• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Nashville @ Shiloh

Started by beach bum, November 16, 2018, 09:35:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

November 16, 2018, 09:35:18 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:07:17 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
What a game this will be

Jaderosenbaum44

beach bum

I think Robinson, Arkadelphia, Nashville, and Shiloh are the 4 teams with a real shot at the title who are left and this is hands down the best quarterfinal of the bunch next week. Shiloh really has not played a tough opponent in about 2 and a half months so I am a little reluctant to pick them even though they are blowing people out of the water. On top of that the Scrappers are well tested. That said I will say

Saints 35

Nashville 27

Sports Guru

Beach Bum

West Helena may be another one that could have a shot as well if they hold on to beat Dumas

Top Shelf

beach bum

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on November 16, 2018, 09:43:41 pm
Beach Bum

West Helena may be another one that could have a shot as well if they hold on to beat Dumas

I think they have an offense to win a title, but I do not believe their defense matches these four above. I imagine the Warren posters who now have seen HWH and Arkadelphia in a two week span would say the same that the Badgers defense is probably at a whole different level than HWH.

JoeWho

My friend say they are tough bunch!  Sound like a Rivalry Renewed!   Nashville has not beaten Shiloh at Shiloh! 

Go Scrappers!!!!  8)

$aintMaximu$

From this point on its a grind!!!  Winner gets Arkie firing on all cylinders and the Joe T(most likely).  We ain't in Kansas no more...

$aintMaximu$

Not trying to be offensive but I don't think the Mena win tells us anything... 

RyanLR

This is the best team the Saints will have played other than Texarkana. I don't think that they'll be able to pass effectively in this game. Going with the Scrappers in this one.

OrangeCrush.

How good is Shiloh's O line at pass blocking? Have they seen much pressure and speed this year?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on November 16, 2018, 10:13:57 pm
How good is Shiloh's O line at pass blocking? Have they seen much pressure and speed this year?

Shiloh has very good line play on both sides but they have only been tested a couple times. The OK team was good too, their only loss last time I checked was to Shiloh.  Shiloh will have to be much more careful throwing on Nashville. Our receivers have helped when the route is out of our QB's range and those passes against Nashville will most likely get picked.   

polksalet

This is one of the fastest ville teams ever. Is shiloh can run successfully to set up the pass they have a decent chance. If they can't run it could get rough. I'll say ville by 10-11.

Stealthfan

I can assure you Shiloh has a very capable running game and possibly the most overlooked talented ball carrier because of their pass-first approach. Short answer is "yes".

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Stealthfan on November 17, 2018, 01:51:39 am
I can assure you Shiloh has a very capable running game and possibly the most overlooked talented ball carrier because of their pass-first approach. Short answer is "yes".
It's not just him, but Russ is the real deal!

sportsguy80

Should be a very good game. When was the last time these two met???

Stealthfan

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 17, 2018, 02:12:18 am
It's not just him, but Russ is the real deal!
That's him.  He's very creative out there and hard to bring down. They also have several others of all shapes and sizes that can get it done.

SUGARTOWN

scrapman

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 17, 2018, 02:28:29 am
Should be a very good game. When was the last time these two met???
Nashville beat them in 15.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 17, 2018, 07:17:43 am
Shiloh wins this one IMO.
Yes and win big. Won't be as lopsided as Star City and Mena, but I would expect the Saints to march on.

sportsguy80

Quote from: scrapman on November 17, 2018, 08:00:06 am
Nashville beat them in 15.
I didn't think it was that long ago. These two teams definitely has some history. If I know Nashville like I think I do, it's gonna be a very packed house at Champions Stadium.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 17, 2018, 12:59:25 pm
I didn't think it was that long ago. These two teams definitely has some history. If I know Nashville like I think I do, it's gonna be a very packed house at Champions Stadium.

Last 2 times it was standing room only. They pack it in for sure!

phdefense

Top Shelf

Quote from: phdefense on November 17, 2018, 02:19:52 pm
I feel obligated to post this here

Is this years Shiloh team as geographically diverse as the 09 squad was?

Stealthfan

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 17, 2018, 02:35:07 pm

I think that's another use for the Cross Church helicopter.  You know, to get the football players to school on time every morning.  That chopper must be invisible like Wonder Woman's jet because I've lived around here over a decade now and never seen it.  It apparently stays pretty busy because it has to pick up all players from around the US down to the 4th grade age group to achieve the success they have throughout the program.  Couldn't be the coaching or the way the programs run.  Has to be that helicopter.  Probably always has been.   

Top Shelf

November 17, 2018, 04:10:39 pm #25 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 04:19:20 pm by Top Shelf
Quote from: Stealthfan on November 17, 2018, 03:15:09 pm
I think that's another use for the Cross Church helicopter.  You know, to get the football players to school on time every morning.  That chopper must be invisible like Wonder Woman's jet because I've lived around here over a decade now and never seen it.  It apparently stays pretty busy because it has to pick up all players from around the US down to the 4th grade age group to achieve the success they have throughout the program.  Couldn't be the coaching or the way the programs run.  Has to be that helicopter.  Probably always has been.
Yep, the way the program was/is run 'attracted' players from all over the region

Bigbossman

Do the daddy's take the field pregame?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 17, 2018, 02:35:07 pm

Probably less geographically diverse than 2015....

sportsguy80

Wow... I remember watching the score for that game and couldn't believe the comeback. 4A has always had great playoff games.

Stealthfan

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 17, 2018, 04:10:39 pm
Yep, the way the program was/is run 'attracted' players from all over the region

I'm sure it's that way.  No other attractive programs here in NWA for kids to play for. 

scrapman

Quote from: Stealthfan on November 17, 2018, 04:45:13 pm
I'm sure it's that way.  No other attractive programs here in NWA for kids to play for.
How about the one they are zoned to go to. That's always an idea.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: scrapman on November 17, 2018, 08:04:11 pm
How about the one they are zoned to go to. That's always an idea.

Nobody has to do that. 

scrapman

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 17, 2018, 08:40:58 pm
Nobody has to do that.
Nah. And if the coach corrects you then transfer because he is not going to disrespect you like that. If you are second team, transfer. You need to be playing. These kids now days need to get theirs. They are owed something and need to go play for someone who has their best interest in mind.

Top Shelf

Back-to-back baseball state champions- 44
Back-to-back baseball state runner ups- 35

Top Shelf

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 17, 2018, 04:12:25 pm
Do the daddy's take the field pregame?
I've never understood why visitors have a problem with this pregame ritual.

Stealthfan

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 17, 2018, 08:40:58 pm
Nobody has to do that.
Unless a kid wants to go to a private school in their area.  They then are ineligible for a whole year.  Not too many takers there.  That's why good private school programs must scout the playgrounds of daycares to nab those stars early.  PA and Shiloh apparently can spot the talent in a toddler at a glance!

Top Shelf

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Nashville doesn't have those big ol' linemen like that this year.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Stealthfan on November 17, 2018, 09:41:00 pm
Unless a kid wants to go to a private school in their area.  They then are ineligible for a whole year.  Not too many takers there.  That's why good private school programs must scout the playgrounds of daycares to nab those stars early.  PA and Shiloh apparently can spot the talent in a toddler at a glance!
Yep

PA Dad

Quote from: Stealthfan on November 17, 2018, 09:41:00 pm

PA is the best at spotting promising toddlers.  We get them signed up at 3 years old.

Stealthfan

A little history research with some logic and common sense will show the successes of PA and Shiloh (as well as others) have never had anything to do with "cheating".  The root source and basic foundation of this success is what was established by one Gus Malzahn.  It's the coaching people.  It's really not the invisible helicopter.

PA Dad

Quote from: Stealthfan on November 17, 2018, 10:18:37 pm
  A little history research with some logic and common sense will show the successes of PA and Shiloh (as well as others) have never had anything to do with "cheating".  The root source and basic foundation of this success is what was established by one Gus Malzahn.  It's the coaching people.  It's really not the invisible helicopter.

Absolutely correct.  You can look at any successful program and you'll find a great coach.
PA never won a championship before Kelley.  Rick Jones proved that a public school can compete with the advantages of a private school- he is 2-2 against PA.  NLR has always had great talent but has been unable to win a championship until Mitchell.  Talent is great but it doesn't win championships without great coaching.

Stealthfan

Quote from: PA Dad on November 17, 2018, 10:34:29 pm
Absolutely correct.  You can look at any successful program and you'll find a great coach.
PA never won a championship before Kelley.  Rick Jones proved that a public school can compete with the advantages of a private school- he is 2-2 against PA.  NLR has always had great talent but has been unable to win a championship until Mitchell.  Talent is great but it doesn't win championships without great coaching.

And Malzahn's fingerprints can be found on all of them. 

Top Shelf

72701, 72718, 72712, 72737, 72901, 72762, 72753, 64863, 74008- 35
71852- 44

Top Shelf

November 18, 2018, 08:00:34 am #45 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 08:09:29 am by Top Shelf
Quote from: Stealthfan on November 17, 2018, 04:45:13 pm
Drives/flies by a lot of attractive programs to get to school- 35
Drives/rides bus to nearest school- 44

#1thetruth

The thing about PA from most private schools..... is, they deliberately seek out  diversity early on. Starting ftom pre-k. They offer financial aid to many, all over central Little Rock. The formula works. Moist of their minority kids are in place before 7th grade... they' never shy away from that fact, nor does LR Christian.  Most private schools in the state are harmed by their on flight. they also pluck a very small number Of Preferred's... meditate on that awhile..... this happens around large and small town private schools..... open your eyes,  and take a deeper look at how PA and LRC manage to balance their diversity standards. Whatever they do, they do a great job at it, and it's successful on and off the field. Go Badgers!!!

Top Shelf

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 18, 2018, 08:47:31 am
The thing about PA from most private schools..... is, they deliberately seek out  diversity early on. Starting ftom pre-k. They offer financial aid to many, all over central Little Rock. The formula works. Moist of their minority kids are in place before 7th grade... they' never shy away from that fact, nor does LR Christian.  Most private schools in the state are harmed by their on flight. they also pluck a very small number Of Preferred's... meditate on that awhile..... this happens around large and small town private schools..... open your eyes,  and take a deeper look at how PA and LRC manage to balance their diversity standards. Whatever they do, they do a great job at it, and it's successful on and off the field. Go Badgers!!!
I wish PA would've never been mentioned. I heard Gunman got banned for life back in 2010 just for saying how great they were!

footballclaim

This is certainly the best Shiloh team in a while. They have athletes and great coaching and discipline. However, they also have motivation within the team that I have not seen in a while. This team will come screaming out of that tunnel of theirs and into the nightmares of Nashville. I'm gonna say Shiloh by 21+. I think they can do this if they play like they have been playing like the last few games.

scrapman

Quote from: footballclaim on November 18, 2018, 10:01:59 am
This is certainly the best Shiloh team in a while. They have athletes and great coaching and discipline. However, they also have motivation within the team that I have not seen in a while. This team will come screaming out of that tunnel of theirs and into the nightmares of Nashville. I'm gonna say Shiloh by 21+. I think they can do this if they play like they have been playing like the last few games.
Ooooooooohhhhh. Not nightmares

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas