• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-3A Predictions--Week 8

Started by CoolBreeze, October 15, 2018, 03:54:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

Thus far I have whiffed on one game each week. Perhaps, this week I can bat .1000 for the first time this season.

Here are my picks:

Mountain View at Melbourne: Melbourne at 4-3 is coming off a 42-14 spanking at Harding Academy. Mountain View got their second win of the season last week at home against Marshall to go with four losses. The previous win was over Cedar Ridge. Most of the Yellowjackets' losses have been by wide margins. Likewise, Melbourne's wins have not been impressive, but all three losses were to solid teams, and they played undefeated Clinton tough in a 9-point loss. The Bearkatz should have no problem getting back on the positive side of the ledger this week.

Clinton at Strong: Undefeated 3A powerhouse + Winless 2A victim = Early Running Clock.

Harding Academy at Marshall: HA has won 3 straight since the loss to Clinton and comes in on a roll after a convincing victory over Melbourne last week. On the other hand, Marshall fell to 1-5 following a blowout loss to 2-4 Mountain View. Two teams going in opposite directions. Look for the clock to run in this one, as well.

Yellville-Summit gets their 1st conference win and 2nd overall with Cedar Ridge's forfeit. Still, they could make the playoffs and earn an opportunity to be eviscerated by Prescott with a win over Marshall in two more weeks.

What do you think?

Skip Baymore

I think you're gonna bat .1000 this week (even with the details).

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Skip Baymore on October 15, 2018, 11:18:38 pm
I think you're gonna bat .1000 this week (even with the details).
If the weather is bad enough, it could hold down HA's point total enough to keep them from getting to the mercy rule. And it might take longer for Clinton to get there.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 16, 2018, 12:55:24 pm
If the weather is bad enough, it could hold down HA's point total enough to keep them from getting to the mercy rule. And it might take longer for Clinton to get there.

I don't think so, Breeze. Marshall is bad bad bad. Mountain View put the mercy on em.

CoolBreeze

October 16, 2018, 03:47:17 pm #4 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:51:50 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: panther07 on October 16, 2018, 01:06:03 pm
I don't think so, Breeze. Marshall is bad bad bad. Mountain View put the mercy on em.
I was thinking in terms of 41-7 or thereabouts.

I just hope nobody gets hurt playing in that mess.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas