• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Mount Ida @ Hazen

Started by hornetfan8, November 23, 2018, 09:56:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

who-knew

Quote from: cuz on November 24, 2018, 08:30:49 pm
Wow can't believe you're worried about the Lions after all Gurdon beat them....😁
one game at a time cuz, you know you can't look ahead this time of year

Old Scrapper

We had the answer for anything Gurdon tried to run that night but that doesn't mean we will have the answer for MT Ida.

OLionSwag74

Maybe like Rivercrest beat those Dragons last year, maybe they didn't show up to play at all?

cuz

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 24, 2018, 09:01:46 pm
Maybe like Rivercrest beat those Dragons last year, maybe they didn't show up to play at all?
You must be slow, that was pretty apparent with the score, but we was proud to be there, new coach and all.... it improved our resume....😁

Old Scrapper

the only game we were confident in winning was our third round game.

HG Hornet

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 23, 2018, 10:01:33 pm
This will be an interesting match up. If Mt Idas offense can chip away and play their ball control offense they can make a game of this. If Hazen comes out and stuffs them the first 3 or 4 possessions Hazen will walk.
My thoughts exactly.  Ida isn't pretty, but they manage to control the clock with their style of offense.  Hazen reminds me a lot of us last year......hope I didn't just jinx you guys. 

I'm predicting purple everywhere at WMS in two weeks.....Purple Dragons vs Purple Hornets!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 24, 2018, 10:37:16 pm
My thoughts exactly.  Ida isn't pretty, but they manage to control the clock with their style of offense.  Hazen reminds me a lot of us last year......hope I didn't just jinx you guys. 

I'm predicting purple everywhere at WMS in two weeks.....Purple Dragons vs Purple Hornets!

I agree with your prediction

Hasbeen92

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on November 24, 2018, 06:05:54 pm
Hasbeen don't be scared of the 8
I'm not scared of anyone but I've seen enough from junction city to know they are the 8

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 24, 2018, 08:54:32 pm
We had the answer for anything Gurdon tried to run that night but that doesn't mean we will have the answer for MT Ida.
The veer isn't that complex but it makes you play assignment defense all ballcarriers must be accounted for bust an assignment and off they go Mt Ida will play like they been here before a lot different than the Hotdog Circus that showed up last night

Hasbeen92

Quote from: cuz on November 24, 2018, 08:30:49 pm
Wow can't believe you're worried about the Lions after all Gurdon beat them....😁
Yea why would you worry about a team that has seniors that have played in the state championship game the last 2 years

cuz

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 24, 2018, 11:19:36 pm

Yea why would you worry about a team that has seniors that have played in the state championship game the last 2 years
Your confused I have no worries....😂😂

Hasbeen92

Quote from: cuz on November 24, 2018, 11:57:26 pm
Your confused I have no worries....😂😂
That was a preverbal " you" and I'm rarely confused

dragondad

OLionSwag74

Ida shocks the state in a low scoring battle.

IdaLions

Honestly I don't know how much Hazen passes. But I hope not much because that kills us. We would much rather attempt to defend the run. Hopefully Mount Ida can get the ball down the field and waste time doing it. That Hazen D is really no joke!

who-knew

Quote from: IdaLions on November 25, 2018, 10:21:49 am
Honestly I don't know how much Hazen passes. But I hope not much because that kills us. We would much rather attempt to defend the run. Hopefully Mount Ida can get the ball down the field and waste time doing it. That Hazen D is really no joke!
They can throw if they need to

OLionSwag74

Does Toll play QB this year? I heard they put him in the backfield as a runner

N2DEEP

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 25, 2018, 10:36:39 am

From what I have seen depends on the play. He plays some QB, but also lines up at TE/FB.

IdaLions

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 25, 2018, 10:36:39 am

It'll be fun watching him and Lagrange collide in the middle

dawgpound

He mostly plays qb but will line up other places just not often

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on November 25, 2018, 01:16:33 pm

Wasnt needed to line up else where often. You have to slow down the normal offense to get a chance to see the special offense. 🤫🤫

hornetfan8

Quote from: dawgpound on November 25, 2018, 01:16:33 pm
Honestly that was against y'all. It's all game dependent from what I can tell

Hornetsfan02

He will probably line up at TE and we will play more of the rpo seeing as y'all font like passing trams

who-knew

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 25, 2018, 01:20:21 pm
Wasnt needed to line up else where often. You have to slow down the normal offense to get a chance to see the special offense. 🤫🤫
That is a correct statement, and I will say it's a hard offense to stop with that trio

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 25, 2018, 01:20:21 pm
So DA slowed them down enough to see that special offense....???😆

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 25, 2018, 07:38:50 pm
So DA slowed them down enough to see that special offense....???😆

Yeppers

Hasbeen92

Quote from: IdaLions on November 25, 2018, 12:49:36 pm
It'll be fun watching him and Lagrange collide in the middle
Is Lagrange back 100%

couch-coach06

Lagrange had a shoulder injury ... He seems tuff ... I don't think it matters if he is healthy .. I bet he will be fine

BO_KNOWS

Hazen just way to much this year , Mount ida has had a great run with these boys .. hazen 40 MI 14
Which sets up the game of the year hazen vs jc in the rock

Hasbeen92

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 25, 2018, 09:55:15 pm
Lagrange had a shoulder injury ... He seems tuff ... I don't think it matters if he is healthy .. I bet he will be fine
I'm pretty sure he's tough but he plays a big role and was wondering if he was 100%

SWAT11

Yeah if I was Hazen I wouldn't worry about Mt. Ida either. Their senior class has played in 43 games in senior high. 39-4 in that time.

Hazen is really good. So are the other three teams left. So was Bearden in 07. Hampton in 16.

couch-coach06

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 25, 2018, 10:04:30 pm
I'm pretty sure he's tough but he plays a big role and was wondering if he was 100%
I guess what I'm saying is a shoulder injury isn't gona affect his game too much

Hasbeen92

Quote from: SWAT11 on November 25, 2018, 10:05:48 pm
Yeah if I was Hazen I wouldn't worry about Mt. Ida either. Their senior class has played in 43 games in senior high. 39-4 in that time.

Hazen is really good. So are the other three teams left. So was Bearden in 07. Hampton in 16.
Nobody from Hazen thinks Mt. Ida isnt a worthy opponent I think it was 05 or 06 Hazen played at Mt Ida right before y'all started making your runs in the playoffs I know how important football is to that community

SWAT11

I think someone was beating their chest saying they weren't worried

IdaLions

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 25, 2018, 10:15:28 pm
I guess what I'm saying is a shoulder injury isn't gona affect his game too much

At Gurdon it seemed very bad, a lot of people thought he would re injury it honestly. He has looked good the past few games, if it's hurting he isn't showing it at all. Very tough kid. The Gurdon game was the first time i've ever seen the kid in pain.

Bulldogfan101

I haven't seen Mt. Ida play this year so no offense to them but #22 for the Hornets goes 0 to 60 in about 3 steps! I hope both teams are healthy and stay that way! Good luck to both!

Old Scrapper

Quote from: SWAT11 on November 25, 2018, 10:44:48 pm
I think someone was beating their chest saying they weren't worried
Maybe you just took his comment wrong. go back and read there wasn't any chest beating.

BlueCrew4U

This should be a war in the trenches but I think Hazen's backs will be the difference.
Hornets by 2 tds.

Hornetsfan02

Fence Jockey

It's been a pretty long time for me posting on this board, been doing a lot more of what my name say, riding the fence and watching for a long time more than talking. Decided I would throw my 2cts worth in on this. As most of the old time posters on here know, I am one that calls it like I see it, for better or for worst. In years past I have watched a bunch of great 2A teams take the field, and in all, one thing has separated them from & above the rest, they are playing a very high level of physical football. They just flat out punish you on both sides of the ball. With each & every play they are not only taking away your strength but also taking away your mental will little by little. The game may not be over until the clock strikes 0 at the end of the 4th, but the opponent may be defeated even before halftime by these extremely physical teams. BY the middle of the 3rd it seems as if the life force has all but left the other team when facing these types of teams that have that type of physical play.  The only way to beat a physical team is to be more physical yourself. This years Hazen team has shown me what I have seen in many of the past great teams I have watched. They are extremely strong, super fast and for better ways of saying it, seem to thrive on being sadistic for a better word. They, to say it mildly are just flat out brutal (not in an unsportsmanlike way) on the field to an extent it make you feel for the other team. I mean, play after play after play it is this way on both sides of the ball. Running backs not avoiding tackles but running over defenders, defenders making tackles on the other side of the ball just not dragging them down but driving them into the ground. Linemen beating their lineman.  As I said, all game long, play after play. I think if Mt Ida can match this, it will be a game for sure, if not, it most likely will just be some of the same of what we have seen from past teams they matched up against, just being over powered.             

who-knew

Very well put, it seems as this team is playing on a different level than the other teams they have faced at this point in the season.

Bulldogfan101

Old Scrapper

Hazen 42 Mount Ida 12 with 15 holding calls. Get this thing back on the right subject before B.G. pulls yalls plug

Bulldogfan101

I believe Hazen will win too! I was impressed! Yes I am eating my crow now!

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Bulldogfan101 on November 26, 2018, 10:14:15 pm
I believe Hazen will win too! I was impressed! Yes I am eating my crow now!
It's all good, we all have at one time or another.

jsw6f0

Hazen folks can you post the size and stats of your backfield?  How big is the Toll kid? Speed?

jsw6f0

BTW Old Scrapper Mt Ida hasn't had 15 hold calls in 3 years. Not saying we don't but it rarely gets called.

Raging_Hornetic

Both backs are over 1200 yards on the year. Green is probably 6 foot 230 and Penn is probably 5 foot nine and 210.

Toll is 6'6 and 240. Probably a 4.8 but his first step is probably the fastest on the tean

Old Scrapper

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 27, 2018, 07:05:20 am
BTW Old Scrapper Mt Ida hasn't had 15 hold calls in 3 years. Not saying we don't but it rarely gets called.
I was only joking, I was trying to keep this thread from heading down the wrong path, I figured if I put something crazy like that out there Hazen/Hampton wouldn't get cranked up.

IdaLions

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 27, 2018, 07:05:20 am

We've actually had a lot more holding calls this year I feel like. and it's usually on quick pitches or speed sweeps so we can get the outside 😂

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas