• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulaski academy 5-peat?

Started by PAguy2008, October 22, 2018, 09:29:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Quote from: Zeus on October 24, 2018, 05:26:33 pm
The West does not have the speed and atbeleticim to compete with the South and Central. Harrison will be in for a surprise during the playoffs.

Think you're way off with Harrison. And what speed from the central are you talking about?

Go Postal

October 24, 2018, 05:59:48 pm #101 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 06:01:54 pm by Go Postal
The West does not have the speed and atbeleticim to compete with the South and Central. Harrison will be in for a surprise during the playoffs.
I really hope that the Central and South has some surprises.  Now I know what LRCA feels like because you're only as good as the last team that beat you which in Harrison's case was PA last year and they have had only one loss that they had to go to another State to find someone to beat them.  So yeah, looking to be surprised by someone that is not PA.

Brian G

After having another day to think about it, I'm saying the PA streak ends at 9.  :)

JacketFan

Quote from: B.G. on October 24, 2018, 06:05:56 pm
After having another day to think about it, I'm saying the PA streak ends at 9.  :)
Since we are making bold predictions, I say it ends at 4.   ;D ;D ;D

PA Dad

Quote from: JacketFan on October 24, 2018, 06:45:00 pm
Since we are making bold predictions, I say it ends at 4.   ;D ;D ;D

You may be right.  I just don't understand crowning a champ before the games are played.  I think Harrison, Texarkana, McClellan,  LRCA and Morrilton (if Criswell returns) all have a legitimate shot at beating PA.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on October 24, 2018, 07:39:22 pm
You may be right.  I just don't understand crowning a champ before the games are played.  I think Harrison, Texarkana, McClellan,  LRCA and Morrilton (if Criswell returns) all have a legitimate shot at beating PA.

Oh stop. Don't be humble. We all know how you really feel. Lrca doesn't stand a chance. And who is morrilton anyway? They're one of the most over hyped teams I remember in recent years.

With that being said, no idea why you even named Texarkana. They can barely beat teams like CF.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 24, 2018, 07:51:48 pm
Oh stop. Don't be humble. We all know how you really feel. Lrca doesn't stand a chance. And who is morrilton anyway? They're one of the most over hyped teams I remember in recent years.

With that being said, no idea why you even named Texarkana. They can barely beat teams like CF.

I know you are yanking my chain(and LRCA, Morrilton and Texarkana's).  It's curious that you spared Harrison and LRM.  But, I'm not being humble.  PA is not invincible.  NLR would beat PA by 21.  Bryant whipped PA soundly in the scrimmage.  GW would be an interesting matchup.

I think all the teams I named have a legitimate chance.  I really don't like conceding defeat before the game is played.  That greatly reduces the chance to beat P.A.

MDXPHD

October 24, 2018, 08:15:28 pm #107 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 08:20:47 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: PA Dad on October 24, 2018, 08:09:40 pm
I know you are yanking my chain(and LRCA, Morrilton and Texarkana's).  It's curious that you spared Harrison and LRM.  But, I'm not being humble.  PA is not invincible.  NLR would beat PA by 21.  Bryant whipped PA soundly in the scrimmage.  GW would be an interesting matchup.

I think all the teams I named have a legitimate chance.  I really don't like conceding defeat before the game is played.  That greatly reduces the chance to beat P.A.

I would really like Harrison or LRM to win state so that's probably why!

I think PA could lose this year but I don't think it will be to Morrilton or LRCA. Morrilton has a win against one team with a winning record. I know their qb is out but they are struggling. They were all World last year until they played a team from another conference in the playoffs. Maybe they're still riding that high.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 24, 2018, 08:15:28 pm
I would really like Harrison or LRM to win state so that's probably why!

I think PA could lose this year but I don't think it will be to Morrilton or LRCA.

We'll see.  I think LRCA is a really good team.  I know P.A. whipped them but that was without Hill.  They are a different team with Hill healthy.

I don't think Morrilton can beat PA without Criswell.  But, like LRCA, they are a much different team with Criswell at QB.

I really don't know about Harrison but they have been impressive to date.  Husky is for real.  And their defense has just shut down opponents.  My only question is the quality of their competion.

Go Postal

Hey you guys maybe right.  Huntsville or Farmington might beat us and spoil the perfect season record that we haven't had since (?)1999.  ;). But I keep hearing people say the term "quality of opponents".  Has the Goblins been so devious to schedule their season and not let the other team score very much so that they could breeze through this season.  I really would like to know who they got to play to be even considered that they might have a good team and it's not just on paper.  Let's see, they are almost done mercy ruling the most the teams they play this year on the schedule then they'll play the worst of the top 4 from Central, then the 2nd or 3rd mediocre team from the East/South, then finally get to play once again the former 4 time State champ but this time in the Semis.  So if they beat those aforementioned teams, maybe they might get some reps finally going to the finals.  Man, Harrison has a long road still to go but hey, we might lose to Huntsville or Farmington.

PA Dad

Posty there's no need to get defensive.  I think Harrison has a heck of a team.  But rankings always take strength of schedule into account.  My point is that it's hard to judge exactly how good Harrison is based on strength of schedule.

I hope we meet up.  I think it will be a heck of a game.

Greyhands

If we (Harrison) play PA we know we are going to have to play good to beat them just like every other team knows that that plays PA but then again PA better play good to beat us because we are pretty good.

Either way it doesn't matter if your the #1 seed in the playoffs or a #4 seed we all start with the same record 0-0. 

Both our teams better just worry about who we have in the first round and then we can go from there.

Go Postal

Quote from: Greyhands on October 24, 2018, 10:00:16 pm
If we (Harrison) play PA we know we are going to have to play good to beat them just like every other team knows that that plays PA but then again PA better play good to beat us because we are pretty good.

Either way it doesn't matter if your the #1 seed in the playoffs or a #4 seed we all start with the same record 0-0. 

Both our teams better just worry about who we have in the first round and then we can go from there

Complete Biased PoV

Here are a few thoughts after reading this thread.  First I have to get this out of the way, Jessie, I love your posts but I have to correct you on one thing.  South Dakota State is D1-FCS and not even close to being considered a dynasty.  Prior to 2003 the JackRabbits were in D2 but only made the playoffs 1 time.  North Dakota State is a dynasty currently and they are also D1-FCS.

There is actually a promotion-relegation thread I believe in "monday morning quarterback" concerning all sports.  I would be a huge fan, but unfortunately it will never happen because I don't think you can get a majority of the schools to agree on how to do it.

Concerning PA moving up an extra classification.  The AAA has/had (not sure now with all of the conference mash-ups) where a single sport can not move classification, it has to be the entire athletics program.  While PA football is very successful, the majority of other sports are your average 4A/5A teams.  So until AAA allows single sports to move, you will not see PA move.

Sasquatch71

Quote from: PA Dad on October 24, 2018, 08:59:53 pm
Posty there's no need to get defensive.  I think Harrison has a heck of a team.  But rankings always take strength of schedule into account.  My point is that it's hard to judge exactly how good Harrison is based on strength of schedule.

I hope we meet up.  I think it will be a heck of a game.

Harrison was 10-0 in 2003 also.  I think people are under estimating the speed in Harrison.  admittedly outside Husky no 4.3 but a lot of 4.7-4.9

JessieP

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on October 25, 2018, 08:56:50 am
Here are a few thoughts after reading this thread.  First I have to get this out of the way, Jessie, I love your posts but I have to correct you on one thing.  South Dakota State is D1-FCS and not even close to being considered a dynasty.  Prior to 2003 the JackRabbits were in D2 but only made the playoffs 1 time.  North Dakota State is a dynasty currently and they are also D1-FCS.

There is actually a promotion-relegation thread I believe in "monday morning quarterback" concerning all sports.  I would be a huge fan, but unfortunately it will never happen because I don't think you can get a majority of the schools to agree on how to do it.

Concerning PA moving up an extra classification.  The AAA has/had (not sure now with all of the conference mash-ups) where a single sport can not move classification, it has to be the entire athletics program.  While PA football is very successful, the majority of other sports are your average 4A/5A teams.  So until AAA allows single sports to move, you will not see PA move.

I plead ignorance, I knew it was one of the Dakota's. Give me a break, It's the Dakota's, One of the "Who cares" states. I Like most Americans, Always pause when ask if Mt. Rushmore is in North or South Dakota? Dakota, Isn't that where John Lennon was shot?

As far as the AAA, Does anyone really know or follow the rules? You're correct about the mash-up/blended classifications. Batesville plays 5A, Our girls are playing for the State 4A Championship, Baseball 5A, Basketball 4A. I mean it is the definition of confusion. As far as "One sport" moving up, I'm not sure about that. There seems to be a lot of wife swapping going on. I heard the greatest quote regarding the AAA yesterday. A friend of mine said "The AAA strictly enforces every rule, While simultaneously enforcing none of them", Classic. And lets not get started with the resident/transfer/public/boundary/private discussion here. You must live in district A for 365 days unless your father's uncles sister moves before July 1st within 25 miles of your Dentists frat brothers rental properties tenant begins the 7th grade during a Presidential election. You must then put your right foot in and then take your right foot out, put your right foot in and you shake it all about. It's a total joke, Let's say there really are no rules. 

JacketFan

You are absolutely correct, the AAA is as bad as the lobbyists that buys votes in DC.  They decide to enforce rules against who they want,and it is definitely a good ole boy system.  All schools are definitely not treated the same, it is sad to say, but that is a fact.  If you aren't in the popular kid click, you may be in the AAA crosshairs.  Don't get me started on the conferences, you have to have a Doctorate from Harvard to figure out which conference every sport at your school is in.  In Wynne, football is in 5A, softball, baseball, and basketball is in a 4A, volleyball is in a totally different 4A conference, and I have no clue on the other sports.  Man, I have confused my self.

MoTownDog

October 25, 2018, 10:00:30 am #117 Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:10:51 am by MoTownDog

MoTownDog

I heard that exact same statement made just prior to kickoff at the 2013 Morrilton vs PA game.

MDXPHD

Quote from: MoTownDog on October 25, 2018, 10:02:16 am
I heard that exact same statement made just prior to kickoff at the 2013 Morrilton vs PA game.

Give it up, man.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on October 25, 2018, 08:56:50 am

You should try to talk KK into giving those other sports some of that financial need scholarship money - too much is going toward the football program!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 25, 2018, 10:25:42 am
You should try to talk KK into giving those other sports some of that financial need scholarship money - too much is going toward the football program!
[/quote

Now, now...

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 25, 2018, 11:00:17 am
[/quote

Now, now...

He's just upset about no chicken or limo ride  ;D

Redwolves8526

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 24, 2018, 10:01:21 am
There is a real chance that they could have won the last four years against those teams - but it would be more difficult. 6A would be a lot more entertaining with PA.

PA has 310 for enrollment - a small 4A school. They are allowed to petition to play up if they want. Since, by AAA rules, they are required to be in 5A, it would be easy for them to petition to play up. I'm sure a small 6A school would enjoy moving down since they are struggling each year.

They might have had a chance and no doubt PA is great. But have you seen the teams that Greenwood, Pine Bluff, El Dorado, Russellville, West Memphis, Jonesboro, Searcy, or Marion (this year) have had over the last couple of years? Sheesh. Like you said, it would definitely be more difficult. I would have loved to have seen Greenwood and PA play last year.

HeberFan

Speaking of Greenwood, really hope Connor Noland doesn't join a long list of Razorback players who went into the hills of northwest Arkansas and were never heard from again. Surely they won't waste his talent, too?

Yellowcake

Still more interested in trying to rehash old arguments than adding anything new or thoughtful to the board. I had hoped you matured while you were away.

Your absence was enjoyed more than missed. I am sure I am not alone on that.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 25, 2018, 04:11:40 pm
Still more interested in trying to rehash old arguments than adding anything new or thoughtful to the board. I had hoped you matured while you were away.

Woah. That escalated quickly

MDXPHD

October 25, 2018, 05:13:25 pm #127 Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:31:14 pm by MDXPHD

Rough day at the office huh?  Lol

Go Postal

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 25, 2018, 05:13:25 pm
Rough day at the office huh?  Lol

HeberFan

Game Day!

Weather should be excellent.

hogjay

Who cares if PA wins-Recruiting private school.  Was it impressive when that Transgender one the women's cycling? 

HeberFan

Quote from: hogjay on October 26, 2018, 12:36:45 pm
Who cares if PA wins-Recruiting private school.  Was it impressive when that Transgender one the women's cycling?

It was always impressive when Matt Dillon shot the fastest outlaw of the week. Miss Kitty sure was proud.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: hogjay on October 26, 2018, 12:36:45 pm
Which school did you go to that never "one" anything?

HeberFan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 26, 2018, 12:43:14 pm
Which school did you go to that never "one" anything?

His school obviously never won the spelling bee.

Overdahill

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2018, 12:45:50 pm
His school obviously never won one the spelling bee.

fixed it for you  ;)

HeberFan

hogjay

Won a championship at Stuttgart. Also miss spelled heavy. Put an apostrophe on women's when it should only have been womens. Grammar police on a football forum!? Anything to say about the content of my statement? Or just grammar mistakes?

HeberFan

Quote from: hogjay on October 26, 2018, 01:28:56 pm
Won a championship at Stuttgart. Also miss spelled heavy. Put an apostrophe on women's when it should only have been womens. Grammar police on a football forum!? Anything to say about the content of my statement? Or just grammar mistakes?

"Women's" is correct --- plural possessive.

We're not much on content in here... mostly joking and being silly.

MDXPHD

About the content - the women's cycling transgender champion.... I might be impressed. Depends on what kind of women were in the race. 

hogjay

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2018, 01:30:30 pm
"Women's" is correct --- plural possessive.

We're not much on content in here... mostly joking and being silly.
I didn't think it would be considered possessive, but really don't care about any of that sitting on this tractor. Either way HeberFan you impress me, but not PA.

HeberFan

Quote from: hogjay on October 26, 2018, 01:35:59 pm
I didn't think it would be considered possessive, but really don't care about any of that sitting on this tractor. Either way HeberFan you impress me, but not PA.

PA is impressive, but only in small part, because of the football team. They have very strong academics and educate lots of quality kids. Future leaders of society, if you will. Such things matter much more than dusty trophies.

hogjay

This is a football forum. I don't know how good they are academically they don't follow state mandated test or standards. Didn't they have a WR like 5 years ago that had straight A's at PA, but couldn't get a qualifying score on the ACT?

HeberFan

Quote from: hogjay on October 26, 2018, 01:54:53 pm
This is a football forum. I don't know how good they are academically they don't follow state mandated test or standards. Didn't they have a WR like 5 years ago that had straight A's at PA, but couldn't get a qualifying score on the ACT?

Making grades is part of staying eligible for football. Not sure about the situation you describe. Interestingly, "academics" is a big part of PA's success. KK has studied the calculus of the game and used analytics to improve the squad's chances.

Overdahill

Quote from: hogjay on October 26, 2018, 01:28:56 pm

Congrats on your cycling win :D

MDXPHD

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2018, 02:04:31 pm

Making grades is part of staying eligible for football. Not sure about the situation you describe. Interestingly, "academics" is a big part of PA's success. KK has studied the calculus of the game and used analytics to improve the squad's chances.

Calculus would be a strong word for it, but to each his own.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: hogjay on October 26, 2018, 01:54:53 pm
No.

HeberFan

October 26, 2018, 02:57:48 pm #147 Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 03:00:17 pm by HeberFan
Quote from: MDXPHD on October 26, 2018, 02:25:33 pm
Calculus would be a strong word for it, but to each his own.

As you know, the root words borrowed from both Latin and Greek, mean "to calculate" and "small difference."  He's looking for a little edge here and there, thus, calculus.

Now, once on the field, it's much more about applied physics!

MDXPHD

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2018, 02:57:48 pm
As you know, the root words borrowed from both Latin and Greek, mean "to calculate" and "small difference."  He's looking for a little edge here and there, thus, calculus.

Now, once on the field, it's much more about applied physics!

Broad strokes you have there for defining words!

Heber, I've gotta know - are you a fan of Heber and PA? You seem to support and be more interested in PA more than Heber. Who's your team? Honest question. PA dad supports both NLR and PA so I didn't know if you had a similar situation.

hogjay

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas