• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heber Springs @ Rivercrest

Started by Ghost of Colts52, November 10, 2018, 08:26:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WHO YA GOT?

Heber Springs
25 (34.7%)
Rivercrest
47 (65.3%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Ghost of Colts52

I don't know much about Heber, so I'll save my prediction until I watch the tape. Colts are undefeated at home, but no opponent they faced besides Osceola was able to make the second round of the playoffs. Who ya got?

bigchief72455

I am going with Rivercrest in this. Heber Springs is a good team. Pocahontas came in against them without a few starters and still kept it close. #3 was a thorn in their side all night. The Colts should be able to run the ball well on them. Both teams are well coached and HS rb is good. He was the bulk of their offense. They will sneak their TE out and pass to him as well. RC will have too much speed and size up front for HS to get by.

Coltfan2005

Well, Heber Springs seemed to have problems with Pokey but for much of their game, Rivercrest seemed to have problems with Fountain lake. . The defensive line shredded the FL running game but did have problems with some of FL's passing attack. Heber Springs has an excellent running back but he is ALL of their rushing attack. 1600 yards for him and less than 750 spread out for the entire rest of the team. Key on him and shut down the run? The Colts have the defensive line and speed to the corners to at least contain him somewhat. What really worries me, even more so after last night, is the Heber Springs passing game. Over 1300 yards before last night and they utilize 4 receivers primarily, two more than the others. So, no stacking the box.
Perhaps the Colts defensive line will once again come into play for the team. They have the capability of shutting down the inside rushing attack and coupled with a LB or two, putting pressure on the HS QB. IF the Colt defense can muzzle #13 and keep pressure on the QB, the Colts can win this game. The offense has to come out with a solid game plan but be ready to adjust in the first half. I don't think HS will allow them to wait until halftime. Of course, the Colts could just let #3 loose, not only can that kid take advantage of it but it loosens the focus HS will have on #1.
Overall, I'm going with the Colts against a very good HS team.

BoldRed420

Rivercrest in a blowout, plain and simple.

Ghost of Colts52

Yea,Unfortunately, Heber doesn't seem to have the things it will take to hang with Rivercrest. I'll take the Colts 44-20. Heber scores late on the 2nd string

Coltfan2005

I just hope everyone isn't overlooking HS.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 10, 2018, 01:10:20 pm
Heber is solid but rivercrest should be able to handle them, offensively might have to get creative with how they get the ball to their studs but these is a very winnable game for the colts the panthers probably won't make it easy though

AllBarkNoBite

Pulling for Heber Springs in this one. Should be a fun game to watch.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

If Rivercrest can defend the middle of the field with their secondary and stop the run between the guards and tackles then they should be alright

ISU7

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on November 10, 2018, 01:05:20 pm
Yea,Unfortunately, Heber doesn't seem to have the things it will take to hang with Rivercrest. I'll take the Colts 44-20. Heber scores late on the 2nd string
You sure watch the film quick lol

ISU7

Hopefully no team will overlook a team you never played

Lumberjackfan1978

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: ISU7 on November 10, 2018, 07:49:50 pm
You sure watch the film quick lol

well it was uploaded as I posted.

Coltfan2005

ST carried the game live, it was there from the beginning. Just watched it again and the HS defense seems to have a little problem with an offense with speed to the outside. Def line will be struggling with the Colt offensive line if HS comes out with a three man front again. RB for HS is awesome and QB is pretty dang good. This game will rest solely on Colt defense, cause I think the Colt offense will score in the low 30's...if they don't play as conservatively as they did against FL.

HeberFan

Rivercrest will do what they have done all season -- run up the middle and run to the edges. So far, that's worked really well. Colts certainly have the size advantage and excellent speed.

Heber will need to get off the field, fast, while on defense. Colts are good at grinding down their opponents with long, exhausting drives. Kind of have to defensively gamble against the Stallions, because if you play straight up, they usually score.

Neither team starts fast, so, that could be a game changer. Think the Panthers can win in a shootout. Ponies have better chance in a slow, ground and pound game.

ISU7

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 08:42:12 am
Rivercrest will do what they have done all season -- run up the middle and run to the edges. So far, that's worked really well. Colts certainly have the size advantage and excellent speed.

Heber will need to get off the field, fast, while on defense. Colts are good at grinding down their opponents with long, exhausting drives. Kind of have to defensively gamble against the Stallions, because if you play straight up, they usually score.

Neither team starts fast, so, that could be a game changer. Think the Panthers can win in a shootout. Ponies have better chance in a slow, ground and pound game.
Pretty good assessment but Colts can play fast too. Good luck to both teams safe travels to Heber and their fans. Praying for an injury free game. 8)

HeberFan

Quote from: ISU7 on November 12, 2018, 10:26:59 am
Pretty good assessment but Colts can play fast too. Good luck to both teams safe travels to Heber and their fans. Praying for an injury free game. 8)

Me too. Both squads are tough and I hope it's a good game. Not sure about the weather -- too far out to predict. The only game Colts didn't gallop this year was a rainy night, as I recall.

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 10:40:55 am
Me too. Both squads are tough and I hope it's a good game. Not sure about the weather -- too far out to predict. The only game Colts didn't gallop this year was a rainy night, as I recall.
Possibility of snow on Wednesday night into Thursday so it could be interesting.

BigRiverviewGuy

I see alot of underestimating on heber, they are a very physical team with a very good running back and solid qb, as you saw they hung in there with Stuttgart losing 33-36, I say they win this game 22-20

HeberFan

Snow would be fun, but, probably favor the Colts.

Weather forecast says clear and temps in the 40s. Should work for both teams.

bigchief72455

Quote from: BigRiverviewGuy on November 12, 2018, 01:37:46 pm
I see alot of underestimating on heber, they are a very physical team with a very good running back and solid qb, as you saw they hung in there with Stuttgart losing 33-36, I say they win this game 22-20
Pretty sure neither team is underestimating he other. They are both in the second round for a reason.

redandgray

The team won't be so it really won't matter what any fans think.  They'll prepare well.

BoldRed420

Quote from: BigRiverviewGuy on November 12, 2018, 01:37:46 pm
If you think Heber can keep this game within 3 touchdowns, then you are underestimating Rivercrest. I've seen both teams up close against my Skins and it isn't even a comparison.

RabAlumni

Quote from: BoldRed420 on November 13, 2018, 09:11:45 am
If you think Heber can keep this game within 3 touchdowns, then you are underestimating Rivercrest. I've seen both teams up close against my Skins and it isn't even a comparison.

I am pretty sure Heber played about as poorly as they could've against your Skins and still won by what 2 touchdowns?  If Heber plays like Heber can play, for example the second half against Lonoke or the game vs Stuttgart, then expect an upset in this one.  Playing at the Patch is extremely hard to do for anyone so Rivercrest certainly has this and tradition on their side.  I think this will be one of the better match-ups this week!

BoldRed420

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 13, 2018, 09:14:34 am

I am pretty sure Heber played about as poorly as they could've against your Skins and still won by what 2 touchdowns?  If Heber plays like Heber can play, for example the second half against Lonoke or the game vs Stuttgart, then expect an upset in this one.  Playing at the Patch is extremely hard to do for anyone so Rivercrest certainly has this and tradition on their side.  I think this will be one of the better match-ups this week!
Congrats on beating a team with 6 or 7 starters injured prior to the game and 2 more injured during the game by two touchdowns. You'd expect a 2 seed to be able to mercy rule a 5 seed with that many injuries. And yes, this is personal. One of Heber's boys headbutted one of our boys after our boy had his helmet knocked off.

HeberFan

Quote from: BoldRed420 on November 13, 2018, 09:19:58 am
Congrats on beating a team with 6 or 7 starters injured prior to the game and 2 more injured during the game by two touchdowns. You'd expect a 2 seed to be able to mercy rule a 5 seed with that many injuries. And yes, this is personal. One of Heber's boys headbutted one of our boys after our boy had his helmet knocked off.

Heber pulled several starters in the second half, but, mercy rule doesn't matter. Heber proved that by kneeling at Pokey's 7 yard line to end the game, instead of, trying for another score. I was at that game and didn't see anyone get headbutted sans helment. Heber doesn't have any ill will against Pokey. Thought ya'll played great and represented your conference well.

ISU7

Quote from: BoldRed420 on November 13, 2018, 09:19:58 am
Wow.

BigRiverviewGuy

The running back has 1900 rushing yards and 27 td with their qb also having over 1500 passing yards and 10+ td, very dynamic duo and I dont see it being a 3 touchdown game. I see it being within 7 points.

HeberFan

Quote from: BigRiverviewGuy on November 13, 2018, 09:31:04 am
The running back has 1900 rushing yards and 27 td with their qb also having over 1500 passing yards and 10+ td, very dynamic duo and I dont see it being a 3 touchdown game. I see it being within 7 points.

Would be a fun game if it's that close. Nobody has been able to stop those Colt runners, behind that big offensive line, all season. Panthers need some creativity on defense to stop that downhill train!

BigRiverviewGuy

Quote from: HeberFan on November 13, 2018, 09:42:07 am
Would be a fun game if it's that close. Nobody has been able to stop those Colt runners, behind that big offensive line, all season. Panthers need some creativity on defense to stop that downhill train!

I can see that but i hear the conference they have been in isnt too strong

HeberFan

Rivercrest definitely has a strong conference.

bigchief72455

Quote from: BigRiverviewGuy on November 13, 2018, 09:46:58 am
I can see that but i hear the conference they have been in isnt too strong
It was strong enough that their 5 seed gave Heber Springs a run for their money last week.

HeberFan

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 13, 2018, 10:37:08 am
It was strong enough that their 5 seed gave Heber Springs a run for their money last week.

Pokey played great.  Sharp blocking, hard running and no mistakes.

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on November 13, 2018, 10:51:53 am
Pokey played great.  Sharp blocking, hard running and no mistakes.
To go off of another post,we were also missing 5 starters.

HeberFan

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 13, 2018, 11:11:11 am
To go off of another post,we were also missing 5 starters.

That's a lot of starters. They were all injured in the previous week's game?

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: HeberFan on November 13, 2018, 11:16:57 am
That's a lot of starters. They were all injured in the previous week's game?
No, they've been throughout the season. One has been out all year, one WR/S for about half the year, QB since week 9, and the others were mainly here and there type injuries

Baby Blues give me poos

I'm pulling for Heber in this one all the way!

bootlegger

I have watched some film on Heber Springs ,they have a pretty qb and a very good rb,I think the game will be a lot closer than some think but I still feel that Rivercrests overall speed will be the deference and I think it will be something like 28 to 21 Colts

Ghost of Colts52

I'm kind of the same way. Heber Springs isn't a bad football team. The QB can be successful at times and The running back is obviously a stud. What separates Rivercrest is their line play first. Rivercrest is going to be bigger, stronger and faster up front. Second is the speed aspect at the second level. The HS running game won't be ripping off 40 yarders against this defense. They just aren't fast enough to create that edge. If Heber is going to keep this one close they are going to have to pass the ball extremely well and avoid third and long. I know all of the talk is about Rivercrest backs and their ability to score, but this team runs off of that elite level defense. Third is the expierence, Rivercrest took Fountain Lake lightly. It was obvious. They played flat for two and a half quarters. They won't do that again. I expect them to come out and execute immediately. Score a couple of times early and force heber to play from two scores down against them. I don't think Heber will be able to do it. 

Thetruth11

heard that the rivercrest head coach job is open? how/why? wondering how the team deals with knowing their coach is leaving, while playing in the playoffs

HeberFan

Quote from: Thetruth11 on November 14, 2018, 08:20:58 am
heard that the rivercrest head coach job is open? how/why? wondering how the team deals with knowing their coach is leaving, while playing in the playoffs

Have not heard that. Colts will be ready.

Thetruth11

Quote from: HeberFan on November 14, 2018, 08:23:25 am
Have not heard that. Colts will be ready.
idk if theres any truth behind it, but I saw it on the job openings forum

HeberFan

Quote from: Thetruth11 on November 14, 2018, 08:32:41 am
idk if theres any truth behind it, but I saw it on the job openings forum

That was posted January of 2018.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Thetruth11 on November 14, 2018, 08:20:58 am
Cmon man, You're a year behind.

Thetruth11

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on November 14, 2018, 08:47:05 am
Cmon man, You're a year behind.
Lol ;D ;D dang why he couldn't be the weather man here in NEA that way the snow forecast for today will be a year behind... ;D ;D

redandgray

ISU7

NEA welcomes winter weather to the playoffs. Stay safe stay warm. burrrrrrr. Current temp in Osceola 30 degrees feel like  21 degrees

Panther101

November 14, 2018, 08:46:49 pm #48 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 08:52:17 pm by Panther101
I retired from this forum years ago but I'm back. Personally I see this being a dang good game and a good matchup. Pocahontas can say what they want but Heber came out very flat the 1st few series then held Pocahontas scoreless the 2nd half. They ended up shut down in the middle and then tried the perimeter only to get hit with losses on most of them. Herber hasn't played a team to test them since Stuttgart so they struggled to get their game on. Rivercrest would be making a huge mistake to even think this will be a more than 7 point victory either way. Discipline and technique will overcome the speed and Heber can grind the ball just as much, then hit the big play to make you think what in the world! Field goals will make the difference at the end of 4 quarters. Better get ready for a good old knock down drag out!!! Heber 48 Rivercrest 42.

GO PANTHERS!!!!

luxora4life

Quote from: Panther101 on November 14, 2018, 08:46:49 pm
I retired from this forum years ago but I'm back. Personally I see this being a dang good game and a good matchup. Pocahontas can say what they want but Heber came out very flat the 1st few series then held Pocahontas scoreless the 2nd half. They ended up shut down in the middle and then tried the perimeter only to get hit with losses on most of them. Herber hasn't played a team to test them since Stuttgart so they struggled to get their game on. Rivercrest would be making a huge mistake to even think this will be a more than 7 point victory either way. Discipline and technique will overcome the speed and Heber can grind the ball just as much, then hit the big play to make you think what in the world! Field goals will make the difference at the end of 4 quarters. Better get ready for a good old knock down drag out!!! Heber 48 Rivercrest 42.

GO PANTHERS!!!!

Here we go again.  Win or lose ,Rivercrest Defense will not give up that many point to no team in 4a.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas