• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-4A Basketball Schedules, and Score thread

Started by Sports Guru, November 13, 2018, 04:26:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Warren 64
Crossett 58

Lady jacks 50
Lady eagles 27

wait4it

Mr.Magnolia06

Magnolia freshman Ford #20 had 30 points and the other  freshman #23 had 16,,,,,,

AirWarren

Saw photos of your gym, Crossett. Beautiful.

wait4it

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on January 16, 2019, 11:00:01 am
Magnolia freshman Ford #20 had 30 points and the other  freshman #23 had 16,,,,,,
Sounds like Magnolia is off and running.  How is the Roach kid playing?  Is he playing? 

Is there any team in 8-4A to stop Magnolia?  Will they win their region?

Mr.Magnolia06

Roach is doing great he is not the #1 player on the team now because of the force of the freshmen he may be 4th best on the team ,,the 2nd scream is just as good never the same line up , and no I'm pretty sure magnolia will the conference easy ,,

MR.GOMAB

Roach is having a pretty solid year so far, displaying great senior leadership. Has really good strength (3 Time All-State Running Back) and great on ball defense. Magnolia is a very solid team and the only competition from the other side of the region I see is Mena..maybe.

#1 Hog fan

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on January 18, 2019, 04:14:04 pm
Roach is having a pretty solid year so far, displaying great senior leadership. Has really good strength (3 Time All-State Running Back) and great on ball defense. Magnolia is a very solid team and the only competition from the other side of the region I see is Mena..maybe.

Mena probably couldn't stay within 30. Nashville looks like the best team in that conference right now, but unless I'm missing something Magnolia is heads and shoulders better than anyone in 7-4A.

Sports Guru

Mr.Magnolia06

Magnolia starters came out the middle of the 3rd and never got back in i was hoping for a better game,, not 85-30

Billie Blue

MR.GOMAB

Magnolia 85
Hamburg 30

I thought it would be a better game but I was mistaken. Freshman Garland led the way with 20 6-7 from 3. Ford  finished with 14 (foul trouble early). Senior Strickland was 3-4 from 3 finishing with 13.

wait4it

So the way I see it as of now....

1. Magnolia (will get Nashville or Bauxite in regional)
2. Monticello (will get Malvern or Arkadelphia in regional)
3. Camden Fairview (will get Malvern or Arkadelphia in regional)
4.  Warren (will get Mena in regional)

For all the haters....I have Monticello ahead of CF because I think the Monticello will beat CF by more than 2 points at Monticello giving Monticello the advantage.

wait4it

January 19, 2019, 02:56:55 pm #114 Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:38:48 am by wait4it
Conference points may come in to play in the end...
                                Record   Points
1. Magnolia               6-0         54
2. Monticello              4-2        37
3. Camden Fairview    4-2        32
4. Star City                2-4        20
5. Warren                  2-4        16
6. Hamburg               2-4        12
7. Crossett                1-5         2

Updated 1/23

MR.GOMAB

#5 Magnolia defeated Warren last night in conference play 58-47 (game played in Fordyce). Freshman Derrian Ford led the Panthers with 31 points followed by Senior Mar'Keveon Strickland with 11 and Freshman Colby Garland with 9. Magnolia is now 13-3 on the year overall and 6-0 in conference.

Sports Guru

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on January 23, 2019, 09:05:25 am
#5 Magnolia defeated Warren last night in conference play 58-47 (game played in Fordyce). Freshman Derrian Ford led the Panthers with 31 points followed by Senior Mar'Keveon Strickland with 11 and Freshman Colby Garland with 9. Magnolia is now 13-3 on the year overall and 6-0 in conference.

Magnolia will not lose again in regular season. They are a very good team I underestimated them. Magnolia will contend in the state tournament.

MR.GOMAB

I believe that Magnolia will contend in the State Tourney as well, being that it is at their house is a plus. Depending on how the brackets fall. Not really sure what is going on in the 7-4A but I don't think no one over there can beat Magnolia. So if they finish first in the South Region they will have a bye to the Quarter finals to play the winner between whoever finishes 3rd in the east region and 4th in their own region, Not sure who those teams will be right now. If they were to win that quarterfinal match up I see a semifinal match up with #1 LR Mills in the making (If they don't get upset by anyone, Which could happen). Mills may be picked i'm sure to win their region but idk it's filled with 5 other top ten teams like #7 Blytheville, #8 eSTEM, #6 Forrest City, #3 McClellan and #2 Westside with Brookland at #11. Only four get to dance out of the region though so that is going to be interesting. The winner of the East Region also has a first round bye to the Quarter finals to play the winner between the 3rd seed from the North Region and the 4th seed from the South. No matter who it is barring who it may be or any upsets the 1 seed from the East region will play the 1 seed from the South in the Semi Finals.

Im just ready to see how everything is going to play out and that everyone is Healthy!

wait4it

should be a fun state tournament.  If Magnolia continues to play well they may have a shot at it....

Billie Blue

Monticello Sr Boys 51
Crossett Sr Boys 41
Final

Billie Blue

Monticello Sr Boys 69
Star City SR Boys 52
Final

Mr.Magnolia06

wait4it

I see that Magnolia has chalked up another convincing win.  Sources told me that everyone played against Crossett.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: wait4it on January 31, 2019, 12:18:26 pm
I see that Magnolia has chalked up another convincing win.  Sources told me that everyone played against Crossett.

Started a little slow but those freshmen led them home in the second half and the coach was able to clear the bench. Garland and Ford! Got great contributions from Beasley, Roach and Strickland as well.

Good one against Monticello on Friday in Magnolia. Then they have a 3 game conference road trip after that vs Camden Fairview, Star City and Hamburg before returning home to face Warren in the conference finale at home on Feb 15th. Regionals start on the 18th in Mena.

CTEPirateFan

MR.GOMAB

February 01, 2019, 09:25:58 pm #125 Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:28:58 pm by MR.GOMAB
Magnolia upset by Monticello 59-55

Sports Guru

February 01, 2019, 11:10:59 pm #126 Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 10:37:36 am by Crossett Eagle
I will update everything tomorrow while I'm on the way to Baton Rouge for the Arkansas vs LSU game. Go Hogs.

Livewire

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on January 23, 2019, 01:51:29 pm
Magnolia will not lose again in regular season. They are a very good team I underestimated them. Magnolia will contend in the state tournament.

Did Monticello beat them?

Sports Guru

Greatdane6

So who won the big game in Camden tonight Magnolia vs Camden

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Greatdane6 on February 05, 2019, 09:10:23 pm
So who won the big game in Camden tonight Magnolia vs Camden

Magnolia bounced back with a 72-59 win behind Freshman Derrian Ford 33 points and 10 rebs.

Billie Blue

Monticello sr boys 54
Hamburg sr boys 43
Final

Mr.Magnolia06

I notice Camden was Missing like 3 to 4 players last night at the game,, the first one I notice was #3 which is a Sr and if u ask me is the best player on Camden team,,,, then I found out him and another starter got kicked off the team and #3 brother quit ,,,,,

Neckred

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on February 06, 2019, 02:54:24 pm
I notice Camden was Missing like 3 to 4 players last night at the game,, the first one I notice was #3 which is a Sr and if u ask me is the best player on Camden team,,,, then I found out him and another starter got kicked off the team and #3 brother quit ,,,,,
Was that the brothers who's dad died a couple of weeks ago?

Mr.Magnolia06

Yes,Chris,,,he was one of the ones that hot kicked off so his lil brother quit too

Neckred

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on February 06, 2019, 03:16:07 pm
Yes,Chris,,,he was one of the ones that hot kicked off so his lil brother quit too
Oh I hate that.  Good ball players

Mr.Magnolia06

They only had 9 boys on the team last night I'm pretty sure they had like 13-14 boys on the team

Mr.Magnolia06

Great ball player he can shoot from anywhere and jump out the gym

Neckred

Mr.Magnolia06

Boarhawg

Monticello boys are 15-6 overall and 8-2 in conference

CTEPirateFan

Monticello Girls also have the head-to-head over Magnolia if I'm not mistaken. Conference record trumps overall record in standings.

Mr.Magnolia06

Trying to understand you ,but want magnolia get the head to head over Monticello even though Monticello gave magnolia their only conference lost,,, reason I say that is because Monticello has a lost against Camden and magnolia swept Camden, if I'm wrong please explain,

MR.GOMAB

Magnolia will finish the 1 seed from this side going into the regional tourney at Mena. 15-4 overall and 8-1 in conference with a road conference game in Star City today. Hamburg on the road Next Tuesday and Final home game next Friday vs. Warren.

Mr.Magnolia06

That's what I'm trying to say,,,,, trying to see why he thinks Monticello got the head to head,,,,,,,

Neckred

Haven't seen Magnolia this year.  DO they just let Ford create?

Mr.Magnolia06

It's all team work,,,just normal play calling has great players around him that can make things happen,,,,, magnolia skills make up for their hight,,for just a great finisher nun he can't do

wait4it

Monticello girls hold tie breaker over Magnolia.  Mag beat Mont by 9 but Mont beat Mag by 10

Neckred

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on February 08, 2019, 10:23:58 am
It's all team work,,,just normal play calling has great players around him that can make things happen,,,,, magnolia skills make up for their hight,,for just a great finisher nun he can't do
Play calling?  I wouldn't run a play

Mr.Magnolia06

I wish they didn't do play calling I wish he just let them play I feel like they would be 18-0,,,the coach believe in 5 passes before u shoot I hate that Ford can score in the inside and get to the rim whenever he likes and the other freshman and hit 3s whenever but all that passing takes away from all that

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas