• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earle vs. Bearden

Started by Yogi bear, August 19, 2018, 12:33:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi bear

Ready to see the new look of the Bears. I know Earle will be a tough opponent.

old.dole

Looking forward to seeing this showgun myself

HG Hornet

That's gonna be a long trip down here for Earle.  Without their Baylor Bear, I see them losing to the Bearden Bears by 8+.

Dogg

We will be fine. Earle will be better than they were last year

bear for life

Should be and good one the bears really liking the showgun offense

THA TRUTH

Battle of two teams that long for past success to return.... Earle wins Bearden just isn't good

Mr. Trill

Bearden always seem outbest Earle but as the guy said, I do feel like this squad is better than last year and that includes Bohannon.

friscokid

I'm surprised neither school has been shut down yet. Anywho, Bearden wins by a whisker.

bleacherbum78

bear for life

Quote from: friscokid on August 19, 2018, 07:16:42 pm
I'm surprised neither school has been shut down yet. Anywho, Bearden wins by a whisker.
why would Bearden be shut down ?

Dogg

Why would Earle be shut down

Dogg

Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 19, 2018, 06:02:30 pm
Battle of two teams that long for past success to return.... Earle wins Bearden just isn't good
Under Coleman the Bulldogs are having the most success in program history

Backwoods Bart

August 19, 2018, 08:22:06 pm #12 Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:25:07 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: THA TRUTH on August 19, 2018, 06:02:30 pm

so.... if Bearden isn't good by your view, that must not bode well for J.C. going forward.  I watched J.C. struggle at Rison camp V. Bearden, and checking the parking lot, Bearden didn't bring two buses that day like the mighty Dragons did.. 

Legend5117

Hey Bearden fans Earle Wouldn't be good either if they checked The players age before they play a whole season

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 19, 2018, 08:22:06 pm
so.... if Bearden isn't good by your view, that must not bode well for J.C. going forward.  I watched J.C. struggle at Rison camp V. Bearden, and checking the parking lot, Bearden didn't bring two buses that day like the mighty Dragons did..

So is the number  of buses a part of the new analytical stats everyone is crazy about??

Yogi bear

I think what Bart meant was , j.c. had alot " maybe" all their players there at Rison and Bearden was missing quite a few. Getting back to the point Bearden has improved alot since then ready to see them tomorrow.

trojanman

Didnt bearden leave that camp early because the other teams were being too rough?

Pit Bull

Bulldogs2002

Quote from: Legend5117 on August 19, 2018, 09:56:46 pm
Hey Bearden fans Earle Wouldn't be good either if they checked The players age before they play a whole season

Whole new season...stop dwelling in the past and come back to the 2018 season with everybody else. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!

Yogi bear

Yeah no one from Bearden has said anything about that.

Bulldogs2002

End of 1st
Earle 6 Bearden 0

Dogg

Butch_Cassidy

Yogi bear

Starters Earle 12 0
Backups was the rest of the scoring.

Bearden_Bear72

This was more of a scrimmage game then anything.  Niether team went hard and heavy.  Alot of other school coaches were in attendence so both Earle and Bearden stayed on a pretty standard offense and defense. 

Earle has some big bodies especially the bus they have running the ball sometimes.  They blocked well and gave rbs alot of room to work with.  Earle's passing will the spot they need to work on.  Even thou this is a run first team the few passes they did throw were badly off or intercepted. 

Bearden has young talent and the YOUNG part definitely shows.  I liked what I saw from the Bears thou.  I believe how well and fast the Bears have learned this offense as well as they have will surprise some teams.  Defense is where the most work will need to be done.  The little things such as taking better angles pursuing ball carrier and getting off blocks which I believe can be developed and toned well by the end of the season.  Also, Bears starts had a touchdown called back for unsportsmanlike conduct celebrating off a pick 6 and did it again on another play.  Little things like that will kill any team.

Going to be a interesting year for the Bears and I wish Earle best luck on their upcoming season.

Go Bears!!!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on August 20, 2018, 08:43:03 pm
This was more of a scrimmage game then anything.  Niether team went hard and heavy.  Alot of other school coaches were in attendence so both Earle and Bearden stayed on a pretty standard offense and defense. 

Earle has some big bodies especially the bus they have running the ball sometimes.  They blocked well and gave rbs alot of room to work with.  Earle's passing will the spot they need to work on.  Even thou this is a run first team the few passes they did throw were badly off or intercepted. 

Bearden has young talent and the YOUNG part definitely shows.  I liked what I saw from the Bears thou.  I believe how well and fast the Bears have learned this offense as well as they have will surprise some teams.  Defense is where the most work will need to be done.  The little things such as taking better angles pursuing ball carrier and getting off blocks which I believe can be developed and toned well by the end of the season.  Also, Bears starts had a touchdown called back for unsportsmanlike conduct celebrating off a pick 6 and did it again on another play.  Little things like that will kill any team.

Going to be a interesting year for the Bears and I wish Earle best luck on their upcoming season.

Go Bears!!!!

Its only like a "scrimmage" cause yall got manhandled, had yall one, that would not be what you were on here talking about.

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 20, 2018, 08:45:25 pm
Its only like a "scrimmage" cause yall got manhandled, had yall one, that would not be what you were on here talking about.

They were training referees at this game.....The reason I say it was more of a scrimmage is because it was just 12-0 at half, but both teams put in second stringers.  I'm not a salty fan like you obviously. 

and its won* not one.  Learn proper grammer

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on August 20, 2018, 08:54:51 pm
They were training referees at this game.....The reason I say it was more of a scrimmage is because it was just 12-0 at half, but both teams put in second stringers.  I'm not a salty fan like you obviously. 

and its won* not one.  Learn proper grammer

Won, one whatever, one is how many losses your team has, won is something it still hasn't done.

Backwoods Bart

Ok.... J.C. staff was there as well as HG head coach and Fordyce among others , do you really think this new coach is going to tip his hand? If any coach thinks they saw it, they didn't! Lol

beach bum

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 20, 2018, 08:57:04 pm
Won, one whatever, one is how many losses your team has, won is something it still hasn't done.

+1

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on August 20, 2018, 08:58:54 pm
Ok.... J.C. staff was there as well as HG head coach and Fordyce among others , do you really think this new coach is going to tip his hand? If any coach thinks they saw it, they didn't! Lol

I will go out on a small limb and say it doenst matter if j.c. knows "your hand" or not.

Bearden_Bear72

I'm not going to argue with someone who has their thong stuck too far up their butt-hole.  Unless you were at the game then i'm not sure how you would know much of anything about what happened. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on August 20, 2018, 09:01:48 pm
I'm not going to argue with someone who has their thong stuck too far up their butt-hole.  Unless you were at the game then i'm not sure how you would know much of anything about what happened.

Not arguing either. But I've been on here long enough to know how you bearden fans are. Kinda like after both playoff losses to des arc. You jumped on j.c.'s jock. Now seeing how your team got its arss handed to them tonight, it was meaningless. Yea, ok tell that to someone who doesnt read yalls post year after year. O and one and still havent won. Grammar learned.

beach bum

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 20, 2018, 09:00:54 pm
I will go out on a small limb and say it doenst matter if j.c. knows "your hand" or not.

I nearly typed this.... This goes for Fordyce and Harmony Grove too. Back to 4th or 5th in line in the 8-2A for Bearden.

beach bum

I am glad the season is back cause the back and forth banter is back on  ;D

Bearden_Bear72

doesn't* grammar not learned.  I will root for my conference if Bearden has been beat and is out for the season.  What exactly is wrong with that?  Would you not do the same?  Your just trying to stir up a little drama on the bulletin boards to make yourself feel special and needs to be noticed.  Hope Des Arc has a good season.

Yogi bear

H.G. isn't in the eight anymore. Bears finished fourth in conference last year. I didn't see alot from either team in the game both sides pretty rusty lots of penalities.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on August 20, 2018, 09:11:38 pm
doesn't* grammar not learned.  I will root for my conference if Bearden has been beat and is out for the season.  What exactly is wrong with that?  Would you not do the same?  Your just trying to stir up a little drama on the bulletin boards to make yourself feel special and needs to be noticed.  Hope Des Arc has a good season.

No, .what I was getting at was you were saying it was like a scrimmage, but it's not, because the one loss counts and Earle WON. When you should have said this game didn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, which it really doesn't, like the des arc England game tomorrow night.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on August 20, 2018, 09:11:38 pm

Oh yea, wouldn't it be *need to be noticed, not needs?

But that could not be further from the truth either, I couldn't care less if I get noticed from anyone on here.....

Yogi bear

Starters played first half. Backups second half with a running clock, sounds kinda like a scrimmage. I don't know for sure but I heard an administrator say it doesn't go on the record. Also no kicking game. There again scrimmage.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Yogi bear on August 20, 2018, 09:19:38 pm
Starters played first half. Backups second half with a running clock, sounds kinda like a scrimmage. I don't know for sure but I heard an administrator say it doesn't go on the record. Also no kicking game. There again scrimmage.

So it wasnt a scheduled game?

They didnt count it as their week zero games?

Hgalum50

Quote from: beach bum on August 20, 2018, 09:06:46 pm

I nearly typed this.... This goes for Fordyce and Harmony Grove too. Back to 4th or 5th in line in the 8-2A for Bearden.
Dang HG moved back in to the 8 already! What did I miss?

The_Wesson_Blessin

What does it matter is he "tips his hand"? It's not every school doesn't have Hudl and won't have every game you play broken down. 10-15 years ago...yeah you wouldn't tip your hand. Now a days I guarantee you one of those three staffs present already had the film and begun breaking it down.  8) lol

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 20, 2018, 09:24:07 pm
So it wasnt a scheduled game?

They didnt count it as their week zero games?

It says Bearden was suppose to have a bye this week, but instead I think they scheduled this game/scrimmage last minute.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on August 20, 2018, 09:29:08 pm
It says Bearden was suppose to have a bye this week, but instead I think they scheduled this game/scrimmage last minute.

Gotcha. I just figured since it was week zero, all games counted now. Excuse me and carry on with the scrimmage talk. Lol

Bearden_Bear72

Bearden definitely wanted to give players some tuning before we play our rivals from HG. 

beach bum

Why on earth would you travel that far for a scrimmage?

Bearden_Bear72

Earle usually has a bigger roster then what they showed.  At first I didn't think they brought the whole team.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on August 20, 2018, 09:36:11 pm
Bearden definitely wanted to give players some tuning before we play our rivals from HG.
Several Hornets were in attendance tonight, as were the Bears at our scrimmage with Hampton last week.  I thought Bearden looked very plain tonight and by that I mean like a Swiss cheese, mayo, and turkey breast sandwich on white bread......they're better than they let on tonight.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on August 20, 2018, 09:46:39 pm
  Earle usually has a bigger roster then what they showed.  At first I didn't think they brought the whole team.
Usually mid twenties. Most I've counted them was 32 if memory serves me right.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas