• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A

Started by Gray lizard, January 15, 2018, 03:14:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

With about a month left till district where do the teams stand.  Pottsville only plays 2 of the 7 teams.  So who knows what to expect.
On the Boys side I have heard nothing about what teams might have a good team.
On the girls side I have heard Ozark has a good team.
I do not think this 4A/3A has done any good for Pottsville.  I went to a game Friday and the Larmar girls gave Pottsville a good game.  The boys game was not even close.  Pottsville's boy must have shot around 85% from the floor including 3 point.  This was through their first 10 players.
I am afraid the boys team is not getting the competition to be ready for State.
Not sure how it will work next year but I heard they will play a 4A/5A regular season.

Redlinebacker32

Waldron usually plays pretty well to their competition. They go toe to toe against good teams, bit usually slug through the first half against not as talented teams. All players know their roles and play them fairly well.

Gray lizard

Dang no one seems to be on here that cares anything about basketball. Is there any where else a guy can keep up with 4A basketball around the state?

Redlinebacker32

Not sure man. I would like to find somewhere with more involvement and updates.

Livewire

people care, but due to the infinite wisdom of AAA with the blended conferences, it is difficult to make fair comparisons.

Redlinebacker32

WattsOzark

Ozark boys are good, just not sure how tested they are, because of the blended conference.  The girls are a good team, when they play like they want to be good.  I saw Pottsville girls @ Two Rivers, and I'm not sure what to make of them, really.

1-Adam-12

January 17, 2018, 07:05:17 pm #7 Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:06:56 pm by 1-Adam-12
Booneville boys have beaten Waldron at Waldron and Ozark at home, and lost to Subi away. They also beat Waldron convincingly in Booneville's tournament, albeit it was Waldron's third game in as many days.  Cats get Subi at home next Tuesday.

The LadyCats won at Waldron and gave Ozark a run for their money at Booneville.

3 Dollar

It will no longer be a blended conference next year.

The 4-4A Basketball will look like this:

Clarksville
Dardanelle
Dover
Heber Springs
Morrilton
Ozark
Pottsville
Subiaco

athletic supporter

Quote from: 3 Dollar on January 18, 2018, 08:02:20 am

Clarksville
Dardanelle
Dover
Heber Springs
Morrilton
Ozark
Pottsville
Subiaco

It's still blended. Clarksville and Morrilton are 5A schools in football

3 Dollar

Quote from: athletic supporter on January 18, 2018, 08:06:19 am
It's still blended. Clarksville and Morrilton are 5A schools in football

Football is Football!  This is the conference for all other sports!

Gray lizard

January 18, 2018, 08:36:57 am #11 Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:50:17 am by Gray lizard
Quote from: 3 Dollar on January 18, 2018, 08:02:20 am

Clarksville
Dardanelle
Dover
Heber Springs
Morrilton
Ozark

Pottsville
Subiaco
That should be a good thing competition wise.
How will district play and tournament play affect regional selections.
Clarksville and Morrilton going to state in 4-A or 5-A.

athletic supporter

Quote from: 3 Dollar on January 18, 2018, 08:13:32 am
Football is Football!  This is the conference for all other sports!

And if 5A schools play 4A schools it is blended. What is so hard to understand?

OOps

It is not blended anymore after this season. Those 5a schools are no longer in 5a. They will be 4a.

athletic supporter

Quote from: OOps on January 18, 2018, 11:21:08 am
It is not blended anymore after this season. Those 5a schools are no longer in 5a. They will be 4a.

Look at them in football. They will be 5A. Explain that to me genius

OOps

Football stays like it is. Football never had a blended conference in the first place just the other sports. In basketball and the other sports the classifications are changing. Morrilton, Clarksville, Harrison, etc. will now be 4a teams "genius"

HorseFeathers

3 Dollar

OOps!!

He's correct and probably qualifies as a genius!  (OOps that is)

3 Dollar

Clarksville
Dardanelle
Dover
Heber Springs
Morrilton
Ozark
Pottsville
Subiaco

These teams will play in a conference during the regular season.  I assume they will also have a conference tournament at the end of the regular season to see who qualifies to go to the North Region as representatives of the 4-4A and face opposition from the 1-4A conference.  The top 4 from the 4A North Region will move on to compete in the 4A State tournament.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

I'm looking forward to this year's district tournament. I have an idea of who is good, but I hate this blended stuff.

Gray lizard

I was really hoping Pottsville girls would make another run at state.  They are pretty good, but just missing a little something. I think a big girl inside would change the team.  They are decent in overall size, but lack that paint play.
The boys on the other hand seem to be improving quite nicely.

Ozark Hog

With the Ozark girls having #1 seed wrapped up I wanted to see the competition for the district tournament. Was at Pottsville Two River game and here is my take on Pottsville team. They are lacking a true post player but from what I remember of teams last year they didn't have real post player. Looks like are really playing 4 guards and a forward. They  have pretty good speed and are at their best when on defense they are pressing the other team and causing turn overs. They seem to really get it going when they play up tempo on offense if not running they stand around to much and are easy to guard.
One of the things that hurt them in the game I watch was they are lacking at the point guard position, makes to many turnovers and looks to shoot the ball instead of getting it to a place where the team can score easy she was like 2 for 13 jacked up a lot of threes. Also  when coming down court on a fast break instead of making a pass wanted to dribble it too much, and by that time the defense for other team has got back.
Should be Ozark and Pottsville in finals so we shall see how it plays out, never know how the teams match up until they are on the court, the mix conferences  have made a mess of things.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: 3 Dollar on January 19, 2018, 06:56:19 am
Clarksville
Dardanelle
Dover
Heber Springs
Morrilton
Ozark
Pottsville
Subiaco

These teams will play in a conference during the regular season.  I assume they will also have a conference tournament at the end of the regular season to see who qualifies to go to the North Region as representatives of the 4-4A and face opposition from the 1-4A conference.  The top 4 from the 4A North Region will move on to compete in the 4A State tournament.

You are correct. No more blended stuff. These are the teams that will play in conference and then play each other in district.

StevenGlen

After reading this thread several times, I now understand how things will work next season for basketball.  Perhaps I can take a crack at explaining why this is not a "blended league".  In the current "blended" mess half of this blended conference will branch off and play in a 3A District Tournament the other teams will play in a 4A District Tournament in Pottsville.  Now, because of blending, teams will meet in the District Tournament that have not seen each other all season.
Next year all the teams will stay together for a District Tournament under the 4A Classification.  Clarksville, Morrilton, and perhaps Heber (?) will be in Class 5A for football.  By the way there is a big time example for splitting up classifications in football and basketball.  Look at the NCAA with the FCS and FBS Divisions, then everyone under one classification for March Madness.
Please put me in the camp that much prefers the one league, one district tournament banner the AAA has come up with for next year.   

Gray lizard

Steven do you have the 4-4A bracket yet?  if you do could you post it up with the dates and times.

x14113

Girls:
Pottsville 65
Waldron 27

Boys:
Pottsville 69
Waldron 26

I've yet to find a score for Ozark-Dover.

sports_lover

Gray lizard

Quote from: sports_lover on February 13, 2018, 01:17:10 am
Ozark beat Dover

And when I left it was not even close.  Ozark's #2 can light it up.

Bbal789

I knew Waldron only had Payton Brown but I can't believe Pottsville beat them that bad.

Gray lizard

#2 from Ozark was that normal for him shooting in last nights game.  I only watched the 1st 1/4, but he was lighting it up.  Two of his 4 three point scores were highly contested and it did not seem to affect his shot at all.  I was very impressed.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 13, 2018, 11:32:55 am
#2 from Ozark was that normal for him shooting in last nights game.  I only watched the 1st 1/4, but he was lighting it up.  Two of his 4 three point scores were highly contested and it did not seem to affect his shot at all.  I was very impressed.
Masingale is their top scoring threat. If he gets going, everyone needs to look out.

1-Adam-12

Subi won over Dardanelle.  The Lizards had a shot to tie that was just short.

Booneville beat WF 57-43.  First regionals for Cats since 2012-13.

Trackhawk

Quote from: athletic supporter on January 18, 2018, 11:41:03 am
Look at them in football. They will be 5A. Explain that to me genius
They took the 7A classification out of sports like basketball, baseball, etc.  They will keep 7A football and leave everything as it is because of the money.  Football playoff games generate a lot of money for the AAA, they ain't about to reduce that.  In basketball next year, 7A will become 6A, this year's 6A will bump down into 5A with the bottom 16 5A schools bumped down into 4A, which in turn bumps the smallest 16 schools of 4A into 3A.  I have no idea why this was changed for the non-football sports.  Missouri does the same thing, though.  Perhaps it is just change for change sake,

3 Dollar

Quote from: Trackhawk on February 14, 2018, 10:33:14 pm
  They took the 7A classification out of sports like basketball, baseball, etc.  They will keep 7A football and leave everything as it is because of the money.  Football playoff games generate a lot of money for the AAA, they ain't about to reduce that.  In basketball next year, 7A will become 6A, this year's 6A will bump down into 5A with the bottom 16 5A schools bumped down into 4A, which in turn bumps the smallest 16 schools of 4A into 3A.  I have no idea why this was changed for the non-football sports.  Missouri does the same thing, though.  Perhaps it is just change for change sake,

I am not by any means saying that what they (the AAA) are doing is right, but now there are the same number of classifications in each sport.

You have 2A thru 7A in Football and 1A thru 6A in all other sports.

BigGuy22

Not a very strong conference imo. Only Pottsville and Subi look like they have a small chance in regionals

Bbal789

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 15, 2018, 10:38:18 am
Not a very strong conference imo. Only Pottsville and Subi look like they have a small chance in regionals

I don't think Pottsville has only a small chance in regionals. I think Pottsville could make a deep run in state and possibly win it all

BigGuy22

My apologizes, meant to write more. I think Pottsville has one of the better teams in the state this year. I meant subi has a small chance of making it out of regionals depending on their matchup

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 15, 2018, 11:16:13 am
My apologizes, meant to write more. I think Pottsville has one of the better teams in the state this year. I meant subi has a small chance of making it out of regionals depending on their matchup
Yeah that 1-4A looks stacked this year with the #1 Pea Ridge almost losing to the 8 seed. Good call there Big Guy...

BigGuy22

Well Subi, Gentry played a really good game. They definetly didn't deserve the 8 seed, especially after playing Pea Ridge close twice and beating Gravette but that is what they were given. You better hope Pea Ridge doesn't catch Subi in regionals. Cause Subi will packing up early in Regionals. Just not enough talent on that team.

HorseFeathers

Ozark 35
West For 8
Half time

Shinbone5

Lady Hillbillies clicking on all cylinders right now.  Has pulled the starters out in the 3rd.  45-11 with 5:20 left in 3rd

HorseFeathers

45-14 start of 4th....they were raining 3's when I got here...

x14113

Tigers look to be glad just to make Region.

Girls:
Ozark 48
West Fork 25

HorseFeathers

Pottsville 69
Booneville 39
Final

Pottsville led 25-18 at the half

x14113

Wire-to-wire heat...!

Boys:
Subiaco 57
Ozark 37

Sigmund Sauer

February 16, 2018, 06:49:00 am #45 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:06:22 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: x14113 on February 15, 2018, 09:09:49 pm
Wire-to-wire heat...!

Boys:
Subiaco 57
Ozark 37
Seems like subi is on or off lately. When they are really on, they're going to be tough to beat.

Gray lizard

Pottsville girls over Dardanelle I do not remember the score but seems like by 28.  Dardanelle girls played really tough I see how they pulled off an upset in the regular season.  They go full blast.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 16, 2018, 06:49:00 am
Seems like subi is on or off lately. When they are really on, they're going to be tough to beat.

Subiaco has about 3 boys that can get hot from behind the 3 point line. They seem to depend on the 3's.  They also move the ball around quite well to get the open 3 point shot.
I look forward to the match up with Pottsville.  Ozark seemed to have a hard time converting their inside shots.  Should be a good one.

Ozark Hog

Should be a good game between Ozark and Pottsville girls. West Fork didn't play very good and got a beating, Dardanelle played a fair game and still got a beat down, so we shall see. Pottsville boys took care of business and now will face Subiaco who beat  :(  Ozark boys.
Should be a good game if Subiaco can shoot the threes like they did last night. Pottsville should be the favorite on their home floor I think they are ranked #2 in the state. They have some good three point shooters when they are on its bad for the other team and they have a good post player who can shoot the three, but I was told one of their best three point shooter was out and hadn't played in last couple of game and was not sure when he would be back.
I think the Pottsville boys coach gets the most out of his players they are not biggest size wise but they play real good defense.
Hope all 4 teams do good in regional 's !!!!!!!

Gray lizard

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas