• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game of the Week: Harrison Golden Goblins @ Alma Airedales

Started by Go Postal, October 13, 2018, 11:32:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

@
This is the Game of the Week.  Winner of this one could be the West Conference Champ and first seed to go to the playoffs.  Both teams are sitting at 4-0 in conference play.  You can be betting that both team's Coaches are watching the other team's seven previous games to prepare their team for this next Friday night.  The question is, "Who will win"?

The Goblins come to this game undefeated in seasonal play.  Harrison with their high scoring Offense and outstanding Defense have blown away most foes in the 1st half of each game.  The 2nd and 3rd unit offense and especially defense have done a phenomenal job in the 2nd half to help the Goblins achieve their average of 44 Points For and 8.14 Points Against per game in the last seven games. This is one of the best teams that I have seen since the 1999 State Champions team.  Do I see them winning this game?  Yes I do.

Alma come to this game after a slow preseason start but have found their swagger back in conference play.  Alma is Harrison's oldest opposing foe in the West.  The Airedales have made the Goblins their kennel b#t#h in the last 17 match ups winning 14-3.  Last year the Airedales beat the Goblins by 1 point.  I have noticed that over the years that no matter what the score is at half, Alma comes back and wins in the 2nd half.  So do I see the them winning this game?  Why yes I do also.

This game will come down to which team has the most balanced Offense, Defense and Special Teams.

Remember Alma fans,

#DESTROYTHEDOUBT

and always remember Alma fans, Harrison fans and the rest of the World, with no hashtags added,

GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!

Comments and insights are welcome.  Even from Greenwood fans.  ;D

Go Postal

It's a Mutt's Life

"So, I hear that the Goblins are coming to the Airedale Nation"

Go Postal

Go Postal

It's a Mutt's Life

Alma fans be like...

"Man, I can't wait until this game
to beat the Goblins once again"

JessieP

I see Harrison winning this one pretty big. Anyone know this kid Huskey's numbers this year? I know for a while he was putting up video game numbers.

Go Postal

Quote from: JessieP on October 13, 2018, 05:43:24 pm
I see Harrison winning this one pretty big. Anyone know this kid Huskey's numbers this year? I know for a while he was putting up video game numbers.
I'll try to post them as soon as they are updated with last Friday's game but on just rushing yards alone, it is over 1000 but you have to remember that he has played mostly in the first half of the last seven games.  So maybe only 14 to 15.5 quarters.  He played some of the 3rd qtrs in the Motown and 'Briar games.

Oh, and he is a Junior.

beach bum

woopork

Quote from: JessieP on October 13, 2018, 05:43:24 pm

Something to the extent of 1100 rushing and 500 receiving.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on October 13, 2018, 06:16:11 pm
I'll try to post them as soon as they are updated with last Friday's game but on just rushing yards alone, it is over 1000 but you have to remember that he has played mostly in the first half of the last seven games.  So maybe only 14 to 15.5 quarters.  He played some of the 3rd qtrs in the Motown and 'Briar games.

Oh, and he is a Junior.

Magical GobHusky#23

Go Postal

InYoGrill

Elvis Hoggoblin

GOBLIN OFFENSE                                                   

PASSING      GAMES      COMPS      ATTPS      YARDS      INTS      LONG      TDS      YPG   

Ben Johnson      7      50      76      1009      2      99      13   1   144.1   
Cole Keylon      6      9      14      117      1      55      1   188   19.5   
Gabe Huskey      7      1      1      41      0      41      1      5.9   

TOTAL PASSING       7      60      91      1167      3      99      15   189   166.7   

RECEIVING      GAMES      RECEP      YARDS      LONG      TDS      RPG      YPR      YPG   

Gabe Huskey      7      19      485      99      5      2.7       25.5       69.3   
Rilee Jones      7      7      209      55      5      1.0       29.9       29.9   
Colton Shaver      7      11      175      35      4      1.6       15.9       25.0   
Collin Ballard      7      5      122      41      1      0.7       24.4       17.4   
Brooks Both      7      2      54      44      0      0.3       27.0       7.7   
Kaden Jones      7      3      39      18      0      0.4       13.0       5.6   
Thailler Lovell      7      2      7      14      0      0.3       3.5       1.0   
Julius Scott      7      1      14      14      0      0.1       14.0       2.0   
Bryant Ulrich      7      2      17      13      0      0.3       8.5       2.4   
Brown      7      1      -2      12      0      0.1       (2.0)      -0.3   
Hunter Holtby      7      3      21      11      0      0.4       7.0       3.0   
Breckin Duck      7      1      11      11      0      0.1       11.0       1.6   
Trey Richardson      7      1      7      7      0      0.1       7.0       1.0   
Sebastin Diffey      7      1      2      2      0      0.1       2.0       0.3   
Michael Scott      7      1      6      6      0      0.1       6.0       0.9   

TOTAL RECEIVING       7      60      1167      99      15      8.6       19.5       166.7   

RUSHING      GAMES      CARRIES      YARDS      LONG      TDS      YPC      CPG      YPG   

Gabe Huskey      7      138      1088      93      17       7.9       19.7       155.4   
Ben Johnson      7      39      109      17      0       2.8       5.6       15.6   
Collin Ballard      7      28      167      14      0       6.0       4.0       23.9   
Hunter Holtby      7      10      87      34      1       8.7       1.4       12.4   
Cole Keylon      7      9      90      29      3       10.0       1.3       12.9   
Brooks Both      7      13      59      13      3       4.5       1.9       8.4   
Julius Scott      7      8      45      20      0       5.6       1.1       6.4   
Trey Richardson      7      11      54      10      0       4.9       1.6       7.7   
Jordon Welsh      7      10      33      14      0       3.3       1.4       4.7   
Bryant Ulrich      7      5      31      15      0       6.2       0.7       4.4   
Tyler Hutchison      6      4      15      10      0       3.8       0.7       2.5   

TOTAL RUSHING      7      275      1778      34      24       6.5       39.3       254.0   

TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS PER GAME                                                420.7   

TOTAL      AVERAGE      TOTAL      AVERAGE      TOTAL      AVERAGE         
GOBLIN DEFENSE      GAMES      RUSH YDS      RUSH YDS      PASS  YDS      PASS  YDS      YARDS      YARDS         
            ALLOWED      ALLOWED      ALLOWED      ALLOWED      ALLOWED      ALLOWED         

7      879      125.6      561      80.1      1440      205.7         

Yellowcake

Go Postal

October 14, 2018, 10:01:46 am #13 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 04:22:17 pm by Go Postal
It's a Mutt's Life

The kennels discuss strategy with Alma for upcoming game

#DESTROYTHEDOUBT

Go Postal

October 14, 2018, 10:19:05 am #14 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:23:38 am by Go Postal
Announcer says "Harrison in the end zone once again"

GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!

The Future

Definitely gonna be streaming this one while at the Greenwood Benton game.

Harrison should win comfortably but Alma is gonna make them earn every yard.

Harrison 49
Alma 17

Airedale90

Should be a good game probably a close one.  Comparing the non conference schedule The teams Harrison played are combined 7-14. The teams Alma played 14-7.  The conference title is on the line both teams will bring their best. 

Go Postal

October 14, 2018, 03:06:45 pm #17 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 04:21:06 pm by Go Postal
Run!  The Goblins are coming!
The Goblins are coming to Alma!!

GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!

Go Postal

October 14, 2018, 03:43:27 pm #18 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 04:17:17 pm by Go Postal
I'ts a Mutt's Life
Alma fans be like...

TOUCHDOWN ALMA!

#DESTROYTHEDOUBT

Go Postal

October 14, 2018, 04:02:01 pm #19 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 04:15:49 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Airedale90 on October 14, 2018, 02:35:19 pm
Should be a good game probably a close one.  Comparing the non conference schedule The teams Harrison played are combined 7-14. The teams Alma played 14-7.  The conference title is on the line both teams will bring their best.
Comparing the West Conference schedule

Same           Harrison           Alma
Opponents    PF    PA    Dif    PF    PA    Dif
Motown        21     9     12    23    22     1
Clarksville      42   13     29    55    29    26
Veagles        62     6     56    34    16    18
Total          125    28    97   112    67    45
Points differential w/like opponents
between GOBS 97 Dales 45 = 52

Other Conf
Opponents    PF    PA    Dif    PF    PA    Dif
'Briar            40     7    33
Redbirds                             35    28     7
Total         165    35   130   147   95    52
Points differential in conference
between GOBS 130 Dales 45 = 88

Lumberjackfan1978

Should be a good game anytime these two get together.But I just think Harrison is to good this year Goblins by 20

Overdahill

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 14, 2018, 06:10:44 pm
Should be a good game anytime these two get together.But I just think Harrison is to good this year Goblins by 20

^^ i agree

AT

Taking bias away, would have to agree with most, putting bias back in, you should see Alma's recent history against Harrison. They've beat the Goblins when they've had no business beating them as GP alluded to in his OP.

Reddie20

This should be a pretty good game this week and is probably going to be the game of the week for Hootens as well.  Good luck to both teams.  The game of the week down should be in the central with LRCA traveling to White Hall, this game will feature a lot of "big play" athletes and a lot on the line for the playoff seeding.  You never know whats going to happen and one of these two teams could be headed to Alma or Harrison in a few weeks.  I'm sure White Hall wouldn't mind getting a little payback on Alma from last year but at the same time, they are looking to make a name for themselves and play for a conference championship at the end of the season.  Nobody wants to give them credit and people keep telling them they can't compete in the 5A Central which is considered to be the toughest in 5A.  LRCA is very talented especially when Hill is playing, they are trying to play up to expectations and they keep hearing how they will play PA in Little Rock in December.  They have a long way to go and a lot of pretty good opponents standing in their way.  Good luck to team this week and I can't wait for Friday Night!

Go Postal

Go Postal

It's a Mutt's Life
Airedale coaches going over with their team the sideline signals

#DESTROYTHEDOUBT

Go Postal

It's a Mutt's Life
Alma cheerleaders practice for Friday's game

Aire! Dales!  Aire! Dales!  Aire! Dales!  Aire! Dales!

#DESTROYTHEDOUBT

Go Postal

Harrison fans practice the Goblin Touchdown Dance

GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!

Go Postal

Discussion by Officials before the game

"So, which team was it that had the bigger zebra fund?"

Go Postal

It's a Mutt's Life
Alma players practice for the upcoming game on Friday

#DESTROYTHEDOUBT

Go Postal

Halftime intermission
While watching the game, the Greenwood Bulldog be like...

"Man, I miss beating the Airedales and the Goblins"

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Youngsta71701

Should be a good game. I want to go with Harrison but since Alma is playing at home I'm going to give them the nod. Something about that home field advantage. ;)

Go Postal

October 16, 2018, 11:36:08 am #35 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 11:38:38 am by Go Postal
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 16, 2018, 10:22:22 am
Should be a good game. I want to go with Harrison but since Alma is playing at home I'm going to give them the nod. Something about that home field advantage. ;)
And yes that could be the difference.  Almatrackster and I have both mentioned that either of us would not be surprised if the Airedales win.  I think that it will come down to the Defense of either team. 

Harrison has only let one opponent, Pea Ridge, get double digits in scoring 14 points so far this season.  We will see if the Airedales can do better than all the others.  Still I must stress that Alma seems to do better in the second half of the game and if the Goblins want to pull a victory that they don't let their guard down until after the final buzzer.

South 45

The real question for this game is who has the better live stream...I'll be watching...while I watch our game.

Go Postal

Here is a copy/paste from that magazine from Little Rock:
GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 4 Harrison (3) at No. 8 Alma
It's senior night at Alma, and the winner gets the 5A West title and a nice playoff draw, on the opposite side of the bracket from Pulaski Academy.
Alma has won 14 of the past 19 in the series. The Airedales captured/shared back-to-back 5A West titles, but the started 2018 with losses in their three non conference games, falling to Class 7A Van Buren and Springdale and Class 6A Russellville. "Harrison is the best 5A team we've seen," Alma coach Doug Loughridge says.
Alma senior safety Coltin Bowerman paces the defense with 90 tackles and a pair of fumble recoveries, while sophomore middle linebacker Logan Chronister has 57 stops and one sack. Senior tackle Zac Henson (10 tackles) and junior end Carston Beneux (43 tackles, 14 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks) get tested by Harrison's big offensive line. Alma senior running back Keegan Rosebeary has rushed for at least 100 yards in three of the past four games. Rosebeary has 85 carries this fall for 508 yards and six TDs.
Goblin senior Hayden Vanderpool (6-3, 290) and junior Trey Stith (5-10, 225) form a tough guard tandem. Junior Gabe Huskey paces Class 5A with 134 carries for 1,061 yards and 17 touchdowns this fall, despite not playing in the fourth quarter of most blowout victories. Huskey has at least 121 yards in six games this season, highlighted by 30 carries for 230 yards and a pair of TDs in a downpour Week 4 at Morrilton. He also has 19 catches for 483 yards and five TDs. Junior QB Ben Johnson compliments Huskey, completing 65 percent of his passes for 1,003 yards and 13 TDs, with only one interception. Vanderpool paces the defensive line with 21 stops, while junior linebacker Brooks Both has 64 tackles and a pair of sacks.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on October 16, 2018, 04:26:58 am
Halftime intermission
While watching the game, the Greenwood Bulldog be like...

"Man, I miss beating the Airedales and the Goblins"

NICE one Posty! Miss me some Bdog poundings.  ;D

AT

Quote from: South 45 on October 16, 2018, 11:41:54 am
The real question for this game is who has the better live stream...I'll be watching...while I watch our game.

Alma's has been consistently good this year. Had troubles last year. Also a scoreboard graphic on the bottom that is decent.

Harrison has had a great one for awhile, although it has its problems.

Probably find one that has the best angles and who you want to listen to more.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Go Postal on October 16, 2018, 01:49:06 pm
Here is a copy/paste from that magazine from Little Rock:
GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 4 Harrison (3) at No. 8 Alma
It's senior night at Alma, and the winner gets the 5A West title and a nice playoff draw, on the opposite side of the bracket from Pulaski Academy.
Alma has won 14 of the past 19 in the series. The Airedales captured/shared back-to-back 5A West titles, but the started 2018 with losses in their three non conference games, falling to Class 7A Van Buren and Springdale and Class 6A Russellville. "Harrison is the best 5A team we've seen," Alma coach Doug Loughridge says.
Alma senior safety Coltin Bowerman paces the defense with 90 tackles and a pair of fumble recoveries, while sophomore middle linebacker Logan Chronister has 57 stops and one sack. Senior tackle Zac Henson (10 tackles) and junior end Carston Beneux (43 tackles, 14 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks) get tested by Harrison's big offensive line. Alma senior running back Keegan Rosebeary has rushed for at least 100 yards in three of the past four games. Rosebeary has 85 carries this fall for 508 yards and six TDs.
Goblin senior Hayden Vanderpool (6-3, 290) and junior Trey Stith (5-10, 225) form a tough guard tandem. Junior Gabe Huskey paces Class 5A with 134 carries for 1,061 yards and 17 touchdowns this fall, despite not playing in the fourth quarter of most blowout victories. Huskey has at least 121 yards in six games this season, highlighted by 30 carries for 230 yards and a pair of TDs in a downpour Week 4 at Morrilton. He also has 19 catches for 483 yards and five TDs. Junior QB Ben Johnson compliments Huskey, completing 65 percent of his passes for 1,003 yards and 13 TDs, with only one interception. Vanderpool paces the defensive line with 21 stops, while junior linebacker Brooks Both has 64 tackles and a pair of sacks.
Wow! He who shall not be named huh? Lol...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 16, 2018, 03:22:51 pm
Alma's has been consistently good this year. Had troubles last year. Also a scoreboard graphic on the bottom that is decent.

Links?

Go Postal

It's a Mutt's Life
Airedales getting into shape by curling a Siloam Springs Panther

#DESTROYTHEDOUBT

South 45

Morrilton is behind the curve on this letting local cable channel record and replay the next day...Really glad other schools have embraced the technology. 

Go Postal

Goblins getting psyched up for Friday's game

GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!

Go Postal

I'll try to post links once that they are available near game time.  GobTV has to have a sponsor to go to away games and I believe that it has to be okay with the home school also to broadcast.  They haven't had any problems that I know except the SS game.
I will try to watch both to hear both team's commentators.  But I do listen to Jim and Marty online at KCWD Kool 96.1 each game.
You probably can catch both live streams on the Mascot Media app for smart phones.  Search for Harrison Goblins.

RiverRunner02

Go Postal

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas