• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Picks Week 7

Started by stuck in between, October 08, 2018, 07:55:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

Last week's games put the top four teams in the conference against the bottom four. It became very apparent that there is huge gap in the quality of football being played from top to bottom of the 7-2A. Last week's winners outscored the losers by an average of 46.5 points. It's hard for me to believe there is that much of a difference between the #4-#5 spots.

Lafayette County Vs. Dierks - For the Cougars to somewhat remain in the play-off picture they must not loose more than one more conference game and hope Murfreesboro slips up a couple more times. This and week 9's matchup vs. Spring Hill is the Outlaws best chance at getting a win this year. Both teams suffered a bad loss last week. I believe the Cougars and their 7.6 ppg average will be too much for the Outlaws who average just 6.5. Taking the Cougars by 10.

Spring Hill Vs.  Gurdon- looking at the Bears schedule I see one or possibly two wins left , but this game isn't one of them. Spring Hill has been struggling on offense only putting up 6.8 ppg. The Go-Devils have played as solid as anyone in 2-A so far this year. Their offensive out put has been on the rise ever since a dismal performance against 4-A Haskell. Scoring a season high 62 points last week. Gurdon is still out to prove they are in the race for the conference crown. They should get past their next two opponents. Before having to face off against Mount Ida and Foreman in weeks 9 and 10. Gurdon by 28.

Murfreesboro Vs. Mineral Springs - Currently the Rattlers defense has more holes in it than Obama's immigration policy. Giving up nearly 40 ppg is making it hard for them to stay in the play-off hunt. That being said if they can muster two more wins they should still be post season eligible. The Hornets got their first Conference victory in fashion last week with a 50-8 win over Dierks after losing respectively to Mount Ida and Gurdon. I think Mineral's offense will be too much for Murfreesboro's struggling defense and they will make it two W's in a row. Going with the Hornets by 21

Foreman Vs. Mount Ida - Without a doubt the class 2-A game of the week. There isn't much I can add to the discussion on this game. Two great teams and sadly one of them has to lose. Foreman has not allowed a point in their last four games. Mount Ida has only given up 25 all season. Two great defenses vs. two punishing offenses. Can Ida contain Foreman's speed? Can Foreman's O-Line hold off Ida's defense? I try to be as unbiased as possible when making these selections, last year I picked #1 ranked Mount Ida at home by 1. Using the same thought process I will do the same thing again. I also think the Gator's depth and Ida's lack of will play into factor. Going with #1 Foreman at home by 1.

Wantobe

I look forward to your predictions each week because you rationale your choices (and you wordsmith it enough to make it entertaining). I agree with all of your picks but wouldn't be surprised if Dierks comes out on top. Lafayette county had a couple of injuries that may impact their ability this Friday. The Foreman/Mt. Ida game is subject to go either way, so I can appreciate your very conservative 1 point pick for the home team.

Ole Man River

Well it's been a while since OMR has made predictions, but I'm going to knock off the old rust and try.  L.C. vs Dierks. The Outlaws by 7.  Gurdon vs SH.  The Go-Devil by 35.  Murfressboro vs Mineral Springs.  The Hornets by 21.  7-2A Game of the Year——Mt. Ida vs Foreman OMR is going with the Gators by 2.  OMR OUT.

whoknows

Quote from: Ole Man River on October 10, 2018, 08:14:17 pm
Well it's been a while since OMR has made predictions, but I'm going to knock off the old rust and try.  L.C. vs Dierks. The Outlaws by 7.  Gurdon vs SH.  The Go-Devil by 35.  Murfressboro vs Mineral Springs.  The Hornets by 21.  7-2A Game of the Year——Mt. Ida vs Foreman OMR is going with the Gators by 2.  OMR OUT.

Welcome back!

couch-coach06

Even nailed the first Dierks win

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas