43:37 pm
How is Shiloh overrated? They're in the semis and weren't even a top 10 team preseason  ;D

Easy there you will confuse the Bauxite posters with that kind of logic..... It will be tough for them to understand.

3 Dollar

From each conference:

1-4A:
Overrated - Prairie Grove
Underrated - Shiloh

2-4A:
Overrated - Batesville Southside
Underrated - Lonoke

3-4A:
Overrated - Gosnell
Underrated - Jonesboro Westside

4-4A:
Overrated - Dardanelle
Underrated - Elkins

7-4A:
Overrated - Nashville
Underrated - Arkadelphia

8-4A:
Overrated - Warren
Underrated - Helena-West Helena

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: 3 Dollar on November 28, 2018, 07:09:49 am
From each conference:

1-4A:
Underrated - Shiloh

2-4A:
Underrated - Lonoke

3-4A:
Overrated - Gosnell

4-4A:
Overrated - Dardanelle
Underrated - Elkins

7-4A:
Overrated - Nashville
Underrated - Arkadelphia

8-4A:
Overrated - Warren
How exactly was Nashville overrated? Picked to finished 3rd in conference, finished 2nd. Most polls had them around #10 preseason. I think Hootens had them at 12. Made quarterfinals to finish top 8.

And how is Arkadelphia underrated? They are right where they were predicted to be. Just took a different path to get there.

bigchief72455

Gosnell had a few injuries early in the season that kind of held them back. They got them all back at the end of conference season and did pretty well.If they had been injury free they may have been a 2 seed.

Coach9586

Quote from: 3 Dollar on November 28, 2018, 07:09:49 am
From each conference:

1-4A:
Underrated - Shiloh

2-4A:
Underrated - Lonoke

3-4A:
Overrated - Gosnell

4-4A:
Overrated - Dardanelle
Underrated - Elkins

7-4A:
Overrated - Nashville
Underrated - Arkadelphia

8-4A:
Overrated - Warren

I agree with most of these. I don't quite agree with the 4-4A. Mena was pretty underrated this year and finished as a 2 seed and made it to round 2 of the playoffs. For me its hard to say Dardy was overrated when they finished the season like they have the past few years in the second round and to me that is consistency. Overrated goes to Elkins in my opinion. Preseason people didn't know what to expect with them moving up a conference and when they started to get to the tougher games they couldn't get it done.

As for the 7-4A, Bauxite was underrated. I know Arky started off 0-5 but they had arguably the toughest non-conference schedule and they were the defending Champs. Bauxite hasn't had a winning season in a decade. Kudos to those coaches and players getting it done this year even though it didn't end well. Who knows, maybe this time next year they could be on the other side of the coin and be very overrated, but I hope not. Hard to pick an overrated team in this conference because they live up to the hype week in and week out so I won't even try to pick one.

Kevin

Quote from: beach bum on November 27, 2018, 08:55:27 pm
Easy there you will confuse the Bauxite posters with that kind of logic..... It will be tough for them to understand.
only confused as to how you think that is tough for us to understand

RyanLR

For sure Bauxite was very underrated. I know some of their posters were annoying but their team was 0-10 two years ago. I don't agree that Arkadelphia was underrated in that they're exactly where they were supposed to be right now, and they were still a really good team even when they were 0-5! Judging by the preseason top 10 definitely Prairie Grove had a down year, Pea Ridge had an okay year. Preseason top 10 was pretty dang close to nailing it actually.

hogfan10

Quote from: RyanLR on November 28, 2018, 10:52:26 am
For sure Bauxite was very underrated. I know some of their posters were annoying but their team was 0-10 two years ago. I don't agree that Arkadelphia was underrated in that they're exactly where they were supposed to be right now, and they were still a really good team even when they were 0-5! Judging by the preseason top 10 definitely Prairie Grove had a down year, Pea Ridge had an okay year. Preseason top 10 was pretty dang close to nailing it actually.
During the 0-5 stretch, Arkadelphia was not a good team. Tuff 5 game stretch, for sure, but the Badgers should have won 2 of those 5 and probably a 3rd.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 28, 2018, 11:29:16 am
During the 0-5 stretch, Arkadelphia was not a good team. Tuff 5 game stretch, for sure, but the Badgers should have won 2 of those 5 and probably a 3rd.
The Badgers weren't underrated or overrated, they underperformed during some of those first 5 games.

HeberFan

"Rated" is subjective -- a sliding scale on a slippery slope. It's even quantum.

richboy

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 28, 2018, 11:38:16 am
The Badgers weren't underrated or overrated, they underperformed during some of those first 5 games.
Nashville, wynne, and sylvan hills for sure. Our special teams costed the badgers during the Nashville game. We were missing a few key players when we played Wynne but kept it close. sylvan hills i dont know what happened but they lost in the semis to greenwood and kept the game very close for the most part.

hogfan10

Quote from: richboy on November 30, 2018, 04:02:59 pm
Nashville, wynne, and sylvan hills for sure. Our special teams costed the badgers during the Nashville game. We were missing a few key players when we played Wynne but kept it close. sylvan hills i dont know what happened but they lost in the semis to greenwood and kept the game very close for the most part.

Sylvan Hills, we s/h put them away in the first half. We let them hang around, and they're size along w/early season heat wore us down.

CoachRH

Longsnapper81

Heard Patton got a group of Bryant kids to defect to Bauxite last summer.  Could account for some of that turn around.
Any fact at all behind that rumor??

FootballFan00

Quote from: Longsnapper81 on December 03, 2018, 07:23:46 am
Heard Patton got a group of Bryant kids to defect to Bauxite last summer.  Could account for some of that turn around.
90 % of the kids there that actually made a difference on the team have spent their entire high school career at bauxite

AirWarren

I think one of their WR's came from Bryant.

moneyminers

4 Sophomores. 1 got quality reps at WR. The others became key scout team players, futures is bright for all of them IMO

Coach9586

Not sure about the underclassmen, but that senior group with the exception of one or two were there from the beginning. Who knows what will happen with move ins now that both Benton and Bryant made it to WMS. Could see an Exodus of people chasing a ring.

AirWarren

Quote from: Coach9586 on December 03, 2018, 08:36:07 am
Not sure about the underclassmen, but that senior group with the exception of one or two were there from the beginning. Who knows what will happen with move ins now that both Benton and Bryant made it to WMS. Could see an Exodus of people chasing a ring.

AND the finishing of the SWLR high school. Those "border" kids that have ended up at Bryant may shift back........

HeberFan

Most overrated team in the state?  Arkansas Razorbacks!

FootballFan00

Eaglefreak

I think Hamburg was in the top 10 all year so I think they were very over rated and nobody saw West Helena and Dumas being the machines they were.  Also, Treylond Burkes was the straw that stired the drink in Warren and after he went down Warren was not the same team so I dont know if Warren would have been as dominant in their own conference let alone the state.  Elkins was who we thought they were and that Southside team was way overrated.  Even though Arkie were defending CHAMPS, I don't think they got enough love.  I think next year will be very very interesting...cant wait!

Eaglefreak

I think Hamburg was in the top 10 all year so I think they were very over rated and nobody saw West Helena and Dumas being the machines they were.  Also, Treylond Burkes was the straw that stired the drink in Warren and after he went down Warren was not the same team so I dont know if Warren would have been as dominant in their own conference let alone the state.  Elkins was who we thought they were and that Southside team was way overrated.  Even though Arkie were defending CHAMPS, I don't think they got enough love.  I think next year will be very very interesting...cant wait!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas