• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 - 2A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, March 23, 2018, 07:24:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctucker

Quote from: softballfan22 on April 24, 2018, 08:37:08 am
Why didn't WCC want to play?
I really don't know for sure but I know the coach From WCC wasn't happy he posted some stuff on our fan page but it has been took off and I can't remember exactly what it said so I'm not going to miss quote him but he was upset about something! And that is not like him!

big E

He was pretty upset in the first game when Kenley hit y'alls pitcher in the arm. He yelled out that Kenley did it on purpose. I don't think She tries to hit anyone , her ball gets away from her on occasion and that's what it looked like to me I was setting in center field and it looked like Kenley was trying to move the girl off the plate and it just got away from her nothing intentional.

Ctucker

Like I said I have no ideal! But I know he was upset!

big E

PW 15 -0 over Brinkley in the first round of the district tournament.

MikelB

Does anyone know if the 2A-2 Dist tournament is still on for today in Salem? And has the bracket been released yet? I've seen the baseball bracket but not a completed softball bracket.

Mustangfans

Quote from: MikelB on April 26, 2018, 07:44:16 am
Does anyone know if the 2A-2 Dist tournament is still on for today in Salem? And has the bracket been released yet? I've seen the baseball bracket but not a completed softball bracket.
I've got one that the coach gave my daughter, but not sure how I could take a picture of it and post it. If you can't find it let me know and I'll type it all out for you.

underdog678

Quote from: MikelB on April 26, 2018, 07:44:16 am
Salem is working on the fields all day today, there has been lots of rain. I don't think they will decide to a little bit later.

big E

softballfan22

Hazen came to play. Left a couple of runners on and had a little momentum before the umpire was hurt. Only a 5-2 game. Praying for that umpire!

big E

PW 6-1 OVER MCCRORY . Lady patriots are the 1 seed going into regionals.

PapaHog

Someone post regional matchups

underdog678

Salem beats EPC 14-1 after 5 innings to win district

LeftyWorld

With all the rain Wednesday and Thursday what's the plan for everyone? Anyone moving games up to Monday and Tuesday or double headers later in the week to get them in? Some fields may not even be playable on Friday.

big E

LeftyWorld

Quote from: big E on April 28, 2018, 07:23:39 pm
Regionals start thursday.

Correct but with the accumulation of rain wed and Thursday don't you think it'll set games back to at least Friday opening round on good fields.

big E

This time of year you can miss a rain just as fast as you can catch one.

3 Dollar

OneHitWonder

Quitman   0

Rosebud   4

Final

PapaHog

big E

big E

EPC 5-3 over Carlisle , PW and EPC tomorrow.

Mustangfans

softballfan22

EPC and Salem got exposed. Congrats to PW on their Regional Championship!

big E

If the lady Patriots keep hitting like that they will be very very hard to handle.

softballfan22

May 04, 2018, 08:30:37 am #74 Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 08:32:23 am by softballfan22
Quote from: big E on May 03, 2018, 06:45:11 pm
If the lady Patriots keep hitting like that they will be very very hard to handle.

Yeah, no other team has even half the amount of confidence at the plate as them. When you know all you have to do is score 1-2 runs to win a game and there is no pressure on anyone but the pitcher it helps with confidence and that has translated into offense I am sure.

MUSTANGSALLY23

Marmaduke is not exactly the Marmaduke of 2 or 3 years ago. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Poyen is the team to beat in 2A. PW and them would be a heck of a game.

PapaHog

I've got Poyen and PW in the finals. Good call. Poyen can hit the ball all through the lineup.

MikelB

Quote from: softballfan22 on May 03, 2018, 06:02:41 pm
EPC and Salem got exposed. Congrats to PW on their Regional Championship!

You must not realize that once you get to regionals the games should be close.

softballfan22

Quote from: MikelB on May 04, 2018, 12:57:42 pm
You must not realize that once you get to regionals the games should be close.

PW and McCrory won combined 30 runs. EPC and Salem won combined 3 runs. Can't tell me that doesn't speak to something.

Mustangfans

MikelB

Quote from: softballfan22 on May 04, 2018, 01:23:02 pm
PW and McCrory won combined 30 runs. EPC and Salem won combined 3 runs. Can't tell me that doesn't speak to something.

Then PW only beats EPC by 3 ... maybe a little more exposure ?

big E

Win by 1 or 100 it's survive and advance at this point.

beastmode00

Round 1 of regionals
Spring Hill 7
Murfreesboro 4
Spring Hill advances to state

big E

Quote from: MikelB on May 04, 2018, 03:49:24 pm
Then PW only beats EPC by 3 ... maybe a little more exposure ?
PW has been winning games like that all year , Kenley didn't have her best game and still only gave up 1 run. I think if our coach would play small ball like everyone we play does  to us we would put up a lot more points in some games. But still haven't been beaten by a 2a school.

softballfan22

PW isn't a great team, everyone knows that's. Probably not the best overall team in 2A either. They are a decent team with a great pitcher. A D1 pitcher like that should beat up on teams in 2A Arkansas. What did anyone expect.  If you can somehow muster 4-5 runs you'll beat them. I'm not taking anything away, just pointing out they aren't title contenders without her. I'm sure everyone is happy she'll be in 3A next year. She can be BK and RB's problem.

big E

I agree with you 100% , without her we are just a run of the mill team. But if she's on we are very hard to beat because the top 5 in our line up can hit the ball and get us 3-6 runs. With her that's like 100 runs , that's the very reason I haven't got on here and boasted and bragged to much , I know we have limitations , and I know we don't hit the ball we'll past the 5 hole,.if we are fortunate enough to win this thing, yeah it won't be because we had the best team , or it most definitely won't be because we had the best coach. It will be because we had the best player. Don't take this as Me making  my reservations to the hill , to old and wise to take anything for granted . I do like our chances though, but first we have to get past a very good McCrory team.

Mustangfans

birddawg1986

McCrory, Palestine & EPC are all pretty good for eastern Arkansas. Not sure these teams are good enough to bear the south schools who have been traditionally the powers the last couple years.

big E

Congratulations to the lady jags .

PapaHog

I think the south is down this year. Not to say the best team isn't in the south, but I just don't think the south is as deep.

big E

The best pitcher is at PW but as we saw today you can still get beat if you can't hit the ball.

birddawg1986

She is the best that I have seen in person but PW didn't really hit the ball all weekend. Not much to fear from PW at the plate

Panthers44

Quote from: softballfan22 on May 04, 2018, 10:21:30 pm
PW isn't a great team, everyone knows that's. Probably not the best overall team in 2A either. They are a decent team with a great pitcher. A D1 pitcher like that should beat up on teams in 2A Arkansas. What did anyone expect.  If you can somehow muster 4-5 runs you'll beat them. I'm not taking anything away, just pointing out they aren't title contenders without her. I'm sure everyone is happy she'll be in 3A next year. She can be BK and RB's problem.
What 3a school is she moving to?

birddawg1986

PW will be moving to 3A next season. I'm sure she will stay at PW unless her mom gets a coaching job

big E

May 06, 2018, 04:55:13 am #94 Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 04:57:06 am by big E
Quote from: birddawg1986 on May 05, 2018, 09:12:31 pm
She is the best that I have seen in person but PW didn't really hit the ball all weekend. Not much to fear from PW at the plate
That's why I always say if they can hit the ball , and most of the times they never do Kenley bails them out , well the bailing is over at this point you gotta hit and get runners on and have since enough to move them into scoring position,  or you go home this time of year because there ain't know Clarendon left , everyone knows now that all they have to do is manufacture a run and they win , I don't know why our coaches can't figure that out. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. But that goes back to the superintendent for not looking for a softball coach , don't get me wrong I think the world of our supt. But if he can get by , he will and that's not fair to these kids. 

3 Dollar

MikelB

Quote from: Mustangfans on May 05, 2018, 04:14:30 pm
McCrory over PW 1-0

This may have been the best game of the year. It was definitely a battle.

big E

Day 1 picks from Pangburn?

3 Dollar

Quote from: big E on May 09, 2018, 02:28:55 pm
Day 1 picks from Pangburn?

I'll go:

Hector over Salem
Spring Hill over Lavaca
Palestine-Wheatley over Parkers Chapel
Pangburn over EPC (only because of home field advantage)

big E

Mine are the same except for EPC over Pangburn.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas