• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite @ Arkadelphia

Started by Digger#23, October 20, 2018, 01:50:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Digger#23

October 20, 2018, 01:50:46 am Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 01:53:18 am by Digger#23
Much has changed in the 4A-7 this year.  Lowly and disrespected Bauxite comes to town.  Gotta beat one of the three they say to prove yourself around here.  Can't argue with that except it appears there looks to be a new Sheriff in town.  Robinson falls.  Pretty sure everyone played in the rain tonight.  Get with the conditions or get on the bus and head home.  In case you haven't noticed, the perennial doormat has a chip on the shoulder.  Nobody here forgot last years loss and their coming to your town to rectify.  Keep laughing. We love it.  Another nonbeliever falls..... Miners 42- 28.

Lumberjackfan1978

No matter what the naysayer's say Bauxite is for real

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Happy to see Bauxite playing good. My nephew is 9yrs old and will be playing for them in a few more years.

beaverfan007

I think bauxite has shocked class 4A and the 7-4A I think they'll win this 35-31

Digger#23

Guess I'll get to watch him play.  My daughter is a 5th grader there.

Coach9586

Happy for the Miners! Keep grinding away, Miners by 14 this week

NWA Hawg

If Bauxite wins this week, they clinch the 4a-7 regardless of what happens in the nashville game next week. That would put them on the much easier side of the bracket.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

The Miners really flipped the 7 upside down

Digger#23

They sure have.  Just want to close out these next two games.  Miners still have a lot to prove to the 7.  Staying focused on the prize. One game at a time.

JoeWho

Who wants this game more?  I am not sure sure the Badgers want the third seed.  Does that mean they meet Warren in the second round?

JoeWho

Quote from: JoeWho on October 23, 2018, 09:45:49 pm
Who wants this game more?  I am not sure  the Badgers want the third seed.  Does that mean they meet Warren in the second round?

mharris31696

Quote from: JoeWho on October 23, 2018, 09:45:49 pm
Who wants this game more?  I am not sure sure the Badgers want the third seed.  Does that mean they meet Warren in the second round?

Yes, it would be Warren. Other than getting home games seeding doesnt really matter for Arkadelphia unless they fall to the 5 seed. The 2, 3, and 4 seeds are all on the bottom of the bracket. It would be nice to get a quality win before the playoffs start though.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

If y'all want to go ahead and give the game to the Miners, I'll reserve y'all some seats at Jim Hurley. Just remember, the gates don't at 3:55...

mharris31696

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 23, 2018, 10:21:03 pm
If y'all want to go ahead and give the game to the Miners, I'll reserve y'all some seats at Jim Hurley. Just remember, the gates don't at 3:55...

I dont think we want to give it to them just yet, but you can save me a couple of seats for the trip down. I'll be one of the folks standing in line for the gates to open. Haha

RabAlumni

Bauxite is turning a lot of heads this year, but Arkadelphia is seeming like they are peaking at the right time. This is going to be a lot closer game than some people think!

ISU7

I watched film on Robinson vs Bauxite, both teams look pretty good. 8)
I still thinking Arkie will beat the Miners by 7. 8)

Dminer023

Miners will play tough against Arky. Looking to see a tough game for both teams.

Maynard G Krebs

Bauxite takes this one.  They are even more confident after taking down Joe T.

Lumberjackfan1978

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on October 24, 2018, 10:52:23 am
Then I will get one game closer to you on the Pickem lol.

Digger#23

GAME DAY!! Miners are coming to give you Badgers a taste of what yall been giving us the past couple of years.  Believe that!

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Digger#23 on October 26, 2018, 07:27:31 am
GAME DAY!! Miners are coming to give you Badgers a taste of what yall been giving us the past couple of years.  Believe that!
i think this will be a good game but I think Bauxite will prevail in a tough game and win

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on October 25, 2018, 09:46:12 am
Maybe so but you don't know who I picked on pick ems 🤣😂 Good luck too Mcgehee.

Overdahill

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 26, 2018, 09:08:51 am
i think this will be a good game but I think Bauxite will prevail in a tough game and win

I like the Badgers at home

beaverfan007

richboy

hmmm.. not this year buddy

Coltfan2005

good season so far for the miners, even with the loss.

JoeWho

I believe you got a good team, but now that the game is over.

You did not beat the man!   ;D

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on October 25, 2018, 09:46:12 am
Not this game 🤣😂

RyanLR

Quote from: JoeWho on October 26, 2018, 10:38:10 pm
I believe you got a good team, but now that the game is over.

You did not beat the man!   ;D
Who is "the man" you keep talking about?

Digger#23

You gals make me feel special with all your love and warm fuzzies. 

Moose

Quote from: Digger#23 on October 27, 2018, 12:33:10 am
You gals make me feel special with all your love and warm fuzzies.

Or you could feel special because you got a dose of reality.  What do you consider Bauxite's quality road wins this year to be? In 4A?

justafan33

Moose:

--- Quote from: Digger#23 on Today at 12:33:10 am ---You gals make me feel special with all your love and warm fuzzies.

--- End quote ---

Or you could feel special because you got a dose of reality.  What do you consider Bauxite's quality road wins this year to be? In 4A?

The same could be said about Arkadelphia? Ashdown? Ft. Lake?

Digger#23

8-1 and tied for 1st is my reality.

beach bum

Quote from: Digger#23 on October 27, 2018, 09:18:08 am
8-1 and tied for 1st is my reality.

Back to reality for the Miners after their loss to a 3-5 team headed into that game. Bauxite will get the 4 seed and lose in the 1st round after they lose to Nashville Friday so your Robinson win don't mean much now.

mossflyer

True...weird thing is Bauxite wins and they are the 1. Lose and they are most likely the 4.

beach bum

Quote from: mossflyer on October 27, 2018, 09:33:50 am
True...weird thing is Bauxite wins and they are the 1. Lose and they are most likely the 4.

Yes, the 4 seed in the 7-4A has a tough road trip all the way up to Trumann in 2 weeks. I think the 4 seed will be the better team than Trumann, but that's a long road trip that will be tough to win and not one you want to do.

RyanLR

Quote from: beach bum on October 27, 2018, 09:24:48 am

Back to reality for the Miners after their loss to a 3-5 team headed into that game. Bauxite will get the 4 seed and lose in the 1st round after they lose to Nashville Friday so your Robinson win don't mean much now.
I feel like Nashville is going to dominate Friday.

beach bum

Quote from: RyanLR on October 27, 2018, 10:24:02 am
I feel like Nashville is going to dominate Friday.

What is crazy if Nashville wins then it is very possible the Miners and Scrappers rematch 2 weeks later.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 24, 2018, 12:54:30 pm
Bauxite takes this one.  They are even more confident after taking down Joe T.

Missed this one.  Congrats to Badgers. 

ISU7

October 27, 2018, 06:53:57 pm #40 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 06:56:38 pm by ISU7
Quote from: ISU7 on October 24, 2018, 10:52:23 am
Told you Oldman. 🤣 Oldman how you do in FF pick ems this week. I went 27-3👍

Jimbo Morphis

October 27, 2018, 08:01:57 pm #41 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:04:19 pm by Oldman
Quote from: ISU7 on October 27, 2018, 06:53:57 pm
Told you Oldman. 🤣 Oldman how you do in FF pick ems this week. I went 27-3👍
26-4

AirWarren

JoeWho

Quote from: RyanLR on October 27, 2018, 12:26:57 am
Who is "the man" you keep talking about?

You will have to read my post on my Bauxite @ Arkadelphia.  I was talking trash, and I was using a Wrestler by the name of Rick Flair old catch phase. 

As funny as it sounds right now.  The Badgers are still the defending 4A State Champions.  I don't think we will repeat, but who knows. 

beach bum

Quote from: JoeWho on October 27, 2018, 08:22:40 pm
You will have to read my post on my Bauxite @ Arkadelphia.  I was talking trash, and I was using a Wrestler by the name of Rick Flair old catch phase. 

As funny as it sounds right now.  The Badgers are still the defending 4A State Champions.  I don't think we will repeat, but who knows.

If I remember correct didn't Arkadelphia go into the playoffs a few years back at 5-5 and make it all the way to the semifinals before their loss to Prairie Grove.... They finished 8-6 and I could honestly see them doing something like that again. If someone can go 5-5 and make a run it will be Arky.

Jsmith48

October 27, 2018, 08:43:36 pm #45 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:08:56 pm by Jsmith48
Quote from: beach bum on October 27, 2018, 08:31:37 pm

If I remember correct didn't Arkadelphia go into the playoffs a few years back at 5-5 and make it all the way to the semifinals before their loss to Prairie Grove.... They finished 8-6 and I could honestly see them doing something like that again. If someone can go 5-5 and make a run it will be Arky.
Yes, last years seniors were sophmores (maybe freshmen, I can't remember) on that team. They ended up playing what amounted to being a fifth season when you count all the playoff games and practices over their four years. It's why I think they'll do well in the playoffs dispite their record this year. They've been there and can handle the adversity.

gerber707

Quote from: JoeWho on October 27, 2018, 08:22:40 pm

Who doesn't know Ric Flair?

AirWarren

Quote from: gerber707 on October 27, 2018, 09:18:55 pm
Who doesn't know Ric Flair?

Probably a lot of weird millennial weaklings who think he is someone off of Drake and Josh. 

JoeWho

Quote from: AirWarren on October 27, 2018, 09:24:00 pm
Probably a lot of weird millennial weaklings who think he is someone off of Drake and Josh.

:) 
Dude!!  Good comment!  I hope your are not old like me.  But, Hey!  Ric Flair was the man!!!  ;D

AirWarren

Quote from: JoeWho on October 27, 2018, 09:28:39 pm
:) 
Dude!!  Good comment!  I hope your are not old like me.  But, Hey!  Ric Flair was the man!!!  ;D

I'm in my prime.

EST. 1985

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas