• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Prescott @ Booneville

Started by knownothingboutfallball, November 23, 2018, 09:53:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KOJACK

Quote from: nastynice on November 26, 2018, 11:23:41 am
Sounds like we better start airing up the basketballs then.
I didn't know y'all played.

elmerfudd

knownothingboutfallball

Nasty you know the cats can handle a hard runner or speed and definitely can't cover pass

nastynice

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on November 26, 2018, 12:03:16 pm
Nasty you know the cats can handle a hard runner or speed and definitely can't cover pass

I know. We're screwed come Friday night.

rattlerfan17

Quote from: davecw on November 26, 2018, 09:09:18 am
I wish it was in Prescott so that I could go but I don't want to go bad enough to do the drive to Booneville again.

You can go to Youtube and search for "Booneville Bearcat Sports" to find the live stream. It'll be from Booneville announcers perspective but at least you can watch it from your home instead of in the cold rain after a long drive 😎

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 26, 2018, 10:46:45 am
Our backfield is amazing we have a bruising runner in 35 that will run you over and a very fast runner 32 you is dangerous running outside and our quarterback is tall and can run or throw. When he runs he reminds me of a past quarterback Arkansas had named Matt Jones who wore number 9 like our quarterback. By the way Matt Jones was conceived in Prescott when his father was a assistant coach under legendary Prescott football coach Eddie Jackson who is in the Arkansas high school coaches Hall Of Fame.

Amazing!  Um....who gets the props for where Matt Jones was apparently conceived?  Proof of said exchange? Does this give extra points or take away points for Preskitt?

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 26, 2018, 12:51:34 pm
Amazing!  Um....who gets the props for where Matt Jones was apparently conceived?  Proof of said exchange? Does this give extra points or take away points for Preskitt?
Just thought you would find it interesting but I guess not! 😁

Bearcatdad

Looks like the rain chances keep going up for Friday.  Going to be a cold wet night for the game.

KOJACK

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 26, 2018, 01:18:59 pm
Looks like the rain chances keep going up for Friday.  Going to be a cold wet night for the game.
I hope so

OLDSCHOOL82

Linebacker

Booneville good at basketball too?

OLDSCHOOL82

Brian G

elmerfudd

knownothingboutfallball

Ralphina

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 24, 2018, 04:07:28 pm
From the stands in front of the press box, i hardly ever hear it over the cheering and the cannon. It's angled to blow across the field at the visitors. I'm sure it's much louder from that side of the field.
Well Prescott should be used to the train horn! Most kids have lived here their whole life and have heard a train horn every couple of hours.. They should feel right at home!

elmerfudd

Quote from: Ralphina on November 26, 2018, 08:53:53 pm
Well Prescott should be used to the train horn! Most kids have lived here their whole life and have heard a train horn every couple of hours.. They should feel right at home!

In all seriousness, I spoke to some Walnut Ridge fans after our game a couple of weeks ago. They said the same thing lol

Sick Dog

I even see some of our kids hop on it and ride down to the next red light going home after practice each day.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 26, 2018, 09:14:18 pm
I even see some of our kids hop on it and ride down to the next red light going home after practice each day.

They are welcome to jump on 33 back and he will give them a ride Friday night.   That way they will feel right at home. 😂😂

HungryHippo

The Prescott seniors will feel right at home at WMS where they were 2 years ago as sophomores. Prescott wins by 3 scores

CapnObvious

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 26, 2018, 09:23:50 pm

They are welcome to jump on 33 back and he will give them a ride Friday night.   That way they will feel right at home. 😂😂
I have a feeling we will be riding some on his back like I think the Booneville defense will be riding some on our number 35's back ! 😁😛

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 26, 2018, 10:27:50 pm
I have a feeling we will be riding some on his back like I think the Booneville defense will be riding some on our number 35's back ! 😁😛

We will see.  Most of our boys like hitting people in the mouth better than riding them 😂

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 26, 2018, 10:59:35 pm
We will see.  Most of our boys like hitting people in the mouth better than riding them 😂
Our teams are a lot alike. They have running backs that run mad and they like hitting people in the mouth and taking them for a ride. All I can say is everyone better have a mouth piece in or their could be some teeth lying around after this slobber knocker battle! 😁

gold45

This is going to be a heck of a match up between two very similar teams.  Almost feel like this should be the Championship game instead of the Semis but anyway..The Cats take this one by at least 14.  Home field advantage matters.

CatPride

Quote from: HungryHippo on November 26, 2018, 10:20:32 pm
The Prescott seniors will feel right at home at WMS where they were 2 years ago as sophomores. Prescott wins by 3 scores
You have lost your mind!!

LHChick

Prescott will beat Booneville 46-20. My prediction. Prescott will get theirs with our 6'8 QB our 255 pound sophomore running back and #3 is the best receiver in the state. We have already beat the best 3A has to offer. CLINTON.

beach bum

Quote from: LHChick on November 27, 2018, 07:50:29 pm
Prescott will beat Booneville 46-20. My prediction. Prescott will get theirs with our 6'8 QB our 255 pound sophomore running back and #3 is the best receiver in the state. We have already beat the best 3A has to offer. CLINTON.

They're the best team 3A has to offer and lost to Prescott by 18??? Smackover would like have a word with your comment. You folks sure have some weird criteria for who is best. Last time I checked most people actually care about what happens on the field. Not just some phantom determinations of who they think is best.

KOJACK

Quote from: beach bum on November 27, 2018, 08:05:29 pm

They're the best team 3A has to offer and lost to Prescott by 18??? Smackover would like have a word with your comment. You folks sure have some weird criteria for who is best. Last time I checked most people actually care about what happens on the field. Not just some phantom determinations of who they think is best.
Tell Smackover we'll talk to them later, we still have football to worry about.

beach bum

November 27, 2018, 08:10:28 pm #131 Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 08:12:51 pm by beach bum
Quote from: KOJACK on November 27, 2018, 08:09:54 pm
Tell Smackover we'll talk to them later, we still have football to worry about.

Exactly, I just thought his comment was a disservice to the 4 teams remaining who earned their spots here. The 4 best teams right now in 3A are the 4 teams we see left. Prescott, Booneville, Rison, and Osceola all deserve their credit.

KOJACK

KOJACK

In all honesty Booneville will be the best team Prescott has played, but Prescott will be the best team Booneville has played as well. If Prescott comes out and plays their game and plays it well they will win by 2 scores, if not it will be a battle. If they lay an egg Booneville will steam roll them...but I don't see Prescott not playing well. They are healthy and have guys playing in the right position and their depth has finally came through and they only have 2 guys going both ways. This ain't the Prescott that Booneville saw last time, this is a power run team that matches up well with Booneville. We ain't gonna try to run around y'all...

elmerfudd

Quote from: KOJACK on November 27, 2018, 08:20:05 pm
In all honesty Booneville will be the best team Prescott has played, but Prescott will be the best team Booneville has played as well. If Prescott comes out and plays their game and plays it well they will win by 2 scores, if not it will be a battle. If they lay an egg Booneville will steam roll them...but I don't see Prescott not playing well. They are healthy and have guys playing in the right position and their depth has finally came through and they only have 2 guys going both ways. This ain't the Prescott that Booneville saw last time, this is a power run team that matches up well with Booneville. We ain't gonna try to run around y'all...

Hahaha "power run team". That's a good one!!

ChucktownTiger

KOJACK

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 27, 2018, 08:30:17 pm
When you comment like this it makes you seem like you don't know much about football. It's cool to be a casual fan and just comment here and there, but for people who know the sport they also know that your comment is one made by someone who is out of touch with this season.

LHChick

Hey Chucktown is Boonevilles defense as nasty as your Charleston defense was in the state final game of 16? We only had 460 rushing yards that game.

KOJACK

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 27, 2018, 08:50:06 pm
Booneville by 21!!!!!! CATS ROLL!!!!
If you can't beat them, join them I guess.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 27, 2018, 08:30:17 pm
What's dangerous about Prescott is we can run it down your throat with our super sophomore 200+ pound number 35 who has rushed for over a thousand yards or we can run by you with our speedy junior number 32 who has over a thousand yards also. We have a quarterback who is dangerous running or throwing and we have good receivers that can catch especially number 3 who is probably the most talented player on our team and that's saying a lot. The key will be like all games who controls the line of scrimmage on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: LHChick on November 27, 2018, 09:24:34 pm
Hey Chucktown is Boonevilles defense as nasty as your Charleston defense was in the state final game of 16? We only had 460 rushing yards that game.
Amen and we could have hung over 40 points on them if we hadn't showed mercy on them and took a knee on their goal line at the end of the game. That was a complete butt whopping we gave them in the 2016 State Championship game! Good memories but that is the past and on with the future.

Linebacker

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 27, 2018, 09:44:14 pm
Amen and we could have hung over 40 points on them if we hadn't showed mercy on them and took a knee on their goal line at the end of the game. That was a complete butt whopping we gave them in the 2016 State Championship game! Good memories but that is the past and on with the future.

+1 That's Right. Prescott skull drug them that night!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on November 27, 2018, 08:10:28 pm
Exactly, I just thought his comment was a disservice to the 4 teams remaining who earned their spots here. The 4 best teams right now in 3A are the 4 teams we see left. Prescott, Booneville, Rison, and Osceola all deserve their credit.
Not necessarily. If Prescott wins out, who's to say the other losers are better merely because they faced Prescott later in the process. That's a factor of seeding not superiority.

Linebacker

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 27, 2018, 09:35:55 pm
What's dangerous about Prescott is we can run it down your throat with our super sophomore 200+ pound number 35 who has rushed for over a thousand yards or we can run by you with our speedy junior number 32 who has over a thousand yards also. We have a quarterback who is dangerous running or throwing and we have good receivers that can catch especially number 3 who is probably the most talented player on our team and that's saying a lot. The key will be like all games who controls the line of scrimmage on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

+1 Don't worry Booneville gonna get them a snort of that Curley Wolf run game!😤

Skip Baymore

November 27, 2018, 10:55:56 pm #144 Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:58:17 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: HungryHippo on November 26, 2018, 10:20:32 pm

Winning by 7 could mean 2 safety's and a field goal, ie 3 scores?  Just a thought.  Actually a much more likely scenario than beating Booneville by 21 or more here probably.

1wildcat

November 27, 2018, 11:04:40 pm #145 Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:07:44 pm by 1wildcat
Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 24, 2018, 07:36:15 pm
Not good at all.  We have just gotten really lucky all year.
Not real sure about all that. But if true, I expect that luck to continue for another 3 score win this week. So don't be getting your nerves all worked up just yet ;D Oh and congratulations on your win over CHG, I'll be pulling for ya again this week. 8) So good luck and Hope to see ya soon!

Razorhummer

I'm going to go with Booneville in this one. Prescott has a great team but Booneville is on another level. I had Booneville picked to win the 3A state title before the season even started. I'm pretty sure if Booneville was still in class 4A they would still be playing this Friday night.

AlumniLights

Quote from: LHChick on November 27, 2018, 09:24:34 pm

Nice post buddy. As stated before, there is "family" ties in Booneville and it's coaching staff in regards to the Charleston support. Long-time friends and former coaches kids reside in Booneville. So, before you go and bash Charleston and their support for the Bearcats, take a step back. You have no idea what you're talking about. Prescott is always in the hunt, every single dang year. I think Poole has got it figured out in recent years on how to use his studs. You can't just throw it up to your athletes and hope they go get it. I think Prescott's ability to run the football the past few years and utilize their athletes all over the field instead of just through the air has helped them tremendously. Wish I could attend this one Friday. I even think my 'ol pal Adapted will be in attendance. Good luck to both teams, whoever shows up for this is going to be in for a treat. Prescott, safe travels.

elmerfudd

Quote from: KOJACK on November 27, 2018, 08:50:27 pm
When you comment like this it makes you seem like you don't know much about football. It's cool to be a casual fan and just comment here and there, but for people who know the sport they also know that your comment is one made by someone who is out of touch with this season.

Oh mighty KOJACK.... just bc you have a stud RB, a QB that runs like a deer, and you run the zone read option 75% of the time....doesn't make you a "power" run team.

If Prescott is considered a "power run" team, then what do you call Booneville's offense??

The best power run team Booneville faced this year was Pottsville. They had 5 starters quit shortly after, so their season didn't end well, but they had three backs just like Prescotts's and an O-line better than anything in the 3A. They drove us off the ball all night, yet here we are 13-0.

Maybe it's you, Mr. KOJACK, who doesn't know enough about football to understand the difference between "power run" and just regular ol' run. But don't worry....it'll be on display for you soon enough.  ;D

KOJACK

Zone read option??? Lol, you keep making my point for me.  ::)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas