• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teams to watch in 6A this year ...

Started by Bruin501, November 03, 2018, 11:34:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruin501

Just curious what others thoughts were.

I'm thinking Benton is the hands down favorite. Sheridan and Jonesboro should be ushering in a new wave of talent but shouldn't skip a beat. Greenwood should be solid. Russellville improved maybe. Who else?

ricepig

Quote from: Bruin501 on November 03, 2018, 11:34:25 pm
Just curious what others thoughts were.

I'm thinking Benton is the hands down favorite. Sheridan and Jonesboro should be ushering in a new wave of talent but shouldn't skip a beat. Greenwood should be solid. Russellville improved maybe. Who else?

You mean the "5A" teams to watch? It's hard to switch to, lol. It will be interesting to see if the freshmen at Jonesboro take rolls as sophomores this year, I suspect they'll have a big say in the success. Lots of young talent in the state, it's only 4 cold months away.

Gravelbar

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2018, 08:50:31 am
You mean the "5A" teams to watch? It's hard to switch to, lol. It will be interesting to see if the freshmen at Jonesboro take rolls as sophomores this year, I suspect they'll have a big say in the success. Lots of young talent in the state, it's only 4 cold months away.
We played in the Jonesboro/Fat City league as 8th graders a couple of years ago and Jonesboro is loaded with young talent...Jumper can bring the heat, but they can also hit a baseball..Jonesboro should be really good for the next few years---they should be in the top tier with the talent that's there.

T-Bone

Ricepig,
Been a while since talked to you.  I missed football more than I ever felt I would but it was for the better in this case.
Less than a month away and it has been colder than when you posted that reply.  Way colder as of late.  I hate cold baseball but love the game.  I feel like our team has potential as a team from freshman to seniors.  They just need to gel.  If our hitting is in place then this is a real deal team.  See you in the pressbox.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on January 30, 2019, 03:50:45 pm
Ricepig,
Been a while since talked to you.  I missed football more than I ever felt I would but it was for the better in this case.
Less than a month away and it has been colder than when you posted that reply.  Way colder as of late.  I hate cold baseball but love the game.  I feel like our team has potential as a team from freshman to seniors.  They just need to gel.  If our hitting is in place then this is a real deal team.  See you in the pressbox.

Amen to the press box unless this weather improves! I love watching high school baseball, but without one playing,the weather has to be good, or heat on in the press box.

Bruin501

Revisiting this post. I think 5A is going to be a fun race to watch.

Benton is off to a very strong start. Jonesboro the same. Sheridan has lost 2 1-run games and beat both Benton (IMO 5A favorite) and Bryant (IMO 6A favorite). Greenbrier looks really good. Marion could be a sleeper team. Lakeside could challenge Benton and Sheridan in the South.

Point being, there are A LOT of solid ball clubs in this class and a lot of DI talent 10-12 on these teams.

T-Bone

Quote from: Bruin501 on March 18, 2019, 01:07:25 am
Revisiting this post. I think 5A is going to be a fun race to watch.

Benton is off to a very strong start. Jonesboro the same. Sheridan has lost 2 1-run games and beat both Benton (IMO 5A favorite) and Bryant (IMO 6A favorite). Greenbrier looks really good. Marion could be a sleeper team. Lakeside could challenge Benton and Sheridan in the South.

Point being, there are A LOT of solid ball clubs in this class and a lot of DI talent 10-12 on these teams.

As we all know anything can happen good or bad for any team.  But at this time Jonesboro is showing something that makes a strong team.  Having talent is one thing.  All showing up the same day can be another.  So what they are showing is that when one or some may not have their best game, others step up.  When those that stepped up last game may not have it that game, the others step up.  Bottom line is the talent is there for Jonesboro to compete with any team they play.  No matter how it was done, beating HarBar and Fayetteville already it shows they can compete.  If all players show up at one game they without a doubt can compete with anyone. 

As one mentioned there is a whole lot of talent in 5A this year.  Many good players from many teams.  A lot of competition and anyone can win or lose any game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas