• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team camps

Started by Gray lizard, May 30, 2018, 08:03:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

Sure seems to be a lot of them.  This is where 4 or 5 schools show up to scrimmage at one location.  Is this replacing 7 on 7.  Teams wear full gear and play contact above the waist from what I hear.  What can we learn about the up coming team from these camps?  Do you think this will advance football in Arkansas?  Do you think this may cause more kids to drop football due to the extra summer time required?
I would like to hear others thoughts on this subject.

phdefense

Team camps are in general superior to 7 on 7 as it allows the linemen to work on their technique as well. 7 on 7 has evolved or perhaps devolved to where teams run plays specifically designed for 7 on 7 to take advantage of the lack of linemen, so obviously, those plays do not translate very well to the 11man full contact game. 7 on 7 does have its place though, it is just inferior to team camps for overall team development.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

7v7 is only helpful if your coach calls plays that he'll run in the fall and play D like he'll have his players to lay too. Helps with route timing, other than that its backyard touch football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas