• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Osceola @ Smackover

Started by 501Arkansas, November 16, 2018, 09:42:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got?

Osceola
47 (58.8%)
Smackover
33 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

501Arkansas

Fourthdown

501Arkansas

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2018, 03:38:10 pm
They don't want Osceola on turf...it will end poorly

Doesn't matter where it's played. They are still going to show up and give it their all. Just as they do every single game they play.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 19, 2018, 07:46:26 pm
Doesn't matter where it's played. They are still going to show up and give it their all. Just as they do every single game they play.
Didn't ask if it didn't matter, I'm just letting everyone know that it's not in smackover. Don't want anyone making a blank trip to smackover. It's going to be a great game.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 19, 2018, 07:48:43 pm
Didn't ask if it didn't matter, I'm just letting everyone know that it's not in smackover. Don't want anyone making a blank trip to smackover. It's going to be a great game.

I didn't ask if you asked if it mattered. I quoted bald head up there. Not you.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 19, 2018, 08:19:39 pm

I didn't ask if you asked if it mattered. I quoted bald head up there. Not you.
Tooo bad

KOJACK

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2018, 03:38:10 pm
They don't want Osceola on turf...it will end poorly
Don't get it twisted, Smackover has 2 guys that are better than Osceola's 2 best...

501Arkansas

Quote from: KOJACK on November 19, 2018, 08:23:32 pm
Don't get it twisted, Smackover has 2 guys that are better than Osceola's 2 best...
They just have 2?

KOJACK

501Arkansas

Quote from: KOJACK on November 19, 2018, 08:29:22 pm
I didn't say that. I just said their 2 best are dang good.
Yeah I know what you said I was just asking. I love that Turner kid game he is a beast.

501Arkansas

Quote from: KOJACK on November 19, 2018, 08:23:32 pm
And what other guy you say is better than osceolas best 2?

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 19, 2018, 09:13:00 pm
And what other guy you say is better than osceolas best 2?
Probably #23 their linebacker he is tough as nails. Noles will have to account for him on every play. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 20, 2018, 12:04:21 am
Probably #23 their linebacker he is tough as nails. Noles will have to account for him on every play.
Aw yeah I seen him on tap as well as #4

Warriors023

I feel like defense won't exist in this game. I see this becoming an all out guns blazing shootout between the 2 best offenses in 3A football.

BuckHead

The location has NOT been determined. If you seen that post on 42 sports it has since been deleted. Smackover is working on the field and it could be in Smackover. Still waiting on a decision tho. Everything posted on social media isn't true lol

Horse Shoe

Quote from: ISU7 on November 20, 2018, 12:04:21 am
He lines up as a DE sometimes also.  One of the smallest guys on the field, but tough as an old boot.  I've seen him frustrate many offenses.  Of course I know the Noles have their talent as well.  We all know the Bucks will have their hands full Friday night.

ISU7

November 20, 2018, 07:31:45 am #117 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:34:57 am by ISU7
Quote from: BuckHead on November 20, 2018, 07:16:42 am
The location has NOT been determined. If you seen that post on 42 sports it has since been deleted. Smackover is working on the field and it could be in Smackover. Still waiting on a decision tho. Everything posted on social media isn't true lol
Lol if you re playing a home game it shouldn't be an issue  rain, sleet or snow this seems to be an every year thing. You would think they issue would be taken care of by now. ;D Oh btw Smackover area forecast for early Friday evening is a 100 percent chance of rain  ;D 8)

Horse Shoe

Quote from: BuckHead on November 20, 2018, 07:16:42 am
100% chance of rain right now for Friday.  There is not a whole lot that can be done to get the field ready.  Yesterday you could barely walk across it without getting your feet muddy.  It doesn't drain well at all because it is so flat, and there just isn't enough time for it to dry out. 

ISU7

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 20, 2018, 07:37:53 am
100% chance of rain right now for Friday.  There is not a whole lot that can be done to get the field ready.  Yesterday you could barely walk across it without getting your feet muddy.  It doesn't drain well at all because it is so flat, and there just isn't enough time for it to dry out.
E L D O R A D O. ;D

Horse Shoe

November 20, 2018, 07:55:11 am #120 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:57:00 am by Horse Shoe
Quote from: ISU7 on November 20, 2018, 07:48:44 am
E L D O R A D O. ;D
Best option all around.  No ready made excuses for either side.  If we can pull off a victory, I would like to be able to say we earned it.

Headhunter15

What's the deal with the norphlet field ?? Not enough seating or what?

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 20, 2018, 08:07:28 am
Pretty much the same deal as at Smackover.  Field is flat in a low lying area that drains poorly.  It may look ok, but just the activity on it for teams warm-up alone, would cause the conditions to go downhill fast.

JeffSavagIV

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 20, 2018, 08:07:28 am
The reason they've kept the senior high team off the Norphlet field is that as of 3 weeks ago the visitors stands were evaluated and deemed condemned so Norphlet is not an option as a safe playing surface until that's fixed in the spring.

biglion1985

ISU7 you remember El Dorado don't you 🤣

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 20, 2018, 08:53:28 am
Pretty much the same deal as at Smackover.  Field is flat in a low lying area that drains poorly.  It may look ok, but just the activity on it for teams warm-up alone, would cause the conditions to go downhill fast.
I heard you're gonna build an indoor facility there also.

flow51

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Oldman on November 20, 2018, 10:21:57 am
I heard you're gonna build an indoor facility there also.
Pouring the foundation tomorrow.

ISU7

Quote from: biglion1985 on November 20, 2018, 10:19:46 am
ISU7 you remember El Dorado don't you 🤣
Yes sir big night for Crest. I also remember in  2016 2nd rd of the playoffs,  JC and Crest played in what was like quick sand at the cotton patch. I saw a Crest player get tackled and disappeared in a puddle of water, the field was horrible the game was delayed a few minutes before it got started because it was still storming at 7pm. JC and Crest still played on that sloppy field. 8)

WorkOrder

Horse Shoe

Quote from: WorkOrder on November 20, 2018, 01:15:32 pm
Smackover 42
Oscecola 14
Hold on now!  Don't you know this game may be played on turf? 

501Arkansas

Quote from: WorkOrder on November 20, 2018, 01:15:32 pm
Smackover 42
Oscecola 14
Lol no way Osceola score less that 14 points, what kind of drugs are you on? Lol

WorkOrder

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 20, 2018, 01:34:15 pm
Lol no way Osceola score less that 14 points, what kind of drugs are you on? Lol

It will be a good game. Just trying to ruffle some feathers

BuckHead

I think this game will be played in Smackover. I just watched the interview from Smackover coach and he seems to think it will be a buckaroo stadium as well. I think this will be a shootout. I watched the Cox kid from Newport gash Osceola all 2nd half so I think they're in for a rude awakening when they run into that buzzsaw named Greg Turner and it will be a little too much of him. Smackover 42 Osceola 35.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: BuckHead on November 20, 2018, 02:08:41 pm
I think this game will be played in Smackover. I just watched the interview from Smackover coach and he seems to think it will be a buckaroo stadium as well. I think this will be a shootout. I watched the Cox kid from Newport gash Osceola all 2nd half so I think they're in for a rude awakening when they run into that buzzsaw named Greg Turner and it will be a little too much of him. Smackover 42 Osceola 35.
I like the way you think.  Atmosphere is much better at Buckaroo Stadium.  If we get that 1/2 inch of rain that is forecast to fall Friday, I don't see that many points being scored though.

BuckHead

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 20, 2018, 02:59:19 pm
I like the way you think.  Atmosphere is much better at Buckaroo Stadium.  If we get that 1/2 inch of rain that is forecast to fall Friday, I don't see that many points being scored though.
Considering rain you could be right. I think Osceola is a great team. Without being bias I think Smackover will be a little too much tho. Kam Turner is a good Qb no doubt but we do have to take in consideration that he's a sophomore too. Greg will play a little more defense in sure and Javon will be coming off that edge all night. They are fast enough to keep Kam contained and not give him enough time to consistently throw good passes that only his Wrs will have a chance at. Crockett is as fast as any receiver Osceola has and I'm sure Jaqueze will be in the secondary alot too so it's not going a cakewalk passing giving those circumstances. Now, add that along with Turner getting 25 plus touches and I don't think they can stop him from getting 4-5 yards a pop. Nobody Turner has played against since he was a kid has done that and I just don't see Osceola being the 1st. Osceola will respect our run and we do have a dynamic deep threat in Jaqueze that can score on the deep ball at anytime. Again Osceola is a great team but against Newport they just didn't look consistent to me. Alot of Osceola yards came off of busted plays where no one was open and Turner made something out of nothing. He will do some of that against Smackover but not as much because we're way faster than Newport. That's why I'm giving the edge to Smackover. This will be a great game tho and could come down to whoever has the ball last.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BuckHead on November 20, 2018, 04:03:19 pm
Considering rain you could be right. I think Osceola is a great team. Without being bias I think Smackover will be a little too much tho. Kam Turner is a good Qb no doubt but we do have to take in consideration that he's a sophomore too. Greg will play a little more defense in sure and Javon will be coming off that edge all night. They are fast enough to keep Kam contained and not give him enough time to consistently throw good passes that only his Wrs will have a chance at. Crockett is as fast as any receiver Osceola has and I'm sure Jaqueze will be in the secondary alot too so it's not going a cakewalk passing giving those circumstances. Now, add that along with Turner getting 25 plus touches and I don't think they can stop him from getting 4-5 yards a pop. Nobody Turner has played against since he was a kid has done that and I just don't see Osceola being the 1st. Osceola will respect our run and we do have a dynamic deep threat in Jaqueze that can score on the deep ball at anytime. Again Osceola is a great team but against Newport they just didn't look consistent to me. Alot of Osceola yards came off of busted plays where no one was open and Turner made something out of nothing. He will do some of that against Smackover but not as much because we're way faster than Newport. That's why I'm giving the edge to Smackover. This will be a great game tho and could come down to whoever has the ball last.
I shudder to think of the edge you would give Smackover if your were biased. LOL!

Dapper Dan

I think the bucks will be too much to handle for Osceola. Too much speed in Smackover. Bucks 24-20

501Arkansas

Just like no one has stopped Greg Turner I don't see no one stopping Kam Turner at all. Osceola has 3-4 deep threats and anyone can go off in this game. You can't key on one guy on Osceola. This will be the best defense Greg Turner has faced all season. Good thing Osceola isn't like other teams smackover has played. But it will be a good game. It's going to be a long night for smackover

Horse Shoe

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 20, 2018, 04:44:42 pm
Just like no one has stopped Greg Turner I don't see no one stopping Kam Turner at all. Osceola has 3-4 deep threats and anyone can go off in this game. You can't key on one guy on Osceola. This will be the best defense Greg Turner has faced all season. Good thing Osceola isn't like other teams smackover has played. But it will be a good game. It's going to be a long night for smackover
After Friday night, Prescott will still be the best defense has faced all year.  Win or Lose.

teh29

After referencing every source I could..  Maxpreps..  YouTube..  Hootens etc in consideration to this game, I feel like most have overlooked a very important principle of football.  Like the old saying goes..  Games are won and lost in the trenches.  Osceola is massive up front on both sides of the ball considering they are a 3a school.  Both schools have speed,  playmakers etc. They are both still playing football for a reason.  They both have high powered offenses that can put it in the endzone quickly.
But Osceola wins this game simply due to having the advantage on the line. Hard to run/throw/tackle or anything else if you are getting beat up front.. And I think this will be the difference in this game. 

PermaBan

WHITEchicken

I have not seen any Osceola games so I have no reference on them . I will say that Smackover has a great defense and can run with anyone in 3a. I will also say the one thing that has given us problems this year is a qb that can move around. Not a qb that can throw good. Foreman's qb couldn't throw but burned us a few times with his legs. Prescott did the same. Danville hit us because of some alignment issues. I don't see that happening this week. How does Osceolas qb compare to Prescott's qb or foreman's in the nobility department?

jay nelvin

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 20, 2018, 06:57:55 pm
I have not seen any Osceola games so I have no reference on them . I will say that Smackover has a great defense and can run with anyone in 3a. I will also say the one thing that has given us problems this year is a qb that can move around. Not a qb that can throw good. Foreman's qb couldn't throw but burned us a few times with his legs. Prescott did the same. Danville hit us because of some alignment issues. I don't see that happening this week. How does Osceolas qb compare to Prescott's qb or foreman's in the nobility department?
Their QB isn't as good as Foreman or Prescott's, but not far behind.  You can search Newport vs Osceola via youtube and watch that game.  Noles are huge and very fast.  Overall team speed is IMO best in 3A.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 20, 2018, 04:44:42 pm
lol the same can be said for Osceola.

ISU7

You are spot on a majority of K Turner yds definitely come from busted plays and scrambling the only problem is one guy usually miss him and then he makes others miss K. Turner is already a state champion this kid knows no fear without him it would be a different team for the Noles. Good luck trying to contain him cause if you lose sight of him you will get burned

KOJACK

November 20, 2018, 08:41:14 pm #146 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:19:06 pm by KOJACK
Quote from: ISU7 on November 20, 2018, 07:49:51 pm
You are spot on a majority of K Turner yds definitely come from busted plays and scrambling the only problem is one guy usually miss him and then he makes others miss K. Turner is already a state champion this kid knows no fear without him it would be a different team for the Noles. Good luck trying to contain him cause if you lose sight of him you will get burned
:-X

init2winit

Quote from: BuckHead on November 20, 2018, 02:08:41 pm
I watched the Cox kid from Newport gash Osceola all 2nd half so I think they're in for a rude awakening..
I think you may be underestimating Osceola. Danville had 2 backs over 100 yards each. If Osceola is as good as advertised, this will come down to the very end.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 20, 2018, 07:49:51 pm
+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas