• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All State from the 4A-1

Started by BigGuy22, October 14, 2018, 05:05:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGuy22

It seems like an insteresting topic to see who could grab All-State from this conference this year with it being a down year for the conference! Any obvious standouts from any teams?

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Kerlose Ruzek from Gentry Conversion Charter. He's their biggest kid and sticks out like a sore thumb. He has something like 23 pancakes hiding on the interior of their line.

BigGuy22

I think PR has 3 capable of all state honors.. Carson Rhine, Mike Mahoney, and Tristin Brewer. All 3 of them just seem to make big plays when it's needed and find ways to just disrupt offenses. Carson Rhine is one of the best athletes in the state and can cover basically any reciever in the state, Tristin Brewer just always finds a way to make tackled after tackle every game. I think last week against PG he had 17 tackles and honestly think he's the best LB in the 4A hands down. And Mike Mahoney is just a BIG dude. He's 6'4" 260 and he's an athlete for his size.. if youve watched the past couple of games that PR has played it seems that teams game plan around not running to his side. I did the percentage for the Lincoln game and they ran the ball away from Mahoney 94% of the time. The two plays they ran to Mahoneys side he made the plays. I think these three should be easy candidates for All State honors

Trackhawk

Quote from: BigGuy22 on October 14, 2018, 05:05:49 pm
It seems like an insteresting topic to see who could grab All-State from this conference this year with it being a down year for the conference! Any obvious standouts from any teams?

The Arkansas High School All-State teams are politically correct.  There are six conferences, and the AAA allows eight players from each league to get All-State.  There were players who weren't among the top 25 in stats in their position but who were named all-state because they were from a weak conference.  This is especially unfair to power conferences like the 4A-7 which had so many great players last year.  Arkadelphia didn't have nearly as many all-staters as Warren even though they were state champions, but the Badgers were from the 4A-7.  States like Missouri have all-state 1st team, 2nd team, and third team.  My old high school (Monett) had 11 all-staters when they won the state in 2017.  There should be an all-state defense. and an all-state offense and special teams all-state.  All-State should honor the best players from each position no matter where they go to school.  That Arkadelphia kicker is the best I have ever seen, and he had he played in Missouri, Oklahoma or Kansas he would be a multi-year all-state athlete.  In Arkansas........

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas