• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injured Player Protocol

Started by dirtybird12, October 15, 2018, 10:07:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

Quote from: HeberFan on October 17, 2018, 11:11:44 am
I was just saying if you took "black lives" out of the NBA, you could only field two teams.

I see what you're saying, but a person could also make that same argument for MLB and the NHL. There's actually a higher percentage of white players in the NBA than black players in MLB. That's more of a cultural thing than a racial thing.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2018, 11:34:56 am
Justified vs unjustified. Sure. I'll give you that. Great post.

The systemic problem argument is garbage. Weak minded people let the Arkansas times and "clever" internet searches guide their thought and principles.

I drop my kid off at school and there are always police helping with traffic. I see kids of all races....including minorities giving the cop high fives, laughing with the cops. The cops usually slip them a sucker as the walk off. The kids love it and the cops know the kids by name. And this isn't a private school....GASP!!!!!. I see this everywhere around central Arkansas.

But because some snot nosed "celebrity" has convinced some that there is a systemic problem out there with white cops picking off blacks is hot garbage. Where is his outrage with the city of Chicago? Little Rock? Memphis? Pine bluff? Englewood? Newark? That kind of agenda is not filling his pocket book that's why.

If you look at yahoo, you would think there were riots and protests in the street every day all over the USA. I don't see a DANG thing going on and I'm sure that that's what is happening in 95% of this great county. Discord.....lefties love it.

You know my policy about arguing with Warren posters so I'm not going to go into full discussion. But I would disagree about a systematic problem when it comes to crime, or crime among blacks in general. But I'm not going to elaborate further.  I don't attack other Warren posters.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on October 17, 2018, 11:59:40 am
You know my policy about arguing with Warren posters so I'm not going to go into full discussion. But I would disagree about a systematic problem when it comes to crime, or crime among blacks in general. But I'm not going to elaborate further.  I don't attack other Warren posters.

That's a policy we all can get behind.

All Warren lives matter

:)

HeberFan

All Lives Matter... what a concept !

Oldbadger

And so, when a player is injured, what does your team do?lol

cuckoobird

Gets coaching and has a drink

HeberFan

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 17, 2018, 12:43:08 pm
And so, when a player is injured, what does your team do?lol

I think the best thing to do after an injury is:

1 -- kneel
2 -- stand
3 -- salute both sidelines
4 -- apply for federal aid
4 -- burn incense to the west wind
5 -- try not to offend anyone (although such an act might be offensive)

dirtybird12

When passions are most inflamed is when fairness faces its greatest threat.

HeberFan

Quote from: dirtybird12 on October 17, 2018, 12:56:14 pm
When passions are most inflamed is when fairness faces its greatest threat.

Gee, that could be a quote.

Oldbadger

Quote from: HeberFan on October 17, 2018, 12:55:42 pm

1 -- kneel
2 -- stand
Now, we are finally getting somewhere!lol

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HeberFan on October 17, 2018, 12:55:42 pm

1 -- kneel
2 -- stand
+1000

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I was walking through the woods looking for a tree to hang my lock on in. Stepped in a stump hole. Kinda injured myself and took a knee at the same time. Suck on that Kaepernick!!

HeberFan

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 17, 2018, 11:06:34 pm
I was walking through the woods looking for a tree to hang my lock on in. Stepped in a stump hole. Kinda injured myself and took a knee at the same time. Suck on that Kaepernick!!

Now, that takes talent.  Might just kneel for you, or maybe stand, depending on what offends you least.

Trojanbird

Maybe they should just turn the stadium lights off during injury timeouts!  That way the fans could not see who is kneeling or standing, the players could do whatever they want to do.  Perhaps go to the concession stand!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Trojanbird on October 18, 2018, 10:18:01 am
Maybe they should just turn the stadium lights off during injury timeouts!  That way the fans could not see who is kneeling or standing, the players could do whatever they want to do.  Perhaps go to the concession stand!
+1

P.F.G.

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 15, 2018, 12:08:34 pm
Go to the sideline get instructions from your coach. Treat it just like a timeout unless it ends up serious and the strtcher is brought out. Unless you can't walk, an injured player should get off the field. If your shoulder hurts your legs work!!! Too much laying around on the field these days and it could change the momentum your team has. Stop flopping young people it's unbecoming of a true football player

Can't coach during an injury. Water away from the injury but no coaching

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: P.F.G. on October 19, 2018, 09:02:26 am

Can’t coach during an injury. Water away from the injury but no coaching
But is a cramp an injury?

HeberFan

Quote from: Oldman on October 19, 2018, 09:13:15 am

A serious injury is anything hurting YOU.  A non-serious injury happens to someone else.

Oldbadger

Quote from: P.F.G. on October 19, 2018, 09:02:26 am

Can't coach during an injury. Water away from the injury but no coaching
Really, tell that to all the coaches I've seen.lol

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldman on October 19, 2018, 09:13:15 am
Its only an injury someone's style gets cramped.

Redskin2015

bigchief72455

AW I about fell out when I saw this during the game.

AirWarren

October 19, 2018, 10:38:00 am #173 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:39:36 am by AirWarren
Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 19, 2018, 10:21:43 am
AW I about fell out when I saw this during the game.

My head nearly exploded. I almost lept over the fence behind me where I was sitting.

And let me preface this by saying. 1. I'm a soccer fan. 2. I like Lebron James. I feel like I'm an expert on dramatic, overdone flops and whining....but that garbage took the freaking cake.

HeberFan

Quote from: AirWarren on October 19, 2018, 10:38:00 am
My head nearly exploded. I almost lept over the fence behind me where I was sitting.

And let me preface this by saying. 1. I'm a soccer fan. 2. I like Lebron James. I feel like I'm an expert on dramatic, overdone flops and whining....but that garbage took the freaking cake.

That dude could ROCK the floor exercise if he joined the gymnastics team!

Redskin2015

I think we can all agree that Cantrell shouldn't even be in on offense they should've converted him over to defense or something, O'Grady should be in at TE every play

AirWarren

Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 19, 2018, 10:46:40 am
I think we can all agree that Cantrell shouldn't even be in on offense they should've converted him over to defense or something, O'Grady should be in at TE every play

I like Cantrell at the HB position. But yes, CJ should be targeted and passed to at least 5-10 times a game.

HeberFan

O'Grady is also OPEN every play.

P.F.G.

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 19, 2018, 09:45:39 am
Really, tell that to all the coaches I've seen.lol

Go watch a good crew work a game. The players can't go all the way to the sideline. They can go to the numbers and get water but no coaching during an injury timeout.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas