• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot’s next HC?

Started by IAFLAR7, November 06, 2018, 12:09:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigshot

Quote from: RZback on November 24, 2018, 03:58:54 pm
I could see Bryants coach moving to Cabot because of the new little Rock HS opening.  That's going to pull kids out of the bryant FB roster.

That's stupid, No kids aren't going to move out of Bryant to play for a Little Rock school unless it's for PA. Those kids will stay at Bryant, there won't be anyone to move just because Little Rock is getting a new school in Southwest. You will see that SW school become a 7A school and they will have a large amount of kids, not to mention look how Little Rock McClellan has been last couple years in football. Not to mention Buck James is playing for a state championship, he won't leave and go to Cabot.

NWANWA22

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

Jimbo Morphis

Overdahill

Jimbo Morphis

Maynard G Krebs

BlueCrew4U

So .... the one post said "younger" than Scott Reed..... could it be his son Taylor?  He's coaching QB's at UCA I believe.

youhavenoidea

Malham announced he was retiring pretty early in the year I believe(could be wrong)...How is it that the administration hasn't had this planned out already?  Seems like you would have planned ahead and had interviews already done and new guy ready to go as soon as he could get there

spoof1530

They AD has been working behind the scene for a while now. Once the play-offs are completed (in this state or otherwise), an announcement will be forthcoming. Gonna be good!

cabotpantherman

Could it be Cabot's next coach current team is still playing?

tomorrowsnextbigthing

I'm gonna throw a name out that would be interesting....Josh Floyd.  What are ya'lls thoughts on him?

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: tomorrowsnextbigthing on November 29, 2018, 09:58:12 am
I'm gonna throw a name out that would be interesting....Josh Floyd.  What are ya'lls thoughts on him?
There is a connection between him and the AD. I am pretty sure he is making big bucks where he is but may want to get closer to home. He's a very good coach knows how to win.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on November 29, 2018, 10:03:11 am
There is a connection between him and the AD. I am pretty sure he is making big bucks where he is but may want to get closer to home. He's a very good coach knows how to win.

Isn't he at Hewitt Trussville? I couldn't imagine him leaving there unless he is missing home... that's one of the best public schools in Birmingham. They've already beaten Hoover and Oak Mountain this year, if that tells you anything. But, Cabot wouldn't be a bad job to come home to

AirWarren

I always felt like Josh moved to Alabama to kind of "tail" Malzahn. With the uncertainty with Malzahn now, he may be interested in moving home. Not saying that's why he went to bama but it was kind of odd that when Malzahn left Arkansas to Alabama so did Floyd.

I assume his health is still holding up pretty good?

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 29, 2018, 10:10:33 am
Isn't he at Hewitt Trussville? I couldn't imagine him leaving there unless he is missing home... that's one of the best public schools in Birmingham. They've already beaten Hoover and Oak Mountain this year, if that tells you anything. But, Cabot wouldn't be a bad job to come home to
Yes he is at HT and has a powerhouse down there and I have heard he is making some serious cash there.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on November 29, 2018, 10:20:53 am
Yes he is at HT and has a powerhouse down there and I have heard he is making some serious cash there.

Just did a little research. Floyd has

A QB, RB, WR, CB, DT, LT that are all going to Alabama.

A WR to Auburn.

A Guard going to UAB

The only players on that list that aren't a 4 or 5 star is the UAB commit.

I couldn't imagine seeing a team with that kind of talent in Arkansas. Goodness

AirWarren

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 29, 2018, 11:26:29 am
Just did a little research. Floyd has

A QB, RB, WR, CB, DT, LT that are all going to Alabama.

A WR to Auburn.

A Guard going to UAB

The only players on that list that aren't a 4 or 5 star is the UAB commit.

I couldn't imagine seeing a team with that kind of talent in Arkansas. Goodness

Alabama football. True southern blue chip studs.

That's why Arkansas struggles. Those studs are spitting distance from University of Alabama.

That crap don't happen around Fayetteville.

riccoar

Floyd?  Is Cabot gonna pony up six figures for a HC?

JacketFan

Quote from: riccoar on November 29, 2018, 12:00:54 pm
Floyd?  Is Cabot gonna pony up six figures for a HC?
You would be shocked at what a lot of these high school football coaches make, a lot of them already make 6 figures.

AirWarren

Quote from: JacketFan on November 29, 2018, 12:57:41 pm
You would be shocked at what a lot of these high school football coaches make, a lot of them already make 6 figures.

It's called "contract details" aside from the state salary.

JacketFan

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2018, 12:58:43 pm
It's called "contract details" aside from the state salary.
Yeah "contract details" or those booster club stipends can get outrageous.  Most them make more then the schools athletic director. 

CommonSense77

I have played for Malham, had a kid play for Malham recently, and yes the system needs to change, but why not look in house?  They have always had a great coaching staff and my son really felt that there was qualified head coaches within that staff. (None are left from when I played....)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CommonSense77 on November 29, 2018, 01:18:24 pm
I have played for Malham, had a kid play for Malham recently, and yes the system needs to change, but why not look in house?  They have always had a great coaching staff and my son really felt that there was qualified head coaches within that staff. (None are left from when I played....)
Kids usually always want someone already there. Less change. Cabot should not have to hire an unproven head coach.

AirWarren

Quote from: JacketFan on November 29, 2018, 01:04:29 pm
Yeah "contract details" or those booster club stipends can get outrageous.  Most them make more then the schools athletic director. 

Booster stipends. Haha. I think there is an 0-10 coach in the state that has those kind of contract details.

cabotpantherman

Cabot can pay 100k plus for a proven head coach.

Oldbadger

According to the 2018/2019 certified salary schedule a head coach with 28 years of experience and a masters plus 12 hours would make $98317.80. Unless they are given another job or supplimented by outside sources this is the max salary. Most applicants wont meet these criteria, but is still one of the better paying jobs in the state.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 29, 2018, 08:53:43 pm
According to the 2018/2019 certified salary schedule a head coach with 28 years of experience and a masters plus 12 hours would make $98317.80. Unless they are given another job or supplimented by outside sources this is the max salary. Most applicants wont meet these criteria, but is still one of the better paying jobs in the state.
Silly badger things are not always as they appear.

riccoar

Quote from: cabotpantherman on November 29, 2018, 08:00:42 pm
Floyd's starting salary in 2014 when he was hired was $120,000.

tomorrowsnextbigthing

Thanks guys.  With the info given it would seem like he would be crazy to leave where he is.

Pat Swilling

anyone know when this hire will be made?  Dec?  Jan?

cabotpantherman

Supplements are not reported on the salary website.

Oldbadger

Supplements are not done often but they are done and done legally. Usually the booster club or a group of people get together and fund this. Each district, of course, sets their own salary schedule. Shiloh is not bound by any state requirements since it is a private school. Most state schools will give the coach an extra title to enhance his salary. Most of the time he doesn't do this extra job. lol. In the past, one way to do this is to make the head football coach the AD. Of course this job has to be done, but not necessarily by the head coach. lol. And, cabotpantherman is right, supplements are not reported on the salary schedule.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: cabotpantherman on November 29, 2018, 08:00:42 pm

Current salary for the position is around $93K.  Supplements aside, do you think the board will start at a higher salary than that?

cabotpantherman

Oldbadger

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 30, 2018, 10:57:16 am
Current salary for the position is around $93K.  Supplements aside, do you think the board will start at a higher salary than that?
The salary depends on educational level and years of experience. After that boosters can kick in or he can be given an additional title. A coach with ten years of experience with a BS will not make as much as one with a masters plus 12 and 28 years of experience.

Brian G

I believe this hiring is a done deal. 

Cabotfan

thebigshot

Quote from: CommonSense77 on November 29, 2018, 01:18:24 pm

If Cabot hires in house, the system will not change. The system that Malham has at Cabot is all those coaches know. JR High North and South doesn't seem to call their own plays they seem to be using Malham playbook during football games. If Cabot has a chance to get someone from the outside they need to. Hiring someone in house is going to be a big mistake. Its time for a change there for Cabot, El Dorado decided to hire Jeff Williams after Register resigned and yall saw what happen there, after Williams departed after two years to go to Southside, another in house hired was made and after two years Butch Gray was forced out and thats when they hired outside and brought in Scott Reed.

thebigshot

Tadd Stewart who's at Southside would be someone to look at to bring back to Cabot. Not to mention that's his hometown. If Cabot really want to go after someone who does have Cabot ties.

gcsdad

Quote from: thebigshot on November 30, 2018, 01:00:59 pm
If Cabot hires in house, the system will not change. The system that Malham has at Cabot is all those coaches know. JR High North and South doesn't seem to call their own plays they seem to be using Malham playbook during football games. If Cabot has a chance to get someone from the outside they need to. Hiring someone in house is going to be a big mistake. Its time for a change there for Cabot, El Dorado decided to hire Jeff Williams after Register resigned and yall saw what happen there, after Williams departed after two years to go to Southside, another in house hired was made and after two years Butch Gray was forced out and thats when they hired outside and brought in Scott Reed.
I can assure you the T is not the only system those coaches know. I will also promise you that the T is more complex than you can ever imagine. If they can coach the T they can coach anything.

Jimbo Morphis

#1thetruth

Quote from: Oldman on November 30, 2018, 03:51:40 pm
Me too

It's been offered..... I just haven't excepted... I have to make a decision by Christmas... its a 50/50 shot I'll take it!!!

ricepig

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 30, 2018, 05:32:30 pm
It's been offered..... I just haven't excepted... I have to make a decision by Christmas... its a 50/50 shot I'll take it!!!

Oh, I think you'd be an exception, even if you haven't "accepted" the job.

#1thetruth

December 02, 2018, 11:59:17 am #145 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 07:34:28 pm by #1thetruth
Quote from: ricepig on November 30, 2018, 07:36:21 pm
Oh, I think you'd be an exception, even if you haven't "accepted" the job.

Except - I might take another highly position....
You are catching on.....
someone will eventually figure it out....
Lmbo

ricepig

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 02, 2018, 11:59:17 am
Except - I might take another highly position....
You are catching on.....
someone will eventually figure it out....
Lmbo

I'm going to guess you haven't taught English at your previous stops.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Coach Wood, RHS on November 07, 2018, 11:31:25 am
Sorry.  I thought this thread was about Cabot.  I'm guessing you are talking about Greenwood?

<----------- Thread Police. 

cabotpantherman

From what I understand there is a lot of interest with great resumes for this job.

#1thetruth

December 03, 2018, 10:15:20 pm #149 Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 10:20:28 pm by #1thetruth
Quote from: ricepig on December 03, 2018, 10:08:27 am
I'm going to guess you haven't taught English at your previous stops.

U are so easy to bate.... by the way I taught Russian...
Lol....
I already know what your response will be.
You're so smart.....I'm sure you will catch it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas