• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Hooten’s

Started by Eslim03, June 24, 2018, 04:31:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eslim03

I got my book today and the top ten 2a preseason rankings is:

1. Foreman
2. Junction City
3. Mt. Ida
4. Hazen
5. Conway Christian
6. Mineral Springs
7. Hector
8. Hampton
9. Fordyce
10. McCrory

HG Hornet

I can almost guarantee that Hazen will make a deep playoff run.  That's a good bunch of kids. 

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Eslim03 on June 24, 2018, 04:31:13 pm
I got my book today and the top ten 2a preseason rankings is:

1. Foreman
2. Junction City
3. Mt. Ida
4. Hazen
5. Conway Christian
6. Mineral Springs
7. Hector
8. Hampton
9. Fordyce
10. McCrory

Haven't heard much from mineral springs? What do they have to be so high?

x14113

June 24, 2018, 10:47:35 pm #3 Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:38:57 pm by x14113
Comparing different Top-Tens:

Rank   HAF                       Calpreps
{1}ForemanForeman
{2}Jct. CityJct. City
{3}Mt. IdaMt. Ida
{4}HazenConway Christian
{5}Conway ChristianHazen
{6}Mineral SpringsEarle
{7}HectorFordyce
{8}HamptonMarked Tree
{9}FordyceMagnet Cove
{10}McCroryHampton
{XX}Earle (11)Mineral Springs (14)
{XX}Magnet Cove (14)McCrory (16)
{XX}Marked Tree (22)Hector (22)

Well, there is some agreement in the top 5...

SOUTHARK99

How did the coach's have the 8 picked?

MagicMike

JC
Fordyce
Hampton
Pc
Bearden

stuck in between

No disrespect to the rest of the state, but I'm glad they finally realized we do play football in Southwest Arkansas. I think the only reason they put MS so high was so they could justify having Hampton in the top 10 after such an early departure last year.  Should be a great season. Looking forward for it to begin.

Dayton Kitchens

What about Earle?    Until they had to forfeit all those games they were almost invincible.

SOUTHARK99

old.dole

Ole boy at the dollar general told me they already got posters of the hootens book up in the Bearden locker room for motivation. Said they will finish no worse than second in the conference

eldofan

What kind of skill players does Bearden  have coming back ?

SOUTHARK99

Word at QB and they have the tall McWhorter kid that plays tight-end. I'm not sure about the speedy tailback.

mr.gametime

Was surprised they had McCrory picked  1st in the 3-2A especially with the players they lost off last year's team.... I still think EPC is the team to beat

Yogi bear

Word, Wade Miller Hughes  Neugebauer Juniel Rinehart McWhorter that's a few that come to mind.

MT Legend

Quote from: mr.gametime on June 25, 2018, 05:35:10 pm
Was surprised they had McCrory picked  1st in the 3-2A especially with the players they lost off last year's team.... I still think EPC is the team to beat
dont 😴 on MT. We will be ready to defend our conference title.

paraloma

Quote from: fann07 on June 24, 2018, 05:36:31 pm
Haven't heard much from mineral springs? What do they have to be so high?

Come on man.

MTINDIANFAN

Quote from: MT Legend on June 27, 2018, 10:51:45 am
dont 😴 on MT. We will be ready to defend our conference title.
Is Coach Brannum coming back this year?

Greyhound#1

Quote from: mr.gametime on June 25, 2018, 05:35:10 pm

McCrory will not win 3-2a this year

birddawg1986

I like Cross Co. I know the kids did not adapt to Wells last year, but those are some BIG O Cats !!!. I think it's a toss-up between 1-3 (McCrory, EPC, Cross Co) I'm not sure how much noise this conference will make come playoff time.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: birddawg1986 on July 26, 2018, 07:18:30 am
I like Cross Co. I know the kids did not adapt to Wells last year, but those are some BIG O Cats !!!. I think it's a toss-up between 1-3 (McCrory, EPC, Cross Co) I'm not sure how much noise this conference will make come playoff time.

Salem will finish in top 3 this year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on July 26, 2018, 04:28:40 pm
Salem will finish in top 3 this year
Will They have the kid back that ran for what felt like a 1000 yards against Hector in the playoffs?

MT Legend

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on July 25, 2018, 11:31:11 am
Is Coach Brannum coming back this year?

My lil cuz say The Tree ain't going to be no good this season,Lost to much to        graduation.I was just talking noise 😂 

bdubyab60

The 3 is up for grabs this year. Think every team in the conference lost major parts to graduation. EPC, CC and Salem all move up some young talent that battled hard for the conference crown last year. The winner will be the team that has those young players step up and make a difference

Backwoods Bart

July 29, 2018, 09:14:38 am #23 Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 09:21:34 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 25, 2018, 03:04:08 pm
Looks about right to me.

J.C. seemed to struggle at team camp against some 2A competition, but had trouble with the 3A competition that was there., a great deal more than I expected. But hey, that's why they have those, and gives them time to bridge the gaps. Fordyce's Marks will have everyone in the 8 chasing this year.

bleacherbum78

well bart the dragons had a fairly easy time with Bearden at the Team Camp! Bears didn't even get on the board!

Backwoods Bart

July 29, 2018, 11:08:46 pm #25 Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:18:19 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: bleacherbum78 on July 29, 2018, 08:56:46 pm
well bart the dragons had a fairly easy time with Bearden at the Team Camp! Bears didn't even get on the board!

That's why Bearden is not in the Hooten's conversation . But thank you for noticing!

BTW, the Bears didn't bring TWO buses like some school did. Takes that second bus for all that equipment i guess, because we have all been told JC's numbers are in the tank.
right?

MT Legend

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on July 29, 2018, 11:08:46 pm
That's why Bearden is not in the Hooten's conversation . But thank you for noticing!

BTW, the Bears didn't bring TWO buses like some school did. Takes that second bus for all that equipment i guess, because we have all been told JC's numbers are in the tank.
right?

2 buses full of players?

Greyhound#1

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 27, 2018, 09:34:12 pm
Will They have the kid back that ran for what felt like a 1000 yards against Hector in the playoffs?

Yes

dragondad

Quote from: MT Legend on July 29, 2018, 11:29:24 pm
2 buses full of players?

Charter buses, not just regular school buses.

Well, except for the two that flew in on our boosters G6

MT Legend

Quote from: dragondad on July 30, 2018, 03:20:28 pm
Charter buses, not just regular school buses.

Well, except for the two that flew in on our boosters G6

I seen junction city y'all to poor for all that. You got some good sarcasm though.

bleacherbum78

Don't be mad at me Bart for JC actually having kids that want to play!  I guess that happens when you win championships!

thabeast428

July 30, 2018, 09:47:23 pm #31 Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:49:10 pm by thabeast428
lol too poor huh 🤦🏻‍♂️... Ok make some donations then bc what money we did have has went to our recruiters 🤷‍♂️. They have had to travel quite alot and far since the Christmas break last yr

MT Legend

Quote from: thabeast428 on July 30, 2018, 09:47:23 pm
lol too poor huh 🤦🏻‍♂️... Ok make some donations then bc what money we did have has went to our recruiters 🤷‍♂️. They have had to travel quite alot and far since the Christmas break last yr

Why you need recruits to win in the 2A? 😂🤣🤣😂 thanks for the laugh though.

MT Legend

Quote from: bleacherbum78 on July 30, 2018, 07:54:20 pm
Don't be mad at me Bart for JC actually having kids that want to play!  I guess that happens when you win championships!

Are you move down a division so you can play less competition.😂🤣🤣😂 y'all kill me man. (JOKES)

MT Legend

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on July 29, 2018, 09:14:38 am
[s]J.C. seemed to struggle at team camp[/s] against some 2A competition, but had trouble with the 3A competition that was there., a great deal more than I expected. But hey, that's why they have those, and gives them time to bridge the gaps. Fordyce's Marks will have everyone in the 8 chasing this year.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: MT Legend on July 30, 2018, 10:03:43 pm
Are you move down a division so you can play less competition.😂🤣🤣😂 y'all kill me man. (JOKES)

A lot less in travel expenses also but comprehending that is tough for some

dragondad

Quote from: MT Legend on July 30, 2018, 10:03:43 pm

They'll play wherever they're at..... which is way more than anyone can say about MT.

MT Legend.... that must be a guy with more than one tooth and shoes on both feet.  Shot in the dark but I'd guess you're a poser.

MT Legend

July 31, 2018, 08:28:04 pm #37 Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:41:05 pm by MT Legend
Quote from: dragondad on July 31, 2018, 02:35:53 pm
They'll play wherever they're at..... which is way more than anyone can say about MT.

MT Legend.... that must be a guy with more than one tooth and shoes on both feet.  Shot in the dark but I'd guess you're a poser.

😂🤣🤣😂 woo. You sure put me in my place.😂🤣🤣😂

More then anyone can say about MT? I no longer go to school there.i no longer care what they do or don't do lol,When I'm home I go watch the crest play. You know the ones who just beat you "jokes" 48-14.

MT Legend

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 31, 2018, 02:27:22 pm

A lot less in travel expenses also but comprehending that is tough for some

You got me there. I think.....🤔

THA TRUTH

MT Legend

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 31, 2018, 08:44:51 pm
Bandwagoning is fun

Yes it is! I enjoyed watching that whipping last year. I love my seat on the wagon. It's always good to roll with winners. Go Colts

dragondad

MT Legend

Quote from: dragondad on July 31, 2018, 10:20:48 pm
But, but..... she's a legend!!

Yawn...come harder then that. Y'all football team weak and y'all chop it up game is weak lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas