• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP(GIRLS): Charleston vs Mountain View FRI 4;15

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2018, 12:28:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Ru96gg

WPWells

Hitman Warrior23

MTN view plays allot like Lamar a team Ctown is very similar with.  I'm picking Rukker with a week of preparation get the job done.  But really this game should be a GREAT ONE!

RedWolf275

Hitman Warrior23

Hitman Warrior23

I'll say this I'm sure MTN View Man D will disrupt Ctown for sure.   Ctown defensively should be able to slow MTN down just curious about how ctown will score on MTN view.    I'm obviously rooting for the team that beat us out.

RedWolf275

TruthHurts

The Yeller Jackets are a buzz saw right now. Shipman/Shelton/Decker gonna be hard to beat imo.

BoxNOne

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 07, 2018, 03:26:01 pm
Mountain View wins comfortably.

You guys maybe right, I only seen Mtn View one game, that was Rosebud and they were lucky to get out of that one with the win I felt.  Now I know that was the 3rd game of the year between them, and hard to judge off of one game but that's the only game I can go off of.

Eaglehawk535

3A girls basketball the Last two years has been dreadful to watch. Probably the worst classification in girls basketball in the state right now for talent. Not one standout team in the state.

4real

I would bet some folks on here might get their feelings hurt by such judgment...

But I agree with that perspective.

Hard to watch.

Eaglehawk535

if people can't handle the truth they need to stay off the boards. Worst state tournament I have witnessed in girls basketball at this level.

4real

I believe there have been several years that 3A girls state tournaments have been like this since we've had 7 classes. It was this way the last time Charleston girls were in the finals

somecoach...

Part of the problem with having less competitive classifications is because of the 7 classifications we have.  AAA should stopped the ridiculousness of the 7 classes the year after it began.  The thought of 2 classifications automatically qualifying for state is dumb.  IF Arkansas was the size of Texas, then yes it makes sense to have 7+ classifications, but as is there is no need for 7 classes imo.  Go to 5 and you can reduce travel time and cost for schools which means less time out of class for the students and getting them back home earlier.  From what I hear it is going back to 6 for the 18-19 year right?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eaglehawk535 on March 08, 2018, 12:17:26 am
3A girls basketball the Last two years has been dreadful to watch. Probably the worst classification in girls basketball in the state right now for talent. Not one standout team in the state.

2a girls would like to have a word with you....

And yes dropping a class for every sport but football next year...

somecoach...

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 09, 2018, 08:59:13 am

I can see that, guess it makes more sense keeping 7 in football.

D.C. Dacey

Or, they could reduce the number of teams at State.  And the number of teams at regional.  But then the AAA would lose money... Hmm.  Not going to happen. 

And I'm with you on 2A, Did you see the shooting % numbers for the final?  Wow. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: D.C. Dacey on March 09, 2018, 09:14:27 am
Or, they could reduce the number of teams at State.  And the number of teams at regional.  But then the AAA would lose money... Hmm.  Not going to happen. 

And I'm with you on 2A, Did you see the shooting % numbers for the final?  Wow. 

I have no issue with 16 at state tournament...it is what it is as far as that goes. Now 1a with 20 this lastcycle was bogus

Missco

Arkansas needs 4 classes in basketball, maybe 5 tops. 6 is way too many and 7 was absurd.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Missco on March 09, 2018, 11:25:14 am
Arkansas needs 4 classes in basketball, maybe 5 tops. 6 is way too many and 7 was absurd.
+1000

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Missco on March 09, 2018, 11:25:14 am

I think classification should be done like t was pre-1985ish...cut off line for each class in enrollment.

RedWolf275

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 09, 2018, 08:59:13 am

That 2A girls game was bad last night.

HorseFeathers

3a boys isn't much better shooting wise today.... Mcgehee shooting 30% and leading at half...

Ctucker

AT

AT

AT

Charleston working it inside and making layups. Both teams trying to do that. I don't think a three has been taken yet. 

Newhart has made so tough shots for Chucktown.

AT

AT

Charleston - 19
Mountain View - 15

end of 1Q

Big shot at the buzzer for MV.

AT

Officiating has been a little inconsistent from my view. Touchy sometimes, sometimes not. Mostly letting them play, though.

AT

Charleston - 25
Mountain View - 25

MV takes their 1st timeout.

5:59 2Q

MV making some threes. The star PG and the freshman for MV are playing great.

Newhart for Charleston is playing out of her mind.

AT

Mountain View - 30
Charleston - 30

3:46 2Q

Both teams playing good basketball. Great block and save by Charleston that led to a three.

AT

AT

Had about a minute of some missed layups from both teams. Charleston had a big three from Green and then a tough shot by the sophomore King to go up 4.

Mountain View scored 3 points to end the half.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 09, 2018, 04:56:39 pm
Had about a minute of some missed layups from both teams. Charleston had a big three from Green and then a tough shot by the sophomore King to go up 4.

Mountain View scored 3 points to end the half.

Sounds like a good one!

AT

MV is 12/22 from the field.

Chuck is 16/27 from the field.

MV is 4/6 from the 3. (This has been big for them in the 2Q)

Charleston is 3/5 from the 3.

MV is 6/11 from the FT line. Charleston is 0/3 from the FT line. Never like to be 0 fer from the charity stripe.

MV leading rebounding 15-12

MV has turned it over 5 times and Charleston has turned it over 4.

MV has Decker (#1) and Vickers (#12) with 2 fouls.

Chuck has McKenzie (#24), Green (#31), and Newhart (#35). Also Grandison (#20)

AT

Newhart has 17 at half by the way for Chuck.

Shipman has 9 for MV. Isbell (freshman) has 11.

AT

Charleston - 40
Mountain View - 34

MV takes their 2nd timeout of the game. Charleston going to the free throw line. Newhart still playing out of her mind.

Not sure the time. TV doesn't have it right now. It is above 4 minutes in the 3rd.

AT

AT

MV will have their own gripes, but that was a terrible 5 second call just now.

AT

Charleston - 44
Mountain View - 40

Charleston takes their first timeout.

3:11 3Q

AT

Charleston - 46
Mountain View - 44

Someone took a timeout. Not sure who.

2:17 3Q

smallybells

AT