• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Rison @ Osceola

Started by 501Arkansas, November 23, 2018, 09:36:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got?

Osceola
34 (28.6%)
Rison
85 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 119

bootsie84

Osceola has an athletic quarterback that can run and throw. They have good receivers too. However, defensively, they have allowed a lot of points. I don't believe that they'll be able to slow down Rison at all and they will be stymied by the speed and strength of the Rison defense. I don't think it will be a mercy-rule situation but won't be as close as people think as the Wildcats prevail.

HoodRat

Still remaining with the Wildcats in this one, as I have all year.

501Arkansas

Quote from: bootsie84 on November 24, 2018, 02:53:02 pm
Osceola has an athletic quarterback that can run and throw. They have good receivers too. However, defensively, they have allowed a lot of points. I don't believe that they'll be able to slow down Rison at all and they will be stymied by the speed and strength of the Rison defense. I don't think it will be a mercy-rule situation but won't be as close as people think as the Wildcats prevail.
We won't have a problem stopping y'all offense and we won't have a problem moving the ball. We are big and fast as well. This game will be closer than you think with Osceola winning it at home

Buck Beefheart

Noles get Fryed at Home. Rison by 12

HG Hornet

Don't know much at all about Osceola except that they were good enough to travel a long way and beat Smackover on their own muddy field.  Don't know much about Rison this year except what I remember about last year's game with them which CHG won at home convincingly, with the help of six Rison turnovers.  Chavis is dang good and kept them fairly close with us last year almost by himself.  They're good or they wouldn't be where they are right now.

I'm gonna say Rison wins it by single digits.

teh29

To the posters asking about Osceola accomidations/food. There is a Mexican restaurant very close to the stadium. There is also a McDonald's and a taco bell/kfc fairly close.  Since you guys traveling will be coming through marion/west Memphis..  There are also several good places to eat there..  And it's only about 45 mins from Osceola.  The stadium is very close to the interstate.  Like,  once you take the Osceola exit..  You should see the stadium lights to your right.  It's a mile,  maybe 2 tops from the interstate.  very easy to find and access..  Exit to the right..  Turn right..  Go roughly a mile..  Turn left..  And the stadium is on your right..  Visitor side faces the road so just pull in.  As far as chairs..  They will NOT let you on the field..  It has a fence all the way around it.  But, for a 3a school..  This stadium is huge.  There will definitely be plenty of seating for all who want to come see the game.  Visitors have their own concession/bathroom. Though honestly..  The concessions leave something to be desired. They have drinks/candy/chips/nachos.. Your run of the mill concessions..  But you won't get burgers and BBQ nachos/frito pies like I've seen at some other venues.  There is plenty of parking as well,  though most of it on the visitor side is in the grass.  The bleacher seats do not have backs..  So you can bring a bleacher back seat if you wish..  But once again..  There is not a place for a lawn chair and they will not let you onto the field.  Hope this helps some of you making the trip..  Looking forward to a great game!

MamaKitty

Quote from: teh29 on November 25, 2018, 10:30:16 am
To the posters asking about Osceola accomidations/food. There is a Mexican restaurant very close to the stadium. There is also a McDonald's and a taco bell/kfc fairly close.  Since you guys traveling will be coming through marion/west Memphis..  There are also several good places to eat there..  And it's only about 45 mins from Osceola.  The stadium is very close to the interstate.  Like,  once you take the Osceola exit..  You should see the stadium lights to your right.  It's a mile,  maybe 2 tops from the interstate.  very easy to find and access..  Exit to the right..  Turn right..  Go roughly a mile..  Turn left..  And the stadium is on your right..  Visitor side faces the road so just pull in.  As far as chairs..  They will NOT let you on the field..  It has a fence all the way around it.  But, for a 3a school..  This stadium is huge.  There will definitely be plenty of seating for all who want to come see the game.  Visitors have their own concession/bathroom. Though honestly..  The concessions leave something to be desired. They have drinks/candy/chips/nachos.. Your run of the mill concessions..  But you won't get burgers and BBQ nachos/frito pies like I've seen at some other venues.  There is plenty of parking as well,  though most of it on the visitor side is in the grass.  The bleacher seats do not have backs..  So you can bring a bleacher back seat if you wish..  But once again..  There is not a place for a lawn chair and they will not let you onto the field.  Hope this helps some of you making the trip..  Looking forward to a great game!

Thanks for the info! Do they let parents in the field after the game?

Paperman

After the game parents/fans are welcome on the field.

Paperman

As best I can tell, Rison and Osceola have met once. Not sure of the year or score, but the Wildcats were the winner.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Paperman on November 25, 2018, 11:39:56 am
After the game parents/fans are welcome on the field.
Yes after the game everyone is welcome to come on the field

bootsie84

Quote from: Paperman on November 25, 2018, 11:42:54 am
As best I can tell, Rison and Osceola have met once. Not sure of the year or score, but the Wildcats were the winner.
The 1950 finals. Rison won their first state title that year with future Razorback star, George Walker, at quarterback.

The Voice Seminole Nation

Quote from: wildcat4life on November 24, 2018, 09:05:27 am
Questions:  1:  is there a place for lawn chairs in the end zone area? 
2:  is Osceola's field turf? 

Looking forward to this game!  Rison travels well and so do their fans, so this should be a good one!

Osceola will not allow lawn chairs. Osceola has a very nice stadium, one of the best you will see.  Turf football field.  Osceola will not let anyone around the field that doesn't have a press pass or sideline credentials. Everyone sits in the stands.

Quote from: MamaKitty on November 23, 2018, 10:46:21 pm
So I started a thread without seeing this one had been started. 🤦🏻‍♀️  Anyway...I need logistics lol. We are coming a long way next week so here's what I wanna know:

I'm just wanting some basic information about Osceola.
1) Good places to eat?
2) What is the seating situation like at their stadium? Should we bring lawn chairs?

Looking forward to a good game between two good teams.

Don't listen to Head Lion, he is kind of hard on us.  First off, we welcome you to Osceola and we hope your travel will be pleasant.  Osceola has several great places to eat. Mi Pueblo is a mexican restaurant that is down from our Wal-Mart. We have the sandbar grille that has home cooking or whatever you please.  It is owned by home town people and it is very good.  It is on into town on your left in front of Barton's Lumber Company.  We also have the normal fast food restaurants, McDonald's, Sonic, KFC/Taco Bell, Subway, Pizza Hut, Huddle House etc...  For Hotels we have a Days Inn and Econo Lodge.  As far as the stadium goes, ours is one of the best in the state.  Turf Field surrounded by a 8 lane track.  The whole field is fenced off for safety of our players. The visitors have their own entrance to the visitors side, your own concession stand and bathroom.  No one is allowed to be on the field without a press pass or sideline credentials. I do believe they allow the fans to be on the field for maybe the pre-game run thru and post game, just not during the game.  again, we welcome you to Osceola and if you need anything, just let us know!!! 

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: The Voice Seminole Nation on November 25, 2018, 12:50:43 pm
Osceola will not allow lawn chairs. Osceola has a very nice stadium, one of the best you will see.  Turf football field.  Osceola will not let anyone around the field that doesn't have a press pass or sideline credentials. Everyone sits in the stands.

Visitor's stands looked a little small on Google Earth.
What are the overflow to do then?

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on November 25, 2018, 01:00:58 pm

The visitors bleachers are plenty big enough, i promise you that.  We played our rivalry game at Osceola this year against Rivercrest and we accommodated them easily.  It was full but we handled the crowd. You will have no problem having a seat. 

Waterboy94

From watching a few of the Seminoles games on YouTube, looks like quite a few penalties called against Osceola.

Head Lion

Quote from: The Voice Seminole Nation on November 25, 2018, 12:59:01 pm
Don't listen to Head Lion, he is kind of hard on us.  First off, we welcome you to Osceola and we hope your travel will be pleasant.  Osceola has several great places to eat. Mi Pueblo is a mexican restaurant that is down from our Wal-Mart. We have the sandbar grille that has home cooking or whatever you please.  It is owned by home town people and it is very good.  It is on into town on your left in front of Barton's Lumber Company.  We also have the normal fast food restaurants, McDonald's, Sonic, KFC/Taco Bell, Subway, Pizza Hut, Huddle House etc...  For Hotels we have a Days Inn and Econo Lodge.  As far as the stadium goes, ours is one of the best in the state.  Turf Field surrounded by a 8 lane track.  The whole field is fenced off for safety of our players. The visitors have their own entrance to the visitors side, your own concession stand and bathroom.  No one is allowed to be on the field without a press pass or sideline credentials. I do believe they allow the fans to be on the field for maybe the pre-game run thru and post game, just not during the game.  again, we welcome you to Osceola and if you need anything, just let us know!!!
Not being hard, stadium and turf is as good as gets in 4A and below. Be honest tho, how many people from out of town go to Osceola to eat besides to the Mexican place? Go Noles!

Quote from: Head Lion on November 25, 2018, 03:37:25 pm
Not being hard, stadium and turf is as good as gets in 4A and below. Be honest tho, how many people from out of town go to Osceola to eat besides to the Mexican place? Go Noles!

How many come to Osceola to eat from out of town? Let's see, people coming in for sporting events, like this Friday's game.  People that come to Osceola for work. People that come in for church events, city events etc.... Many people visit several of our restaurants from out of town....I;m just saying...not trying to start anything here...I just live here...I kind of know....lol

ISU7

Trust me there will be plenty of seats on the visitor side. Osceola and Rison turf seems to be the same except for two colors the black at Rison the purple at Osceola the old gold is on both fields.

flow51

Yes they do look small but they arnt. There will be plenty of seats

Zebras98

Been looking at a couple videos from the Noles, and they aren't too impressive to me. Most of that was done through one time luck. But good luck to both teams. I have Rison coming out on top and competing in the championship game.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Zebras98 on November 25, 2018, 09:40:48 pm
Been looking at a couple videos from the Noles, and they aren't too impressive to me. Most of that was done through one time luck. But good luck to both teams. I have Rison coming out on top and competing in the championship game.
Oh getting to the semifinals is "luck"? Aw okay

KOJACK

Stand up and watch...or get their early. Most nice facilities don't allow lawn chairs in the endzone...

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 25, 2018, 10:23:33 pm
Oh getting to the semifinals is "luck"? Aw okay
Lol sometimes you need a little luck to win a championship, I'm sure a golfer don't call his hole in one shot to win the tournament. ;D ;D

MamaKitty

Quote from: The Voice Seminole Nation on November 25, 2018, 12:59:01 pm

Aww thanks so much!! And if you ever have a need to come down to Rison...we will show the same hospitality!! We will see you guys early on Friday afternoon!!

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 26, 2018, 08:36:37 am
Lol sometimes you need a little luck to win a championship, I'm sure a golfer don't call his hole in one shot to win the tournament. ;D ;D
Lol maybe a couple plays or so but not the whole season man lol

501Arkansas

Quote from: MamaKitty on November 26, 2018, 08:42:25 am
Aww thanks so much!! And if you ever have a need to come down to Rison...we will show the same hospitality!! We will see you guys early on Friday afternoon!!
You'll be just fine, nothing to worry about. I hope you and the city of rison have a safe trip to Osceola and safe trip leaving Osceola back to rison. Enjoy the game at Seminole stadium

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 26, 2018, 08:47:21 am
Lol maybe a couple plays or so but not the whole season man lol
Of course not the whole season, ;D  maybe one game to keep you rolling.  8)

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 26, 2018, 08:50:32 am
You'll be just fine, nothing to worry about. I hope you and the city of rison have a safe trip to Osceola and safe trip leaving Osceola back to rison. Enjoy the game at Seminole stadium
You are so Fake news bro. lol I got a cookie for you.  ;D ;D jk . Good deal.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 26, 2018, 08:53:27 am
You are so Fake news bro. lol I got a cookie for you.  ;D ;D jk . Good deal.
lol

Sick Dog

I think Rison D will be too much for the Osceola O. I think Rison will run the ball successfully on Osceola and win by 2 TD's. Just my expert opinion.

Leo Marvin

Good luck to the Seminoles!!  Unfortunately Newport stumbled at the end of the season, so I'll be rooting for y'all!

Osceola 28
Rison 21

501Arkansas

Quote from: Leo Marvin on November 26, 2018, 10:13:22 pm
Good luck to the Seminoles!!  Unfortunately Newport stumbled at the end of the season, so I'll be rooting for y'all!

Osceola 28
Rison 21
Good deal

501Arkansas

All I hear about is rison run game how is their passing game? I know they run the ball very well.

RHScats

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 26, 2018, 11:25:33 pm
All I hear about is rison run game how is their passing game? I know they run the ball very well.
95% of what Rison has accomplished on the field EVER has been that very run game.  If it's not broke, don't fix it.

501Arkansas

Quote from: RHScats on November 27, 2018, 01:40:16 am
95% of what Rison has accomplished on the field EVER has been that very run game.  If it's not broke, don't fix it.
Right okay cool

Jimbo Morphis

No one has stopped their running game to find out.

501Arkansas

ea cat

Rison threw a few passes in our scrimmage way back when.

501Arkansas

ea cat

Like the old boy wearing tight pants, they might have fit but they were sure uncomfortable.

JoeDirt

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 24, 2018, 04:18:12 pm
We won't have a problem stopping y'all offense and we won't have a problem moving the ball. We are big and fast as well. This game will be closer than you think with Osceola winning it at home

Easy there.....Rison is no slouch team.

ISU7

If you have a very good run game you wont need to pass, remember how fans in this area (cough cough ;D) were calling Crest one dimensional last year and in 2015, they ran the ball both years all the way to WMS, Colts passed some in the 2017 finals catching JC off guard. Rison do have a couple guys who can go get it if they need to pass. 8). Looking at the weather forecast for Friday night it wont be a good night for passing with possible  rain and winds between 10-20mph.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on November 27, 2018, 10:26:27 am
If you have a very good run game you wont need to pass, remember how fans in this area (cough cough ;D) were calling Crest one dimensional last year and in 2015, they ran the ball both years all the way to WMS, Colts passed some in the 2017 finals catching JC off guard. Rison do have a couple guys who can go get it if they need to pass. 8). Looking at the weather forecast for Friday night it wont be a good night for passing with possible  rain and winds between 10-20mph.
I hate to burst your bubble, but RC was one dimensional in 2015 and it cost them at WMS. Harding Academy managed to slow down the most prolific rusher in the state and they had nothing else. Had they had a passing attack, even a mediocre one, they likely would have another state championship.

1wildcat

Osceola will score a few points but will not be able to keep up. Rison 56  Osceola 26

501Arkansas

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 27, 2018, 01:06:55 pm
Osceola will score a few points but will not be able to keep up. Rison 56  Osceola 26
Nobody scoring 50 nothing on Osceola

1wildcat

RHScats

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 27, 2018, 01:08:48 pm
Nobody scoring 50 nothing on Osceola
not saying they will but don't think for a min that you can score a few times and win. You may slow them down a little but you will NOT stop that offense so be prepared to score some points.

501Arkansas

Quote from: RHScats on November 27, 2018, 01:21:58 pm
not saying they will but don't think for a min that you can score a few times and win. You may slow them down a little but you will NOT stop that offense so be prepared to score some points.
Vic versa

blackandoldgold

Hats off to Osceola for Jonathan Adams. He was one of the best running back I ever had the pleasure of watching play football over the last 50 years or so.

If you guys had him Friday night, Rison could stay home & phone it in. He was truly a difference maker.

You young guns at Osceola, if you didn't see him play you missed a great one.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas